SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 2,285 reviews matching the search
non productive vary repetitive and robotic type of work
Business credit card rep (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 5, 2016
my co-workers making working here nice. A typical day of work would include very repetitive work such as credit card balances, payments, credit limit increases and balance transfers. Some of the management can be micro managers and others are very laid back. The hardest part of the job is not being able to say something to a very rude client that using degrading language towards you.
Pros
Cons
unpaid parking, minimal pay increase, minimal training, no room for advancement
Great opportunity to build your career
Business/Private Banker (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 9, 2017
client service and business development

over the years I learned valuable skills that would be useful in any office/sales environment.

good and bad management.

competitive but team building.

not taking it home at the end of the day.

working with many interest clients
Pros
ability to earn more through bonus program
Cons
n/a
Productive and fun workplace
Foreclosure Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2016
Working through my daily pipeline keeping accounts updated, talking to customers (inbound calls) who want to work with us in bring account current or payoff. Work projects that are offered by management dealing with accounts that may need to be charged off, re-evaluated for assistance to the consumer etc., talking with our attorneys, and answering emails, taking requests for reinstatement and payoff figures.

I have learned time management, and the hardest part of my job would be not being able to assist someone who is really trying and they don't have the means to do so.

the most enjoyable part is the people I work with
Pros
Free Gym Access
Cons
Healthcare is costly
bank Teller
Bank Teller/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 30, 2016
Bank Teller/ Customer Service Representative, August 2003-September 2004
Some of a bank teller's responsibilities include cashing check
Accepting deposits and loan payments
Processing withdrawals
Sell savings bonds
Accept payment for customers' utility bills and charge card
Processing necessary paperwork for certificates of deposit
Selling travelers' checks
Specialized in handling foreign currencies, or commercial or business accounts.
Pretty Decent Place To Work (Pays the Bills)
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 5, 2016
As long as you perform your job duties, this place can be considered "decent". I've worked at numerous branches, which means I've experienced different work ethics of different managers. I would not recommend anyone to work. Seniority overruled great performance. Managers are given positions based on who they know and NOT their abilities to perform their job functions.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short Lunches
Longevity
Universal Banker and Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 29, 2016
SunTrust Bank allowed me to advance quickly due to my desire for learning the banking industry and work ethic. The majority of my managers were very understanding and trusted my abilities. Those attributes are what molded me into becoming a very thorough trainer and listening ear for my co-workers.
Pros
Advancement and the Majority are Great Bosses/Leaders/Co-Workers
Cons
Uncertainty; but this may be the nature of the Banking Industry as a whole
Repetative
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2016
SunTrust as a company, is a very diverse place to work. This company is a great place for many people of different ethnicity to find employment and possibly a career. Management within my department has become much better since the outside sourcing of a company that review surveys about our current management. Before this, management was basically not be held accountable for their action. They were able to govern my department outside the lines of company regulation and policies. But with the induction of these surveys which are taken yearly, much has changed and now we are encompassed within the companies original vision of how a organization should run.
Pros
Telecommuting and Vacation package.
Cons
Long hours outside of regular scheduled shift.
Best Job Ever
SR CUSTOMER SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 23, 2016
SUNTRUST had a good work life balance. It is uncommon to see people spend more than 8 hours at the office. There is never a "crunch time"; the workload is pretty consistent.

All the employees are intelligent, fun to work with, and passionate about their work. I think this is the most significant factor that makes Indeed a great place to work.
Pros
GREAT MANAGEMENT
Productive and fun place to work.
Chancellor Drive (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 12, 2016
Fast Paced job.Taking incoming calls,making outbound calls. Going over customers accounts,blocking cards because of fraud alerts.I enjoy helping people.Management is a very helpful resource.The hardest part of the job is taking care of customer in a timely matter and taking next call asap.I enjoy the adrenaline and feel full of energy at the end of the work day.
SunTrust Bank
Personal Banker III (Current Employee) –  Michigan StreetNovember 22, 2016
SunTrust is a great employer with excellent benefits such as 401K and health, however, there have been many changes to banking regulations in the past 6 months and we anticipate many more in the next year which can possibly result in banker's bonus incentive changing (not for the better).
Pros
Great benefits, professional environment, good bonus incentives, opportunity to work independently.
Cons
Job Stability, constant changes to policies/rules/regulations, high turn-over on teller line.
Great place to work and build a career
Asset Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 9, 2017
Working at SunTrust was a pleasure. Opportunties are great to move and learn different area of banking. Training was awesome and learning in a team work environment. Professional yet a family oriented place to work added structure to my life.
Pros
Positive environment and understanding Managers.
Cons
Low tolerance for time off lol
Productive company
Retail Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAMarch 7, 2017
SunTrust has provided an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to build a team of professionals that stayed focused on the client and teammates. They also provided training in a lot of different aspects of credit and sales processes to coaching and client focused models.
Pros
Teammate and Client focused
No so bad if management was held more accountable for behavior.
Bank Support Specialist Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 14, 2016
This was a great place to work but the management was horrible, hostile and exhibited bullying behaviors. My concerns about management were never taken seriously and I eventually was fired because my supervisor didn't like me. I would still be with the company if I didn't have the manager that I had. Pay is pretty good but should be more for all of the tasks done by CFS Supervisors. Very stressful department to work in when management is not a support but a hindrance to your growth.
Pros
Salary, Benefits
Cons
Breaks, High priced lunch, Management
overall great place to work; good work/family life balance
Teller II (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNNovember 13, 2016
A typical day at work is fairly simple. You learn a lot about how to help clients move from financial stress to financial confidence. The hardest part of the job is getting clients to realize there is a need when you have a life event or even saving for many things especially retirement. SO getting them to transition from the teller to a personal banker is challenging especially when it seems as if everyone is on the go. Overcoming the objection of "I don't have time" is not as simple as it may seem. The most enjoyable part is being there for the clients.
Pros
Benefits; Flexibility
Cons
Referral System for incentives
Bnaking isnt for everyone
Teller (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLNovember 11, 2016
Although Suntrust is a great company my personal opinion was that it was a little too focused on making numbers instead of caring about there employees or customers.
Management did the best he could with all the pressure that was unfortunately placed upon his shoulders.
The hours were always the same which was a positive part of the job, also the people I worked with and clients I met there are all wonderful people. The hardest part of the job was that they wanted all tellers, and bankers to push new credit cards and new account on clients which agitated our clients and made ourselves come off extremely pushy.
Pros
schedule never changes, great coworkers
Cons
pushy, not many benifits
Productive and fun place to work
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Herndon, VAJanuary 18, 2017
If you are looking to expand your knowledge in the banking industry its a great way to start your career here because of the several opportunities for advancement. It all depends on how great you deliver and how comfortable you are with the people you work with.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
management
Mortgage Loan Officer Consumer Direct
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAFebruary 25, 2017
Suntrust is a great place to work. I have enjoyed numerous years of employment with the Mortgage Loan Office Headquarters in Richmond, VA. I would recommend this position to any sales professional interested in mortgage telesales.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Five Mortgage CEO's in Five Years
Good experience job
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Cockeysville, MDNovember 10, 2016
Open branch, check emails and respond to what needs to be responded. Get ready to greet and wait on customers. Opening and closing accounts together with performing service. When I have to be a teller I get my station and cash ready for the day and stay within limited according to policy and procedures. I enjoy being organized and helping customers.
Pros
if I work on a Sat I get a day off during the week
Cons
Not being paid enough for what I do.
great place to lot of great people.
On Borading Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 19, 2017
Nice place to learn just like family Very professional place lot of room for advances in life and moving forward.
Client driven company, great atmosphere, managers were great in Baltimore. Good co-workers, only downfall was the late nights (call nights) to meet goals and all the too many meetings.
High pressure workplace. Good benifits and company. Poor leadership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Turkey Creek, TNJanuary 19, 2017
Overall good company that could use improvements . Leadership was poor and very inconsistent. Work life balance was very Poor. Lots of turnover due to leadership. Pay and benefits were above average.
Pros
Great pay and benifits
Cons
Leadership and no work life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.

71%