Sunstates Security Employee Reviews in United States

Great company!
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJuly 20, 2016
Great company! Wonderful people and great management. Your supervisors are very hands on and work well with the whole team. The company takes care of its officers well. The pay is a bit on the lower side but there are opportunities for advancement. Great company overall.
Pros
Great team, hands on, great supervisors, nice facility, kind people
Cons
No real breaks, can't leave facility, not a lot of restroom breaks

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for providing a Sunstates with a review. We strive to employ quality personnel. Our managers are hands on and work well with their teams. Sunstates values our officers to provide them opportunities for advancement and quality training.

Good Job
EMT/Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 6, 2016
I enjoy working here. The only complained I have is there is no way to move up and also when you want time off it cant be worked out.

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide opportunities for growth. If you have concerns please contact our Human Resources Department.

Great career opertunities & nice place to work over all....
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 28, 2016
Sunstates Security is an nice & fun place to work in my experience....if u have an eye & an talent for security Sunstates is the place for you to work, Tell a friend....
Pros
Friendy staff
Cons
slow work day

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with a review. We look for talented individuals to grow with our company. We love employee referrals.

Family Atmosphere, Reasonable, Fair
SITE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 27, 2016
Their turnover rate for a security company is very low. The owner/president is very active with the staff and friend. Like with any company, it has it's flaws and personnel that are unpleasant to work with, but the employees and management out number the bad and overall, it is one of the best companies I have worked for, the benefits aren't the best, but they have improved each year.

Comment – July 21, 2016

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with a review. We strive to hire quality personnel so that the turnover rate is low. All managers aim to be actively involved. We strive to improve year after year.

Chaotic 90% of the times
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2016
It was a hectic job. Management was difficult to work with at times. The client was very good to work with. I learned various skills to help with future jobs.
Pros
flexible hours at times
Cons
health care, workers lay out alot

Comment – May 25, 2016

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide a review. Our management team reviews all reviews so that we can improve.

Great place to ork, good employees, marginal pay for other employees
Captain- Post Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN 37214May 22, 2016
It was hard to hold on to regular security officer due to the fact that they were very underpaid, I think once they raise the pay, they will keep officers

Comment – May 25, 2016

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security a review regarding compensation. Your comments will be reviewed by the management team. We strive to take care of our employees and listen to their feedback.

Good Job Wrong Company!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  NCMay 16, 2016
Don't care about you. Slow getting you stuff you need. Fire you no counseling. Good training. Good pay. Nice co workers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Take care of workers

Comment – May 18, 2016

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide a review. All reviews are shared with the management team so that we may improve. For your concerns please contact toll free hotline at 877-552-3669.

Good temporary job
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Siler City, NCMarch 8, 2016
This job to me is a temporary job. I got this job mainly because I decided to take a year of college to save up a little money and even travel a little.

Overall the job is easy but it depends on where you are posted. Luckily i was posted somewhere easy.

The pay is pretty bad. You wont be able to live of it. I was suppose to save up money and travel but couldn't do that because its so low pay and the money disappears as fast as it gets deposited into my bank account. But if you talk to your manager you might be able to get overtime.

This is a pretty dead end job. You don't really learn much besides communication. You probably wont be able to move up the ladder.

Basically like i said before this job is only a temporary job to some.
This job is good for someone who just got out of the military and is looking for work quick. They usually hire military. This job is also good for someone who is retired and needs a little extra cash. Basically this job is good for anyone who is desperate. Just don't expect much. Always strive for more!
Pros
easy
Cons
low pay, dead end

Comment – April 12, 2016

Sunstates values the time you took to provide us with a review. All reviews are shared with the management team so we can improve.

Growing company with great opportunities
Security (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMarch 4, 2016
Sunstates is a great company to work with. Their management exceeds expectations by showing the officers they really care whats going on and find the best fit for you. Company is growing and they love to promote from with in. As long as you show you're a hard worker and a team player you'll get recognized and rewarded. Solid pay especially for the area.
Pros
Plently of opportunity for growth, great management, comfortable work enviorment

Comment – April 12, 2016

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We offer the opportunity for personal fulfillment, professional growth and career advancement so that our employees can achieve their personal career goals.

Overall experience has been very good. Client is appreciative, including me in decisions effecting overall security.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington Region, DEMarch 3, 2016
A typical day has me opening and closing facility. Giving direction / helping visitors. Despite being the only officer assigned to job site I feel valued as a member of the Sunstates team.
Pros
Flexibility, management accommodating with time off requests. Work hours.
Cons
Pay is low, need another set of uniforms.

Comment – March 4, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide Sunstates Security with a review. We strive to value all team members. All reviews are shared with the management team so that we may improve all employees' employment experience.

Comment – March 9, 2016

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide a review. All reviews are shared with the management team so we can improve. We value your feedback.

Good environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 27, 2016
I enjoy working here .Pay could be better but that's the nature of the business. Great supervisors and co workers. Easy going atmosphere. I enjoyed the low level or work needed to do this job.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Low pay

Comment – March 1, 2016

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. We share all reviews with the management team.

Security Officer/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 13, 2016
Monitor security cameras CCTV, PTZ and access cameras. Performed foot patrol inside and exterior of RHEC and additional buildings including parking areas. Issuing and collecting security key from contractors and visitors. Assist in making weekly schedules. Provide escorts to staff and student upon request.

Comment – February 16, 2016

Sunstates Security values your time to provide a review. We are pleased your work experience is a positive one. All reviews are shared with the management team.

Best in the Industry
security officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCJanuary 20, 2016
I have worked for many security companies over the years and I have finally found a home with Sunstates Security. They are highly focused on the happiness of the officers and the clients. It is a great balance. I really feel like my voice is heard and that I make a difference with the support from the management team.
Pros
Upward mobility and management support
Cons
None that I have seen

Comment – January 21, 2016

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide a review. We strive to take care of our employees and clients. We are pleased your work experience is a positive one. All reviews are shared with our management team.

Campbell Post 1
security guard (Former Employee) –  Maxton, NCDecember 30, 2015
If you get a job at the Maxton NC location don't work the front gate. The front gate aka Post 1 has no bathroom. I worked that post for 2 days. Day 1 I called for a break and it took 45 minutes to be relieved. The next day it took 1 hour and 15 minutes, that was the last day I work there. Plus while I was there the schedule is only made 1 week at a time so there is no way to plan anything in advance.

Comment – January 6, 2016

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a feedback. All reviews are shared with the management team so that we can make improvements.

Hard to make a living...
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INDecember 28, 2015
The pay is not great at all. I was promised a lot more than what was given and I was doing the job of 3 people for myself with no advancement.
Pros
Nice People, laid back
Cons
everything else

Comment – December 30, 2015

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. All reviews are reviewed by the Management Team so we make improvements.

Great company to work for.
Senior Security (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 28, 2015
Great company! If you work hard you are rewarded.
Open door policy!
The Benefits are nice.
Job security is solid.
Chance for growth.
Pros
NA
Cons
NA

Comment – December 30, 2015

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. We are pleased your work experience has been a positive one.

Average at best.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VANovember 18, 2015
The average pay rate is $8.50 which obviously is not a living wage nor is it conducive to bringing in proper levels of competency to accomplish the task at hand. This leads to constant turnover which then leads to overtaxing those individuals who for one reason or another stay loyal to the company. At times things run smoothly but in my almost eighteen months its been more rocky than smooth. You can expect to work long hours on little or no notice, get called in semi-frequently to fill slots either at your home site or if you are an overachiever at multiple sites and for any shift. Management tries to reward those that go above and beyond but in this business the margin for any sort of raise or promotion is almost nonexistent. You will work with individuals who are better suited to wave liberty tax signs on the side of the road than guard and secure sites that contain millions of dollars worth of merchandise and equipment. For the average worker this issue can be worked around but for those individuals with a high work ethic it can lead to more stress than the salary is worth.
Pros
Potential for Overtime
Cons
Beck and call mentality, Advancement opportunities

Comment – November 30, 2015

Sunstates values the time you took to provide us with a review. We are sorry your work experience was not a positive one. We will share you comments with the management team because we are always looking for ways to make improvements.

Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service, Quality Control, Patrol Sites (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 10, 2015
I was able to learn new things everyday. I was not impressed with management. There seemed to be no communication.
The hardest part of the job was all the walking(stairs).
The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to work at several different sites, have several different duties, and work with different people everyday.

Comment – November 30, 2015

Sunstates Security values your feedback and looks for ways to improve constantly. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Great part time company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 31, 2015
Sunstates Security is a great company to work for. There is not much room for advancement because of the lack of local contracts.
Pros
flexible
Cons
healthcare and advancement

Comment – November 5, 2015

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We are growing security firm whose geographic footprint is continually growing.

It is what you mke it
Security officer (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 29, 2015
A good job if you are going to school to pursue a better objective. Utilize the time that you have to achieve greater goals.
Pros
Lots of down time
Cons
Lots of down time

Comment – November 5, 2015

Sunstates Security values the review you provided and time you took to provide us feedback.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunstates Security. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9