SUNY Downstate Medical Center

SUNY Downstate Medical Center Employee Reviews

Wonderful Group
Executive Assistant to Chairman (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMay 14, 2015
It was very unfortunate that lay-offs had to occur in order to keep the hospital open. great people, great medical program.
Very busy with a lot of work
Community Service Volunteer (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYMarch 24, 2015
Busy work environment and every work is comfortably working. Also everyone is laid back but get their job done. The hardest part of the job is that it is a lot of work to do.
Great place to work, nice people and administration.
Assistant to the Director of Nursing (ED) (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkMarch 22, 2015
Pros: close to home, served the community.
Cons: n/a
I performed administrative/managerial office duties, and was also a liaison between management and staff, trainer and recruiter.
great work environment with great people working as a team
BUDGETING AND PROCUREMENT ANALYST (Current Employee), brooklyn,nyFebruary 1, 2015
typical day is great we attend a training class every 3months i have extensive management skills my co works are great hardest part of my day goes by pretty smooth the most enjoyable part of my job is growing.
Very productive, great opportunities
Senior Research Support Specialist (Former Employee), Newark, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: benefits are excellent
Cons: administration
Great opportunities to meet and connect with other professionals
Exposure to a great diversity of patients
Very prestigious institution which gives great benefits to its employees
Fun and productive work place.
Volunteer Research Assistant (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: great friendly environment.
I worked as a volunteer at SUNY Downstate Medical Center. People are fun and cooperative. Research Professors whom I worked with were very humble and helpful!
Radiology Business Administrator (Current Employee), Brooklyn, New YorkJanuary 15, 2015
Working at Downstate is a unique experience. There are some pros as well as some cons. Working and living in central Brookly is an absolute plus. I am 10 min away from work.
Good experince
Extern - Ultrasound Technology (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 8, 2014
very friendly co-workers, I learned a lot. I was very busy every day.it was a good experience
educational setting for students interesting in Physical Therapy Careers
Physical Therapist Aide/Volunteer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2014
Pros: very educational setting
Cons: not a variety group of people
I Volunteer here to contribute towards my community while obtaining a learning perspective for the career of Physical Therapy as well as Occupational Therapy. A typical day would include transportation of post operative patients from their rooms into the physical therapy rehab gym. Once transported patients are physically examined, there vitals are monitored depending on additional illnesses and patients are instructed to perform a multiple variety of exercises and motions that contribute towards their improvement. I have learned about proper protocols, different illness and the correct methods to treat and approach the illness of disabled patients. The most difficult part of this job is that many of our patients are sick in addition to their disabling conditions and there are many times when patients randomly puke while walking or exercising, fall because they are dizzy or feel faint or even uncontrollably urinate on themselves because of an unknown condition. The most enjoyable part is that I am able to contribute towards my community while educating myself about physical therapy.
A great place work.
Cardiac Sonographer (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 8, 2014
I am a full- time employee for more than eight years in SUNY Downstate Medical Center. My superiors and colleagues are very supportive and helpful. it's a multicultural environment. Patients are very cooperative and friendly. A great place to get experience and the salary and benefits are generous.
Fun work place
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYNovember 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch, long break
Cons: long hours of idleness
Coworkers were awesome
Learned many skills related to computers
Enjoyed speaking to people
Did not enjoy waiting for people to answer phones
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 28, 2014
Pros: willing to teach medical staff
Cons: short breaks
working in a hospital setting you learn everything and keep you on your toes.
Productive an interesting workplace with patients
TH STAFF ASSISTANT 2 CARDIOLOGY DEPARTMENT (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYOctober 15, 2014
A typical work day at Downstate was greeting my patients in the morning and making sure they were registered and ready for the doctor. I helped those who needed help filling out paper work and obtaining referrals from their PCP. Like any other job not all co-workers were team players, those that were made the day move smoother.
Working at Downstate taught me lots of patience and much understanding to the patients' needs. I did everything I could to make sure they receive the same and proper treatment they deserve.
The most enjoyable part of my job at Downstate was hearing a patient thank me for helping them. That was my satisfaction of the day and what I miss the most.
Internship was productive
Intern, Intensive Care Unit (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Pros: professional atmosphere with an emphasis on learning
Cons: parking is very difficult to find.
I learned quite a lot about the operations of the ICU at SUNY Downstate. The staff was professional and friendly, and did not hesitate to teach me the techniques and reasoning of the treatments being offered to patients. Overall, a very worthwhile experience.
very friendly co-workers
Extern - Ultrasound Technology (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYSeptember 3, 2014
this place was my first professional experience. I learned a lot about how to interact with patients,how to be professional .
fun, great company to work for
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYAugust 29, 2014
Did my internship there and was overall satisfied. The duties I performed. I Greeted patients, assisted patients in filling out registration forms, gathered medical history,Obtained vital signs, updated medical charts Assisted the Orthopedist during in-office procedures, prepared X-ray forms and explained the procedures to patients, Maintained inventory and restocked supplies, prepared and maintained cleanliness in examination room before and after each patient, filed and retrieved medical records
Great Learning experience
SYEP Volunteer (Former Employee), New York ,NYAugust 6, 2014
Working at SUNY Downstate Medical Center was a great learning experience .It showed how to work with others in a more professional environment. The Management I had was great they were patient with me until I got the idea of being in a office.
Nice place to work
LPN (Former Employee), Brooklyn, New yorkAugust 4, 2014
Pros: closed
Cons: closed
Was a great place to work, As co-worker we were family , but the hospital is closer
face pace environment, repeative work
ADMISSIONS OFFICE REGISTRATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 30, 2014
Pros: interaction with various departments
annswering phone calls from various departments such as labor and deliver, emergency room, ICU and CCU. data entry, filing, faxing
productive workplace
Certified Surgical technologist (Current Employee), Brooklyn new yorkJune 29, 2014
11 OR small teaching facililty kidney transplants eye surgery

1 2 3 4

About SUNY Downstate Medical Center

The Research Foundation of State University of New York (The Research Foundation) collects and administers research and education – Read more

SUNY Downstate Medical Center Salaries

$28,833 per year
Teacher
$45,000 per year

SUNY Downstate Medical Center Photos

Student receiving her White Coat at the White Coat Ceremony funded by the Alumni Association