Sunstates Security Employee Reviews

Overnight Patrol
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 12, 2017
Never felt like a part of a team after initial training was completed. If it were not for the Patrol Manager at that exact time I would have never stayed so many years.
June 20, 2017

Thank you for your feedback about your work experience. Your comments will be shared with the management team.

Honesty, Integrity, Adaptability
Security Officer/Supervisor/ Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NC 27527June 10, 2017
Better and Stronger than most, Always trying to improve it's self,
They have strong online Improvement courses,They have strong
Human Resource Guide Lines at some sites,etc.
June 12, 2017

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. Your feedback is important and will be shared with the management team.

Working for Sunstates Security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NC 27607June 7, 2017
They took over and the working there was better than the other company had been that was there. The manager was great. We were treated kindly and fairly. They provided us with daily information about the site. The work place was good, and we all got along. The hard part was when they left and took some really gifted and nice people away. Working with some talented and good people.
Pros
Working with gifted and hard working people
Cons
When they lost the site.
June 8, 2017

Thanks you for your review. We value your feedback and will share with the management team.

7 years strong
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2017
I have had a great experience at Sunstates Security. Going on 7 years. I have always put 110% into my responsibilities. I started as an entry level officer and as the company has grown opportunities have opened up. Sunstates is always looking to promote from within which has seen me through Officer, Supervisor and now a Manager role. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help everyone I work with.
Pros
Challenging roles, growth opportunities
June 6, 2017

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review of your work experience. We do provide excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals. We are growing therefore rewarding opportunities continue to open up.

Client is always right, employee comes second.
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 30, 2017
As an officer this was a great place to work, but once you start dealing directly with management the tables turn. The owners are wonderful honest people, but need to clean house with management. They have no faith in their people and no matter what happens the managers only care about the client. They will hang you out to dry. If you are prior military do not even think about working here, you will hate the environment. If you are disabled do not even try they will use it against you. The pay is on the higher side in the industry and tons of opportunity for overtime. The worst benefits package I have ever had.

-Like i said the owners and corporate team rock its the management that pulls this place in the gutter.
Pros
Decent pay, overtime
Cons
managers, healthcare
May 31, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide Sunstates Security with your review. We value your feedback and will share your review with the management team.

Inappropriate work relationship which make it impossible for anyone else to get ahead.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 24, 2017
Was wrote up for leaving my site because my one year old son was unresponsive on his way to the hospital. I was fired because my supervisor lied on me and they found it to be a lie so they had to find another reason to fire me and said its because I used profanity in the presences of my supervisor. They do not care about their employees or employees family. Sad to say onlu white people will be in management or a supervisor.
Pros
Cons
The whole company is terrible
May 31, 2017

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with your review. Your review will be shared with the management team. We have a very diverse workforce as well we are an equal opportunity employer.

Amazing
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2017
They are amazing you just can't be stupid . Do your job and you won't have no problem. I started working only two days, I worked my butt off doing doubles , picking up shifts sometime not having no days off . To than getting full time. Which I still worked my butt off. Now I'm the site supervisor. Really great company and good pay!
May 31, 2017

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We do provide opportunities for advancement for career minded individuals.

Productive working environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Sanford, NCMay 12, 2017
Customer relations and maintaining a safe, secure environment for both faculty, students, and visitors. Interaction with client and feedback of service provided.
May 15, 2017

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We do provide productive working environments. We strive to provide our employees with an engaging work environment.

flexible envirment
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NC 28202May 10, 2017
I never could complain about a post that this company placed me on. I actually was re-hired after some time off and the operations manager remembered me from those years ago. And its one of the few companies that watch your performance for promotion purposes.
Pros
meeting people, flexible management
Cons
low pay rate for some posts
May 15, 2017

Thank you for your review. We value the time you took to provide valuable feedback. Your review will be shared with the management team.

Truly a Company that cares about its personnel
Manager (Current Employee) –  West CoastMay 2, 2017
Sunstates is a client driven company that truly knows how to taking care of its employees. One of the best company Leadership that I have worked for.
May 8, 2017

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide a review. Your feedback will be shared with the management team. We value our employees and quality leadership.

Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 2, 2017
Management is fantastic.They try to take care their employees. They have added a lot of benefits recently that make them different than other employers.
May 8, 2017

Sunstates Security values your review. We do really care about our employees and frequently review benefits to ensure they exceed industry standards.

Typical day at work
security officer (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEApril 29, 2017
It's easy make patrols watch the cameras greet people! Great environment! Good people nice to be around you also get to travel a little usually a different place every day
Pros
Free lunch/eat whenever
May 2, 2017

Sunstates Security values your review feedback. We strive to provide a positive work environment.

They do tell you Shift/Pay/Where it is ( that's good) others don't
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  NCApril 23, 2017
I believe their management needs a undercover boss, most I've met or seen, /worked with---:( Yes , one exception no names, we don't want to be rude. They do tell you on advertizing their jobs the hours to work/shift/ location, pay, sometimes you have to ask:( most of the time if you drive a hour from your home you chose it, each job tells you in their ad, how far it is- where it is. Their 1-800 number don't work, this I know, I've talked to other guards that say the same, change your number on that or dont offer one. if you want to move up in management it depends on who you know? To me there are well over 100 things wrong with management. Ask all the guards to do a survey you will get your answers. Most of jobs I've worked on are not secure, or being secured, you want honesty or not ? ( that is a high risk area for any security company- don't cha think?
Pros
They do run job ads they tell you what shift what hours and the location and the site pay, most all other security companies don't, it hurts their hiring process.
Cons
The jobs need more info on what each job ( consist of ? Doing what working what type of security, get rid of the, I can't tell you about the job, type explanation, it's just security / no! :(
May 2, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide Sunstates Security with your review. Your feedback will be shared with our management team. The 800 phone number and the 866 HIT Line phone number have both been checked and are in working order. Recently there was a power outage that caused some issues that have now been resolved. You are encouraged to call the HIT Line 866-710-2019 to voice your concerns.

okay work environment
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 14, 2017
not enough staff at certain locations, lots of overtime ,bad health care it is hard to get a hold of management on situations.need to give raises to the employees that work there for long time.
April 17, 2017

Sunstates values your review and will share with the management team.

Productive and Relaxing place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLApril 6, 2017
Management truly cares for their employees and try their very best to coordinate with you in regards to what you need to fit your lifestyle. They want you to patrol your site and be very customer friendly; as long as you do your job correctly and professionally, they will always have your back.
Pros
Great team and management
Cons
Small pay
April 11, 2017

We value the time you took to provide Sunstates Security with a review. We do truly care about our employees and strive to find you the right position to fit your lifestyle.

Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2017
Its a cool place to be. The hardest part about this job is when people late to relief you so you can go to your other job or they dont show up at all. Communication is key....
Pros
Getting Hours
Cons
Depend On You Little Too Much
Great place for part time work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 14, 2017
very organised company. allows you room to govern yourself. not a high stress work place. holds all team members accountable, and they also pay the fee for earning safety officer's license
Pros
independance
Cons
most jobs are temporary
March 20, 2017

Sunstates Security values your feedback. We provide many opportunities for both full-time and part-time employment.

Cares about the Contract not Employees keeping the contract going
Employee (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMarch 14, 2017
Typical day isn't bad, fun environment. Eat when you can. Company isn't bad overall, everyone past the supervisors actually care about the employees and their well being. Turnover rate is extremely high.
Cons
No lunch Break, Pay stays the same, No job advancement opportunities
March 20, 2017

Sunstates Security values the time you took to provide us with a review. We genuinely care about our employees and provide them with a positive work environment.

Great place to work the best thus far in the Security field.
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Mebane, NCMarch 14, 2017
Every place you work is not perfect SUNSTATES is pretty close to me, at being a great perfect place to work. Work is what you make it, the Clients are always right even when they are wrong, in Security that's just the way it is, join in, go with it, the Clients win, so win with them-make them happy -keep your job, every one is happy.:) Just do it.....Aaron Anderson is the best Operations manager in the whole world, just get under his management and enjoy your job. Can't say that about any others there, so I will say nothing.
Pros
I like working here, it's the best Security company to work for, I've worked for 4-5
Cons
they need to promote from within, maybe they do, I've missed this going on here, someday I will be a supervisor one way or the other.
March 20, 2017

Thank you for providing Sunstates Security with your review. Your feedback with be shared with the management team. We provide an work environment where our employees can advance from within.

Lots of travel for little pay
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJMarch 8, 2017
Lots of travel between sites for little pay. Lots of work in the cold with little protection. It was standard security work for the most part. Overall it was an average working environment.
Pros
Don't forget your gloves in the cold
Cons
Poor pay/going out in freezing climate
March 13, 2017

Sunstates Security values feedback from our employees. Your comments will be reviewed by our management team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunstates Security. Our community is ready to answer.