Suntiva Employee Reviews

Growing Business Transformation and Technology Company
PM Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAFebruary 15, 2016
Suntiva offers a great combination of employee growth and development, mentoring, and support programs. I participate in setting my own performance goals, get regular feedback and encouragement, have a flexible schedule, and participate in communities of practice with my peers increasing my technical expertise. I have had my performance recognized through annual increases, bonuses, in newsletters and by my managers.
This company is growing, but still lives its core values. It has a clear vision and strategic plan, and invests its profits back into growing employees and the company. I love the combination of leadership development, change management, IT Services and acquisition expertise that the company combines to provide business transformation and technology services to our government clients. We know we are really making a positive difference through the work we do. Our clients tell us so!
Pros
Commitment to employee growth, investment to grow employees and develop client solutions, opportunity and flexibility to make a difference
Cons
Space was a problem until a month ago when company doubled the office size
Great Company focused on all of the right things!
Senior Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls ChurchOctober 13, 2015
Suntiva is an exceptional management consulting company that truly is driven by its core values in all that they do.

One of my favorite values is "do the right thing all the time."

This means that Suntiva does what is right for the clients by offering tailored solutions that address client-specific challenges rather than providing a one-size fits all approach to the work. This means that what the client gets is immediately able to be put in practice and therefore more sustainable in the long term.

More importantly, however, is that Suntiva does what is right for the employees. Suntiva does this in three key areas:
1 - Matching up client opportunities to staff career interests
2- Providing employees the opportunity to take on "stretch assignments" to learn and grow in new areas of interest
3 - Supporting employee development through an annual tuition and training reimbursement program

Suntiva truly cares about its employees and actively works to engage them in meaningful ways.
Pros
Fun, challenging work, supportive management/leadership
Cons
Competing in the "free and open" consulting market with companies much larger than Suntiva
Best company to work for to-date
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls Church, VAMarch 21, 2014
Suntiva values their employees and that was recognized on day 1 for me. They have a great work/life balance, provide great benefits and wellness programs, and constantly try to improve employees with continuing education and certifications. Management gives you the trust and respect deserved and allow you oftentimes to telework, avoiding long commutes in a very congested area, which leads to higher job satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is having to work with a difficult partner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the great company culture Suntiva provides.
Pros
continuing education and employee improvement programs, benefits, and teleworking
Cons
difficult partner
Worst place that I have ever worked in my career
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJuly 14, 2013
This consulting firm operates with a few decision makers, all of whom were with another company. They are not accepting of new
employees and if they lose a contract you are gone ASAP!

There is no job security and the management listens to "their inner circle" as far as new employees, whether the "inner circle" people's assessment is true or not.
Pros
salary
Cons
poor leadership, lack of involvement with new employees, rude and pompous management
No Learning Curve or Appropriate Training
Not Important (Former Employee) –  Falls Church, VAJune 22, 2015
The expectation, at this small, poorly managed company is for new employees to come in and immediately demonstrate and perform at an advanced level; without appropriate training and without receiving clear expectations or milestone checks. There is no learning curve to find a comfort zone with a new corporate (if you can call Suntiva a corporation or refer to this business with any synonym of organization). Their filing systems are scattered and primitive (at best) and each individual employee has their own files on their desktops. It's a hunt and peck game to find any systematic files. You may find submitted proposals on one persons desktop, contract files on another persons desktop and information in all places that do not sync with each other. Everyone keeps their own files on their desktops and there is not file sharing or collaboration. To get information to perform simple tasks employees are expected to hunt down the people who have the information and then search through their nonsensical filing systems to accomplish any gains. These problems could be remedied, however no-one seems to actively pursue this task and new employees are thrown into a sea of disaster to sink or swim.

The frustrations for an employee only become an exacerbation to managements own awareness of the problems and they become condescending and defensive.

It is a nightmare trying to accomplish a job at this company and the culture here is self-righteous and closed off to new employees.

Their website boasts of an environment of understanding, training and collaboration with a tag line
  more... of "Great Hearts, Great Minds"; yet people are treated as dispensable and not given the chance to learn and grow. I found very few "great hearts or minds' in this tense situation. It is not a "Great Place to Work" and anyone would be hard-pressed to put up with the phony fa├žade.  less
Pros
Decent Salaries and Benefits
Cons
No breaks, no training, unreasonable expectations
Great environment for those really trying to make a difference
Sr. Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falls ChurchJuly 2, 2015
One thing I've come to learn is that in order to succeed in any small business, you have to adapt "quickly", and sometimes "learn on the fly", which can give you a great opportunity to show your value. This is a company that does its best to reward its high performers, and goes to great lengths to provide the necessary resources, even though its not always easy for a smaller company. One of the other things that I tell people is that you must build not only relationships with your clients, but also build a strong internal network around you that can assist in your development, but also provide additional opportunities for you. Think of it as adding tools to your tool belt. If you are used to sitting around and waiting for questions or tasks to be thrown your way, you will find it difficult to succeed here. Also, people need to recognize that there is an expectation of them to perform at the specific level they came in at, and not doing that will make it difficult for you to survive, not just here, but anywhere. I also have seen some negative feedback regarding the company and its culture. All people should know that small business are going to change slightly as they continue to grow, and those that don't get left behind in today's market.
Pros
Flexibility, summertime family event, and other work related social events
Cons
Pace and hours during the times when things are at their peak, dealing with the slow moving government
Fun place to work and people are fantastic
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church VANovember 30, 2012
This company is basically a consulting firm. I was given the opportunity to work on a team which established and accommondated the client in acquisitions and contracting writing. It also was instramental in developing and administering training programs for federal agencies. I liked every task which I was assigned and even traveled out of the country to accomplish and complete training assignments. I work with as an integral part of various teams to accomplish completions of mission assignments. The most difficult part of this assignment - for me - was working from home. The most enjoyable part of the job was teaching and meeting new people and experiencing different cultures.
Pros
cohesive working environment
Cons
not enough work to maintain long term employment
One of the best; people are their most important concern.
Senior Consultant (Level III) (Current Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJuly 17, 2012
I have been with Suntiva for a little over two years and am not disappointment. I truly believe in Suntiva's Great Hearts Great Minds because they find the good people and develop them to become the very best. This is a true example that can be verified. On March 31, 2010, I went through a very difficult surgery; 6 hours in the operating room and then 10 days of hospitalization followed by 30 days of recuperation. The company for whom I was working at the time did not once send flowers, call me, or call my wife to check on me or on her. Suntiva whom I had interviewed with a month earlier called my wife to check on me and to see how she was doing. A fruit basket was sent to my apartment. I had yet to even begin working with Suntiva and would not do so for another 30 days.
Pros
regular contact; occasional lunch meeting.
Cons
none that i can think of
Worst company that I ever worked for....
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Falls Church VAAugust 14, 2012
Suntiva is a very insular company. I found most of the people to have a superiority complex. Although they say that their people are first, they have no problem letting them go after a contract is not won and/or completed. I found this company to be the worst company that I have ever worked for in my life and I have been working for over 12 years.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Learning environment
Operated as an a Payroll Submittal Clerk (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJanuary 22, 2014
Working for a government contract. Have to be there on time half hour lunches
Pros
all holidays off
Cons
not permnament job