SunTrust
1,352 reviews

SunTrust Employee Reviews

Great learning experience
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 26, 2015
Pros: experience, benefits
Cons: under staffed, work/life balance
As a manager, learned how to manage a branch. Training was excellent. However work/life balance was terrible. You branch was always under staffed so therefore you always have to work extra.
Excellent company with plenty of upside
Group Vice President, Portfolio Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VirginiaMay 25, 2015
Truly enjoy those with whom I work, as well as the work I do. Great opportunities to effect change and to drive progress. Would recommend this company.
STM Mortgage
Operations Manager III- AVP (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 25, 2015
SunTrust is a great company. Located at 1001 Semmes Ave Richmond VA. It is growing and finding itself in the new mortgage default normal.
Mortgage Accounting specialists
Workforce Management Specialist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLMay 24, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: worked nights
A typical day at work consisted of helping customers stay in their homes by advising them of all their options. I learned that it was very informative about some help within the organization as well as outside that customers can utilize in order to get their accounts current. The hardest part of the job was being able to assists with extremely delinquent accounts. My co-workers were willing to help me to navigate screens to be able to further assists customers.
Good people. Clear job requirements.
Business Projects Team Manager (PMO), VP (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMay 22, 2015
I had a great experience working there. I was able to help build, manage and team of PM's. The people across the company are very eager and knowledgeable.
Productive place of employement.
Teller III (Current Employee), Memphis, TNMay 21, 2015
A typical day at work are getting referral for our Personal Banker. Bank operations vault teller, processing deposit, loan payment and opening closing of the branch.
Retail is good; call center not recommended.
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee), Charlotte, North CarolinaMay 21, 2015
Pros: Gym downstairs
Cons: Negative and hostile environment
The Charlotte, NC office is horrible. Management has zero people skills and creates unnecessary turnover. If management set aside their ego, and actually empowered their staff, it would grow exponentially, as there really are some talented people in the Charlotte office; unfortunately, most of the talent leaves, and newbies come in green and ready to work, only to find out they are misinforming consumers of delivery times, locks, closing, etc.

SunTrust get it together! Consumers end up suffering in the end. I'd go with a local broker like Primary Residential Mortgage in Fort Mill, SC. or related. They are way more competitive and give wonderful service.
Productive work environment with opportunities for advancement.
Personal Banker III (Former Employee), Woodstock, GAMay 20, 2015
Typically my day begins by opening the branch, going over our plans for the day with each other so we know who's doing what, communication. From there my day consists of calling clients, assisting clients who visit the branch, doing outreach events during the day for the community.
Productive workplace, customer service driven.
Loan Service Representative (Current Employee), Nashville, TNMay 20, 2015
While being consistent with rules and regulations this company strives to put customer service first. The supervisors are highly knowledgeable and always available to step in and help where needed.
Fun place to work, they cared about clients as well as employees
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee), Tampa, FLMay 20, 2015
Pros: Fun every Day is Different
Cons: Short Staff
Coaching Teller line team and providing input into performance reviews and may participate in conducting reviews with Branch Manager or Assistant Branch Manager. May participate in the selection/hiring process of Tellers. Completes operational functions such as approving transactions, cash control, branch security, internal control. Demonstrates competency with all Teller application transactions and process Teller operations. Identifies sales referral opportunities and makes appropriate referrals. Ensures that all Tellers are aware of, and participating in, achievement of service and sales goals. Responsible for coaching and development of Tellers, and Operations of Teller line. Advanced Teller and Basic Sales and Service skill set. Ensure compliance with internal controls, operational procedures and risk management policies. Responsible for ensuring that all business transactions and practices in the individual's span of control comply with all regulations and the Code of Conduct. Pursue on-going education of 8products, services, and other lines of business.
Horrible place to work
Vault Teller/ATM Custodian (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 18, 2015
Management was terrible, sales goals were ridiculous, an absolutely terrible place to work. Management did not want to help with anything, and never had any idea of what was going on. People had to stay after work hours to make calls in order to drum up business.
Surviving through the growing-pains, amid layoffs and management changes, I have learned to be a major contributor and how to provide leadership,
Quality Performance Management Specialist II (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Continuous education and training, generous leave and holiday pay
Cons: Long hours and tight deadlines
Our goal is to light the way to financial well-being. We are client-focused, and strive to provide excellent, quality service to every customer. To do so, it takes a team effort and a constant drive to deliver efficiency and excellence. I am fortunate to work on three teams, on one team, Receivable and Decisioning, we post payments from Investors to the general ledger account to be reviewed by accounting mortgage analysts and claims anaysts to ensure we have been reimbursed for all funds issued to maintain foreclosed properties. On the second team, my role is to process charged-off accounts for funds that were uncollectable from our investors and assign the reasons for the charge-offs to the various departments responsible for not being able to claim remitted funds. The third team I work on is the Loss Analysis Feedback Loop, which analyzes a sample of all funds charged-off by the various departments and identify opportunities for improvement in the claims processes to ensure a greater percentage of funds billed will be remitted by investors. Each area requires great attention to detail, a wide knowledge of the various investors whose accounts we service (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Virginia Housing Authority, and other Private Investors) and their policies and procedures for submitting claims and being reimbursed for different services rendered by the vendors we utilize to maintain foreclosed properties. It also requires continuous communications between the different lines-of-business as well as interfacing with investors when there are discrepancies between what was billed and what was remitted, and when funds are not remitted what can be done, if anything, to recoup those funds.
People are very nice to work with.
Financial Sales Representative (Current Employee), Cookeville, TNMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good training program.
Cons: Have to work one weekend day and nights.
SunTrust is a good place to work. The pay is pretty good, but the schedules are not good because if you are new, you have to work at night and one day of the weekend.
Pay and benefits are great.
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cookeville, TNMay 15, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: undervaluing people
Compensation and benefits are wonderful. I have never worked for a company that had a better pay for performance system and I thrived with it. Where the center I worked in was lacking was a personal approach to its employees. People were often on edge just wondering if they would be let go. Valuing employees is something that was missing.
Great work environment
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Current Employee), Maitland, FLMay 14, 2015
Pros: Casual attire
Cons: travel distance
My co-workers and myself are dedicated to the highest quality customer satisfaction. I have learned many new things under my managers wing associated with the mortgage industry.
Positive team environment - embraces diversity
Vice President - Premier Banker (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 13, 2015
Great company to work for. Needs to fine tune the measurement of success in the sales delivery model, but otherwise a great employer. Culture has migrated towards product pushing versus true meeting client needs.
Consumer Default
Senior Collection Manager-Vice President (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 12, 2015
Pros: Worked with some great teammates during my 30 years of service
Cons: Job Security, Leadership lack of communication, Decision making
The majority of my career was filled with great fulfillment except for the last 5 years. There was a high stress level and insecurity. My team and I made every effort to perform above expectation while creating an environment of highly engaged teammates. I learnt to keep my composure at all times. Every individual is different which requires one to adjust accordingly. I enjoyed assisting my internal and external peers. I also enjoyed being a member of two business resource teams which were instrumental in their volunteer initiatives. The hardest part of my job was having to deliver reduction in force announcements. One had to uphold composure, deliver message and show empathy. This was probably the most stressful part of my job. Strategy changes to meet business needs was stressful during 2008-2011. Acquiring knowledge of our products, services and systems was a highlight for me. It brought significant exposure for being a member of many project teams. Management made many decisions and were slow in disseminating to impacted groups. At times, information was obtained from third party. This created lack of trust for teammates.
Good environment and fun workplace
Operations Specialist (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: may have to work overtime
A typical day at SunTrust is meeting deadline and tracking your steps
You will learn something new everyday
Management didn't stress you - they all seem to be very understanding
Co-workers are always friendly
Hardest part about the job having so many desks to do in one day- you have to remember how certain people want their work to be when they come back from vacation
The most enjoyable part of the job is when we did things as a group like lunch in ,celebrating birthdays and holidays together.
Sales job
Assistant Manager/Personal Banker (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAMay 10, 2015
Pros: Weekends off
Cons: Always being pushed to sell more.
My job is to sell 100% of the time. If the business isn't walking in, I am on the phone. The daily goals have to be met so I do what I have to do to make it happen. High stress job that is focused on sales.
fun but mostly customer service
Loan Officer (Former Employee), virginiaMay 10, 2015
It's a bank not huge throughout the USA but mostly east coast
enjoyable I would say
short days
paid holidays
bank atmosphere

1 2 3 4 5

About SunTrust

SunTrust Banks, Inc. (SunTrust) primarily operates as a financial services holding company. Through its principal banking subsidiary, – Read more

SunTrust Salaries