Sunwest Bank Employee Reviews

Was once the best place to be ... Now not so much.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 18, 2017
Prior to current Ops Admin SWB was a pleasure to work for.
Now ... People there that have been demoted, and one of the reasons a complete department was moved to Idaho because no one in CA was capable of running it.
But they r in charge of running branch admin and have a lower approval limit than the managers. Do not know how to do the work in a branch ...
Attempting to run and oversee branches and incapable .... Should be writing procedures prior to putting changes in place.
Cart is constantly being put before the horse.
Admin NVR follows thru with appts w/staff ... Nor do they communicate that they are not following thru due to xyz ... They just don't show. They will show if they have something negative to say with bells on ready to
make you feel less than. No consequences they do as they please.
Think I'm exaggerating they have had approximately 60% turnover in the past 2 yrs. From Sr Management to tellers.
Pros
Prior Mgmt
Cons
Current Mgmt
Inconsistent Work Environment
Sales (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CASeptember 20, 2017
There is a lack of consistent leadership and training here. Management is prone to impulsive decisions which leads to poor planning, job instability, and lack of communication across the team.
Pros
Majority of the individuals are hard working genuine people
Cons
Lack of training, inconsistent management
had many opportunities with Sunwest
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87102March 19, 2017
I worked at Sunwest many years ago. I was a Administrative Secretary, I worked in the collection department. I was a teller, and an ATM data entry clerk. Also, I worked in the ATM balance department. I was in the theft prevention clerk. I was the department float, etc covered vacations and ill employees positions in the event they were unable to fulfill their duties. I was a Sunbest award recipient. I have the opportunity to learn so much.
Pros
great place to work
productive
Loan Counselor (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXDecember 28, 2016
SunWest Bank does not exist anymore, sold to Bank of America. But when I used to worked there was nice, good atmosphere, nice employees.
Pros
free lunch once a month
Not a good environment
SVP (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAOctober 13, 2016
With the leadership changes this past year the work environment is very low! Leaders are hostile and unappreciative of the hard work of the staff. High turn over of staff and leadership since November 2015. No leader on-site to promote good harmony or security to staff. Once a great company but today it is gone. I loved my job prior to November 2015.
Pros
Pool table, ping pong table, bar...
Cons
Pool table, ping pong table bar... They want to be google when they are a bank!
N/a
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJune 21, 2016
Performing intermediate duties and support related to branch operational activities and financial services; processes all new account transactions; assisting customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services; cross-selling the Bank's products and services; opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; performing branch clerical duties; promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
good
Client Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 27, 2016
California owned bank, great environment loved the clients, management needs to communicate with staff better. otherwise company has closed several branches in Az and taken many jobs from people
Would not recommend
Emplioyee (Current Employee) –  IrvineOctober 7, 2015
I would not recommend Sunwest as a place to work. The company culture is very slow and unimpressive. Very behind on the times and upper management is filled with C-players.
Stressful workplace with no synergy among staff and unexplained expectations from superiors and lack of training
CLIENT SERVICE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Middleton, IDApril 20, 2015
Co-workers were very difficult to work with. They had many insecurities and lack of team work and little self-motivation.
The most difficult part of the job was picking up slack of other employees and trying to encourage them to work harder.The manager as not supportive in this area. One employee was late at least three days a week (after the bank was already "open for business"), and nothing was ever said, I had to do all the "opening duties".Such employee also answered her cell phone with clients in her window and management never addressed that situation. Many other situations occurred.
Most enjoyable part was the pay was decent and we had weekends off, and paid holidays.
Los Angeles mentallity in Boise Idaho
Client Service Supervisor (Current Employee) –  IdahoAugust 11, 2014
Having only 8 months under my belt within Sunwest Bank I don't feel I can give an acurate review of the company. I can say it is a far cry from my experience at Syringa Bank. Having been told Sunwest Bank is a player in the community banking system in California I was optimistic when the acquisition occured. In my opinion Sunwest Bank should bill themselves as a commercial bank. Not much that Sunwest has to offer is beneficial to consumers. I have seen a number of my clients affected by the closure of Syringa Bank and the acquisition by Sunwest Bank.
Productive/timing matter
Item Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 23, 2012
I had enjoy a short time working for Sunwest bank, for I was able to learn how to use and do the 10-key touch without having to look at the keys.
Pros
good pay and overtime
Cons
dress codes
loved working for Sun West
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Main officeMay 10, 2012
I started out as a teller and worked my way up too administrative assistant for three loan officers. When Nations bank took over i stepped down because they did away with my position so i was a peak time teller for Gibson office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sunwest Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7