SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 2,062 reviews matching the search
Do Not Work For Suntrust
Teller (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 24, 2016
The worst place to work for. Working Under a lot of pressure is not healthy. Suntrust do not care about their employees. They want you to meet crazy goals. Save your time and dont apply
Pros
Hours
Cons
Very nice and informative place to work
Workflow Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
Suntrust is a very nice place to work! I have over 16 years with this company, I was able to move up to learn different functions within Bank operation.
Great Culture
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2016
Great Culture. Great atmosphere. Energetic teammates. Willingness of management to help you out and lead the way. A typical day includes meetings, teammate engagement, learning, napping, sharing and caring.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Tellers
Review of my daily work
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Monrovia, MDSeptember 21, 2016
I help open each vault and the night drop once we first arrive into the building. Then I go to the computer that I am going to be on for the day and sign on. Once we open at 9am I start with calling clients in my referral cue. I talk to clients and see what accounts best fit each client.
Great place to work, so many perks!
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 21, 2016
I loved working for this company. My hours were flexible, my team was outstanding, my position was not stressful, and the company offer amazing benefits
Constant reorganizations
Enterprise Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 20, 2016
Very busy the people make the job enjoyable. The company tends to reorganize a lot which cause a lot of confusion for the teammates. Also, means a lot of review of previous work completed causing delays in work being completed timely.
Pros
The people
Cons
constant reorganziations
SunTrust has been great to my family and I
Division Manager (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 19, 2016
SunTrust has been a great place to work over the past 12+ years of my career. I'm simply keeping my options open for future career advancement and growth.
Banking
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2016
very good company to work for, people are friendly and nice at the same time. job security not so much, closer to downtown Atlanta, room to grow at this company
Liked and Enjoyed My Job, Less So For Group Vice President
Insurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 17, 2016
Working with Suntrust was an enjoyable experience. I learned flood determinations of mapped ins and mapped outs. I did data entry and research for this company. I did not have to worry about answering phone calls and make out outbound calls hardly.

This job would had been better if I had a better quality supervisor.
Rewarding projects with wonderful teams
Executive account representative merchant services (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLSeptember 15, 2016
I created marketing to land estimates. Sold projects created contracts. Hired sub contractors for specific projects worked with HR to maintain consistency.
My day would never be like the day before always a new role to play as a team player I enjoyed the variations.
Pros
loved my work, had control of my paycheck
Cons
on call 24/7
Please read this will save you time Stressful working environment
teller (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VASeptember 14, 2016
worked here for 2 years and trust me it has been worst experience of my life. Management was good. Co workers were totally annoying. Everything is about sales. You meet your goal and they'll always expect more from you. A very good working environment who can handle additional stress. I wasn't fired nor asked to resign. i resigned by my own will just because I was sick and tired of it. I mean tell where in the world would you find a place where you can take your vacation in a limited time. Once i asked for 2 days off and my manager tells me "according to HR you are allowed to have vacation only if you take 5 consecutive days". I busted my brains out for 2 years. And i was told that if i help them out they will promote me. But, no promotion was given. Actually they started giving me work that was not even my responsibility. Glad to make it out of here. I am not afraid to say all this. If anyone needs a clarification feel free to email me. rabbelv@gmail.com. Consider other option people. You dont wanna work for this corporate.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Corporate does not care about employees
Very fast pace
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 12, 2016
Typical day was nice...Had a great team in branch...Customers were great...Worked longer hours than stand alone branches...We were an in-store branch.
Pros
N/A
Cons
RETURNING TO WORK AFTER BEING ROBBED
Looking for a better employer who will mentor, recognize and reward
Mortgage Loan Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VA 23224September 7, 2016
Currently I am a senior employee making less than new hire. I just want to be with a company that value and recognize staff. I don't mind working for what is needed but i need an opportunity.
Pros
holiday off
Cons
mgmt
Nice ideas, bad practice
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Merritt Island, FLSeptember 7, 2016
Every branch, location, team, state has a drastically different approach but mostly they all just try to pass the problem along
Great place to start, but very hard to move up
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 6, 2016
Suntrust, is a smaller financial institution. They training is very minimal, and because of the size of the company. The ability to advance is very long journey. They provide outstanding customer service. Their offices are limited, but they're fees are reasonable.
Pros
Outstanding Customer Service
Cons
Small Company
SunTrust is a great place to work.
VICE PRESIDENT OF TREASURY & PAYMENT (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
SunTrust is a great place to work. It has been rated as one of the top Financial Institutions and I am proud to be a part of this organization.
Pros
Family oriented, excellent compensation
productive workplace
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 5, 2016
productive workplace. I've learned a lot from this company as for loans and basic bank functions. SunTrust is known for their great customer services.
Sales oriented workplace
Friendly senior customers
Lots of old money
Investment opportunities
Great environment to work
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Company has great benefits
Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Radford, VASeptember 1, 2016
I have learned a lot from my time and SunTrust and was able to build some wonderful relationships with clients and staff. Helping someone achieve greater financial confidence has been great. The part I enjoy most about my job is to have been able to truly help clients meet their goals.
Fun Workplace
Teller / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 1, 2016
A typical day at work will be interacting with clients, processing their transactions and recommending products and services based on their individual needs. The most enjoyable part of the job is building relationships with clients for lifetime.