SunTrust
1,289 reviews

SunTrust Employer Reviews

Workday Overview
MORTGAGE DEFAULT SPECIALIST (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: My schedule 7:00am-3:30pm and Bank Holidays
Since starting at SunTrust I have worn many hats which has allowed me to learn alot new things. I started in the Foreclosure department preparing Affidavits and consulting with attorneys. After that I moved over to the MERS department to assist them with their backlog. I started as a QC reviewer then advanced to team lead then to supervisor. We have coached a great team that worked diligently to help pull the department out of the red. The department now has a successful flow and meets all our SLA's. The hardest part of my job is working in a default department when the company no longer has a large default portfolio thanks in part to my teams hard work. But, this means less workload for the team which may in turn cause a reduce in work force. I am true believer that anyone can do anything if they have the right training and support. I came into SunTrust with no mortgage experience at all and within 3 years time I rose all the way to a supervisor.
Banking
Personal Banker IV (Current Employee), Leesburg, FLMarch 26, 2015
Great culture with room for growth. Employees are very friendly throughout the footprint and helpful. Goals can be unreasonable at times but the compensation is worth it.
Nice staff great customers Morristown
Personal Banker (Former Employee), Morristown, TNMarch 26, 2015
Pros: benefits, nice folks
Cons: allot of cold calling for credit cards which people don't like
Enjoyed the job very much and the staff co-workers were stellar. We hit our goals and were #1 in our region, but Suntrust elected to close 100 offices last year and mine was one of them. They did not retain any staff members and the office was closed 06/07/2014. The decision to close my office was made probably before I was even hired. They are trying to continue to be profitable in a difficult market.
Large corp atmosphere
Closing Administrator (Current Employee), Vienna, VAMarch 25, 2015
Large corp environment with alot of history. This works for some and not for others. Lots of policy changes and not as much communication.
Love the Culture!
Operation Coordinator I (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Alternative Work Weeks
Cons: Internet/Technology Policy
The organization embraces the differences in cultures and staff however the internet policy is really strict but the alternative work schedules are great and pretty popular at the company.
Very political
Senior Data Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 24, 2015
Pros: Teach yourself software
Cons: Political
I found SunTrust to be a very political company with opportunity for those who excel at networking and office politics. Also, very southern, conservative mindset at least in my immediate management.

Work life balance is respected for the most part. Lots of opportunity to teach yourself software such as SAS or SQL if you're in the right department. But don't expect any mentoring, coaching or development.

Convenient location
Employee focus and purpose driven company
Area Manager (Current Employee), VAMarch 23, 2015
The company continues to work to improve client's experience. Senior leadership is very visible and actively looks for feedback from teammates.
Human Resource buisness enviroment
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 23, 2015
What Ive learned at Suntrust was to be very attentive to detail. Listen to direction and and be able to change direction in a moments notice.
Nice working environment
Financial Services Representative III (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 21, 2015
Very nice place to work but sometimes have unrealistic sales and referral goals. However, the referral incentives make up for some of this cons.
horrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNMarch 20, 2015
Liars.. tell you it is customer service then it turns out to be high pressure and sales. always threatening you with your job if you don't sell.
Great work place
Teller (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMarch 20, 2015
Pros: company offers great benefits healthcare
Cons: hard to get full time
Typical day at work will be taking in transactions that can include from simple deposits and withdrawals to more complex transactions such as savings bonds, foreign currency and foreign drafts. I enjoy conversing with the clients and offer them products that will help fit their banking needs. I enjoy working with my coworkers we make a great team.
Worked with a great group of co-workers, enjoyed spending time together on and off the job.
CA-7 Scheduler (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: some work from home days, team meetings
Cons: all not receiving the same training and relying on trained co-workers to teach what they learned, instead of getting the training from the source.
My typical day was to monitor CA7 for scheduled batch jobs, set up jobs to run through CA7, convert UNIX jobs that were manually run, but run through CA7. Set up and delete CA7 access for users. The hardest part of the job was to be professional as you trained your replacement, knowing you were losing your job, and they always requested that I trained them. The most enjoyable part of my job were my co-workers, we were a small group and learned to work together very well, bounced problems and ideas off each other.
Fun environment
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Savannah, GAMarch 18, 2015
Pros: big bank, great staff, excellent trainers
Cons: n/a
The staff was amazing and very knowledgeable. The environment was conducive to learning and there were great teachers.
Productive Environment
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2015
Professional environment. Better management skills. Great employees and work was very confusing at times due to management and employee being on the wrong page
Hard work due to small staff. Low pay.
Sales Associate (Current Employee), MarylandMarch 15, 2015
The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the customers and giving great customer service. Banking is a high sales environment, and one must be aggressive in talking to every customer to unveil additional needs and opportunities that the bank can assist.
SunTrust
Vault Teller/Financial Service Representative (Former Employee), Monroe, NCMarch 13, 2015
The hardest part is that the job was knowing my name represented. What I learned is that benefits and pay was not worth sacrificing self respect.
Do not let this detour you from applying, this was my opinion based off the moral ground I stand on. I am just not the type of person to persuade someone they want things that they don't need. It was important to me that people know the choices they have and to take time to think about what they are most comfortable with.
Good company to work for.
Bank Teller (Former Employee), Atlanta GAMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: no
Suntrust Bank is a good company to work for. I learned a lot about the banking industry working here. I would recommmend working at Suntrust Bank.
Great place of employment
Accounts Receivable / Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 12, 2015
I love getting up each day and being there at work. Suntrust know how to treat their employees right. Great place to work. I love my position as Accounts Receivable / Payable and Customer Contact controller. Benefits were great, I just hated that they had to move to Virginia Area
good place to work
WORKFLOW COORDINATOR (Former Employee), Macon, GAMarch 11, 2015
Pros: holidays
Cons: had to submit your vacation the first of the year.
Started out working 2nd shift as a balancer, the move to 3rd shift a work flow coordinator. Left because the department I working in was leaving for another city.
Challenging and fulfilling work place
Personal Banker (Current Employee), Bartow, FLMarch 11, 2015
Struggling to change to culture, SunTrust is moving in the right direction.

Management training has improve but the goals do not align with the community that vary great in the central Florida area.

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more

SunTrust Salaries