SUNY Oswego Employee Reviews

Staff was very welcoming and enjoyable to work with
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 31, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job were the students and fellow employees. The workplace culture was very accommodating when it came to meeting my needs as a graduate assistant with a young family.
Fun workplace
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 16, 2017
great environment, relaxed workplace, all over good workers. loved the work I did as an RA, I feel as though i helped a lot of students in their academic and living situations.
Student only job
Grounds Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 22, 2017
Fun work environment. Luxury of spending the m majority of the time outside. Learned how to operate many different types of outdoor machinery. Never felt unsafe. Great management
Hockey Games
Usher (Former Employee) –  Oswego, New YorkMay 13, 2017
helping people to find there seats, check tickets, make sure nobody who didn't belong there took a seat. hardest part of the job was cleanup after the game, people can be gross.
Pros
free hockey games
Cons
work with lots of different people
Energetic and fun Office
Orientation Leader (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 13, 2017
I loved every minute of being a Laker Leader (Orientation Leader). It was incredibly rewarding to encourage new students. It was hard hours and work, but the reward out weighed that every day. The hardest part for me was some co-worker disagreements, that the program coordinator helped us deal with brilliantly.
Productive and familiar working environment
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 4, 2016
I usually worked 4 days in a week from 7 to 3:30. From this work, I experienced that everything is required some time to achieve what we want, so planning and keeping the work is very important. As the groundwork, the bad weather made me hard to work sometimes. However, working with co-workers was the most enjoyable partnof this job.
Pros
Approprite break times
Na
Assistant Professor (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 30, 2016
The school is adequate. It's located on Lake Ontario, which is very nice. The winters are horrible - among the most snow in the entire state of New York.
Fast Pace and Interactive WorkPlace
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 25, 2016
I got to work with people whom I could relate too and at the same time, help and in the process learned things about myself. By being as interactive as I was in my job, I increased my leadership and communication skills which I hope to use in the future.
One of the best jobs I've ever had
Desk Attendant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 1, 2016
I absolutely love my job at SUNY Oswego. I came in as a transfer student and I didn't get this job until my second semester and it made it feel more like home. I met some great people like my co-workers as well as the residents I interacted with on a daily basis. Hard work doesn't go unnoticed and I was promoted to SOSC after one semester, showing they believe in their workers.
Pros
easy, great work environment, great staff
Cons
Not enough hours offered
Great place to teach
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 27, 2016
I taught 3 classes each semester, ranging from freshmen to masters' students. Class size varied from 7 - 140. The co-workers were amazing and offered insight and their materials to help teach the classes.
Great School
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 16, 2016
I loved my time at Oswego. It's a great school with so many opportunities. Being a teaching assistant was fun and it was cool to see a class from a perspective other than the student. It's rewarding to be able to help someone learn something and also learn a lot yourself.
Great Job
VISITING ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 18, 2016
Visiting Assistant Professor at SUNY Oswego
Taught 3 classes; coworkers were very willing to help and offered powerpoints, past homeworks and exams. Students were generally friendly and eager to learn, and would stop by during office hours for help.
janitor
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 4, 2015
it was alright i learned to listen carefully management was okay. i worked alone wasn't really hard and i enjoyed how easy it was
Excellent college with Excellent & Motivated Professors
Student (Former Employee) –  Oswego, New YorkSeptember 1, 2015
SUNY Oswego is a fantastic college to earn a Bachelor's degree from. If you exemplify hard work and academic discipline to your self investment, education, and professors, they will go the extra mile to help you succeed.
Supportive work enviroment with good network of peers
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 10, 2015
I worked both with students as a teaching assistant on a day to day basis as well as individually as a research assistant. The structure of the teaching assistant job was a little lax but it definitely gave me solid experience in a leadership/teaching role. I needed to learn the knowledge and material for the lessons and be able to actively help and facilitate the labs. As a research assistant I was pretty much in control of what I was doing and had to make decisions on my own in many cases with only minor input from my advisor.
Minimum wage non skilled labor
Student Employee, Ground Maintenance (Former Employee) –  oswego, New YorkApril 1, 2015
For a college student looking to make some extra money at the expense of being slightly exploited and used at a minimum wage pay rate this job is just that.
Teaching assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJanuary 4, 2015
HELP PROFESSOR PREPARE FOR CLASSES AND ASSIST IN GRADING. enjoyed forming the relationship with the professor and students.
I loved it !
Resident Assistant, Seneca Hall (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 5, 2014
I enjoyed working where I lived, it made it so much easier for me to interact with my residents. We had a great two years and the position taught me so much.
Productive and learning experience
Dorm President, Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 1, 2014
I had enjoyed working at suny oswego as RA, President of my Dorm.
Fun culture to be in
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 8, 2014
Being in the academic culture is where I most enjoyed working. Being able to work and do research was very satisfying. I was always in front of cutting edge research.