SUNY Canton Employee Reviews

great place to network
Academic Advisor (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 1, 2017
A great place to work with so many amazing people! The organization was in a bit of transition when I was there but is now much more settled. There are so many interesting programs and great people that head those programs. The most enjoyable part of my job was collaborating with so many amazing people!
Pros
great professional development opportunities
Fun workplace
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Newell Veterinary BuildingMay 25, 2017
As a previous work study student, it was great experience working at Newell to be able to become a little more advanced with certain tasks than fellow classmates. It was a very fun and relaxed atmosphere to work in.
Fun Place to work
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYMay 23, 2017
Helped build social skills and showed how important it is to be on time to work. The people are great and the bond with bosses are amazing. would love to work there again
about this site
Automotive Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYApril 27, 2017
My school informed about this website a couple months ago because its one of the best place to look for job as a student and its totally free. now here i am looking for a summer for freeeeee
Great outdoorsy environment
Vice President (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYApril 26, 2017
A decent day at work consisted of assisting customers with renting bikes which is a great activity to partake in if you are visiting the city. Management could have been a little more organized. The most enjoyble part of working this job was being outside and getting to enjoy my summer as well.
Pros
great people to work around
Cons
needed better management
A Great Experience
Part-time cleaner (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYDecember 14, 2016
I had to get at my workplace at 6h30am to sign-in and prepare to start work at 7 am. My break time was for 30 minutes, and I had to go back to work immediately. My co-workers were cooperative though we had some disagreements sometimes. The hardest part of this job was to make sure everything cleaned, and my boss satisfied with the work. Sometimes, my boss would bring lunch for all we and add us five more minutes to rest if we felt tired. It was a very great experience for since it was my first paid job, I have ever had. I learned to value money and people jobs.
Helped me become a better student and Graphic Designer
PR INTERN (Former Employee) –  SUNY Canton, NY 13617November 5, 2016
Being a student intern for the school allowed me to take classes as well as complete an internship. I'm currently taking four online classes and two in class classes onto of an internship. It is a lot of work but it is worth it! It has allowed me to get real life experiences in and does not conflict with my classes. I intern on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's from about ten in the morning till four in the afternoon. I have had to ability to use social media to promote our school, usually including pictures that I have taken around campus. I also got to experience what it was like to take video. I haven't taken video classes yet but I will be doing them in the Spring 2017 semester. Other projects I've completed at my internship are: making vinyl pieces for the basketball team to use in their locker rooms, creating a writers series poster, as well as helping with the SUNY Canton Newsletter. I enjoy my work in this department and the small staff size really helps me feel comfortable and open with the other employees.
Pros
small team, open communication, learning new skills
Cons
not being as involved with video
Tough
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 29, 2016
Not enough jobs and this job was temporary it was a food job didn't require much execpt we did have to train, but it was fun overall.
Fun place to work.
Network Technician (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 16, 2016
Co-workers very quickly become family. Interacting with students on a daily basis is the enjoyable part of the job. Typical day at work is molding students to prepare them for the real world.
Pros
Union strong, work with students
Cons
students leave - co-workers retire
Good Opportunity to Individually Manage and Audit
Recycling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canton, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Great position opportunity. I get to work at my own pace, and get the work done that is required for supervisor review by a certain time of the year.

I get to format the data in my own personal preference, while the work hours are completely up to me.

Want to know more about SUNY Canton?

Ask a question
fun
Campus Store clerk (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYDecember 6, 2015
Great work environment from peers to managerial staff. I would recommend this position to anyone who is eligible to apply.
Student tour guide for campus
Student Ambassador/Tour (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJuly 24, 2015
This was a college held position, in which I gave tours of the campus, and potential students. Worked various on campus events such as open houses. Worked with peers and other college students.
Pros
campus job
Enjoyable workplace
Program Coordinator of Student Activities (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYJune 22, 2015
Great job to work for. Flexiable time and schedule. I have learned to be a little more agressive in sales and communicating with customers
Pros
Flexiable hours
Cons
long shifts
Great Experience
Teacher's Assistant / Note (Former Employee) –  SUNY CantonFebruary 28, 2015
Help mentally disabled children with their not taking, i learned not to judge a book by it's cover. Management there really wasn't any, my co workers were my peer and they were very helpful. Hardest part , there really wasn't any, but the best part was seeing my peers enjoyment.
Pros
meeting others, studying while working
Cons
Fun, interactive work place with fellow students.
Tour Guide (Former Employee) –  canton, NYFebruary 23, 2015
Arrive at work at 10 a.m review for the upcoming tour. Greet families awaiting tour and proceed to show the campus and answer any questions. Upon conclusion of the tour return to office and execute any admin duties needed to be fullfill.
N/a
Residence Hall Director (Former Employee) –  New YorkJuly 20, 2014
This was an okay place to work. Benefits were very good and advancement opportunities were available.
Trash
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYMay 12, 2014
I hated it, the kids were horrible. Very terrible staffers, people are childish.
Productive Workplace
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton,NYFebruary 17, 2014
It was very quiet because it was a library, but I really did enjoy working there. My daily duties were to shelve books, I had weeding projects to do for my manager, I was her personal assistant for weeding projects. I listened to music to keep me focused while completing the weeding tasks. Everyone was understanding, very approachable about any situation, and they enjoyed working with me as well. I had to loan and return textbooks, headphones, chargers, laptops etc to students and professors using the library system.
Pros
They did the most they could to find more more besides work study to pay me just to keep me working.
Cons
short hours
Not the friendliest place to work.
Inventory and Maintenance (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYDecember 15, 2013
A typical day included, mainting chaney dining hall, catering to certain events on campus. The main thing I did not like about this job was the co workers and some of the managers. Never in my life have I worked a job where everyone seemed to be so miserable. People their seemed to thrive off getting people in trouble. The most enjoyable part of this job was the work. I enjoyed the work.
Pros
Free meals, decent
Cons
Co-worker/management issues
Great Experience.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canton, NYNovember 2, 2013
In a typical day I would open mail process it. mail out college applicatons. file denial and acceptance letters. input data into computer.