SUNY Cobleskill Employee Reviews

Work Study
Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJune 13, 2017
As a method to generate an income during classes, the work study program is fantastic! I was able to gain a more in depth education of the mechanics behind the experiments used in class.
Residential Life
Facilities Management Laborer/ Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 4, 2017
Working for residential life is a fun experiencing, You not only learn responsibility, but develop great work skills in the process of performing work duties.
Fun and Educational
Work Study Wildlife Technician (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYApril 27, 2017
I've been lucky enough to have a work study position as a wildlife technician while working on my bachelor's degree in Wildlife Management. The Fisheries and Wildlife Department at SUNY Cobleskill is amazing, every day is a new learning experience.
Blessed
Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMarch 9, 2017
Over all working here while getting an education was a great time. The friendships and bonds that ere made are going to last a life time and I am so blessed for them
Resident Assistant/Sustanaiblity Mentor
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMarch 3, 2017
Resident Assistant (August 2010-August 2011) Responsibilities included supervision of student residents, filing of reports, facilitating communication and de escalation of conflicts between residents. In addition to regularly organized educational and community based programs specifically built towards sustainable animal agriculture.

Sustainability Mentor (January 2010-August 2010) Duties included organizing student educational programming about sustainable agriculture and continual outreach as a sustainability advocate. I was specifically responsible for outreach within the residence halls. I spent hours each week speaking to individual students about their perceptions and ideas regarding community movement toward a more sustainable way of life.
Good place to be a student and RA
Resident Assisstant (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYNovember 14, 2016
SUNY Cobleskill is a good place to be both a student as well as a Resident Assistant. It provides good hands on experiences.
great
NIGHT HOST (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYJune 7, 2016
great place. fun staff. ok food. lots of job opportunities. great coworkers. flexible schedules. a little unfair about RA positions
Residents
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 24, 2016
This position made me learn some management skills, and leadership skill, and it enhance my communication skill. The environment is good, and that you are doing is watching, and communicating with kids your ages are a little younger at the age 18. This job makes you do rounds to see how the building is. We have to make sure there is no residents passed out, or doing anything they are not suppose to do.
Excellent Work Experience
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 23, 2016
There were flexible hours, which work well being that I am a student. I got to do a whole range of activities, from machinery operation, to plant healthcare, pest management, transplanting, most of which was new to me.
Fun place to work.
Tutor/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMarch 30, 2016
Dynamic and diversified work culture.Students can be irresponsible and disrespectful. Most is OK but there a few rotten apples. Typically it is always a fun work day. It gets stressful during midterms and finals.
Pros
WorK Culture
Cons
Seasonal
Worked with my class schedule
Food prep/server (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYOctober 29, 2015
I would prep food & serve meals to my fellow college students. I learned how to work under pressure while keeping a neat work area. Management was very safety oriented and very willing to work with their student employees class (especially finals) schedules. My co-workers were very friendly & helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the rush of student around dinner time. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing how satisfied many of the students were with my were & that some would ask for me to personally prepare their food.
Tutoring students and monitoring the computer lab
Mac lab Tutor (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYSeptember 20, 2015
Pleasant work environment with informative and supporting management. Not only did it allow me time to improve my skills in Adobe programs, I also got the opportunity to aid others in the same field as me. The hours were great and the scheduling was flexible. The attendance of students in the computer lab differed each day, but the activity never grew beyond my control. The set of tasks to complete for opening and closing the lad were simple and easy to complete. If any problems occurred, I was able to contact my supervisor, co-workers, or Computer help desk.
Pros
Hours, Scheduling.
Cons
Equipment issues.
Excellent for personal growth and building rapport with others
RESIDENTIAL ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NyJune 3, 2015
A typical day as a residential assistant included being present for your residents that live on your floor in order to help ensure their safety and welfare. Also as a residential assistant you are required to plan and execute programs or educational events for the residents on campus. As an RA I learned a multitude of things including: time management, how to talk and relate to many people coming from different aspects of life, and how to work as a team player with my fellow residential assistants. My manager or the residential director and I worked very well together because my fellow co workers, boss, and I all worked as a team to accomplish our goals, which were to be there for the residents of our building. As an RA there were many enjoyable aspects of the job, but there were also very difficult aspects as well. For example residential assistants are there to council their residents regardless of how difficult the topic is. Sometimes there would be times where it would be hard to hear of the sufferings that my residents were undergoing. However one of the biggest positives of this position was being able to help them through difficult times.
Working with Students and Horses always fun
Director of the Equestrian Center (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYApril 1, 2015
A typical work day is going to the college and working with students on the business side of running an equestrian center. also buying commodities through the state bid process.
Pros
Working with Students
Cons
Only worked on weekends because of school. It was alright.
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYFebruary 8, 2015
The job was every Sunday and could be done in just a few hours if you wanted to get it over with. Just went to the different dorm halls and collected trash and put it in the dumpster out back. Anyone could do it.
Pros
Could finish the job in 3 hours if you work fast.
Cons
Not a lot of money
Essential in my personal development
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYNovember 30, 2014
Being a resident assistant has taught me professional skills to use while interacting with others in the workplace as well as my personal life in areas such as team-building and conflict resolution.
Assist students and Professor
Teacher Assistant for T.V. Studios Class (Current Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYOctober 2, 2014
I had fun assisting students and the professor. I didnt have to go to every class which is a plus.
Working for SUNY Cobleskill was a great experience and made me a more well rounded equestrian.
Farm Hand (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYSeptember 20, 2014
-A typical day at work began at 7:00am.
-Horses were fed, turned out, and stalls were done by 9:00am.
-Management was great and helped with daily duties.
-The hardest part of the job was the long days and the heat, but to work with horses all day made it worth it.
-The most enjoyable part was working with people I call my friends and the positive working environment.
great summer job
Maintenance assistant (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYSeptember 12, 2014
maintained facilities
refurbished facilities
made great friendships
had a blast
Productive place to work and still achieve a degree to ultimately receive a better job
Night Host (Former Employee) –  Cobleskill, NYMay 9, 2014
Typical day at work would be managing files at a desk, making sure that no one violated rules and working with a team of individuals to maintain stability in the building. My co-workers were all responsible and hardworking which made my job easier; and the most enjoyable part about the job was that it allowed me to build on specific skills that I will need throughout my future jobs. Hardest part of the job was the time that I started which was 11pm , sometimes it was draining but I still got the task at hand accomplished.
Pros
Working with people, Decent pay
Cons
Short Breaks, Time