Super Service, LLC Employee Reviews

Not a place advance, develope, or stay awake!
Recruiting Administrator (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYNovember 12, 2015
Definitely is not the kind of employer that seeks to promote from within. Only 10% of employees are eligible for pay raises per quarter (that includes 2,000 employees and 23 executives) and most of the time, these keep getting shoveled out to the same people.
Leadership is solid in all departments except recruiting department - the director is capable of making a saint hate their job. The director may be replaced soon however, as the department is suffering from constant turnover and dissatisfaction/complaints.
If you enjoy a place that will pay you to twirl around in your chair for hours, this may be your cup of tea. I am personally more satisfied at work when I have a purpose to be there. Executives and managers do most of the work while everyone else serves to enter data and refill their lead pencils.
Pros
you can eat at your desk
Cons
Recruiting leadership, boredom, lack of development, lack of training, lack of purpose, no advancement, no pay raises
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 5, 2015
i lasted with this company a total of two month.they put me in a truck that had seen better days, I have put my truck each week on my home time.
Pros
Cons
not really
A good place to start a Professional Driving Career
Material Relocation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAOctober 26, 2015
A good place to start work when you first get your CDL Class A.
The company really helps you adapt to the new world of truck driving
Pros
Safety concious company
Family Environment - Not for advancement
Prefer not to disclose (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYOctober 23, 2015
The company offers the basics - insurance, vacation, sick time. However, if you have furthered your education or intend to advance in your career, I would not recommend starting off here. If you're looking for somewhere to be for a long time...try a few other spots. Most positions are "eliminated" here after 10 years of service - only to be replaced later.
Pros
Family environment, vacation
Cons
Terrible management, unethical termination practices, no development or advancement opportunities
Slow
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYOctober 13, 2015
This company allowed me to get my feet wet so to speak. I learned a lot a lot about navigating and logs and being alone for long periods of time. I learned problem solving skills in the trucking world.
Decent Opportunity for new drivers,
OTR Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids MIOctober 12, 2015
Driver Managers Are great, Top Management Are inconsiderate of Hard working drivers, they are uncordinated, but they recently started paying practical miles so a pay increase of a penny per mile per load.
good place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sunset, KYSeptember 23, 2015
they took good care of there works good place to work great benefits if u did your work you didn't have no problems you could do almost anything stop where ever u wanted to.
Pros
You can make up your pay check
Cons
don.t have none.
Good place to start truck driving
Truck Driver - Team (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMay 18, 2015
Good place to start your career
Once you get experience then move on.

Drove Dedicated Team for Toyota. Miles were good, Tractors were ok. Trailers needed a lot of work. Normal to have to get a trailer serviced every other trip.
god company
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 27, 2015
good company to work for good pay nice people and have nice trucks and have a good driver manger make good money but im ready to fine a local job
Pros
good driver manger
Cons
ok for home time
Recruiters stay away
Driver Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Anywhere USAApril 16, 2015
Just ask management about how many recruiters they have burned through in the last few years. The turn over says it all. Management is based on fear and intimidation. Your ideas are neither encouraged or wanted. Training and motivation are non-existent and micro management is the norm.
Pros
Very nice people
Cons
Recruiting leadership is the worst I have ever seen

Want to know more about Super Service, LLC?

Ask a question
good place to get expirence not a career company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 20, 2015
Unorganized and some hateful management. If you have a family you will not be able to support them due to lots of bad weeks.
You will run good evrey other week, and set the
next. Equipment is decent compared to most but not top notch, dont rely on mechanics at Somerset KY or Ellenwood GA terminals but Grand Rapids MI terminal mechanics are excellent. This was an ok company with expirenced drivers when i started but last 6 months i have seen nothing but fresh un expirenced drivers whom always needed assistance due to poor training. I was the senior driver on my DMs board only being here a yr and 4 months... they cant keep drivers and if you are here over a year they do drawings to fire you. I asked twice when they told me i was fired because of a drawing. My DM informed me that they wont let him keep his good drivers. This is not a company for expirenced drivers its a training company now. So good luck!
Pros
benefits.
Cons
bad weeks, alot of unexpirenced drivers, buracratic corruption.
Great pay, tons of miles
driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 5, 2015
great place to work, tons of miles, right on the mark for pay.Good DMs are hard to find, the ones here I personally worked with are superior.
Pros
tons of miles
Cons
automatic transmissions in some trucks
payroll sucks
Driver (Current Employee) –  grand rapidsFebruary 12, 2015
It was okay at first and then my pay kept getting messed up. They pretty much only run you in PA and Ohio. The trucks breakdown all the time. The worst kept secret is the bankruptcy. Communication sucks. The weekend dispatch is horrid.
Pros
good place to learn trucking
Cons
pay, time off, inpatient dms
Super Service; Super Pleased
OTR Driver (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYFebruary 6, 2015
Out of the 9 months that I have worked here everything from the training to the home time even my Driver Manager have treated me very well. I have been shown a great deal of respect, and I am on my second Manager and they still get me home when I want. My all out experience with Super Service has been great and I feel like Super Service is a great company to work for. Every company has its ups and downs but Super Service has been good to me and my family!
Good Trucking company, just didn't have a life.
Commercial Solo Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KyJanuary 6, 2015
Just worked all the time with barley any days off, always on the road. The best trucking company I have worked for tho.. Didn't learn anything, didn't work with anyone, I drove everyday..
driving
Truck driver (Current Employee) –  Ellenwood, GADecember 3, 2014
it's a good job i'm just not home enough with my family. I leave for two to three weeks at a time and there's times i'm gone a month at a time.
easy place to work and make good money
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2014
pulled 53 foot dry van. team dedicated run for Toyota from brownstown Michigan to San Antonio Texas. 6000 miles a week.
Super Service
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 15, 2014
I had a good relationship with my last Driver Manager. I did my best to get loads pickup and delivered on time. My biggest challenge was backing up and getting in tight and busy places. I enjoyed the travel and dealing with the public.

I do believe I would make a good driver manager after experiencing the over the road challenges.
Pros
seeing the united states, meeting new people
Cons
trying to find a parking spot at the end of late shifts. backing
Business Closed
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLAugust 10, 2014
The worst management. There was no structure for this business.
That is why this location closed.
Good job for road warriors
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 8, 2014
Good job for people who like to travel and can be away from home 2 plus weeks at a time