SunTrust
1,176 reviews

SunTrust Employer Reviews

suntrust review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 24, 2014
overall SunTrust is a great company to work for. They have great benefits, awesome management, and a lot of areas for growth and prospect.
Great work experience
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNDecember 24, 2014
Pros: free banking
Cons: some favortism
SunTrust Bank was a wonderful place to work that always valued teamwork. The upbeat environment always motivated me to do my best. Along with management, co-workers were always willing to help each other with questions.
Good Pay, Stressful work
Bank Teller (Former Employee), TNDecember 23, 2014
Pros: pay, networking
Cons: 3 weekends a month, favortism
A typical work day included processing transactions for clients which was easy however, you are to get referrals all the time which to me is like "Selling," and I hate "sales." The turnover for a teller is high and that's probably because of the referrals and they have been known to get rid of some people if they aren't meeting their numbers. Benefits,okay.
good place to work and they value their employees (top management)
Teller (Former Employee), Montclair, VADecember 22, 2014
Pros: good benefits
basic teller duties. Sales is the in thing here aren't all banks heading that direction. The take care of their employees which is a plus.
Good
Client Service Manager (Former Employee), Manassas, VADecember 21, 2014
First thing in the morning to ensure that the branch is ready to open for the day, which means there is adequate cash for each of the tellers and automated teller machines.
I have to ensure the branch is adequately staffed and meeting customers’ needs.
I must make sure that the tellers and officers are performing their jobs optimally, while balancing – more... out continued product training, absences, and the ebb and flow of customer traffic within the safe branch environment.
I update employees throughout the day about the results for the day goal
I have bubble time where I make calls to new customers welcoming them and existing customers to make sure they are happy with our services and expand our relationship with them by offering new products to fit any need they have.

On the operation side I must ensure cash must be tallied to ensure that there are no discrepancies within the tellers’ rolls, with the cash forwarded to the bank’s vaults if necessary. All checks must be bundled and sent for processing within regional check processing centers or clearing houses, in order to debit the accounts on which they are drawn.
When all records have been matched up, I as a manger must secure the facility to ensure account safety – both physical and electronic – while the branch is closed.

On the business development side three days per week I plan to go out visiting businesses in the area and build rapport with them in order to attract more business and expand our business services to them.

Keen to attend community and networking events – less
Great client company focused
branch Manager Vice President (Current Employee), Savannah, GADecember 21, 2014
Pros: client focused
Cons: may or may not produce the solution that drives the goal
Great client focused company. It is about the client need and not about the "selling" of a product or a solution.
At SunTrust it is truly about helping clients financially.
Great company for advancement.
SunTrust is a growing company
Client Service Specialist 2 (Current Employee), Wesley Chapel, FLDecember 17, 2014
The best part is knowing that you have helped someone light the way to financial well being. Knowing that you have helped the client save money with consolidating or saving on interest they are paying or even putting more time back into their personal lifes.
Executive / Upper Management Supportive
Client Service Manager II (Former Employee), MarylandDecember 16, 2014
The typical day is fast paced and exciting. I learned that outstanding client service is key to the success of the business. Also, that work-life balance is challenging in any line of business that is opened 6 day a week to meet the demands of their client base. But, at the end of the day developing relationships with clients makes for an enjoyable – more... day at work. – less
If you want to feel like you're working at a corporate fast food place.
Senior Mortgage Processor (Current Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 15, 2014
Cons: unprofessional
One of the worst job I've worked. The mortgage loan officers bully people. The managers are scared to speak to mortgage loan officers. There are all kinds of unprofessional talks throughout the day. Racial slurs were used.
Not quite what I'd expected...
Program Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 13, 2014
Pros: flexible work
Cons: lack of empowerment, management, too many meetings, weak infrastructure, benefits
The corporate culture was not what I'd expected from a company that focuses so heavily on their clients' financial well-being.
Current location is great. Co-working easy to get along with and creative.
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 12, 2014
Pros: good location
Cons: expensive health care. department is looking for a different location.
No problems with co-workers or management.
Company does not offer much in the form of raises.
Always learning and willing to do so.
Cross training is encouraged but the distance makes it difficult.
This office environment is great for hard work and enjoyable at the same time.
Good atmosphere
Customer Service Reprenative (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNDecember 12, 2014
Pros: benefits and pay
Cons: unstable job security
Good atmosphere, very hard to advance and job security is uncertain with centers going to foreign countries.
SunTrust Bank
Officer; Contract Coordinator (Current Employee), BaltimoreDecember 11, 2014
Pros: tuition reimbursement
Cons: technology
Working at SunTrust out of college was an experience. It afforded me the opportunity to learn and grow both personally and professionally. Additionally, the company has a good tuition reimbursement policy that enabled me to obtain my masters degree part-time while working full-time.
Ok place to work.
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLDecember 11, 2014
Its a job. It was very stressful and turnover was really high. Co-workers were very helpful
Not to bad
Personal Banker (Current Employee), atlantaDecember 10, 2014
Corporate side is ideal, Retail not so much. Goals are constantly increasing and so is turnover.
Productive Fun Workplace
Credit Analyst, Correspondent Purchase Division (Current Employee), Irvine, CADecember 10, 2014
Enjoy the work and the people. The environment makes the days go faster and the production increase.
Customer service and sales
Personal Banker IV (Current Employee), Sarasota, FLDecember 9, 2014
My favorite part of my job is helping people to meet their financial goals. It is my job to provide excellent customer service and to deepen relationships with my customers through additional sales.
Great company to grow in
TELLER I (Former Employee), Albany, GADecember 9, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: difficult for advancement
Came in contact with customers on daily basis. I was surrounded with professionals and respectful peers.
Great job for starting out.
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee), Auburndale, FLDecember 8, 2014
Great job for starting out decent pay and time off is a bonus because banks are closed for holidays.Coworkers are enjoyable and management seems self centered. Company as a whole lost sight of the client perspective making it harder to provide great customer service.
Productive and dynamcic workplace
Teller Lead and bank operations manager (Current Employee), Jonesville, FLDecember 7, 2014
Cons: healthcare is not great
Excellent co workers.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the various people I meet and am able to help.

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more