SunTrust
1,261 reviews

SunTrust Employer Reviews

challenging and educational
Mortgage Default Specialist II (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 3, 2015
a typical day at Suntrust was busy yet challenging.. I enjoyed what I did. I learned how to prioritize and be organized. For 15.5 years management was awesome. working with my co workers was great. we called ourselves teammates and we were like family. The hardest part of the job was adapting to changes everyday. the most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the my teammates.
Professional workplace
Senior Solutions Architect (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2015
Very professional work place but subtle. A perfect combination between work and life balance.

I loved my engagement working at SunTrust Bank.
It felt very secure working for a reputable bank.
New Accounts and Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 2, 2015
Pros: once a month we had pot lucks and team building events
I started working in Customer service and after a few years I moved to new accounts. After all of these years I still keep in contact with some of my co workers.
Loved working there
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Indian Trail, NCMarch 1, 2015
Pros: loved the people and thw workplace
Cons: nothing really
I loved working here, it was my first real teller job, I learned a lot about banking and financial procedures and laws. Had to sell but my job did not hang in the balance if you missed your goal on selling products.
a typical day at work
Underwriter Coordinator / QA (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 28, 2015
I appreciated the opportunity I got working with this company but I did not approve of alot of decisions upper management was taking specially when our department closed down because of the bad decisions being made, also there was alot of favoritism amongst employers from certain managers.
Typical Call Center
Account Solutions Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free-ish employee accounts, benefits
Cons: breaks/lunches might need be skipped if a call goes long.
The typical workday involved taking call after call. The system prompts the worker when it's time for break, lunch, meetings, etc. One of the more obnoxious aspects of the job was dealing with the truly irate, belligerent customers who refuse to be happy had a LOT of control over the phone rep's paycheck. There was also a point when the focus shifted from helping customers to nickel-and-diming them with words that sounded like they were solutions when they were really setups for long term problems that would eventually make the bank more money.
Great company!
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee), Boca Raton, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: training is very good. stability in job
Cons: salary is not great
Family culture! Loved working for them! I learned a lot and had an amazing boss who cared about her team. Even upper management was very friendly and they had great incentives
Developed Test Planes and worked alongside co-workers and management to get tasks done efficiently and swiftly..
QA Tester (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 25, 2015
 Developed Test Plans.
 Reviewed the requirement document and wrote detailed Test Cases by referring requirement documents, High level design document and User interface specification.
 Reviewed the Test Cases that are developed by the peers, attended the Test Case review meetings and with BA and fellow testers and updated the Test Cases as per the review comments.
 Prepared the Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) based on the requirements
 Extensively participated in performing Functional Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing
 Performed the Backend testing executing SQL Queries
 User defined functions were written according to the functionality of the application
 Documented the defect with enough details like reproducible steps, data used for testing, expected result, actual result, severity, screenshot, detailed description etc. in Quality Center Tool.
 Participated in weekly scrum meetings with Developers, Business Analysts and fellow testers to discuss about defects and project status.
Excellent workplace
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 24, 2015
Great coworkers, schedule is pretty decent, plenty of advancement opportunities, hardest part of the job is meeting your goals but they are pretty attainable.
would not recommend the job to others
Underwriter (Former Employee), Chancellor Drive, Orando FloridaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: co-workers are friendly
Cons: no backing by upper management as they will say what is needed for their advancement
micro management and inability to empower the employee. Favorites re common with little regard to policy or the feeling of the other employees creating back stabbing
I enjoyed working at SunTrust Bank
Information Systems Security Manager (Former Employee), MarylandFebruary 23, 2015
Nice place to work. I was involved in and managed a lot of projects and I managed about 10 staff in my team. This was also another fast-paced working environment, and I enjoyed every bit of it. I had the opportunity to lead several successful projects.
Suntrust provided great job training.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: hours of operation was a plus.
Cons: compensation was not the greatest
Providing great customer service for customers and internal departments. Learned the value of being of providing great service to our customers. Suntrust rewarded it employees if deparment goals were met. When providing service to a customer it was somewhat difficult cross selling other products.
Fast pace environment
Teller 2 (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: client relationship, growth within the company
Cons: management, co workers, bank constantly transferring and firing
A typical work day varied from busy to not so busy , sometimes leaving co workers A LOT of time to not focus on the job

I learned a lot about monetary transaction , how to identify fraudulent cash and checks. Learning to handle stressful situations and clients, and helping them and educating them about the importance of over drafting and banking needs.

Management was not at all favorable. There were certain branches that had excellent managers, but the one I worked at was very selfish and did not put the bank first

My co workers showed favoritism amongst each other which created a very awkward work environment

The hardest part of my job was learning to accept that you will make mistakes and there will be times you do always meet your monthly goal , which can be very discouraging. Learning to overcome that was a challenge but not obtainable

The most enjoyable part was getting to know the clients and the various banking transaction they would do on a daily basis. Helping people and knowing you left a good taste in there mouth when it came to banking.
Opportunity to Advance within
Merchant Teller (Former Employee), Decatur, GAFebruary 22, 2015
Processed several transactions with speed and accuracy. Management does not have your back with termination decisions.
NEVER enough employees
Teller/personal banker (Former Employee), ChattanoogaFebruary 21, 2015
Cons: expect you to pick up the slack. dont do it
They cut enployees and expect those left to pick up the slack. Stressful. Not worth the stress. Not worth the pay. Chattanooga market
Daily Duties
Branch Manager (Current Employee), Harrisonburg, VaFebruary 20, 2015
Administrative Activities
A bank manager is a supervisory position. Each day, it is my job to ensure the efficient operation of my branch in all areas, from operations to product sales to customer service. Each bank has an overall strategic plan, and it is my daily job to make sure that my branch operates within that plan, and adheres to my bank's mandated policies and procedures. I oversee the day-to-day work of personnel -- including the assistant branch manager, customer-service specialists and representatives and receptionists -- and facilitating communication between departments and providing regular reports to my higher-ups.

Community Relations
On certain days, my job as a branch manager will call for me to participate in community projects. I help bolster community relations and increase your branch's visibility by investing in special projects, such as historic restorations or eco-friendly retrofitting. Likewise, I am required to make outside sales or customer service calls to major clients.

Other Activities
Although it may not happen every day, some days include team exercises such as motivational workshops or employee feedback sessions. In addition to motivating them, I am sometimes tasked with training or coaching personnel. On occasion, my day as a bank manager may involve taking on the duties of the operations officer, in the case of the officer's absence. Security and safety duties also fall to me, so I supervise the opening and closing of the bank's vault each day, and oversee the security of sensitive paperwork.

Goals
MY daily work as bank branch manager is – more... to ultimately serves the overall goals of the branch. It is my responsibility as a branch manager to meet or exceed the bank's desired sales results and grow the customer base. I am also held accountable for the branch's productivity, deposit growth, customer retention and customer cross sell. Ultimately, my performance as a branch manager will be gauged by the strength of my branch's deposit and loan business -- including new referrals and the retention of existing accounts -- as well as the quality of my customer relations. – less
Telecommuting was a great experience
STOLI Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Durham, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: working from home, i saved on time, gas, and money.
Cons: time constraints on assisting clients
I worked as a telecommuter for the Customer Care Department.
My day was spent taking calls and assisting clients with questions and/or probelms about their accounts with SunTrust Bank. I was part of a team, that was managed by a supervisor. My teammates were there to give feedback and give out encouragement to do my job effectively. The hardest part of the job was sometimes trying to fix or pick up to resolve an issue that another representative or department had been involved with. But sometimes it turned out better, when I was able to help or get the client to the right department to help.
I liked being able to help people with whatever their situations may have been.
It is a good Company
Branch Employee (Current Employee), Panama City Area, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: great work life balance, decent pay, good clients.
Cons: branch managers not building effective teams and loosing good talent.
As with many places, the Branch Managers want a free lunch. The upper levels however, really understand how to make a business work. They genuinely care about the people. It is the branch mangers who need a tighter reign.
I love it
Customer Service/Sales (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2015
Excellent place to work!! The people were awesome and the management was always there with an open door and willing to hear you out.
good workplace
Teller (Current Employee), Hampton, VAFebruary 17, 2015
Helping client cashing checks, making deposit, and making recommendations. Also make sure client are taking advantage of all production that is offer with company.

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more

SunTrust Salaries