SunTrust Employee Reviews in United States

Found 2,035 reviews matching the search
Great co-workers and moral environment
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 26, 2016
Great co-workers and excellent moral environment but senior management and job duties/responsibilities are constantly changing without hands on training or much communication and also having outdated computer systems not in keeping with the industry. Unwillingly to compensate at market place standards. Great colleagues and supportive environment.
Pros
401K match, incentive and commission program
Cons
clocking out for restroom breaks, hard to comprehend and decipher monthly scorecards
Teller (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 24, 2016
Poorly managed, not staffed well, and unsatisfactory place to work, not good communication, needs more prompt leadership, people were good to work with but it contained a lot of drama as well
Pros
Good coworkers
Cons
Poor work environment
SunTrust Bank
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Johnson City, TNAugust 23, 2016
I absolutely love working for SunTrust Bank. Senior leadership is amazing.In the past three years, I have been promoted three different times. The only reason I would leave would be for more money.
Productivity goals.
Collection Specialist 2, Client Services (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 23, 2016
I enjoyed working my daily tasks.
I learned about different computer systems and new tasks.
I was happy working with Management and co-workers.
I was proud to work for SunTrust Bank .
unfair treatment by branch manager
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 23, 2016
Top- performing professional with over 10 years progressive experience in banking and finance, seeking to take next career step in banking as a branch manager. Expertise in managing personal, corporate, and small business accounts, and building long-term relationships with customers. Accomplished in selling banking solutions to drive sales and revenue by delivering unparalleled value and outstanding service.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Nice
Workday HCM Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 23, 2016
It was really nice working there
people there are very friendly
I learned a lot while working there
Co-Workers are pretty freindly
I enjoy each and every moment
Management is very good
There was no typical day at work
Extremely bureaucratic, old-fashioned, executive-focused
VP (Former Employee) –  AtlantaAugust 23, 2016
Lots of meetings and reviews. Everyone has their nose to the grindstone. Nice people but very tense, anxious environment. No communications from managers. Difficult to ascertain expectations.
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Poor communications
Productive and fun awesome place to work
Mortgage Shipping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 22, 2016
Typical work day was very challenging and I've learned that resolving escalated client concerns, acted as a liaison for intermediate/advanced customer service matters.
Developed and implemented several customer service systems, including customer rebate program and dispute resolution system.
Supervised and trained new employees.
excellent profession
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 22, 2016
great co workers plus great management, excellent customer service helping customer to strive financially. great opportunities of growth within the company.
Pros
paid vacations
Great potential environment
Personal Banker IV (Current Employee) –  MarylandAugust 20, 2016
Sales, Customer Services, Career Development. Great Benefits Good Co workers, very helpful. Pleased Clients. Ability to grow with a reputable company.
Benefits
Great Comany
RELATIONSHIP BANKER 3 (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDAugust 19, 2016
Great Company to work at. A lot of great benefits. However, working in sales at suntrust can be difficult because they are more of a private bank compared to large banks so its a little challenging to get approval for consumer products.
Productive, relaxed and fun place to work
Customer Service - Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 19, 2016
The workplace was very, relaxed and home like. Clients knew us by names and vice versa, sometimes it was hard with irate clients but I learned how to use positive tones in negative situations, and we had the excellent clients as well which always made my days.
Great co-workers
Mortgage Analyst (Former Employee) –  1001 semmes road. Richmond, VirginiaAugust 16, 2016
The environment was very uncertain due to layoffs. People were laid-off frequently. The threat of downsizing was a tool that was used effectively.
Pros
The building was nice and enormous with available parking
Cons
Low pay, and threat of being laid-off.
Think twice before working at Suntrust
Multiple branch positions (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2016
Suntrust does not treat front-line employees well. It has very high turnover and poor job stability. Suntrust creates a very taxing work environment by, among other things, being so understaffed that employees don't get to take lunch breaks or bathroom breaks. Retail schedules often require 6 -day work weeks (in order to cover Saturdays), leaving only 1 day to spend with family and run errands.. Part time employees are required to show up for a meeting in the morning, wait 4 hours, come back and then start a shift. Long-time employees are let go at a whim. And employees often have to work miles from home, even when a branch is located around the corner from where they live. Suntrust is a wasteful and inefficient company that does not care for, nor show loyalty to its employees. Long-time retail employees are fired if they don't meet unrealistic sales goals.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
High turn-over, poor loyalty to employees, poor morale, roach infested
Good place to work.
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLAugust 14, 2016
When I worked there I was a peak time teller so I worked the busiest hours of the day but we had a great branch manager/head teller that made the job easier.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
Not typical bank hours sometime not out until 8pm
Stressful environment with good benefits, recognition and good training.
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 13, 2016
CONS-Goals are set extremely high and impossible to attain. Every year these goals are raised and management holds everyone responsible for them, regardless of the situation.

PROS-There is very good training available if needed by any teammate.
Excellent and hard working teammates are recognized for their efforts.
Benefits are excellent.
Pros
Recognition, good benefits and training
Cons
Sales goals set too high
OnUp Movement
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 13, 2016
Great purpose! Solid company. Always finding a new way to promote financial confidence. Looking to move national by incorporating lending online.
benefits
Cons
internal career advancement
Overall good work environment
Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 12, 2016
Suntrust is a good place to work. I learned new skills since I gained employment here. Typical day was logging into my computer and reviewing documents.
I wish there was more room for advancement
Teller (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 12, 2016
I had hopes of advancement when I first started. After seeing numerous coworkers post for positions that they never were able to transfer into I decided that I wanted to look elsewhere.
SUNTrust
Team Lead Accountant II, Officer (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 11, 2016
Working for SunTrust was not the best experience for me. During my 9 years of service there was limited learning and limited growth. This is not a company I would like to work for again in the near future.
Pros
PTO
Cons
Management, Limited growth opportunities