SunTrust Employee Reviews

Found 2,685 reviews matching the search
Fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 20, 2017
Fun place to work, you meet different people, watch the games and laugh. I feel if they raise the pay and give employees benefits, it would be a better place to work.
Pros
Free games
Cons
Need healthcare, need pay increase
Its not the bank, it the people!
Branch Manager IV, Assistant Vice President (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 18, 2017
The culture has changed. New Management is more about how many sales per day, not how many client we helped!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Productive Place to work, but behind the technology curve
IT Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 18, 2017
Within the financial industry, the technology curve has been progressing quickly over the past ten years. However, the leadership at SunTrust has taken a measured approach to implementing new technology along with processes and procedures. While this has helped SunTrust avoid some of the pitfalls of bleeding-edge technology, it has also prevented them from satisfying all of their clients' needs.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Outdated tools
Benefits are Great!
Teller/FSR (Former Employee) –  Summerfield, FLAugust 16, 2017
I learned a lot of opening accounts for customers. The balancing
of ATM. And cash drawer. The training you have to do is great. The
way they treat the employees are great.
Pros
Benefits were great
opportunities to advance and very professional environment
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
this job was exciting to me because I was very good at being sociable with the clients which made it easy and came natural to me to be able to upsell various banking products to clients
Pros
often had pot lucks
Cons
sometimes we would have to float around to different branches
Experience is what you make
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GAAugust 16, 2017
Working at SunTrust, their is endless opportunity. Connect with people and work hard at what you do and the opportunity for advancement is endless. Work-life balance is one thing that is important in my life. That was the only downside I had.
Pros
Great Pay and Benefits
Cons
Work life balance
n/a
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Smyrna, GAAugust 15, 2017
The bank is constantly understaffed so the workload is often added on to the current employees. Usually work over 40 hours in a week because of lack of staff.
Pros
na
Cons
na
It is all about the shareholders and getting the work done no excuses.
Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 15, 2017
I have learned if you are not one of the favorites, good luck you will be on your own. Again it is all about the shareholders. Too much favoritism among some of the co-workers from management. Management says they appreciate all that is being done for the company, but throughout the day you can expect emails blasting you on why this is not done, that is not done, when can I expect it to be done within an 8 hour day. They are very unappreciative.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
management does not motivate employees enough, the morale is very low
hard work doesn't pay off
MIDAS Default Collection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 15, 2017
You will only advance if you're a managers favorite. There are no programs for job advancement. They're perfectly fine with you working in the same position for 10yrs or more with no encouragement to advance.
It's all about the numbers
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  virginia carolina regionAugust 15, 2017
They claim to be a purpose driven company- that couldn't be further from the truth. It's all about the numbers. You are not an individual here, and clients are just cattle prodded through the doors unless you can sell them debt. You can expect to make a minimum of 20+ cold calls a day to make a minimum of 3 appointments a day. goals are raised monthly so never expect to be good enough. You can qualify for a quarterly payout. worst incentive plan I have ever seen at a bank. Save yourself the time/stress and apply elsewhere.
Pros
you leave at 5
Teller Work
TELLER 1 (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 15, 2017
SunTrust was my first teller job. I worked part time there. Gained much teller knowledge through an extensive 2 week training program. The staff was friendly and hard working. We all pulled together and helped everyone out. I had 4 lanes of drive thru which were very busy. Referrals were stressful but obtainable. I moved which led to me having to leave the company but I enjoyed my time there.
Stressfull Workday Six Days.
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 14, 2017
The hardest part of the job was the unfair Management.
Long hours from 8:15 am to 6:30 pm assisting teller line and Drive thru. Saturdays were mandatory.
Pros
Salary, Benefits.
Cons
Unbalance profesional & personal life.
Suntrust Review
Teller 2 (Current Employee) –  Clinton, MDAugust 13, 2017
A typical day is very busy, we take several clients. The tasks performed have a very wide range, and we meet all kinds of people.
I have learned how to perform the tasks required of the teller 2 position, along with getting to know and learning more about my regular clients. My management has varied in the year i have been with suntrust, but those i have had do a good job in my eyes. Our culture is about financial awareness, helping our clients obtain financial confidence so they can better live their lives. The hardest part of working at suntrust is how short staffed most of the branches are. I work at an overly busy, high traffic area. So the most difficult task i have is being able to pay attention to and spend the time needed with each client, while also getting the line down. Although i will say the most enjoyable thing about my job is getting to know people, not all of them are open, but those i build a relationship with and get to know make it more rewarding.
Pros
experience gained, relationships that are built
Cons
short staffed, not many breaks
Not what i thought it would be like
Teller II (Current Employee) –  FloridaAugust 12, 2017
Its a great company with great benefits. But its very Sale oriented and you will feel more like a Salesman than a person whos supposed to be trying to help every client with a need that the client really doesnt need...
Pros
Great benefits, 401k, Vacations
Cons
Feel more like a Salesman job
Part time Teller
Peak Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Stuart, VAAugust 11, 2017
Part time job, very limited hours...very stressful. Had to push sales as a teller...Liked working with the people and handling the money. Did not like having to meet a quota as far as sales calls.
Suntrust allows you to further your education
Bank Officer/Fixed Income Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 11, 2017
Suntrust is a good company to work for in the financial arena. It needs to work on having more diversity in management. Suntrust is great at helping to further their education by offering classes on its company website.
Pros
It is a family type of business
Cons
It is hard to advance if you are a minority
Very stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
My boss was of India culture and did not really spend much time with me. I was really left in the dark about a lot of things. The job was almost 90% calendaring work. Not what I expected.
Pros
Cons
Very chatty clique place - it was who you knew
Great Bank, Mortgage Arm Needs Improvement
Mortgage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Overall SunTrust is a great company to work for, but the mortgage side really needs more automation and consistency for clients and teammates alike. However, there is lots of opportunities for advancement in other areas of the bank.
Pros
Great overall benefits
Cons
Compensation when promoted is not substantial enough
Typical Bank environment
Banking Officer, Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 10, 2017
Suntrust bank has a typical bank feel. Customer Service is standard and depends on what branch you go to. The workplace culture is what you would expect at a bank. The customers are what truly made the job rewarding.
Pros
Great Team partners
Cons
N/a
Unbearable Atmosphere to continue to work in created by Management.
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  1600 Waters Edge Atlanta, GA 30362August 10, 2017
The Favorite Few Processors are allowed the favorable benefits, but all others are just employees who are fortunate to have a job that pay a salary. High and consistent turnover of Employees due to the fore mentioned and existing issues.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SunTrust. Our community is ready to answer.