1,317 reviews

SunTrust United States Employee Reviews

SunTrust
Loss Mitigation Fulfillment Specialist II (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Competitive Pay
Cons: Limited opportunities to advance if you do not have resume experience in that area
A typical day at work would mean lots for reports to create, work and distribute to the team, management, and myself. Researching process related questions from clients sent to me via email from my manager, HPCR representatives, or staff. Assisting my teammates if my work volume is low. Management is always open to suggestions which is good. I enjoy the classes that we are able to take on Learning Portal. Classes cover almost all lines of business which is great because you can get Free training information.
Role Play Haven
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Brevard CountyApril 19, 2015
Pros: Branch Team
Cons: Micromanagement and Poor Incentive Compensation
I've worked for a few large banks and overall I enjoyed the day to day work at SunTrust, and especially my team at the branch. However, their systems are extremely antiquated and their reporting system is subpar. Don't count on getting the proper compensation when it comes to incentive. The internal glitches in their reporting are ineffective and it never works in the employee's favor. They will find a way to get out of paying you what is owed. I wasn't a fan of having my district manager, regional manager, and branch manager do an hour long observation on me during outbound cold calling. As a top performer within the company, I felt this was unnecessary. Isn't just the branch manager enough to give you feed back? If you love to role play daily, then SunTrust is for you!
Teller III (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 18, 2015
Pros: Hours of operation
Cons: The training is 3 days and if you have never been in banking before 3 days is not enough.
Great place to work but you have to be a fast learner and you must be able to pick up untold things very fast. The training is 3 days and if you have never been in banking before 3 days is not enough. Not to mention they expect you to know everything even though you were not taught. Also sales is a huge priority
Productive and a hard place to get close loans
Senior Mortgage Processor (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2015
The hardest part of this job was to get the loans closed. Underwriters were under so much stress to make sure the loans were closed correctly that they had to review the loans before the loans closed
wonderful company
Teller 2 (Former Employee), clarkesville, gaApril 17, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: location
I loved working with this company as a first time teller. They took time to train me and help me understand the basics of being a teller. Super friendly staff!
SunTrust
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hickory, NCApril 16, 2015
Assist Clients in their everyday needs. I have learned the business side of banking. The hardest part of my job is not being able to assist clients in their everyday needs.
Stressfree Environment
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 16, 2015
A typical day of work consists of waiting on clients and meeting sales and service goals. SunTrust provides you with opportunity to learn how to make better business decisions. Co-workers are like any job, you win some, you lose some.
Productive financial institution
Teller-Level (Former Employee), Annapolis, MDApril 15, 2015
Good company. Enjoyed assisting customers with their finances everyday and seeing frequent customers regularly made the day enjoyable.
Banking interest
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2015
I learned how to account for real estate sales for a large banking system. How to research real estate matters when an issue would arise when accounting on the sale of property.
Banking Industry-Up sale services
Financial Service Rep 2 (Former Employee), Hermitage, TNApril 13, 2015
Pros: helping others, always learning something new
Cons: short breaks
Accuracy on cash drawer, providing excellent customer service, taking care of expressed customer needs, uncovering customer needs by asking a variety of questions, marketing and collections.
Very Professional work place
Unscaled Security Officer (Former Employee), Miami, FLApril 10, 2015
guided all traffic and assisted all customers/employees with the proper information. Very good company to work for and, up scaled.
So-So
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee), Nashville, TNApril 10, 2015
I was disappointed with this companies environment. Lots of drama and not enough advancements for career growth. The mortgage is amazing, but the employees within themselves do not get a long well.
Great Banking Experience
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Richmond Va. Churchill areaApril 10, 2015
Pros: Working with the various types of people from all walks of life.
Cons: Selling products to those who could not afford them in an effort to maintain selling goals.
A typical day at work as the assistant manager was to secure the branch at all times, welcome customers and assure the customers had the best customer experience possible. I learn alot about human nature and how commercial banking works. SunTrust management demands customer excellence which aligns with my personal core values. My co-workers were great people who cared about people. The hardest part of my job was to sale products to a community that I personally knew could not afford it in an effort to keep revenue up in the branch. The most enjoyable part of my job was to help the customers get the best value out of the products we were providing for them.
na
Licensed Personal Banker (Former Employee), north carolinaApril 7, 2015
I didn't choose to work for this company long. It was very disorganized and appeeared to be having problems with lack of staffing.
American bank holding company with primary business including deposit, credit, trust and investments.
ETL Informatica Developer (Current Employee), shamburg,ILApril 7, 2015
Learned about different type of mapping and used to import the data from source to target from different data bases.
Good working experience with power center and Sql/ Plsql.
too much stress for one person
Teller I (Former Employee), Williamsburg, VAApril 6, 2015
SunTrust itself seemed like a great company to work for but their management skills were not up to par. All the branches I have associated with always had employees not pulling their weight so it would fall on everyone elses shoulders.
Relaxed and professional atmosphere
Mortgage Compliance RESPA Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAApril 6, 2015
When I contracted at Sun Trust I enjoyed my employment there. The position I was in was very professional and relaxed type of atmosphere.
Great team work is always performed.
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Miami, FLApril 5, 2015
Pros: Hours
My job title requires me to go back and forth between the teller line and the platform area. It involves me to balance both areas correctly, efficiently and in a timely manner. We each play an important role at the bank where it leads us to be a better team player. The most important part of the job is to make sure we understand the clients financial well-being and to help them with results. Overall, the company is a great place to work for but to advance in my career I have to proceed.
Culture focused around work/life balance
Branch Manager 4/Assistant Vice President (Current Employee), Palm Coast, FLApril 2, 2015
Pros: One team, positive messaging
Cons: Outdated technology
I have worked for other organizations that did not value your life outside of work. I can honestly say that SunTrust cares about its employees and their home life/work balance.
Banking
Personal Banker/Assistant Manager/Officer (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VAApril 1, 2015
SunTrust has an amazing training program, from entry level to senior executives. SunTrust does promote from within giving teammates the opportunity to grow

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more

SunTrust Salaries