SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 1,598 reviews matching the search
Good place to Work
Systems Procedure Analyst (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 11, 2016
Caring People who work hard at improving processes for the betterment of the company. A really good place to work. My direct manager is excellent to work for and with.
Productive place to work
Client Service Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Albemarle, NCFebruary 9, 2016
Opportunity for advancement and extremely knowledgeable staff. Overall it is a great place to work. My experience has been a great one with the company.
Productive workplace
Senior Mortgage Processor (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 9, 2016
A typical day what I learned is management with the right leaders you can be very good at what you do........................ The wrong managers can be a downfall
Great Place
Teller (Former Employee) –  Temple Terrace, FLFebruary 8, 2016
Suntrust got me started in my career in banking. they were always supportive of my initiatives and helped me to better myself by learning new things everyday.
Exceed expectations
Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 8, 2016
SunTrust Bank is a great Comp.. Great benefits providers, opportunities to grow within the company. You can expect a career that offers you the opportunities to expend your skill set and achieve your goals, Along the way, Sun Trust supports you by providing world -class benefits that meet your needs and exceed expectations
Pros
Great rewards
Cons
Can be hard to get a job at Suntrust
Employee worth is dependent on individual employee sales
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCFebruary 7, 2016
Branches are constantly understaffed; Employees overworked and underpaid (re:non-exempt retail branch employees). Very common for SunTrust to hire a part-time employee (20 hrs/wk for SunTrust benefit purposes) and then part-time employee is scheduled 25-35 hrs/wk.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Branches are constantly understaffed; Employees overworked and underpaid
Great Work Environment
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAFebruary 5, 2016
Over all it was a great work environment with a great staff / management. A typical day would consist of waiting on clients, processing transaction behind the teller line or assisting them at the desk. The sales goals for SunTrust are very high and demanding . In order to do well in this job you must be comfortable talking to clients in depth about there finances. As a client Service Specialist you spend a majority of your time making phone calls to set appointments to make your goals. There is a lot of coaching a training involved in the role, but if you do not make your goals each month you get bad performance review and your job could be in jeopardy.
Pros
Great Employee, Benefits, All holidays off
Cons
High Sales Goal, Heavy Outbound " Cold Calling "
Great work/life balance. Friendly people. Strange career trajectory.
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 4, 2016
Hours at the commercial bank are very reasonable. Most people are out by 5pm. Management cares about your development but they may set out a path for you that might not have chosen for yourself. Groups are very friendly. Everyone is out to help each other. Pleasant environment. Pay is adequate but not great.
Great place
Fashion Consultant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 4, 2016
This place may not have paid a ton, but they gave me the opportunity to experience a different environment and excel in such. I was able to style many celebrities just at the location that I worked at and the people who I worked with will forever be imprinted in my heart.
Pros
Fun Vibrant
Cons
Customers not friendly all the time
Good Employer
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Towson, MDFebruary 4, 2016
Overall the work experience was favorable. Although there were several reorganizations internally due to several new managers of the company, the success continued.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
disorganized
New nice and clean
Teller I & II (Former Employee) –  Oviedo, FLFebruary 3, 2016
Handled TA money, refilled ATM, opened accounts, closed account, front office greeter, top ten sales person in the Orlando area. I loved working there but my oldest son's father died suddenly in a motorcycle accident. Felt it was best to stay at home for a while. They really missed me and still do money was not all that great for the hours though. So I went to medical school.
Pros
Nice people nice place
Cons
Did not really care for working on Saturday's.
Interesting Day
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 2, 2016
It's cliché to say that everyone's work day is different, yet true; for some a work day is mostly hard, difficult, frustrating and for others it's exciting, fun...etc. My days at work are mostly interesting and enlightening and sometimes frustrating and disappointing. My days are interesting because of all the different experiences they bring either with colleagues or clients, there is so much opportunity to learn. My experiences and background has taught me to value and embrace difference and that has proven very valuable in time of miscommunication and disagreement. I learn to be more patient in different ways with colleagues, client and myself on a regular basis. I get quite disappointed and frustrated, as a client services representative, when for reasons out of my control I am unable to deliver for my clients, and also sometimes when the job get really tough, just because it's that kind of day. My days are quite enjoyable when I know that I am a big factor to the smile my clients walk out with on their faces, and I model all the behaviors of a great teammate and contributor.
Great opportunities
Employee (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 30, 2016
Working at the branch level, I love working one on one with the clients. I really enjoy what I do. SunTrust has extensive online training and research materials. There are plenty of opportunities to move ahead.
Pros
Tuition Reimbursement, Extensive Online Tools, Quarterly Bonuses
Cons
Low salary
Teller coordinator/Personal banker
Personal Banker/Teller coordinator (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCJanuary 29, 2016
Been with the company almost 10 yrs. Loved my job until 2012, when they restructured everything and lost teammate appreciation and started focusing only on numbers.
I no longer enjoy working for this company and I am looking for other employment opportunities
Basic teller duties filling in vacancies as needed
Teller (floater) (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJanuary 28, 2016
Good working conditions and decent hours. Management was tricky to deal with sometimes. Most head tellers were glad to get my help, but some of the managers expected too much.
Pros
consistent job expectations
Cons
can be pulled from one location to another at a moment's notice, base pay with no benefits
Constantly busy
Administrator/Workflow Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Supervised State of Florida SS department consisting of 20 employees.
Composed job procedures for 8-10 job functions.
Constantly training employees on updated policies and procedures.
Reconcile fees and analysis for SunTrust attorney accounts.
Assisted other bank locations and/or departments with issues and worked towards a satisfactory resolution.
Pros
Office building had a cafeteria which made getting lunch easier and convenient for all employees.
Cons
Our department downsized and moved to Georgia.
Productive and fun place to work
Custodian Final Document Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 26, 2016
Great job, but not to much stability with the company due to the annual layoffs theres no room to grow within the company I disagree with the layoffs especially if your a great worker who does overtime and volunteer work a lot.
Pros
great supervisors and company picnics
Cons
annual layoffs and no room to grow with the company
Fun place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2016
I have to admit I enjoy working for Suntrust if you have passion and GRIT than you would love working for this company. Fun place to work.
Work Environment
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 24, 2016
Haven't been staffed properly since I began my employment. As business increases, staffing decreases.
Most management in positions for promotions only, not in a position to lead teams to sucess.
Pros
WORK HOURS
Cons
WORK ENVIRONMENT
Okay job just to pay bills; no advancement
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAJanuary 23, 2016
The branch I worked at was the worse one to be at. Manager micromanaged too much, assistant manager always talking about personal issues. In fact if I recall the branch manager was suppose to be having fat surgery during a particular month where no one could request off. This woman was such a narcissist it was ridiculous. The assistant manager was no better.

Didn't matter how good of a worker I was, they only saw the flaws. As a company SunTrust was okay to work for besides the high turnover rate. Not only that but each year it was harder to get a bonus with so many changes going on; it felt like the company didn't want to give them out. Mind you working as a teller really didn't pay well for all the work you need to do. Overall, this job was a learning experience and I THANK GOD I have a found a better job I can turn into a career.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Dealing with an annoying, fat, manager and her lackey