SunTrust
1,069 reviews

SunTrust Employer Reviews

Productive workplace with cubicles
Retail Credit Risk Management Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2014
Desk job. A lot of different projects to work on, meetings with different departments, do not get bored.
Great opportunitty to learn. Great co workers and supervisors.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no cons
It was a great opportunity to learn more about the bank industry and the customer service in a financial institution. inbound call experience.
Easy going
Teller 3 (Former Employee), Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2014
The hardest part of the job was the times of day that the bank wasn't busy. It was slow.
Dynamic and progressive atmosphere
Home Client Preservation Rep (Current Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 14, 2014
Cons: communication between departments
SunTrust can be a rewarding place to work. They pay the median when it comes to salaries compared to other organizations. SunTrust does provide decent benefits and does show commitment to its employees. My own gripe about SunTrust, particularly the department that I worked in, is that it was very "reactionary" instead of "proactive". There were several – more... customer service related issues which escalated due to the Management not truly taking input from the employees. Also, the former manager of the department where I worked, was very superficial, rude and an ego-maniac. If we had better leadership, our department would have had better results. But she was later demoted. – less
Very busy branch but great job.
Teller (Former Employee), Morrow, GASeptember 13, 2014
Company rewards hard work. Great hours and benefits. Good chances for advancement. Staff works together and gets along.
great opportunities for promotion
Assistance Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: leaving co workers due to promotions
Suntrust Bank is a great family oriented bank. Great career opportunities..The most enjoyable part of the job was, helping each other with our goals and the customer service was great.
Job Security - no room for advancement
Default Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VASeptember 11, 2014
working here for almost 12 years and there was never much room for advancement to increase/improve my knowledge and skills.
a great first job
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Macon, GASeptember 10, 2014
A day at work consisted of counting the till at the beginning of each shift, performing transactions for customers to purchase groceries, and counting my till at the end of each shift.
Company is trying to ruin itself
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Elizabeth City, NCSeptember 10, 2014
It became increasingly difficult to get loans approved and closed. Last minute issues that should have been resolved early on were not addressed to the last minute.
I loved this company, best by far
Financial Service Representative III (Former Employee), la plata MDSeptember 9, 2014
Providing superior client service through listening to clients, anticipating their needs, and recommending the proper financial services. Opening new accounts and referring clients to specialized bankers such as Business Bankers, Mortgage Originators as well as the Financial Advisor to ensure the needs of the clients are met. Educating clients on the – more... automated service options available including ATM's, Internet Banking, and mobile banking. Supporting the goals of the branch through effective teamwork. Daily assisting with routine Teller transactions, assisting newer teammates with basic transactions, and assisting the Branch Manager and Assistant Branch Manager with assigned tasks. Handling large sums of cash, ordering bank supplies ordering cash amounts for the branch, handling the branches cash vault as well as my own and maintaining the look of branch from the client’s view. I was in charge of staying up to date about new products and training to gain better knowledge of products, services, and other lines of business to further our clients in their banking needs and distributing the information to my other teammates. – less
Better conditions than average for the state
Fraud Prevention and Claims Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2014
Pros: structured, expectations clear
Cons: n/a
This is one of the largest employers in the area for Central Florida along with the theme parks. For the most part they retain employees for long terms.
Better conditions than average for the state
Pros: structured, expectations clear
Cons: n/a
Brief overview
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNSeptember 5, 2014
Adhere to a schedule most of the day spent on the phone. My co-workers are awesome. They are sending alot of the jobs to Manilla. Hardest part are dealing with the rude clients
Enjoyable
Mortgage Underwriter III (Former Employee), OrlandoSeptember 5, 2014
Enjoyable work environment and QC that makes sense. Guidelines easily searchable.
Stable company that offers great benefits
Senior Bank Fraud Rep (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Great company to work for that offers great and cmpetitve benefits.
Motivating and Fun
Teller Coordinator / Personal Banker (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDSeptember 2, 2014
great place to work. Great motivation from managers and co workers
Family type environment .
Asst. VP (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: great work environment.
Cons: sometimes had 2 work 7 days per week due to increased volume and less eployees.
Workplace with rewards for hard work! Management freely included communication with subordinates and considered new and innovative ideas for business improvement and feasibility.
Great Place to Work years ago
Personal Banker (Former Employee), FloridaAugust 28, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: management
Company has lost its individuality and what made it a great place to work and bank
Good place to work.
Mortgage Underwriter Technical Expert (Former Employee), Richmond, VAAugust 28, 2014
Very positive work experience.. teamwork.. management open to suggestions.
Banking job is not as easy as it seems
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDAugust 28, 2014
Cons: long hours, stress
I was a teller supervisor at SunTrust bank, I did the schedule for the work place, assigned tasks for them, training and coaching for all tellers. I had great customer service skills.
Most hardest job at the bank was bank robbery.
Enjoyable part of my job was helping customers and see them satisfy with the service I provided

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more