SunTrust

1.5K reviews

SunTrust Employee Reviews

exciting work place. Good people
Property Preservation Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: flexible time
Cons: I have only been there a couple years and have had 3 managers
When work is slow in one department , they find every areas of business to try to keep you employed. Currently they are about the numbers ,this maybe expected because they are a big company. From a scale of 1 to 10 and 10 being a great company to work for I give them a 7. Every work place is not perfect and I see they are working to make it better for the employees.
Company needs to work on consistency
FULL-TIME TELLER (Current Employee), Ocala, FLAugust 30, 2015
I did enjoy working with the people within the company however i did not like how inconsistent the branches were. I started at one branch and when i was transferred to another branch then I was completely lost because their procedures were different.
Great
Underwriter Assistant II (Former Employee), orlando, floridaAugust 29, 2015
Great place to work.Loved working here. Reviewed files for accuracy. Provided with excellent training and great co-workers and supportive management.
Productive work environment
Customer Service Rep/ Teller (Former Employee), Oxon Hill, MDAugust 29, 2015
Great opportunities for advancement within the company. Helps you to develop great customer and social skills. Great co-workers that are willing to step in help. Helps you learn more about finances.
Non Supportive Management
Senior Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 27, 2015
I did not agree with management. Unprofessional, and non responsive. The Loan officers were rude, and their new processing system was rolled out with many flaws.
Personal Banker IV (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 26, 2015
Supports women in leadership. A good starter career but main offices are South. Hours and days are never consistent to ever have two days off of work in a row..
I enjoyed my work with Suntrust
Teller Coordinator / Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 25, 2015
I waited on customers at the teller line and in the lobby. I had sales goals and was given very good direction from my direct manager on ways to meet my required goals. The team worked well together
Provides and Excellent Work/Life Balance
Branch Manager- Assistant vice president (Current Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
Sun trust is a good place to work for and provides an excellent work balance along with a Life balance for its employees. There is always room for growth.
High paced work environment.
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Nashville, TNAugust 24, 2015
Pros: pay, location, benefits
I love the fast pace of the job. I love the benefits and hours of operation. In the future it would be good to have a break in 9 hour work days.
your co-workers
commercial loan servicier (Current Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Great Company
Cons: Have to work all holidays
I really enjoy the people that i work with. I have learned alot from them, I have been here for a while and just ready to learn something new and something different. But I will truly miss the people that I work with.
review
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDAugust 20, 2015
the bank is for special people. suntrust is not a bad company it just wasn't for me . its for people who can sell things and get accounts
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 18, 2015
A typical workday, is working with clients either looking for a refinance or looking into a robust investment portfolio and who are looking for a new purchase, get their business needs done and grow future business
Fun productive
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 17, 2015
Pros: good benefits, career advancement
Cons: micromanaging
All about the numbers and pay is not competitive. Caring co workers.
Decent work hours and good training. My manager was excellent but left the company due to the many changes and short staff situation.
Company Overview
Campus Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Very great team and strong manager
Cons: contractor, very dispensible
Good and upcoming company. If only they will stop thinking like a big NY firm because they do not like to spend money on needed items.
Enjoyed the job and was well respected
Account Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Good management, well respected and trusted
Cons: No problems
Enjoyed the fast pace of the job and the challenges, Arrived early and stayed late to get the job done. My team was terrific and we all worked together to accomplish our goal of customer satisfaction
Good bank, overall. Stifling Portfolio Mgt Group in Private Wealth.
Credit Portfolio Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, flexible work schedules, decent working environment overall.
Cons: Poor job stability in most credit-centric areas due to off-shoring and continued centralization.
Bank has good benefits and quickly improving technology. Not much of a future in Credit unless located in Richmond or Orlando, where the centralized lending units are. Even still, much of the functions in those locations are be sent off-shore.
Grate Place to Work -Good Work Life Balance
IT Project Manager (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Easy to get to
Cons: Below market rate compensation, lack of career real prospect
SunTrust is a grate company to work for, excellent works life balance
SunTrust is currently undergoing a massive transformation. Many cost-cutting initiatives to improve their expense balance sheet. IT outsourcing to large vendors such as IBM and Infosys.
PRODUCTIVE
Officer and Real Estate Recovery Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 14, 2015
good place to work for, no career advancement, benfits ok, good with time off request. great coworkers, quality review not reviewed well
Too uptight
QA Tester / Mortgage Auditor (Former Employee), Richmond VA (Semmes Ave)August 13, 2015
Pros: great dinners, free lunches, coffee
Cons: Horrible Commute, parking, and office was extremely uptight
Workplace was extremely quiet and very uptight. I was a contractor for a government agency. That was also their style of work office environment.
Worst Company I have ever worked for.
Credit Card Account Specialist (Former Employee), Atlanta GAAugust 12, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Very poor management
Poor management. High turnover. No opportunity for advancement. No set policies. Everything is managers discretion. Very political. You can tell who will get the next position before it is even posted. No continuous training. Unrealistic sales goals, so much so that they offer double points to help meet the goals that are still unattainable.
Industry