SunTrust

SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 1,591 reviews matching the search
Horrible place to work.
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 12, 2016
I do not recommend this place. Your boss will always be on your case and there is little room for growth. Everyone is in their 40s and 50s.
Productive workplace
Credit Underwriter/Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2016
Great place to work as a permanent employee. Monthly incentive to meeting goals. Managers helpful. Coworkers were dedicated to meeting the goals.
Challenging work requirements
VP - Information Security Technical Standards (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 10, 2016
The work requirements were challenging and required constant attention to detail. Management in certain segments of the business is overbearing and much too involved in the small details, therefore turnover is high.
Pros
Benefits, work/life balance, salary
Cons
Micromanagement, poor communication with upper management
Family atmosphere
Teller (Former Employee) –  Smyrna, TNJanuary 8, 2016
I would greet clients as they walked in or over the phones. I would take a look at their accounts if there was an issue or thought there was a opportunity to improve their financial well-being. I would do deposits, withdrawals, make payments on their loans and credit cards. I would balance my drawer at the end of the shift. Go over any paperwork that may need to be sent to back office or management. Make sure to lock up the branch before leaving if I was the night teller.
Pros
Manager was great! Had healthcare and vacation for Part Time
Cons
Maternity leave was not there, I had to be let go because I did not qualify for FMLA leave because I was Part Time, It seem like having a baby was a punishment instead of a accomplishment
Great place to work at
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 6, 2016
Loved my co-workers and everyone else who worked there, we were like a family, I worked with different departments and the one that I enjoy the most were when I was a fraud investigator, love to get to the bottom of any hard thing to do and analyze.
Terrible
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Forestville, MDJanuary 6, 2016
I am not the best person to give a description of what I think of this company because it has been a long time since I have worked here. I am sure things have slightly changed from the time that I was there. However, I think SunTrust is a good bank for customers but they treat their employees poorly. The pay was bad and management was confrontational and not professional. I couldn’t trust anyone I worked with and I hated going to work. I honestly can’t think about one pro from working here.
Pros
training
Cons
pay
Productive fun place to work
Teller III/Lead (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAJanuary 6, 2016
I loved working for this company until my last days, such great team mates and managemnt team! The work load was motivating and challenging and rewarding!
Pros
Great benefits, paid vacations and holidays
Cons
just a sad day when I had to leave due to downsizing
Fun work place greant mamnagement staff and co-workers.
Client Service Specialist 2/Research Specialist 2 (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 3, 2016
A typical work day at SunTrust handling numerous calls from various companies requesting information on the company bank account(s).
Pros
Flexible schedules, vacation and great pay
Cons
short lunches
Worst Job Ever
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  NCDecember 29, 2015
This was honestly the worst job I ever had. I would sleep in a tent in the backyard and bath in a hole before I would ever come back to work there.
Typical Cubicle Farm
Mortgage Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 26, 2015
A typical day was similar to the movie Office Space. Management isn't very trusted for a variety of reasons, but you can occasionally find great managers. Medical and 401(k) benefits are great, but the salary was lacking for the amount of work that was increasingly expected of everyone. I've heard about departments that were great and departments that were worse.
Suntrust
Loss Mitigation Setup Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 25, 2015
Suntrust installed so many characteristics in my time there and has helped me better myself as a leader and person , Management needed much improvement but overall a great company to work for.
Pros
free lunches
n/a
CLIENT SERVICES/DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2015
It was a really great job, but sadly a decision was made to outsource our department to another country but overall it was a great compant to work for
ok workplace
Teller Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 22, 2015
ok company everyone for themselves limited promotion. does give sales monthly quarterly. long term in position that you obtain hard to transition.
Job coach and in home care
Household Lending Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2015
worked at North with clients that had behavior issues provided coaching for jobs and self care assisted clients with achieving daily goals my co- workers were all on the same page the overtime was always available and taking the clients out into the community without incident was the most enjoyable
Temp Position
Collections Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 21, 2015
A typical day here was just calling clients regarding the delinquency of there loans with the bank. This job was not guaranteed on giving me permanent position, so had to move on.
Pros
temp employment
Cons
no perm employment
Good company, but fairly hard to move in
Credit Risk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 18, 2015
Suntrust, in comparison to prior companies I worked for, provided a much more relaxed and comfortable work experience. I was generally content. The downside to Suntrust, at least the team I was on, is that there is no clear path of advancement, so someone with ambitions may feel straightjacketed in their role.
Great Company to work for
Head Teller (Former Employee) –  Kensington, MDDecember 16, 2015
Suntrust cares about it's customers and employees. I enjoyed interacting with customers and providing excellent customer service.
Teller Line
Teller (Current Employee) –  Belleview, FLDecember 16, 2015
most enjoyable is the clientele - worst part is the constant changing of personnel and management strategies. Outdated equipment and software made it hard to function in real world.
SunTrust Work Environement
Business/ Commercial Card Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 15, 2015
My day normally consists of taking calls all day long with customers inquiring about their SunTrust Accounts. My co-workers (peers) are very good to work with inside the office. Pay hasn't been flexible and I haven't felt that advancement through the company is that attainable.
Long Hours
BRANCH MANAGER, ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 15, 2015
Branch Managers work 55+ hours per week,
the people who work there are awesome. Benefits are standard but the pay is the lowest in the industry.