Sunstates Security

Sunstates Security Employee Reviews

great
Security officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 27, 2015
i love this job. I had great management and coworkers. I highly recommend this company to anyone. it gives you great customer service experience and offers over time if you're willing to take it.

July 16, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give Sunstates Security a review. We are happy your experience is such a positive one. We strive to take care of our employees.

Best Security Company To Work For
security guard (Current Employee), nashville tnJune 13, 2015
Pros: top pay, benfits, great post and more
Cons: there is none that i can tell great company
this is the best company to work for the pay is over the edge for unarmed security starting out at 13$ a hour with at least 2 years exp they have a state benfits package that you can check here http://www.sunstatessecurity.com
Excellent Company
Current Employee (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCJune 11, 2015
Pros: Feels like you are part of a family.
Cons: So far, haven't found any that are worth mentioning.
I have worked in the contract security industry for almost 20 years and have worked for both big and small companies. Sunstates Security is the first company that actually does what they say they are going to do. They make sure the employees are well taken care of so that we can do our jobs and take care of the clients. The best job I have ever had!

June 15, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to review Sunstates. We place great value on your comments. We are pleased you are having a positive work experience.

Security Officer (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 1, 2015
I would refer a friend to work for them. Very good Company to work. Enjoyed working in the church enivorment. Co workers were fun to work with.

June 3, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your work experience. We are happy to hear you would refer a friend to work for Sunstates Security and that you enjoyed working with your co-workers. We value and appreciate your comments.

July 16, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to give Sunstates Security a review. We value your comments. We are happy your work experience is such a positive one.

Great place to work with many opportunities for advancement!
Current Employee (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: None to note.
Great company work for. Fast-paced environment that is ever changing. The company is growing and offers so many opportunities for advancement. The company provides the tools and technology necessary to get the job done.

A great team to work with. The whole staff is very qualified and experienced. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rate of growth. The best part of the day is the people I work with.

May 26, 2015

Sunstates values the time you took to review our company, we are very happy you are satisfied. We place great value on your comments.

Fayetteville,NC Danger
SO (Current Employee), Fay,NCMay 6, 2015
Pros: its a JOB
Cons: Short break little pay
I have worked with other security my last was with Willowheart in Spring Lake, The Leader are all in a click yea I said it. Not fair in awards and in punishments!!! This SunState security so far is good. Takes awhile to get uniforms, I am still waiting for some of my gear been one month now. Need first aid kid on site witch I have asked for two weeks now. Still waiting on CPR certificate two weeks now and guard card three weeks now I think.

May 12, 2015

Sunstates Security takes your reviews seriously. Please contact our Human Resources Director magsten@sunstatessecurity.com for assistance.

Could be better
Security Officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCApril 22, 2015
This company is growing and I wanted to grow with it but there is no advancement or raises. My co_workers are wonderful it's just some management that's questionable.

May 12, 2015

Sunstates Security strives to take care of our employees. For assistance please contact our Human Resources Director magsten@sunstatessecurity.com for assistance.

Current Employee
Okay to contact this supervisor (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMApril 21, 2015
Pros: Great work environment
Cons: Low pay, no advancement opportunities
Our management staff is excellent and extremely knowledgable. great team! Not alot of benifits and almost no room for advancement unless someone gets fired or quits. Pay could be better.

May 12, 2015

Sunstates Security values your review and your comments about your work environment. If you need assistance please contact our Human Resources Director magsten@sunstatessecurity.com. Or you may call our anonymous HIT Line at 877-552-3669.

Upper management (Account Managers and above) doesn't care about the supervisors and officers
Various positions (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2015
Pros: Pay is a little above average
Cons: Upper management lack of concern and care
Pay is a little above average for the area. Management doesn't truly care about the supervisors or the officers. They are concerned with the amount of money coming in from the client and that is their number one priority. Lack of uniforms and equipment, unsafe working conditions during construction, and the constant interruptions during days off are just a few of the issues. I will give the company credit for the pay being on time and accurate.

May 12, 2015

Sunstates Security values your review and takes it seriously. For assistance please contact our Human Resources Director magsten@sunstatessecurity.com.

no Respect for employees
Security officer (Former Employee), Riviera Beach, FLApril 14, 2015
Pros: 30 minutes lunch
Cons: health insurance, pay vacation, pay holidays time and half
Management is not good - careless about employees,They believe in whatever supervisors told them, and the supervisors have no respect for employees

May 12, 2015

Sunstates Security values you taking the time to give us a review. We take reviews seriously. If you need assistance please contact our Human Resources Director magsten@sunstatessecurity.com .

poor pay/ dangerous areas
Security Officer, S.O.R.A. Certified (Former Employee), mt.laurel,njFebruary 3, 2015
most work sites are highly dangerous with criminal activity lurking and upper management is very hard to communicate with
terrible workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee), Freeport, TXDecember 31, 2014
terrible management, treat there employees like dirt, I worked there for a year
Hiring standards are not up to a high enough level
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 31, 2014
Pros: free coffee.
Cons: short breaks.
On their website, they claim to have started in 1998 and have contract to train royal guards for the queen of england. I have some doubts about how true any of that is.
Good work environment.
Security Guard Officer (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCDecember 26, 2014
Pros: nice work environment
Cons: poor management and salary
I liked the job atmosphere but the managent and salary were not satisfactory.
Don't seem to care about the workers only the clients
Security Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2014
Managers are too uptight. Will fire someone over a single mistake. The individuals I worker with were great. Too much turnover in personnel to maintain a good working environment. Management expected everyone to work overtime whenever they were told to and to put work over family every time.
Enjoyable and challenging work place
Security officer (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 20, 2014
Pros: schedule
Cons: not enough hours
I am a flex officer which works in the control room for the Charlotte Government Center or as an armed officer at the main entrances.
Being a Security Officer
Security Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 3, 2014
We secured the facility
Monitored ingoing and outgoing traffic
I learned that security work is not as easy as people expect
Great work site
Security Officer (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 29, 2014
Pros: opportunity for extra hours
Cons: part time
A typical day includes patrolling and securing the property, staying alert, and recording what is going on hourly in daily activity reports. We meet and greet tenants, lend a helping hand, and always maintain the rules of the building. Management and co-workers are fun and easy to communicate with. The hardest part was learning my way around the job site. And lastly, the people are the most enjoyable part of my job, from co-workers to management and the tenants of the building.
Great and stable place to work
Inspections Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
My position is to insure that our security employment staff are completing their job duties as required. I have a great team so I'm rarely faced with any major issues.
Horrendous experience
officer (Former Employee), confidentialAugust 9, 2014
Cons: lying management. no clear mgmt strategy, no training, no room for advancement.
I've worked in various occupations and this is by far the worst experience of my life. Management are corrupt liars. Whatever the client says, goes. They leave their employees twisting in the wind. They don't want guards to last more than 6 mos. so their benefits would never kick in. Lucky I had security experience, because there are NO in-house classes. Anyone at a site more than 2 wks. becomes your "trainer." The pay sucks. Same amount per hr. whether the job is easy or difficult. Even contract security varies pay at different sites. PLEASE don't waste your time like I did.

1 2 3

About Sunstates Security

Based in Raleigh, N.C., Sunstates Security provides uniformed security personnel and security consulting services to clients throughout – Read more

Sunstates Security Salaries