SUNY Fredonia Employee Reviews

Intern
Marketing and Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYJune 9, 2015
Amazing experience which helped polish my overall pr writing skills. Individuals were very knowledgeable and great to work with, always giving great feedback and constructive criticism,
Average day at Campus Life
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, NYApril 18, 2015
I start off my day, arriving 15 minutes early to my job. I turn on all of the lights to the building. I check my schedule of the events that will be held in the building. From there, I open the doors of the events 30 minutes in advance, and set up any equipment needed. I answer the questions of the people that call the office, or stop by. I learn everyday especially by finding the answers the questions that I personally do not know. The most enjoyable part is learning about the "secrets" of the building or just from seeing all the activities put on in the building.
Pros
Active
Financial Aid summary
Work Study/Intern (Current Employee) –  Financial Aid OfficeNovember 10, 2014
A typical day in the Financial Aid office, I complete a variety of different tasks. This would include: interact with students and parents, performing data entry and provide office support when needed, filing and preparing students folders for counselor usage, I answer the phone/respond to any concerns, and I train and assist any new work study students in the office. What I have learned most out of working in this office is how to working together in a team is the most important characteristic in working in any type of position. The hardest part of the job is also the most enjoyable part of the job; interacting with a plethora of different people. Sometimes its hard to talk with people who are under a lot of stress concerning their college financial aid, but it is also the most rewarding when their troubles are lifted from the help that was provided to them from this office.
Cons
one 1/2 lunch break
Amazingly creative environment
Associate Provost (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYSeptember 26, 2014
My time at SUNY Fredonia was amazing. The work environment was collegial and supportive. My ideas were never restricted and I was allowed to re-create my position on a regular basis as I added duties to the description.
When the Provost was off-campus, I was responsible for the academic well-being of all 5,000 students at SUNY Fredonia. It was an incredible experience.
Full-time student, part time office assistant
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYJune 16, 2014
Everyone in the office was friendly and it was a great environment to work in. I filed papers, answered the phones and conducted tours.
Productive workplace
C-STEP (Current Employee) –  Fredonia, NYApril 18, 2014
The supervisor and the secretaries at the office are wonderful people to work with and one of the reasons why this job is enjoyable. I learned about different ways to input information on an Excel document. I also learned to be more organized in the process of helping the department to organize.
Great place for a good education
Assistant Music Director (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYSeptember 16, 2013
I love this college. SUNY Fredonia was like a second home to me.
comfortable work place
Gallery Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYJuly 1, 2013
worked indoors, informed visitors of exhibits, surrounded by art which made me happy
Pros
worked with art
Quiet environment
Call team member (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYApril 16, 2013
Private work space and great management. Great location on college campus.
Pros
short hours
Great
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYApril 11, 2013
I worked on a small research project in the summer and it was a perfect transition to the "real world".

Want to know more about SUNY Fredonia?

Ask a question
Fun yet sleepess summer opportunity
Resident Director - SUNY (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYJanuary 18, 2013
This was a summer job working with high school students. Good experience
Great University
Treasurer of Women's Student Union (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYJune 26, 2012
1. Majored in Psychology and Women's Studies
2. Was involved in Student Affairs
3. Great work environment
4. Fun, energetic
5. Most enjoyable part was planning and executing our annual events
Pros
diverse environment, accepting people, challenging
Cons
small town

4.8