SunStone Water Group was founded in 2011. The company is currently represented in Lebanon, Malta, Denmark, Germany and USA. SunStone Water Group encompass innovation and creativity in clean water, process water, water recycling and power applications. We strive to use the latest technologies and solutions that support our mission in being a true pioneer in the water and power industry. SunStone Water Group brings the latest thinking, proven technologies and the most advanced application knowledge to the municipal and industrial clean water, process water and wastewater markets around the world.
The Procurement specialist will provide procurement, materials, and logistical support to operations and affiliated subsidiary companies by working as an embedded team member with the primary objective of ensuring time and location value for required goods and services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates and assists in the sourcing, contracting, and acquisition of required goods and services
2. Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
3. Determines if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
4. Responds to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes or cancellations.
5. Performs buying duties when necessary
6. Contacts suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems
7. Reviews requisitions orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications
8. Prepares, maintains, and reviews purchasing files, reports and price lists
9. Negotiates pricing, contractual terms of service and key performance indicators (KPI) that will be used to trend vendor's performance.
10. Tracks the status of requisitions, contracts and orders.
11. Calculates costs of orders, and charges or forwards invoices to appropriate accounts.
12. Coordinates the transportation and logistics of moving goods and services to and from point of use including timely delivery to site
Education and Experience
1. Bachelors Degree and 3+ years purchasing experience or 5+ years of related purchasing experience
2. Strong ERP system background (MS Dynamics Super User is desired)
1. Ability to read and interpret prints and drawings
2. Ability to understand and articulate mechanical and technical specifications
3. Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
4. Excellent understanding of manufacturing processes and construction methods
5. Experience with process equipment instrumentation, valves and pumps.