SunTrust
1,391 reviews

SunTrust Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Teller (Current Employee), Bartlett, TNJune 30, 2015
Pros: Incentives, bonuses
Suntrust is a great company to work for. Company loves their employees. loves feedback. Want their employees to take advantage of all the company offers. tuition reimbursement
Job with no benefits
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 30, 2015
Pros: Scheduled
Cons: Salary, Benefits
Greet candidates at windows.
Answering Phones
Drug test
I9
Background checks
Interviews
Call clients to understands their needs on candidates
Place candidates on assignment
Great Teammates
Manager (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 30, 2015
Good Employer. Fast paced environment. Teammates are great and easy to work an open to change. The benefits are competitive.
good management
Outbound sales (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNJune 29, 2015
Pros: management team
Cons: Dealing with the public
The job itself is lack luster but the management team does everything they can to try and make the job better. Job is very repetitive.
No review
Teller I (Current Employee), FloridaJune 26, 2015
Pros: benefits for part time
Cons: sales focused; not much room for advancement
Great co-workers, sales-focused, not challenging, great training, can advance if position is available, learned a lot about banking
No fun
Banker (Current Employee), Woodbridge,VAJune 26, 2015
I work here only i like my manager its difficult like any bank to work i love my job thought but i still like to find something different
Fun place to work!
TELLER (Former Employee), Savannah, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: You were only paid twice per month
This was, by far, a great job! The group of people that I worked with were very friendly and extremely helpful. The benefits were good and the customers were, for the most part, pleasant.
Not a team workplace.
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Waycross,GAJune 25, 2015
Help clients with financial needs.
There was really no teamwork.
Had a big lack of training.
Enjoyed meeting and helping clients.
Great teammates
GROUP VICE-PRESIDENT OF TECHNOLOGY (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
Pros: Great company to work for
Cons: long drive into downtown Atlanta
Relational Bank. Great teammate or coworkers. Great work environment. Wonderful company to work for. Great people and great management
low pay but good benefits
personal banker, teller, and on the job trainer (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 24, 2015
depending on your role in the bank the culture isn't overly stressful. be prepared for pay offers on the lower end of the banking spectrum.
Very $$-Driven organization
HR (Current Employee), AtlantaJune 23, 2015
Pros: Pay and benefits are good
Cons: culture and lack of work-life balance
The company pays well, and tends to use money to attract and retain employees (Teammates, as they are called). However the culture is very hard driving, with very long hours being the norm.

Most companies have some level of politics, but SunTrust is an extremely political organization. Advancement has less to do with how well you perform and your contributions, and far more to do with how well-liked you are, how many cocktail parties/lunches you attend, and how well you make your rounds in "being seen" by key leaders.

There are some really good people who work here, but some very money-driven, and political ones as well. The company touts its value of promoting financial well being, but pushes products that enslave people to debt (loans, credit cards). It also touts a concern for employees' physical well being, but very long work days/nights, and weekend work are the norm and expected.
Tolerable
Sr. Conventional Underwriter (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 22, 2015
The environment is fast-paced and demanding. Unfortunately, the technology and management style does not meet the industry and company's expectation.
Was a good starting point for starting a career with no family
ETL Developer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 22, 2015
Pros: Good place to start working
Cons: Not for long term employment; moving toward off shore workers
Expected to work many hours as a full-time employee after regular business hours and weekends without compensation.

Work with decent hard working people

Direct management is fair and equitable but upper management does not see people as their greatest asset
Alot of growth
Recovery Analyst, Work Flow Coordinator (Former Employee), Richmond, VaJune 19, 2015
I worked for Suntrust for 8 Years and it has been great. I worked many departments and learned alot with this company. May departments collections, litigation, cort officer, loan settlements, QA Analyst.
Advancement is encouraged
Vice President/Quality Partner (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2015
Pros: Excellent Opportunities to grow
Cons: Constant reorganizing
I started at the "bottom" of the food chain. And during my career enjoyed many diverse jobs and learned a great deal. My last position with this company was V.P. of Quality.
During my tenure I worked in sales, sales support, treasury payment and solutions support and management.
I made lasting relationships with many of my co-workers and always felt supported by my direct managers.
SunTrust is a good company to work for. They are competitive and provide a great work life balance
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT/BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee), Macon, GAJune 17, 2015
Fast pace environment where skills and talents can be utilize throughout a normal workday. SunTrust provides lots of training to help develop skills sets and assist in growth and advancement. I enjoy the people at SunTrust. Clients are loyal and love SunTrust.
HR Sucks, Poor Pay,
Teller (Former Employee), Atlanta,GA GREENBRIARJune 17, 2015
Cons: bad management, hr useless
Suntrust is very sales driven. The manager at the Greenbriar location has mistreated and disrespected all of her employees and many customers. HR has been called numerous times and nothing has been done... Terrible pay only twice a month and they show favoritism. Complete bad experience. I highly recommend you not apply here.
micromanaging
Part Time Teller (Current Employee), Asheville, NCJune 16, 2015
this company is unethical and has micromanaging down to an art. they do not trust their employees and do not promote a comfortable work environment
Great job!
Proof Operator (Former Employee), Nashville, TNJune 16, 2015
This is an excellent job for a student of someone who wants to supplement their income. The time goes by extremely fast. Overall, I really enjoyed working there.
big fish in small pond
Licensed Branch Manager III (Current Employee), South Boston, VAJune 15, 2015
had lots of changes several offices locally were sold to another bank lost lots of clients overall enjoyed working there

1 2 3 4 5