SunTrust Employee Reviews

Not a right place to work.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaSeptember 30, 2017
Working there is just like wasting your time. No management skills only if you are good at sales and can do sales and sales only. The company is solely based on sales. No customer service and the managers are so arrogant and self conscious that they would not care for you and your family. Same as their customer and their personal financial life.
Pros
Cons
Anything and Everything
Atlanta In store market has many management challenges
ASSISTANT BRANCH MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 29, 2017
short staffed; inadequate executives and top managers; goals are unattainable in certain demographics; limited exposure due to in store locations; great work environment
The culture of SunTrust is competitive
Personal Banker IIII (Former Employee) –  4650 S Suncoast Blvd Homosassa Fl 34446September 29, 2017
Make outbound calls daily to clients to set appointments and follow up with clients on previous visits. Discuss new accounts, loans, credit cards, discuss options to meet with bank partners. Perform maintenance on client accounts. Overall help clients with any financial needs they may have.
In house training on Regulations, bank policies and procedures.
Management was for the most part fair.
The hardest part of the job was filling in on the teller line for teammates who were out due to vacation, FMLA, or sickness.

I really enjoyed working with the clients and teammates while working for a company who takes care of their employees.
Enjoyed the people I worked with and my Borrower.
Construction Specialist, AVP (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta GASeptember 28, 2017
Overall, it was an ok place to work. We had just acquired flex hours which was nice. Management wasn't really in touch with our team. Wasn't really sure what the end result would be. Communication was minimal.
Worst place to work ever!!!!
Loan Processor II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 28, 2017
Micro manangement on a whole new level! Surveys and loan close.... No acceptions! No personal life after working here... Your mind is never on ease as all you think about is your manager yelling at you and processing them loans. Too much work! Too much meetings and classes! Its just over kill of duties for the processors.

Processors get no respect at all!

Hate it there....I quite with no other income coming in and I feel so relieved that I did!
Pros
salary
Cons
entire branch management aweful
They care more about saving money than keeping jobs in America
Sr. Systems Engineer/Technical Lead (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
They care more about saving money than keeping jobs in America. Company believes outsourcing is the best way to reduce cost regardless of quality....
Benefits
Balancer/ Data Entry
Balance/ Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GASeptember 27, 2017
I really enjoyed my position, my department relocated to Florida. It was a good environment to work. My supervisor was very pleasant to work with and the pay was really great and you had opportunity for advancement. My computer programming training was very helpful because I work with computer programmers and computer engineers.
Pros
There were a cafeteria so you didn't have to go out for lunch and a good place to work
Cons
you were on a 90 day probation period
Productive and fun workplace
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 27, 2017
Suntrust was an opportunity to introduce into the business banking world. It is a company that wants everybody to achieve success on our goals. It's a diversity workplace that respects different backgrounds and cultures in order to work together as a team.
Pros
Goal oriented environment, flexible.
Cons
No professional development
Entry Level Experience
Teller Connect Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 27, 2017
I enjoyed the experience and skills that were acquired during my few years as an employee here. However, the work environment and expectations created stressful situations due to the sales related to this position.
Pros
Benefits, cross-training opportunities
Cons
high pressured situations
Constantly changing corporate focus.
Senior Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 26, 2017
Constant turnover of staff. Very little administrative support.Corporate focus would change every few months.Micro management and meetings for no reason.
Great Place!
Remote Business Banking Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2017
I learnt a lot about the business banking industry, in addition to lot of products and services that banks offer. Great, great, great, great, great..
Very productive
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 25, 2017
I started as a teller at SunTrust Bank. After a few years the Branch Manager asked if anyone wanted to apply for the Head Teller position. With help from the Branch Manager through guidance and determination, I became Head Teller. The team there was always developing growth within their company and it was a great place to work.
cut throat
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDSeptember 25, 2017
Loved job felt great about it but management would protect themselves before employees and would throw employees under the bus to make themselves look better. forced to stay after hours and make cold calls if sales numbers were not met
the team i work with was awesome
Chancellor Drive Orlando (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2017
i had to stop working at sun trust do to my moms illness. I was the only one that could care for her at that time. I love her so much I did want to lose her.
Pros
no free lunch
Same business practices as Wells Fargo
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Over worked, under appreciated...asked to do unethical things. The management is ruthless and relentless. They simply care nothing about the employees.
Pros
Decent PTO
Cons
Horrible middle management
Limited opportunity for advancement
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Salary not commensurate with cost of living. Corporate culture was positive. Call center environment was average. The most difficult part of the job was being on the phone with irrate customers.
Pros
CoWorkers
Cons
Leadership
Great Work Life Balance
Corporate Tax - Senior Tax Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 23, 2017
SunTrust has a great work life balance and its a great place to work long term because they do not have high turnover and management supports the employees growth.
Good training and opportunities
Personal Banker IV (Former Employee) –  Viera, FLSeptember 23, 2017
Good management and willingness to train employees for advancement. Supervisors were well trained in setting strategies to reach individual and branch goals
Great place for people to work
Teller (Current Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 22, 2017
Open up secured areas to retrieve cash box. Wait on customers and help them with products and services. Run their transactions quickly and accurately. Balance our cash box daily. Prepare work for the courier pick up for end of day. Secure cash and negotiable instruments for the evening in the vault. Set timers and run reports for end of day. Set alarms when exiting the building.
Suntrust
Mortgage File Custodian (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 22, 2017
I liked working here. There wasn't anything too hard about the job and the pay was fair. I met a lot of people and learned new skills that helped my in my future career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.