SunTrust Banks, Inc.

SunTrust Banks, Inc. Employer Reviews

Great company, great people
Mortgage Loan Specialist - Client Services (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: i really liked working there!
Cons: laid off
Awesome company to work for! Management/Co-workers were great
I have no complaints. They were good to me the entire time I was there.
Apply at your own risk!
Customer Service Manager & CSS (Former Employee), ChesapeakeFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: a paycheck if you had all of your referrals! you will get fired if you do not get them.
Cons: referrals, bugging people to open accounts, pay is horrible.
All they care about is the sales goals and how many referrals they get. They say they are looking for the best for the client, it's not true. You have to call and bug people to apply for loans or open accounts that are not needed.

Manager sucks, she is only worried about herself and doesn't matter how well you do it is never good enough.
Good company to work with
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bal Harbor Beach, FLFebruary 11, 2014
Meeting with different kind of people and learn lot of new things.
Uninspiring
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Knoxville, TNFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: bank hours
Cons: uninspiring work
Maybe it's my direct management or maybe my branch. But this is the most boring unproductive job I have ever had. If you aspire to trudge your way through corporate life and slowly work your way up, then come aboard.

However, if you have goals I would reccommend staying away completely or, if you must, doing the 'ole bank hopping routine to advance – more... faster.

Benefits are average but beware of the recruiters. Mine lied to me about the branch's ability to make goals, thus making my bonuses sound higher. I hear that is common, so make sure you are able to earn what you're worth by the salary they offer. – less
Privately/Closely Held Business
Closely Held Business Administrator II (Current Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 10, 2014
The uniqueness of the Privately Held Investment department is that it is a niche area in Private Wealth Management. There are no two assets under management that are the same. The aspect that’s enjoyable the most is that it is not a mundane position, change is always prevalent. Management pushes you so that you produce your best work (making strong – more... recommendations, completing asset reviews, completing pricing for the closely held asset, etc.). The take away is, in order to make a solid recommendation to the fiduciary committees, you begin to predict and answer the questions that may be asked while defending your recommendation proposal. You get an in-depth knowledge of how a business should be ran and view their strengths, weakness, opportunities, and possible threats that pertains to that privately held business. – less
Enjoy selling products to clients
Loan Officer (Current Employee), Tallahassee, FLFebruary 10, 2014
I love sales and have been the mortgage industry for almost 20 yrs but want a new challenge in a different industry . I look forward to that challenge and being able to bring my extensive sales experience along with superior customer service to my new employer.
fun meeting new people
Assistant Team Lead (Current Employee), Augusta, GAFebruary 10, 2014
servicing clients
enjoy talking to clients and meeting their financial needs
Honestly... Only focused on goals not clients
Teller (Current Employee), VAFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: good manager if your lucky
Cons: benefits and department, help department, pay, teammate assistance
I understand the banks purpose is to make money but the way of doing so is so ridiculous. You have outrageous goals and attend these training classes forcing you to always make a sale to a client. It is very contradictive in the fact that the focus should not be about sales but if you don't achieve the numbers your constantly reminded you can be replaced. – more... Your job is dangled in front of you on a daily basis and its unfair. Its not a fun or nice place to work and if your branch is not among your higher ups favorites you will definitely feel the wrath of being an "underachiever". If you want to worry about job security this is the place. Almost every branch is cut throat to only make a sale. – less
I have nothing good to say about Suntrust
Client Service Specialist/CSS (Former Employee), Roxboro, NCFebruary 8, 2014
Cons: very poor management
I have nothing good to say about Suntrust. Very poor management that stays outside the company more than she stays inside and trys to help people versus,doing services behind their back, opening accts & sending applications thru for CC when they clearly tell her no, they are not interested. I have seen and met with several families while working with – more... this company. Manager there currently is very unprofessional!!!! – less
It was a good place to work.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore MDFebruary 5, 2014
I learned alot working at Suntrust Bank. It could have been a good career. I had good benefits. The customers was loyal. The managment was even good. The only problem I had with Suntrust is that they wanted to talk every one into a loan when don't need it. I know its the person deceision but the bank doesn't always tell them what's going to happen when – more... you miss one payment. Also, I would really feel responable if I was the one who talk them into the loan and then they are out of a house or car. – less
Professional work environment with relaxed culture
Senior Credit Risk Manager, Vice President (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 5, 2014
Coaching
Branch Manager/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 4, 2014
I really enjoyed coaching my employees to success, learning new product.
productive, great employees and clients
teller 2 (Former Employee), charleston, wvFebruary 3, 2014
the best part of the job is assisting client in there everyday life, very nice an jovial co-workers, hardworking and strive to reach goals. great manager, she teach you everything, nice to get along with. hardest day at work is not having anything to do, like wait time before we encounter a customer.
NA
Lead Business Analyst/ Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
i work with multiple groups. The hardest part of the job is to keep up with the organizational change in Process guidlines and qorganzational structure.
Great Organization
Branch Manager, Vice President (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: career advancement
Cons: exceeding sales goals more important than the employees and customers
Leading edge marketing and training. Support team is exceptional. Advancement opportunities were unlimited. Wonderful benefits. Great incentive programs.
very productive
Credit Disputes Reporting Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2014
great company to work for. work very hard and stay productive
Improving Culture but not compensation
Contractor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: team environment, good management
Cons: pay scale, training
The culture and track for advancement seems to be improving. Technology and process efficiency needs improvement. Pay is lower than the industry standards. If you want to advance you can do it here.
overall good experience, coworkers were the best I've worked with
Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: company views employees as easily replaceable
great coworkers, constantly changing upper management created sense of uncertainty
Teller (Former Employee), Bethesda, MDJanuary 30, 2014
Working a SunTrust Bank was a great learning experience. It offers room for growth and one have to be very detail oriented and customer friendly. The hardest part of the day I would say is at the end of the day when you are balancing your cash drawer and making sure you didn't make any mistake.
Productive and fun work place
OUTBOUND SALES REPRESENTITVE (Current Employee), SunTrust Banks Inc.January 30, 2014
Wonderful company to work for, if you have a flexible schedule. From my experience, management is wonderful and always willing to help you achieve your goals.

About SunTrust Banks, Inc.

Coca-Cola, fast cars, and SunTrust Banks -- this Sun Belt company is southern to its core. Its flagship SunTrust Bank subsidiary – Read more

SunTrust Banks, Inc. Photos