SunTrust Employee Reviews

productive but stressful
Conventional Claims Analyst (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 1, 2017
At SunTrust it's not what you know but who you know. They are very clickish. If you are not in with the correct people you won't last long there. I particularly don't like the way they treat their seasoned elderly employees. It's like push them out the door quick or they're looking for an excuse to get rid of old employees. You have to stay on top of them with your time and money.
Pros
benefits; time off
the hardest part
Customer Services Officer/Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Advance, NCDecember 1, 2017
Management was untrained and not able to manage banking branch properly. Turnover in banking employees was a big issue for this bank and staff was untrained.
I am still at SunTrust
SEO Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 30, 2017
I am still working as a contractor in SunTrust, but it is a great place with great people. The work is interesting and always changing with my position. I deal with the Website as a whole and am not a part of just 1 line of business.
Pros
Great Place to Work
Cons
I am just a Contractor
temp position
Administrative Assistant/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 30, 2017
temporary position that was not conducive to job advancement. Work environment was stressful. It was challenging which is good however, not much incentive given to advancement.
Pros
was a temporary job
Cons
no job advancement
SunTrust Cares
CLIENT ADVANTAGE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Kingpsort, TNNovember 30, 2017
SunTrust is leading the financial conversation for making sure that everyone has financial confidence. They are a great company which excels at leading the way to embracing diversity.
not good to grow with
Financial Banker 4 (Current Employee) –  VirginiaNovember 29, 2017
If you work for this company in a position other than manager keep in mind if anything goes wrong involving the manager (issues), Sun Trust is going to protect them and let you go.
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
very bad company to try and grow with
Energy-draining culture
Marketing and Internal Communications Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 29, 2017
No work-life balance, no appreciation for a job well done, no opportunities for advancement based on merit, no telework optoins, no one was ever happy to be at work.
Pros
decent benefits, good PTO
Cons
Low pay, sucked the life out of everyone
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLNovember 29, 2017
Enjoyed working with this job as a credit card specialist. Very competitive you learnt a lot. Employees are very knowlegeable and helpful. A very good employer to work for.
Middle Management is lacking. Company constantly in state of Flux
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 29, 2017
Company changes it’s strategy and product offerings constantly. Middle to lower management do not invest in, or support, their people unless you are a select chosen few. I am not the only employee who feels this way.
Pros
Brand
Cons
Comp, products, constant change
Good company but retail banking
Financial Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 28, 2017
Retail banking is all about sales. Very focused on getting the numbers. Goals are set so high for branches that branch managers very rarely ever get bonuses
solid place to work
Client Resolution Manager, Group Vice President (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 28, 2017
I really enjoyed my 21 years of working there. I gained alot of knowledge and experience.The people that work there are generally great to work with.
Fun Work Place
Operations Analyst/ Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2017
I enjoyed my experience with Sun Trust, The people I worked with was great. The work was steady and the hours were ok. I did not like traveling to Sandy Springs traffic was horrible.
Pros
Excellent People
Cons
Traffic
Balanced Work Environment
Loss Mitigation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 27, 2017
Great benefits but very low compensation. Management needs to pay attention to compensating high performers and offer more opportunities for advancement
A great place to work for competitive minds.
IT Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 27, 2017
I was afforded many opportunities to move around at SunTrust. Each opportunity, of which I took advantage, was a promotion for me. I used each position to learn and gain more experience in my field. I would recommend SunTrust to anyone who is serious about their career and hungry to grow.
Pros
Competitive salary, Growth opportunities
Cons
Difficulty in staying ahead of organizational decisions
productive
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 26, 2017
It's been 20 years since I worked for this organization. However it was a great place to work. I left to pursue a career in human resources development.
benefits
Cons
career advancement
Nice start for first time bank experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLNovember 25, 2017
I had a lot of fun working there. Overall it is a great place and a nice place to start your banking career. You can get a lot of training (don't forget to remind your management that you if need one to schedule) I was able to learn so many things how to be a good Teller and execute with excellence. Some day are slow and sometimes you can get slammed. Some branches require full staffing but somehow there is always someone missing (managers work for two branches or some other employees have to come and help very often). Sales goal is a big thing, and it can be very stressful. While I was there the goals were unreasonably high. Now they've slightly change the system so I hope employees will be a little bit happier about this.
Pros
I had nice team, nice office, health benefits, paid/off holidays
Cons
gossips...lots of gossips, nothing is confidential
A good company to work for.
Senior Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 24, 2017
A good work environment. Friendly teammates and management has an open door policy. Work benefits in terms of vacation and salary can be better. There is work flexibility.
Great job to start off with while in college.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VA 23321November 24, 2017
I've learned how to manage money and count effenciently. Dealing with numbers were not my strongest skill. However working at SunTrust taught me to take my time and listen to my clients.
Need to pick a direction
Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 24, 2017
Too many realignments and reorganizations for a team to deliver long term results. Good direction from the most senior management, but the next layer down is a revolving door, resulting in new goals and metrics every year. Relatively easy to find lateral moves, but upward mobility can be challenging.
Pros
Good pay and benefits. Good work-life balance. Strong culture.
Cons
Career growth is difficult. Long term decisions are typically sacrificed for short term goals.
SunTrust
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Burke, VANovember 21, 2017
A typical day at work includes receiving phone calls, then updating software. sending tickets over to higher agents depending on the resolution. the hardest part of the job is dealing with old technology.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.