SunTrust

SunTrust Employer Reviews

Good Company if you can get into a decent area
Technical Writer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 22, 2014
Some good and bad coworkers.
Management was not organized and did not communicate with each other especially pertaining to other areas
Not very much professionalism
Chicken Chucker for Perdue
ePhone Representative (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNJuly 18, 2014
At Perdue when I was at work it was very long work days. I was never guaranteed to get 40 hours a week. Management there really only wanted to promote their favorite workers and not the ones who could do the job properly. The shift I worked on got shut down and my co workers were able to choose a different department to go work in, but I was forced – more... to go to a different shift with no choice. My shift opened back up and I was then again forced to switch shifts for a second time. I rarely enjoyed my time working there. Throughout the day I would be constantly breathing in flour which made it very hard to breathe. I also would put more effort into my work than others and never got any recognition for the job I would do. – less
Great culture, just needs to be less political
Associate Vice President - Sr. Business Analyst (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: cross functional exposure, vast industry knowledge
Cons: very passive aggressive culture, segmented lines of business can be difficult to navigate
Great place to work but the culture needs to more flexible and welcoming to process changes/efficiencies.
A productive and enjoyable workplace
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 17, 2014
SunTrust Bank is an enjoyable workplace to work. Although, most of my banking career was with Credit Unions; I learned so much on the bank side ( with policies, procedures etc.) My experience was wonderful.
Safe and fun energetic atmosphere
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2014
Great place to work and friendly environment. Demanding environment and can be a little stressful.
Enjoyable office possition
Data Entry (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 16, 2014
Pros: advancement oppertunities, healthcare, good pay, cafeteria and fitness center on site
Cons: very little overtime available
Management was understanding and attempted to make the workplace enjoyable for everyone and the co-workers were polite and courteous. Almost every part of the job was the best part, I cant think of anything that I would consider to be the hardest part. This was a very enjoyable job.
team-spirit and thriving for success.
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: training, career advancement.
Cons: short break time (lunches)
Meeting with teammate to review individual and team goals and share new updates regarding processes and procedures and how it applies to not only individual task but to the team as a whole.

Great leadership from management and direct supervisor in making sure they transfer the knowledge by leading by example and coaching where necessary.

Teammates – more... are treated like family and this feeling extends towards our clients.

Personally, due to the difference between the East African and US banking industry,it has been a very interesting journey where I was learning processes and procedures as well as products and services as bank officer and client at the same time.

Satisfaction when we meet and exceed clients expectations. – less
n/a
BRANCH MANAGER IIII/ ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee), Vienna, VAJuly 16, 2014
i love helping client meet their financia goal
i have a great team and i enjoy coaching and build new team
Exciting place to work, comfortable atmosphere.
Mortgage Loan Specialist IV (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: laid back atmosphere
Cons: monetary compensation
Each day i get to work, and do some repetitive task, but i have the ability to change my routine during the day. I learned that being different is hard, in my opinion cultural differences can be exciting ,interesting, very insiteful but also suspicious acting and incosiderate of each other. The hardest part of my job is the knowledge that i do a lot – more... more than what i get paid for and feel very under appreciated at times. But the most enjoyable part is meeting new people everyday sometimes and learning new things about the job and other jobs in the industry. – less
Enjoy working at SunTrust
Consumer Banking Operations (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 15, 2014
Enjoy the people that work at SunTrust. I have had the opportunity to work on great projects that positively impacted the bank and there are a lot of opportunities to improve processes, procedures, and operations.
NA
Trustee Mgmnt Implementation Support Specialist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNJuly 14, 2014
Really have enjoyed working here. I am always learning new things. There just isn't any room for advancement and I really want to relocate to Nashville.
Great place
Operation Specialist (Former Employee), Stockbridge GAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: the flexibility
Cons: the pay
Suntrust is/was a great company to work for. The flexiblity they provide to you as an employee will keep you devoted to them. If you have children need to be away for a couple of hours there is always room to assist you with family needs. My co-workers are the best. We sometime have luncheons & play games. This keeps the morale up and wanting teammates – more... to come back to work. – less
Very Unprofessional
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, flJuly 14, 2014
It was very unprofessional, Management was no help and the people that worked for the company very loud and unprofessional
Goosd place to work
Loss Mitigation Loan Officer (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: sometimes short term goals and long term goals come in conflict
Decent benefits and clean orderly environment. Company is focused on beottom line so you do need to produce and stay focused on the bottom line and delicering customer satisfaction.
great working enviroment
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Silver Spring, MDJuly 14, 2014
Pros: working envoriment
Cons: compensation
Start everyday with a meeting/huddle to set the plan for the day and get commitments from the team. Assist customers with transactions and uncover financial needs through questioning strategy. conduct daily observations on team members and provide feedback and coaching to strengthen skills and change behaviors. Drive service and sales goals to ensure – more... branch is being consistent reaching goals on monthly bases. perform weekly outbound calls and set appointments to retain and grow existing relationships. Conduct daily operational reviews to ensure branch is in compliance with bank regulations.

This was a great place to work and I enjoyed working with the team and the support I got from upper management. I was not happy when they made changes to the compensation plan, which wasd the reason I left the company. – less
Productive, fun, challenging and rewarding environment.
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: meeting new people and enjoy working with my co workers.
Cons: short lunch breaks and persistant on sales.
* A typical day at work is meeting new clients.
* I enjoy learning new task (hands on).
* Management is great and vet consitant.
* My co workers are great and I enjoy working in a team environment.
* The hardest part about my job is when I do not meet my sales goal daily.
* The most enjoyable part about my job is working with my coworkers and meeting – more... new clients. – less
Great company
Personal Banker IV (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDJuly 13, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: lower level management
Suntrust as a whole is a very nice company to work for. There are numerous tools and resources to help you be productive.
Apartment management
Apartment Manager (Former Employee), Wildwood, FLJuly 13, 2014
Pros: health care
Cons: location
Leasing, Marketing Collecting rents, resident issues

I learned there are many different needs that people have and that as a manager we need to listen and be able to separate what we can help them with and which is not attainable as a manager.

The hardest part of this job was separating feeling from what is best for the company that you are employed.

The – more... most enjoyable part of the job was when a family moved into a home that , they could feel at home in and enjoy. – less
Great Stability
Construction Administrator (Former Employee), Lawrenceville, GAJuly 13, 2014
Pros: stability
Cons: poor salaries
Suntrust Mortgage is a great company to work for. My only concerned was the company promoted inviduals with no education verses individuals with education.
Fear driven environment
Banker (Former Employee), Durham, NCJuly 12, 2014
Pros: great teammates
Cons: inefficient systems, and fear based environment.
I come from a sale and customer service background of 20 years. I have worked in sales, management, and customer service and have seen over the years the end result of this kind of environment. The short term results are top ranking branches, managers, and district managers. The side results are high turnover, resentment, and fear instilled into employees. – more... Personally, I do well here, but I can see the overall affect on teammates. They act courteous, and respectful to the district manager in person, but when she leaves they talk behind her back, ridicule her, and totally disrespect her. Do I blame them...no. Everyday managers are required to call in the branches production. If one manager is off in his/her numbers, they are scolded like kids in front of all their peers. I am not in management but have enough experience to know what works and what does not. This district manager has had great results for a long time, but I promise you this will not last. Times are changing, business is changing. This will not suffice for long. The turnover is terrible here and the moral is declining. This is not rocket science. Treat your employees like kids..... keep your thumb over their heads watching everything they do..... act like you are above them... and they will despise you. I understand other banks operate like this, but I have worked for three banks... this has been the worst. In addition, the technology is way behind and unproductive resulting in bankers wasting large amounts of time dealing with locking systems, non-streamline programs(everything is in a different place) resulting in most of the day spent trying to make up for lost time because of inefficient technology and constant servicing of problems for customer when they could have been avoided to begin with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more