Super Service, LLC

Super Service, LLC Employer Reviews

Bad Communication
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 11, 2014
they do not try to make sure that they can work around issues and emmergencies like a sick child or car broken down
Fight to get home
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MI (home terminal)March 6, 2014
Pros: i couldn't think of any
Cons: pretty much everything
Upon being hired, I was told I would be out for 10-12 days and home for 3. After being on the road for 3 solid weeks and not being routed home, I asked about going home. I was told, "I'll have to get back to you". I asked about going home every week for 8 weeks and was greeted with the same reply, "I'll get back to you". I was finally routed home after – more... I threatened to unplug the Qualcomm and leave the "Hot" load in the woods some where. It took all of 10 minutes to get a load home after that threat. I am from SC, and every load was between WI, IN, OH, PA, NY, MI, KY, or NJ. My DM refused to get me home. I later learned that there was a weekly run from Camping World in KY to SC every Thursday, and they some how couldn't find me a load home... IN 8 FRIGGIN' WEEKS!!!
The trucks are horrible, with most having 800-900k miles on them and the previous drivers think that by trashing the interiors when they quit, they're hurting the company. Super Service rightfully won't get rid of a truck because the interior smells like a toilet, but they do nothing to insure the truck is ready for another driver.
The mechanics are overworked and underpaid, which leads to low quality work, and hazardous trucks, and Super Service wonders why their CSA score is a 94 out of 100 (the lower the score the better). Your pay is partially based on how many miles your truck has on it, over 700k and they'll give you a couple extra pennies per mile. You will be stopped at every scale in Ohio. Period.
One week you'll have 3000 miles, the next you'll have 1200. The terminals except for Grand Rapids are atrocious. The Driver Managers have far too many drivers to manage, you will be forgotten unless you stay on top of them.
I lasted 6 months and got out. NOT WORTH IT!!! I never complained, and I did my job with a smile, just hoping things would get better. It did not. – less
great team company
Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: trucks clean good pay
Cons: company was filing bankrupsy
I enjoyed driving for them I drove otr and dedicated several accounts
Company was going through changes while here
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: company in tormil
Owner was forced to sell company while I worked here. Lots of good loads. Lots of east coast
great work place
Team Truck Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 25, 2013
money is good always guaranteed on the Toyota account. as for otr not so good .
i enjoyed the over the road with this company
Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia PaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: home time after two weeks out. nice equipment to drive. nice driver rooms for drivers
Cons: used my last check to tow their truck back. dot rating high!!
When i work for them they was gainey transportation. I thought they was a small trucking company. But they same like all big truck company werner jb hunt ect. A hold lot of bs. Then the log department always saying you need to log all fuel stops. It had to match with log. They watch all drivers that got fuel. Its a headache when you trying to get load – more... to the shipper. Then they beep the Qualcomm asking what your eta. That lie not having force dispatch bs. They do!! If you refuse they fired you. Then getting paid every two weeks was sicking. – less
Pretty Alright Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 17, 2013
Pros: new trucks
Cons: when the e-log mess up you messed up truck breaks down!
This job was excellent when my baby was working there. They offer good newer model trucks an lil pay!
Truck Drivet (Current Employee), Ellenwood GaAugust 13, 2013
Pay sucks,im only here bc im new driver and need the experience.one week may be good run,next week it may suck.you have to keep reminding them about home time and the trucks suck,have new drivers come in and get new truck,I been running good run still cant get a new truck.
super service
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2013
pulling a 53ft dry van I mostly ran I-80. I stayed out at months at a time I enjoyed the company. I have learned a lot about what I need to look for when I am out over the road with companies from my previous company
Fast paced work environment.
CLASS A CDL DRIVER (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJuly 18, 2013
Fun and exciting place to work most of the time, but difficult to open communication with dispatching and members of management. Was able to see different regions of the US. Traffic and time restraints made job very challenging.
an alright workplace
Company Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KYJune 28, 2013
kept me moving. hospitable. could use maintananceon their trucks and trailers.
Productive work enviroment
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJune 7, 2013
A typical day at work at Super Service, LLC run reports for CEO, CFO and Corporate Controller. Do work for AP and AR department.
I learned several account practices while I was there. Work mostly with the Corporate Controller on special projects. All of my co-workers were amazing and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was being one step ahead – more... of my bosses thinking of things before they asked for them. The most enjoyable part of my job was everyone I worked with. – less
Started underpaying wages.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MichiganJune 2, 2013
Did not receive any wages for two and a half weeks. VERY unfriendly personnel.
Low pay, long time from family
Driver (Current Employee), Grand rapids,miApril 13, 2013
Pros: lot of break time
Cons: low pay, treated like slave, dont see family, no home time
Constant fight for hometime, average 1800 miles a week, insurance sucks and is 125/ week which means most checks will be less than 400/ week. NOT family oriented At ALL. Only care about the freight getting where its got to go. Screw drivers whenever they can. won't be here next month, taking another opportunity
great place, great people
HR-Recruiter (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMarch 30, 2013
Pros: fun environment
Cons: demanding goals
challenging, yet rewarding work atmosphere. family oriented, strong company
GOOD TRUCKS, GOOD HOME TIME
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMarch 19, 2013
Pros: being able to make money
Cons: being away
OTR AVERAGED ABOUT 2400-3000 MPW MILES PER WEEK
MADE ON TIME DROPS 98% AV
LEARNED HOW TO NAVIGATE ACROSS THE UNTIED STATES
IN OPERATING AN 18 WHEEL TRACTOR TRAILER
HARDESTEST PART WAS BEING AWAY FROM MY FAMILY
MOST ENJOYABLE WAS MAKING MONEY
GREAT JOB
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Augusta, GAJanuary 27, 2013
Pros: long hauls
Cons: truck malfunction
THIS WAS A GREAT POSITION .
FLEXIBLE
GREAT HOURS
GREAT PAY
SOME LONG DAYS
Hostile environment
Former OTT (Former Employee), Ellenwood, GaOctober 8, 2012
Cons: biggest liars in the industry!
Low miles, sit all day waiting on loads, required to show this time as off duty and then run all night with no sleep. Constantly harassed via qualcomm. Have to threaten to quit to get hometime, then they cut your hometime short.

18jpvjikb5ncg8ij – March 24, 2014

Constant fight with driver manager to get home, to get paid for any extra work you may do, such as shuttling mt trailers from one customer to another, taking their trailers to be repaired, etc. You are a truck number to them, nothing more. Long hours sitting with no pay.

18jpvjikb5ncg8ij – June 17, 2014

This company came within one point of being shut down due to safety violations. They monitor your electronic logs and try to bully their drivers into running fatigued. Skim at least 10 - 15 percent of miles off of every load picked up and delivered. They constantly harass over idle time, though you sometimes spend days unpaid, waiting to pickup or deliver. Average load for solo driver is 300 miles or less. THEY DO NOT PAY DRIVER DETENTION, though they lie and say that they do.

not a good place to work (stay away)
Professional Driver (Former Employee), MI,KY,GA,TX,FLAugust 20, 2012
Cons: too many to name.
MY LAST WEEK I RAN 2200 MILES ONLY GOT PAID FOR ONE TRIP. 87.00 I WAS TOLD THAT THE MILES I RAN HAD TO BE PUT ON NEXT LOAD, WITCH CAME AFTER TIME WAS PUT IN FOR THAT WEEK. THATS WHY IT WAS MY LAST WEEK.
Not worth the effort and overall a bad company
Solo Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 2, 2012
Pros: its a place to start if you dont like making money
Cons: not enough freight and trucks plus their shop techs are bad
Brought in under the impression or driving at least 2300 miles a week. in the 6 months i was there, only 1 week i groseed 2300 miles. 98% of my time there was sitting waiting on loads up to 3 days long, inconsistant freight, poor trucks, and dispatch was the worst. This company needs a major overhaul from the ground up.

About Super Service, LLC

Super Service is dedicated to the success of your business. We work hard to be where you need us, when you need us there. Our – Read more

Super Service, LLC Photos