SUNY Oswego

SUNY Oswego Employer Reviews

Productive and learning experience
Dorm President, Resident Assistant (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJuly 1, 2014
I had enjoyed working at suny oswego as RA, President of my Dorm.
Fun culture to be in
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Oswego, NYMay 8, 2014
Being in the academic culture is where I most enjoyed working. Being able to work and do research was very satisfying. I was always in front of cutting edge research.
Great office atmosphere with friendly coworkers
Admission Counselor, Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Oswego, NYApril 1, 2014
In Admissions office, everyone works as a team to reach day/weekly goals. Each counselor and support staff has their own responsibilities and daily tasks but no one is afraid to lend a helping hand. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with the applicants and working through the process of students apply for college.
Great people, hard work
Summer Associate (Former Employee), Oswego, NYFebruary 17, 2014
The nature of this job is tough. During the summer there are strict deadlines to be met to ensure that everything is ready for the incoming students. It is hardwork but it is a summer job that is only available to college students, so the fact that it pays well and is full time it is a rare opportunity that is well worth the work.
Great learning experience
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJanuary 17, 2014
Great place to learn on the job skills and network with great people.
Rewarding
Note Taker (Former Employee), Oswego, NYAugust 19, 2013
During this time I would provide information and notes in a classroom settings to students that were labeled disabled. Helping students anonymously by provided a break down of each lesson plan was very rewarding. This job allowed students to be able to succeed since it provided the information in a way easier for the student to learn.
Worth it
Math Tutor / Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Oswego NYAugust 9, 2013
Management was mostly hands-off. On a typical day tutoring I would interact solely with tuttees.
Great Environment, Amazing Area Coordinator.
Graduate Resident Mentor (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJune 12, 2013
Pros: benefits including full room and board. supportive area coordinators
Cons: staff morale is dictated by hall director
The premiere graduate assistantship on SUNY Oswego.
Two graduate course
1000$ Stipend
Year round apartment.
ok place
Resident Assistant - RSS (Current Employee), Oswego, NYFebruary 19, 2013
other schools are better, keep looking
managment has little knolidge and all dont agree witheach other
compinsation is much less than most schools
Being a teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Oswego, NYFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: opportunities that opened up through this experience
In a typical day I would hand out quizzes or tests then collecting them and bringing them to the grading center. I would also assist in grading extra credit assignments and well as take class attendance. I learned what it was like to be a professor through my job as a teaching assistant. I can't say there was a hard part to the job, unless it was snowing – more... on a day where I had to administer a test then climb through the snow to deliver them to the grading center. – less
Great Experience
Public Relations Officer (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJanuary 15, 2013
Awesome bunch of volunteers to work with! Everyone was passionate about the organization and indeed wanted to see it progress. I must say that with that there was a lot of head butting going on but all in all, it was a wonderful experience.
A great school with a good tutoring program
Tutor (Former Employee), Oswego, NYSeptember 13, 2012
I worked with students struggling in their French classes or trying to improve their performance throughout the fall and spring semesters, including extra sessions before the final exams.

This was great experience for teaching and dealing with struggling students. The most enjoyable part was finding out that the students' grades were improving. The – more... hardest part was trying to help the students that clearly did not want to be there and wouldn't show up most of the time. – less
Broad Array of Responsibilities
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Oswego, NYSeptember 5, 2012
Enjoyed being depended upon for ideas as well as for the construction of many items such as websites, flash banners, forms, certificates, data analyses and graphics. Both bosses were challenging yet personable and fun to work with.
Student Seasonal Worker, SUNY (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJune 20, 2012
I was a summer student worker and helped get the academic buildings get ready for the following school year
Wonderful professional environment to learn
Assistant to the Dean of Graduate Studies (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJune 19, 2012
Pros: flexible hours, varied responsibilities
Cons: upward mobility is slow
SUNY Oswego employs a large group of residents of Oswego and the surrounding areas. Compensation was more than expected. The only drawback is that there isn't much room to move up until the people above you retire or accept a different job. Employees, administration, and staff are all enjoyable!