SunTrust

1.4K reviews

SunTrust Employee Reviews

stressful
closer (Former Employee), glen allen vaJuly 31, 2015
worked in retail very stressful loan officers were bullies management will lie to you and say anything to make things sound good the closer role is the most important lowest paid and treated with lowest respect people their look out for their friends or whoever kisses managements rear most loans were rushes and did not have proper documents to complete packages very unorganized and cliquish on the cd department the management was very micromanaged and not able to assist with any questions
productive and helpful workplace
Teller (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 30, 2015
responsible for cash handling, customer services. the company is a very fun place to work. Helpful staff members. Got a chance to learn many informative things.
Great Job
Accounting Processor 4 (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 29, 2015
The management team was great, A wonderful company to work for and grow with. The Best thing about the company they hire within first given you a chance to advance to the next level.
SunTrust Bank
Sales Team Leader, Supervisor-Instrumental (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Customers, Training and Incentives
Cons: None
Great place to work, started there when I was home from college as a teller floater, returned years later as a CSR and Supervisor. Great place for growth within the company.
Fast pace, productive, great workers
Senior Financial Service Rep/Loan Officer (Former Employee), Palm Bay, FLJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free lunch from
Cons: when you relocate
This company was a good company to work for. We had great staff in our office. Every employee were team players and the management are easy going. The business partners are great to work with.
Rewarding, structured environment.
Financial Service Representative IIII (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Building relationships with clients.
Cons: Selling products not trained on.
Structured hourly position with benefits. Loved my customers!!! They loved me back! Miss the customers that I would bring over from competitors. Hardest part was the annuity sales part of job. Not educated on annuities so felt very uncomfortable in talking about them. Still have long standing relationships from x customers.Love banking.
Job
MERS Sr. QA Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 28, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is being around my co-workers, I feel that we have created a strong relationship within my group of peers.
Great girls i sat with
Client First Solutions (supervisor) (Former Employee), Cookeville TnJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Loved the direct people i worked with
Cons: Goals are set to high to accomplish
I would come in daily get on the phone. I learned different ways to talk to people. My last manager is amazing. My co-workers were great help. Hardest spot is telling people no when you i wanted to help.
Call center for bank
Business Banking Representative (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: breaks
• Managed high call volume with tact and professionalism from business clients averaging 800 calls monthly.
• Assisted with loan, credit/debit card transactions, verifying payment dates and amounts due.
• Explained, offered, products or services such as credit cards, checking/savings accounts, loans using computer systems.
Poor Place
Banking Center Manager Level (Former Employee), Naples, FLJuly 28, 2015
SunTrust offers little if no advancement and any position you are advanced to, SunTrust gives you a whopping 3% raise.. You have to leave and come back to get the pay you deserve for the position..
Working with customers
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Crystal River, FLJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Working with customers, everyday was different
Cons: management
Learned something new everyday. Getting to know customers. Loved working drive thru. Excellent hours. Get 30 min lunch and 3
15 min breaks.
Great company to work for.
Financial Service Representative III (Current Employee), Poinciana, FLJuly 26, 2015
Great upper management and co-workers. co-workers are team players. However, I needed a more work and personal life balance. Sales goals are not that hard to meet.
I loved the banking industry.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore MDJuly 20, 2015
Pros: great opportunity to advance
Cons: Pay
Started out as a PT Teller, worked up to FT Teller to Head Teller and then ended my career in banking as Assistant Manager; this was a great place to work and advance in your career.

I opened and closed the branch on a daily basis, settled the vault every night, received and sent out money shipments. Settled the ATM on a daily basis, opened and closed accounts. Helped clients settle their check books, recommend accounts for them, processed loan applications.

The only part that I didn't care for in the banking industry were the monthly sales goals we needed to meet. I always met them, however I am not a sales person, I would offer new products but if someone wasn't interested then I would let it go and not push them,
Instore Branch Jobs are not the best
Financial Service Advisor (Current Employee), Crofton, MDJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great company
Cons: some 12 hour days, a lot of unwanted competitions between team mates, management shows favoritism
I currently Work as a Financial service Rep. Our Branch is located in a Safeway grocery store and we have to sell products and services to the clients in the aisle while they are shopping, perform regular teller duties and also handle mortgages, loans, credit card applications as well as maintain customers personal and business accounts.
its ok
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2015
its just a bank nothing extraordinary but not horrible. Benefits could be a little better along with the incentive. They truly care about clients
Teller Coordinator
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLJuly 16, 2015
Pros: 401K and health benefits, flexible schedule, team environment
Cons: At time there was a skeleton crew which created a lot of overtime hours.
As a Teller Coordinator with SunTrust Bank I was responsible for four employees. I maintained weekly scheduling, interviews, hiring and firing. I met daily and weekly sales quotas by upselling and cross selling company products and services. Reconciled teller drawers and branch cash orders. Processed currency transaction reports, change orders, night deposit bags, foreign currency exchange, safe deposit box and loan payments. I provided customer service assistance with balance detail and other inquiries.
I learned many tasks while working at SunTrust Bank. Most of my career skills I learned there. Most important I learned how to multi-task and manage employees.
Management and co-workers all worked together to achieve branch monthly and yearly sales quotas. Everyone worked as a team and would lend a helping hand where needed.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers and having the ability to calm them down and assist with their needs.
The most enjoyable part of the job was always having a set schedule and not working weekends.
Disconnect between upper and management who actualy have employee contact.
Loan Service Rep (Current Employee), Nashville, TNJuly 16, 2015
Pros: None that I've seen
Cons: Micro mangement, unprofessional management
Not truly concerned with customer service , only bottom line. Treats employees as disposible assets. 32 years in the banking industry with this being the worst.
Suntrust Bank
Teller (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 13, 2015
I enjoyed working with this company. Still would be working if I did not have had the medical problems that came about during my work days with SunTrust.
Day life
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Titusville, FLJuly 12, 2015
Pros: Salary
Cons: Selling
Numerous selling in the store at Walmart. Lots of cash handling and customer service. • Opened and counseled customers with cost savings and financial fiscal benefits with their savings, checking, I.R.A. accounts and other banking products at SunTrust. • Opened and counseled customers with cost savings and financial fiscal benefits with their savings, checking, I.R.A. accounts and other banking products at SunTrust
micro manage
Senior Underwriter (Current Employee), Rockville, MDJuly 10, 2015
Pros: base pay, benefits
Cons: micro manage, rarely take fault in their own errors
alot of employee harrassment, micro management is severe. Depending on depart you work in bosses rarely have you back even when following their orders.
Industry