SunTrust
1,210 reviews

SunTrust Employer Reviews

The Day in the In Store Banking
Acting Branch Manager/Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Dacula, GAJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: branch in a grocery store. get traffic
Cons: open seven days a week. a lot of all days at work
This branch that I worked at was in a grocery store. I was the Assistant Branch Manager and the Acting Branch Manager. Since I was doing both jobs I managed to come in early and get both jobs of paperwork done before the arrived and we opened the branch. When the team arrived, they would do all of there opening functions. We always made time for a morning huddle to talk things out and to see where things had gone wrong. If the team did not make there daily goals, the difference were added to that days goal. There were days that I work all day, because business problems and trying to get customer problem resolved quickly. My team at this branch most new employees and they had to be trained, which was part of my position as Branch Manager. We made our bank product goals most of the time. Our deposit dollars goal and loan goal was made some months. The economy was changing and was hard to get the big dollars in and big loans.
PROFESIONALISM
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee), Potomac, MDJanuary 26, 2015
THE WORK SITE SHOWED ME ALOT ABOUT BEING VERY PROFESIONAL AND STAYING FOCUSED BECAUSE OF THE TYPE OF INDUSTRY WE DEAL WITH AS FAR AS PEOPLES MONEY YOU ALWAYS HAD TO STAY FOCUS AT THE BANK
Suntrust is a good company to work for we actually play bingo while we are working
Home Preservation Client Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: pot lucks birthday anniversary celebrations
Cons: i have to push myself to take breaks sometimes, i get so involved sometimes the time goes by
I work in Home Preservation Client Services Department, I speak with Sun trust clients/customers requesting retention or liquidations with their home. Explaining to clients/customers the process in place to assist them if we are able to.
I have learned people of all walks of life sometimes might need temporary assistance.
The Management Team is awesome down to earth very laid back and fun.
We are a team of 12 associates helping and assisting each other.
The hardest part of my job is to advise client/customer they have not been approved for loan mod and they have to look into liquidation options giving their home up short sale or deed in lieu foreclosure.
of course, to advise client/customer they have been approved for a mod they will be able to stay in their home or they have been accepted for Short Sale option as well their choice, reasons job relocation, death in family etc
not enough opportunity for advancement
Part Time Teller (Current Employee), chattanooga, tnJanuary 23, 2015
not enough opportunity for part time to advance to full time teller
they took thier job seriously
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee), jordanJanuary 23, 2015
HSBC provide a great training to their employees in order to be successful at their jobs, great company to work with they set their standers really high
Operations Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 22, 2015
Very professional place and environment friendly.
Bad place for parking.
Very flexible and family friendly.
sales
Teller (Former Employee), manassas, vaJanuary 22, 2015
hardest part of the job was sales but it taught one to go outside of their comfort zone. Management was average and wanted to help us succeed. Not really any room to advance.
RUN, RUN, OMG RUN!
Personal Banker (Former Employee), OrlandoJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: hours are nice.
Cons: stressful, low pay & poor management.
I worked for this company for almost five years. I have been in banking for almost 20 years. Suntrust talks about customer focus and team work when really all they care about is SALES! Upper management only cares about the numbers and does not care how you get them as long as you get them. This is a very stressful work place and no room for skill based advancement ( all about who you know)! They have people in management positions that should not even be trusted to manage a check book. There Security/Fraud Rep who covers the Orlando/Lake County markets is just clueless!
Great learning expierience
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Cocoa, FLJanuary 21, 2015
I was a bank teller, I performed typical bank transactions. I also had to upsell bank products. I learned a lot about banking. Management was less than to be desired. It was a very easy job and I picked it up very quick. Interacting with the clientele was the best part of the job. Unfortunately my job at the bank was during the crash in the economy and my position was cut.
Productivity
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: bonus for reaching goals.
Cons: the more you do the higher is the expectation.
The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing the smile on the customers face by meeting their needs. It is rewarding to see the customer happy as well as reaching the goals for the company.
Productive and very fast paced learning environment
QUALITY VALIDATION ANALYST (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: cafeteria in the building
Cons: temporary assignment
Every day was a learning experience with SunTrust. The coworkers were friendly and very helpful. Each day you worked from a weekly pipeline to perform quality validation on the loans processed by the claims team. The hardest part about the job was not knowing if and when the assignment would end. The most enjoyable part of the job was the endless opportunities for growth within the company.
first job in Florida
Teller / ATM Teller (Former Employee), Bonita Springs, FLJanuary 18, 2015
Loved my first manager , he was great . learned a lot about banking had a great ABM who taught us (all) a lot of banking rulers & policys
A Long Term Career with A growing company that cares about the employees and clients. Offers good job and life balance with great benefits
MANAGER (Former Employee), Cox CreekJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: client relationships
Cons: no support or training
A typical day at work was going in and holding morning meetings and motivating my team. Then I would hold meetings with my Personal Bankers. Daily one on ones and coaching the team. Outbound calling, Management, building client relationships, had to multi task in an extreme stressful environment. Management was very challenging and my favorite part was coaching and teaching. The hardest part of my job is I did not get the support I needed to succeed from the company and we were short handed.
Ok
Teller 1 (Former Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 17, 2015
Learned a lot from the company but its only a college working job. co-workers and manager were cool but the upper management was horrible. I would only recommend for a short period of time to get a pay check
Professional and fun
Teller 2 (Current Employee), Bonita SpringsJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: benefits, great hours, holidays off
Cons: short lunch
This is a great company to work for if you have strong customer service and money handling skills. Me being new to banking, there was a lot of information to take in but it doesn't take long to grasp it at all. And clients can can give you a hard time at first but you have to learn not to take it personally. Many just don't like change.
Don't waste your time .. poor management/no job security!
Teller (Former Employee), Easley SCJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: seriously can't think of any!
Cons: micro-manages teammates, area managers and regional operation managers try to intimidate teammates, no job security.
I was an employee of SunTrust for over five years and I never felt appreciated. I always met and/or exceeded the goals that were set for me, but that was never enough. Suntrust wants clients to believe that they care about helping them meet their financial needs, but they constantly push products. There isn't any job security either. Too much drama to suit me!
Highly Professional atmosphere
Credit Services Specialist III (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 16, 2015
SunTrust provides continuous education programs. They really want their employees to succeed.
Enjoyed dealing with the customers
Financial Specialist (Former Employee), Salem, VAJanuary 15, 2015
Frontline operations of a bank. Worked at a kiosk in Kroger.Opened checking, savings and money market accounts. Processed loan applications, assisted customers in balancing their checkbooks
Great place to work to gain job experience
Accounts Payable Specialist/Corporate Officer (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: match 401k, classes offered to earn bachelor's in banking
Cons: every area does not operate the same; too much is based on supervisor discretion.
Great company to work for that is big on diversity and on volunteering to give back to the community. Support to help employees in achieving career goals and financial well-being.
A job
TELLER (Current Employee), Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 14, 2015
Being someone who has experience working in a credit union the transition to a bank is a big one. They are more goal/ referral centered. Not every client is in need of the products offered. The work environment is intense and somewhat stressful. Very busy branch with very entitled clients.

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more