SunTrust
1,285 reviews

SunTrust Employer Reviews

Love the Culture!
Operation Coordinator I (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Alternative Work Weeks
Cons: Internet/Technology Policy
The organization embraces the differences in cultures and staff however the internet policy is really strict but the alternative work schedules are great and pretty popular at the company.
Very political
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Teach yourself software
Cons: Political
I found SunTrust to be a very political company with opportunity for those who excel at networking and office politics. Also, very southern, conservative mindset at least in my immediate management.

Work life balance is respected for the most part. Lots of opportunity to teach yourself software such as SAS or SQL if you're in the right department. But don't expect any mentoring, coaching or development.

Convenient location
Employee focus and purpose driven company
Area Manager (Current Employee), VAMarch 23, 2015
The company continues to work to improve client's experience. Senior leadership is very visible and actively looks for feedback from teammates.
Human Resource buisness enviroment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
What Ive learned at Suntrust was to be very attentive to detail. Listen to direction and and be able to change direction in a moments notice.
Nice working environment
Financial Services Representative III (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 21, 2015
Very nice place to work but sometimes have unrealistic sales and referral goals. However, the referral incentives make up for some of this cons.
horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNMarch 20, 2015
Liars.. tell you it is customer service then it turns out to be high pressure and sales. always threatening you with your job if you don't sell.
Great work place
Teller (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: company offers great benefits healthcare
Cons: hard to get full time
Typical day at work will be taking in transactions that can include from simple deposits and withdrawals to more complex transactions such as savings bonds, foreign currency and foreign drafts. I enjoy conversing with the clients and offer them products that will help fit their banking needs. I enjoy working with my coworkers we make a great team.
Worked with a great group of co-workers, enjoyed spending time together on and off the job.
CA-7 Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: some work from home days, team meetings
Cons: all not receiving the same training and relying on trained co-workers to teach what they learned, instead of getting the training from the source.
My typical day was to monitor CA7 for scheduled batch jobs, set up jobs to run through CA7, convert UNIX jobs that were manually run, but run through CA7. Set up and delete CA7 access for users. The hardest part of the job was to be professional as you trained your replacement, knowing you were losing your job, and they always requested that I trained them. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers, we were a small group and learned to work together very well, bounced problems and ideas off each other.
Fun environment
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: big bank, great staff, excellent trainers
Cons: n/a
The staff was amazing and very knowledgeable. The environment was conducive to learning and there were great teachers.
Productive Environment
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2015
Professional environment. Better management skills. Great employees and work was very confusing at times due to management and employee being on the wrong page
Hard work due to small staff. Low pay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MarylandMarch 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers and giving great customer service. Banking is a high sales environment, and one must be aggressive in talking to every customer to unveil additional needs and opportunities that the bank can assist.
SunTrust
Vault Teller/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, NCMarch 13, 2015
The hardest part is that the job was knowing my name represented. What I learned is that benefits and pay was not worth sacrificing self respect.
Do not let this detour you from applying, this was my opinion based off the moral ground I stand on. I am just not the type of person to persuade someone they want things that they don't need. It was important to me that people know the choices they have and to take time to think about what they are most comfortable with.
Good company to work for.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Atlanta GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no
Suntrust Bank is a good company to work for. I learned a lot about the banking industry working here. I would recommmend working at Suntrust Bank.
Great place of employment
Accounts Receivable / Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2015
I love getting up each day and being there at work. Suntrust know how to treat their employees right. Great place to work. I love my position as Accounts Receivable / Payable and Customer Contact controller. Benefits were great, I just hated that they had to move to Virginia Area
good place to work
WORKFLOW COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: holidays
Cons: had to submit your vacation the first of the year.
Started out working 2nd shift as a balancer, the move to 3rd shift a work flow coordinator. Left because the department I working in was leaving for another city.
Challenging and fulfilling work place
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Bartow, FLMarch 11, 2015
Struggling to change to culture, SunTrust is moving in the right direction.

Management training has improve but the goals do not align with the community that vary great in the central Florida area.
Productive and enjoyed my customers.
Teller (Former Employee), Glen Burnie, MDMarch 10, 2015
I enjoyed talking to my customers. The hardest thing I had was being pushed to make sales and referrals. My coworkers were great to work with, but management from the hierarchy was unrealistic.
new but solid
Teller/Customer Service (Current Employee), Glen Burnie, MaryalndMarch 10, 2015
this job wasn't easy to get since I have no banking experience but they liked my determination and my customer service skills. I was actually offered this job because they liked the way at Little Caesars
It is what you make it
Sales Manager (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNMarch 9, 2015
Pros: team environment, teammate engagement and feedback, incentive plan for sales teammates
Cons: highly regulated financial industry proves challenging at times
There are challenges to working in a call center environment. SunTrust Management does a lot to help the teammates have fun and enjoy coming to work. There are regular activities including site wide potlucks and charity events with United Way to help everyone get involved and give back to the community.
terrible place to work
Commercial Banking Specialist (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAMarch 8, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
1 word.....unorganized, the left didn't know what the right was doing, no training
benefits were horrible and management in incompetent

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more

SunTrust Salaries