SunTrust Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,999 reviews matching the search
Mortgage Payments
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 21, 2016
I provided the service of taking mortgage payments for first time home buyers as well as refinancing consumers. I processed credit card payments for credit reports and other mortgage documents needed to process loan paper work.
Don't work here
Vice President of Investor Relations (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 20, 2016
SunTrust is unfortunately a very disorganized company. I was ready to retire with them however, it is about favoritism and not the quality of the person or about the work you do. As with most corporate environments, they cut positions all of the time, move you around from job to job, and set you up for failure.
Pros
Benefits and pay
Cons
management and overall company structure
Worked at Suntrust for a year
Merchant Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 20, 2016
Its difficult to rate this company as it has been 17 years since I was employed there. Also I worked there for a year. But it was an interesting job. I was able to visit merchants and set them up to take credit cards from their customers. I enjoyed that aspect a lot. Compensation overall was good. The most difficult aspect would have been the goals one had to reach in Merchant Services. I made these goals but bonuses were based on this, but to be fair I had worked there for 1 year so I was just becoming trained at that point. I really did not have coworkers as I was a Merchant representative.
Pros
Meeting and helping customers
Cons
Goals
Great Place to Work
Teller Coordinator/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Inverness, FLJuly 17, 2016
SunTrust is a great place to work. The pay is decent and most of the people I worked with were good people. Great Benefits as well.
Stressful, but great benefits
Ephone Representative (Current Employee) –  Cookeville, TNJuly 14, 2016
If you can manage the stress of call center work, then the job is absolutely fine! There are not too many opportunities for advancement because the individuals who are in higher positions, have been there for 10+ years and do not seem to be going anywhere anytime soon.
Pros
401k, healthcare
Cons
extremely stressful
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Reisterstown, MDJuly 14, 2016
Teamwork is very important.
Service and sales driven.
advancement opportunities.
Great training.
Benefits
Great Community volunteer opportunities.
Pros
Great training, growth opportunities.
Cons
Incentives plan ?
No concept of work life balance
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 14, 2016
No concept of management - embarrassing redundancies. Call lists were useless, including many deceased clients. No regard for the Do Not Call list.
Good Place to Work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 14, 2016
I Love working for Suntrust Bank.
Wining Team!
good team coaching
Under standing in your process of work
I would be a wonderful place to retire from
good 401k
Productive workplace
Loan Processor III (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 14, 2016
workflow is pretty steady, flexible hours, the health benefits could be a little better. fun work environment. would recommend to a friend or family
Fun and demanding professional work place
Mortgage Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCJuly 13, 2016
A Typical day would be ever changing, customers coming in, preparing for meetings, greeting guest, making sure all branches were covered during vacation with floater tellers. Co-workers and managers were the best. There was a respect for everyone.
The most challenging responsibility was to make decisions regarding writing off funds due to the bank when a client complaint rose above branch manager level.
What I liked most was interacting with the staff, clients, and new hires coming in.
Pros
Offsite meetings with catered lunches, at a lake, poinsette club, and poinsette hotel. Good healthcare, flexible with hours during special projects.
Very good place to work
Teller3 (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 13, 2016
I was a teller3 and this was a great place to work and the managers were so great, everyone treated everyone like a big family. I made deposits and withdrawals on a daily basis, I cashed checks and also took care of customers complaints and problems to a point.
Pros
pleasent place to work
Cons
sometimes overwhelming on friday pay days
Great work experience
Vice President/Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJuly 12, 2016
ST was a great place to work. I learned a lot from this company and the relationships I made as an employee. Coming back to Durham after being in Wake Co was great opportunity and great experience.
Compensation is great!!
Treasury Sales Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2016
The bonuses as a sales officer are great!! If sales goals are met then you truly have the opportunity to generate income that is comparable to another salary in your household.
overall OK place to work
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  GAJuly 11, 2016
Overall OK place to work. The incentives and perks are OK and decent. Some of the people are nice. Work/Life balance isn't the greatest. Management leaves much to be desired, and there is a lack of necessary training.
Good to work and knowledgable
WMB developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 11, 2016
Involved in designing TDD's, Mapping documents. We develop the message flows based on the design an mapping documents.
no work life balance
Loan Document Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 10, 2016
I came into the company with a very positive outlook and left very unhappy. There is no work life balance and upper management does not adjust the turn times according to the volume. They pile on more expectations every day and expect you to complete everything by week end. Each department is very divided and there is no unity. I walked into work every day having anxiety b/c of the work environment. If you do not like loan officers to run your desk this is not the place for you. It's unfortunate that I could not like this place.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
no work life balance at all, you are under paid for the amount of work expected from you.
Great place to work for
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 9, 2016
In-store branches are closing at a fast rate for SunTrust. However, by far the best company I have worked for. They have well trained staff and always seek to improve.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Moving too much
Productive, work environment
Financial Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2016
A typical day at work is making sure all transactions are processed properly, all operations are done according to company policy, building client relationship and meeting daily sales goals. I enjoy the challenge of meeting my goals especially without a lot of foot traffic it keeps you busy and innovative trying to find solutions to meet goals. Very friendly work environment, have a great relationship with cop workers and my manager
Productive Environment
QUALITY PROCESS AND PROCEDURE TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 6, 2016
Great co-workers. Good environment. Understanding management staff. Fun place to work. Given many opportunities for development and growth. Provided great training on financial well being.
I enjoy working for SunTrust
BUSINESS ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2016
Excellent company to work for, management works well with employees. Company interested in employees financial well being
Pros
Stable
Cons
unsure at times due to outsoursing