SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 2,246 reviews matching the search
In the heart of downtown Atlanta, capable of walking for daily exercise
HR OPS Specialist IV (Payroll Tax Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 23, 2017
This was an excellent contract! The environment was comfortable, the transit situation was perfect. The bus stopped right in front of the facility.
productive
Supplier Relationship Mgr (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2017
Productive. Great benefits package (vision, medical, dental, life, 401 K). great team environment. Friendly and professional working environment. Great company!
High pressure
Pre-Marketing Asset Manager II (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 23, 2017
OK place in which to work if you're 25 years old. A lot of partiality shown to certain individuals and not much work ethic for those of us who have a good one.
Pros
work independently
great people, no security
Digital Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 22, 2017
great people, no job security a lot of offshore jobs in other countries causing many to lose jobs, great benefits vacations, healthcare and the best part was people
Pros
insurance
Cons
off shore jobs
Great environment
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 22, 2017
Review credit reports, bank statements, tax transcripts, and numerous other documents to determine if a loan is government and investor compliant
Manage a pipeline of up to 30 loans at a time with numerous perfect reviews from customers
Contacted customers once a week to ensure the terms and conditions of the loan are communicated and recorded
Organizes loan officers, underwriters, mortgage assistants, government entities and other business partners to complete a mortgage refinance
Great Company to work for.
Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2017
SunTrust is a very stable company with good benefits and was a pleasure to work there. The Teammates and environment were a great experience.
Ok
Employee (Current Employee) –  GAFebruary 20, 2017
Sales organization. But I know that and that's OK. One just needs to know what they are signing up for. SunTrust is a great place to work if you are willing to work.
Pros
Sales organization
Cons
To muck sales
Selenium Tester (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 20, 2017
Working with SunTrust is one of the greatest asset to my profile.Great learning,great work culture.
I never find anything difficult there, colleagues are very supportive, we help each other in any difficult scenario.
Bad Management
Teller (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 19, 2017
Suntrust is overall a good bank but the management however is terrible ! There is favoritism between management and some of the staff. There are always problems
Great Financial Company and Atmosphere
Trust Account Investment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 18, 2017
An extensive banking network with investment opportunities for professional growth. One of Atlanta's most desirable companies to work for young professionals entering the workforce.

Want to know more about SunTrust?

Ask a question
Not a great place to work
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  VAFebruary 17, 2017
High turn over. Out of touch leadership. lot of sales pressure. They don't want advisors, they are looking for car sales people.
not a bad place to work
Banking Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 15, 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is getting to help and meet clients; depending on the day this can also be the worst part of the job. This is with any job that deals with customers though. Suntrust is not a bad place to work at and the opportunity to move up is there.
A shell of what I hear it used to be
Financial Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 15, 2017
I came to SunTrust looking for a change..
To say my onboarding was bad would be an understatement. There was an initial chatter of "their culture" that appealed to me. However, it quickly diminished. They expect to have the results of larger institutions while providing a much smaller staffing model. In the short time I was there, I bared witness to a company transforming into exactly what i fled from.
Pros
hiring of a new manager that was a "roll up his sleeves"kind of leader
Cons
never had adequate staffing, nor adequate training
Love the coworkers and immediate supervisors
Stoli Customer Care (Former Employee) –  Cookeville, TNFebruary 13, 2017
The job can be super stressful as you are dealing with people's money. Teammates and direct management make it a very fun and family oriented environment.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Sometimes you feel like a number when it comes to corporate demands of the job.
Challenging and Productive
Financial Service Representative IV (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 13, 2017
Enjoyed working with my community helping people meet their financial and business goals. Worked with the branch Manager on creative ways to meet the challenging sales goals every month, which resulted the branch exceeding the monthly goals. Also assisted clients with any grievances regarding their account and helping finding solutions that resulted in increased customer satisfaction.
Enjoyable work experience
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 11, 2017
Many years I dedicated my time to SunTrust Bank and its customers. The time I spent there was very rewarding and educational as it was my first experience with banking, The training program taught me a lot.
Great Purpose Driven Company with a Community focused agenda
Director - Internal Review Group (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 10, 2017
SunTrust is well position Regional Bank with a South Eastern footprint stretching from Maryland to Florida to Tennessee.

Teammates are a pleasure to with and eager to help ensure that the job done right!
Great opportunity to build your career
Business/Private Banker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2017
client service and business development

over the years I learned valuable skills that would be useful in any office/sales environment.

good and bad management.

competitive but team building.

not taking it home at the end of the day.

working with many interest clients
Pros
ability to earn more through bonus program
Cons
n/a
IT Business Analyst
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 8, 2017
Great Bank and a Company. very skilled employee minus the distractions.
everyone does what they are supposed too except the staffing agency's culture is little weird.
working at SunTrust should be about SunTrust and not of their staffing representatives.
Pros
Employee
Cons
Staffing agencies
Suntrust
Vice President Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Seminole, FLFebruary 8, 2017
I have been a branch manager for over 17 years, I really enjoyed it at first. Love developing a team, a business, and work outside developing business. Its difficult delivering bad news to a teammate or a client.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Not enough staff coverage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval