SunTrust Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,999 reviews matching the search
teller 2
Teller II (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAApril 22, 2016
my day begins Answering inquiries regarding checking and savings accounts and other bank related products.learning how to resolve issues and problems with customer's accounts. Demonstrates ability to interact confidently with clients. Being a team player, helping in all areas. some of difficult parts can be very simple, getting to know and build a re pore with you clients. once re pore is build, then the enjoyably part comes because your client knows you have there best interest and feel comfortable with banks you offer them.
Workday integrations / reports writer
Workday Integrations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 22, 2016
• Good experience indeveloping Workday implementations, Workday business process configurations, Workday security, Workday Time Reporting, PeopleSoft implementations, Workday HR and payroll technology domain expertise, Client management and Vendor management.
**Warning**Exploitation, cheap, uncaring, working there is indenture servitude
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2016
I worked for them for 5 years in the Atlanta office and the only good thing I can say about this bank is the excel at exploiting its employees. I will not tell you not to accept a job there if you cannot find anything elsewhere, but be prepared: you will perform the work of three people for half what they pay one person. Sometimes I feel like the company could anytime ask employees to bring their own chairs and computer to work--that is how cheap they are. Having said that be prepared to bring your tea, your coffee and your cups.

Human relations: Gossiping is a culture. Your manager or supervisor will write negative review and smear your reputation if you disagree with what they are doing and speak up. They hire incompetent people as long as a friend refers them. Employees literally died on the job from stroke and heart attack. You will live pay check to pay check and unable to provide for yourself and family. I would beg before I go back to work for this company.
Pros
image, but it is a mirage
Cons
Terrible employer
Good people
Branch Manager I (Former Employee) –  Douglas, GAApril 21, 2016
They have a lot of really good people who work at Suntrust. I had a great experience and enjoyed gleaning and learning behind some really great leaders.
management is awful.
CSS (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCApril 20, 2016
Worst bank to work for. Management is very negative. It is all about sales and more sales. You are just a glorified used car sales men. No respect
Pros
NONE
Cons
everything
Lack structure, direction and support
Senior Business System Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
Suntrust is a good company but various departments lacks the ability to successfully communicate, work cohesively as a group, motivate,train and provide directions for it's employees. The company lacks the resources to investment in effective training and technical support. There is a tremendous amount of outsourcing as well as restructuring which appear to occur twice annually in the same areas.
Pros
Great bonus and work life balance
Cons
constrant restructuring, lacking in communication and direction
Warning be aware not a good place to work for. Dont apply. Run
Branch Employee (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 19, 2016
There is no future with this company. They don't promote within. They rather hire from the outside. Branch managers and recruiters ignore your phone calls and emails after you interview for positions. So you dont know if you are hired or not. So if you are a current employee in the branches, don't waste your time applying for jobs. You will only get it if someone likes you. They don't care about work life balance or if you have a long commute to work. Overall Suntrust is not a good bank to work for if you are looking for somewhere to grow.
Pros
Cons
Cant move up, upper management dont care about employees, they only care about the numbers, no future, old system
38 Years of Service
Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 17, 2016
My team mates made the work enjoyable. I had many hats and was looked upon as a hard worker and very knowledgeable. I learned a lot about banking having been in operations where you were considered the nucleus of the day to day functions. No time did I feel I was unable to be productive and unable to fulfill my job to the fullest. I was given the opportunity to advance. I felt as though I was in a secure atmosphere. The hardest part was being let go (RIF) without my full compensation. You figure you put that much time into a company they would give you what you worked so hard for.
Pros
Free Checking, Variety of Job Functions, Many financial avenues to help with your lifestyle
Cons
Low pay for whaT's expected.
Great experience and love my department
BRANCH/RESPA REVIEW (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 14, 2016
Management is awesome of my department. They are very organized and family oriented. The hardest part of the job is changes but if you cant deal with changes you wouldn't belong in here. The most enjoyable is that we act as a work family and get along so well.
Pros
Food, great meetings and awesome management
Terrible culture
First Vice President, Change Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 13, 2016
This was the worst job I have had in 25 years. The level of micromanagement, timekeeping (think punching a clock as a senior management professional), lack of understanding or appreciation for any function outside of private wealth creation.

It is incredibly political and hierarchical, requiring you to have your manager's permission to speak to anyone outside your function.

I wouldn't work there or encourage any colleague I liked to do so.
customer service
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLApril 11, 2016
I started as a Teller at Wells Fargo and I used to process transactions like deposits, transfers and cash handling. I was able to get promoted to Personal Banker and that position deal with customer service and sales goals by interacting faced to faced with clients and doing outbound calls.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
outbound call night
good
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 11, 2016
good place to work.good people . nice place . I will recommend to any to work there. management I pretty good . a like SunTrust
great company
Auto & Credit Card Workout Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 10, 2016
collection and did rewrite on car loans and credit cards learned a lot of the company policies management needs improvement the co workers were team players
Pros
great company
Cons
better pay
I would do this again if I had the chance
Proof Encoder (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 9, 2016
I loved this job! It was my first experience in this field and it was interesting. My co-workers were very helpful and friendly as well as my Manager. The work was steady so time went by rather quickly.
Pros
Can listen to my music while I work
Cons
Can't think of one
Good Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2016
I spent 25 years at Suntrust and enjoyed my work in Stock Transfer, Legal Transfers, Trust Dept, Income Collection, working on all things pertaining to Bonds, Stock, Mutual Funds, Reconcilements on accounts, Customers Service, Claims, and many other task.
Pros
Easy assets to Food Court and shopping
Cons
Some Cons during my carrier, but was always able to overcome
Good working place
Default Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2016
For the most Suntrust is a good place to work. I have learned a lot of the 8 years that I have been there. Of course like other companies there are some things that could be fixed;. But of the most back its okay,
What I learned at SunTrust Bank
Universal Banker and Operations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 6, 2016
Since 2001, SunTrust continually provided me the opportunity to obtain positions within multiple lines of business; thus allowing me to expand my knowledge of exactly what it takes to make a bank run successfully.
Work Life hard
Commercial Real Estate Analyst (Commercial Loans) (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2016
Providing strides in the industry. Not quite as advanced as the other banks, but should get there in the near future. Developing a footprint in the United States map.
Pros
Nice management
Cons
lack of work life balance
Very flexiable
Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 1, 2016
Work together as a team to get the loan closed smoothly. Love being able to work from home if need be. I love helping people and giving them a great loan experience
Pros
work flexability
Cons
changes in income so frequest
Only job I have ever hated
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAMarch 28, 2016
Suntrust does NOT care about their employees as someone who was new to banking I had minimal on the job training. Yea they have in class training which I breezed through with flying colors. They also have outrageous goals to meet. If you aren't doing anything shady they are impossible to meet. If you don't meet your goals you get fired. I got out of there as fast as possible. The corporate company cares about one thing.. MONEY.. and if you aren't performing they could care less about your job. The benefits were great but no real structure in the branches. Of course when sales are so high customer service goes to out the window which unfortunately has happened with SunTrust. I had a banker who made almost triple my salary and we both had the same goals if that tells you anything. Corporate does not care about their employees at all.
Pros
the benefits were the only nice thing
Cons
the whole job.