SunTrust Employee Reviews

Goof pay, overworked, lack of loyalty
Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 21, 2017
Budgeting, forecasting, little strategic or value added analysis. Just standard reporting and basic variance analysis. Well paid if you can keep a position.
If you like stress and pressure - this is your place
TELLER LEAD (Former Employee) –  Naples, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Responsible for tellers under me.
Responsible for each teller's money drawer and all vaults, including reserve and atm.
Greet customers warmly and recommend features or accounts that would benefit them.
Refer customers to Wealth Management or Sales reps on the floor.
Pros
Learn to balance money and manage others.
Cons
Poor pay, pressure to sell, morale is awful.
Good place to work. They set productions
Purchase Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 20, 2017
Great company to work for though can be factory robot setting. Must complete goals and know your stuff. Very little time to train.They like to clock watch. They love to have meetings about meeting. Seemed like we were having meeting about the banks success. We get it SunTrust you are a big bank, now can the staff get back to work and complete the goals you set us.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Being watched by Team Leaders 24/7
Great career.No complaints.
Treasury Management Client Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Suntrust is a great company to work for. I retired and currently looking for a part-time position. I worked in various departments with SunTrust in my 30 year career.
Pros
Good pay, paid education reimbursement, excellant 401K.
It's not consistent with how areas are managed through out Suntrust . Turn over rate is bad.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 20, 2017
I would recommend SunTrust to other people who want to get into banking but I wouldn't recommend certain areas of people to work in because turn over rate in the area is not the greatest and it stems from upper management.
Teller
Teller III (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDSeptember 20, 2017
Best Place to work but it is going to depend with a manager that you are working with. My manager has a bad management skills for example, he does not communicate well with his employer.
productive
BANK SUPPORT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 19, 2017
assisted teammates and clients. Lack of advancement. always made departments fun. with activities. learned customer service. difficult to get back w/this bank when I was a previous employee.
Pros
free luches
Cons
less pay
Job achievements
Compliance Analyst (contractor) (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
Accountable for helping to lead innovation risk management practices to ensure that risks are identified and addressed in a way that supports entrepreneurial speed throughout the enterprise digital footprint. Evaluated company websites and social media sites. Collaborated with product compliance and product managers in getting product and services to market by understanding new innovations and addressing risks and impacts that may be present at any stage of development. Developed compliance processes supporting the enterprise product and services development life cycle so that product managers can get answers and inputs they need quickly.
Pros
The manager was tough, smart and inspiring
Cons
Contract ended
Productive and decent place to work
Transaction Processing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 19, 2017
Most busy in the mornings. Great manager and supervisor. Nice clean and safe environment. Most enjoyable time of day is break time. The hardest part of job is balancing at the end of day.
Pros
clean
Cons
hours
Work hard play hard
Vendor Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 19, 2017
Suntrust is a company where you can grow into your career. You provide hard work and dedication and your efforts will not go unnoticed. Be a team player with focus.
Pros
you dont work weekends
Cons
you are required to work mandatory overtime
Not a great experience
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 19, 2017
This was a very stressful job. Everyday was a race to meet our "numbers" in regard to daily production, which ultimately was dependent on the volume of customers entering the bank.
Good
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Good , active and positive environment. Good work culture. Love the work life balance here. Good technological development and a lot to learn. thank you.
Either you will love it or hate it
EIS (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 18, 2017
Overall it was a decent place. They compensate you well in some areas and in a lot of areas you can have a work balance. The corporate culture is something you'll love and stay for years or hate and leave with less than two.

Cons
There's a call for innovation and new ideas but some of the long standing management doesn't really want or embrace change. Allot of management turn over.

Pros
You have all of the bank holidays off and if you come in as an officer you will start with 4 weeks vacation. There are a ton of long-tenured teammates.
Pros
Great discounts
Cons
Lack of trust in senior management
Good work environment.
Financial Advisor Associate (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 18, 2017
I was employed with SunTrust for over seven years. Held numerous positions in both sales and operations. Good work environment. Presented challenge and opportunity.
Overall, a great place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 18, 2017
SunTrust has had it's growing pains over the past few years but, I feel sure once they figure out what type of company they want to be, things will get better. The company culture is fantastic. There are lots of perks and benefits to working there such as discounts, volunteer opportunities, etc. In order to progress your career, there may be a relocation required.
Alot of work for less advancement within department
Bankruptcy Loan Processor Senior Lead Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2017
My day consist of being on the phone and assisting bankrupt customers with their questions and concerns. I did phone pays, repossessions, settlements, short sells, and monthly extensions on a daily basis.Handled team lead duties. Assist my team with questions and escalated calls. Participated in weekly meetings to discuss upcoming changes and best practices was responsible for working daily and weekly and monthly reports so the department and bank could stay incompliance. Worked bankruptcy mortgages and consumer loans and updated procedures to have the department stay in compliance.
Pros
Thourough procedures that were updated daily, bilinqual representatives to assist customers, good working environment
Cons
Not enough opportunities to grow and advance in the department or within.
The Company Is Okay. Nothing Special.
Mortgage (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 17, 2017
The pay is okay. The career advancement is pretty low unless you play the office politics. There are layoffs when the work gets slow. There is nothing special here.
no feedback at this time
Loan Processor/ Jr. Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 15, 2017
I would rather not complete this review thank you for understanding . I thank you again for your offer to complete the review for this employer however I would rather not
Good work excperience in both Jobs
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 15, 2017
enjoyed working at SunTrust very much.
BBDO was an excellent employer, left because of relocation to Atl. Transferred to Atlanta office but same type of position not available in Atlanta Office. Worked as Copy Assistant in Atlanta Office.
Professional place
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working for suntrust there was no hard part of the job and the most enjoyable part for me was dealing with clients and help with all their financial needs
Pros
Training
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.