Super Service, LLC Employee Reviews

nice, not like the big company
CDL-A Tractor-Trailer Operator (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYJuly 8, 2017
I actually loved every minute i worked there. so far, they are the only company that hasn't lied to get you in. And , even got an i don't know which was appreciated far more cause they sounded human. They later returned with an answer.
Pros
small, honest
Easy going work atmosphere, typical OTR driving job
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 11, 2017
With any truck driving job/company what makes your experience good or bad depends on, 1. Driver managers, 2. Managers above them, 3. Quality of equipment, 4. Having freight/miles. 5. YOUR attitude. My overall experience was good.
My DM was great, managers above him not so great. Equipment was decent, new trailers were awesome but many old trailers with issues expected from old trailers. The freight was carefully controlled/assigned Which limited a drivers pay. Special note: Safety Office was awesome.
Pros
Steady employment, nice people, easy job
Cons
Freight Managers/Planners, Low miles
steady employment in the trucking industry
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 31, 2017
Positive place to work. Job is as described. Good place to learn the basics of diesel truck repair.

Management is fair and impartial.

Hardest part of job is its unvarying repetitive nature.

1/2 week off is a great benefit.
Pros
3 days off per week with fourty hour schedule.
Cons
difficult to advance position.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  KentuckyMarch 24, 2017
Typical day at super service can be very stressful. Just as in every job, all jobs has its own problems. some you just have to make the best of them and perform your job description to the best of you ability.
Fun place to work
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 23, 2017
Hometime needs a little work.other then that good company to start with.Delivered to up north.performed daily pre trip and post trip.Clean trucks.Nice staff
I started off with a young dispather... He would send me late,wrong
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  KentuckyFebruary 28, 2017
I enjoyed driving over the road . only problem was I had a heart attack while working there, they terminated me when I was released to return back to work. [Black-Balled] with lot's of excuses.
Pros
Good Pay.
Cons
Lot's of Lies.
I've worked for Super Service 3 times, in 3 different ways
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYFebruary 12, 2017
I've worked for Super Service 3 times, in 3 different ways. (1)
as a team driver. That is the only way to work for them. I was off weekends, and had dedicated and the take home pay was great.
(2) I did owner/op, with my husband. That was bad. They charged
us $1500 for the tag and said they would refund the money as soon as they received it. Sent it thru the post office and had them sign for it. I then called them and asked when we would receive the money. They said they wouldn't give it to us, We had at that point worked for 5 months. So now there were able to use that tag on another truck, and do the same to others. The pay wasn't good, because they didn't keep us running like they should. (3). When my husband quit team driving, I continued to work for 2 months by myself. They didn't keep me running, so my pay check dropped by 1/3. I decided I could get a day job for that amount and gave them notice.

I approve of S.S only for Team Driving.
Pros
Only team drive
Cons
owner/op and solo bad
Not fun, they'll try to heep your money
Over the Road Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAFebruary 3, 2017
I worked there for a few weeks, they look for reasons to keep your money, i had a check for 218 dollars, i was supposed to get some of my signing bonus on my first check....haven't seen it, you'll spend a lot of time at the yard, don't waste your time with this company, better options out there!!!
Pros
Cons
Very low starting pay even with experience
was a driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 30, 2017
super service is not a good company to drive for theyll say things that you did that you didnt do id suggest if you want to drive truck go to a different companythey owe me my job back they fired me for no parent reason i did stuff for the company like recover loads plus do my loads didnt even get paid extra for it they let me go this month also theyll take avanage of you
Cons
not a good company
the pay will not take care of your family.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 27, 2017
I worked for this company for 8 mths. Miles are here but only if you have the right dispatcher. I was out for the holidays my choice to make more money. I was beining home 200 dollars a week. I tried to stay. But after I was told I was not getting pay for sitting at a shipper for a complete day.and then I was told that I made the safe bonus. And didn't receive it. That was it. This is not a place to grow. Driver Mangers are like a group of teenagers. No one listened to your needs. Good luck to you ever was to work for such a company.
Pros
Free Lunch if you can make it.
Cons
very long breaks
i loved being a driver , I just wish people would lesson when you no things arnt right
Trick Driver (Former Employee) –  San Atonio TXJanuary 22, 2017
I dont no. If i should write this but. Iam a driver for super ser been there for. 5 yrs. I though i would be there intil. I would retied .but things happen ..I had a codriver with me on my truck that needed more trainimg. .I told my dispatch. Over and over again after many accidents. He had ,and was never brote in for drug testing.ask dispatch for a new partner ,was never given. after a few weeks go by , I. Traded. Places. With my codriver .it was my time behind the Wheel.He loged. Out .and i loged. In .drove to where. I was droping off the trailer . got there. Park the trailer at the dock. Got out of the truck to disconnect the trailer. As i went to put the paper work into the outside. Pockets my. codriver. Pulled the truck away from the trailer. He was,nt. A load to be behind the wheel he was post to be in the sleeper. Next thing you no he jumps out the truck and. Doesn't. Set the air brakes hear the truck rolls back on to me pinning. Me between the truck snd trailer.they life flighted me to a hosp. With broken rib s. , liver. Kiney damage ,my back fracker weeks later. Iam getting out of the hosp.still not able to go to work. its been 1 yr and 4 month. Still on worker comp not getting any better , getting ready to lose my home and the dreams that i had.being a truck driver is gone because. Of. Two people that didnt take the time to leson to me . and yes i feel very up set. With. Super serv because this wouldn't. Have. Hapen if Dispatch. And Safety. Would have taken. This person. Off the truck when i told them he needed. More training.
Pros
its a good job .
Cons
ok
Great for Student Drivers
Director, Recruiting Retention (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 5, 2017
Great place for Student drivers to get their foot in the transportation field. I still refer students when possible and think there are some great folks doing a great job.
Pros
Great coworkers
Great miles which means more money $$$$$
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 4, 2017
You'll get more miles which means more money . When you are sent a pre plan take it no matter how many miles. I've taken an 43 mile load and delivered it. That gave me an 600 mile load. My next load gave me an 800 with a 1200 mile back haul.This job is like any job it's what you make it. Keep your left door closed and run. You'll get more miles which means more money for you.
Pros
Good pay and benefits and miles
Cons
Automatic trucks
current driver
Driver (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 9, 2016
When they give you a preplan you don't except it they except it for you they don't give you any miles they say you can make money here but you don't make any money also the home time I get is ok it's good for people coming out of school
Cons
not a good company
good company
Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaSeptember 19, 2016
home times are terrible, consignees and shippers take forever and loads would be given but then there not be a load that was assigned when you went to pick it up
Super Service - Not such a Bad Company to drive for
Driver (Former Employee) –  Ellenwood, GAJune 27, 2016
Plenty of miles depends are your assigned dispatcher, great pre-plans system, the company has OTR, or South East Regional, great mechanics in Ellenwood GA and Lexington SC terminals , good trucks, great co-workers, problems are not enough empty trailers for drop and hooks spend a lot of time sitting in dock doors! night and weekend dispatch sucks! dispatch mostly works 8a-5p! if you need something at night or on the weekends your screwed especially trying to find an empty trailer! If trailer needed repairs, they had no problem with getting them fixed, just call it in, had problems collecting detention pay though dispatcher! good luck getting home time never got home time as requested! grand rapids Michigan takes care of the drivers if you have a problem!
Drivers get along well, and company encourages good driver interactions....
Pay per mile could be better....Experienced drivers at the time I drove for them was .36 cent a mile.....
If you work out of the Ellenwood terminal, the worst part was having to deal with the Atlanta traffic.....getting to know the heavy traffic time frames, and scheduling your time/load around them if possible is a plus... Super Service needs new and improved trailers! the trailers they do have are in need of repair!
Pros
Safety Meetings in every terminal on Friday's serving Free Lunch for all attending, the meeting are very informative, a lot of good info for the drivers.
Cons
need more trailers!
Good place to Work and Great place to begin as a Student
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 16, 2016
Super Service has a great training program for someone who has a CDL but no experience. They also have a good program for drivers who want to buy a truck. They can get you approved with no money down and no credit check to purchase a tractor. It is not one of their tractors like most other companies. You can take the truck with you if you decide to leave. I get good miles and benefits. Internal support staff is good to work with and they are concerned about me. They are buying new trucks and trailers every year. More importantly their entire management staff cares about my safety and does not talk out of both sides of their mouth. If I feel unsafe or unable to drive all I have to do is let them know. My Driver Manager is great and he really cares about his drivers and their needs.
Pros
Good Miles, Money and Equipment
Cons
Sometimes have to sit waiting on load - But that is with any carrier
TRuth
Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMay 16, 2016
They Basically Fired me Because they want to .. All I ever did was work hard and be Excellent at my job....... So just noting , no matter how good you are at your craft, here it makes no difference ...,..
productive
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Somerset, KYMarch 10, 2016
I would get up and pre trip inspect my truck start it up review my logs see where my next trip was and start my work day I had a good trainer and I learned alot from him management was ok i never seen any coworkers the hardest part of the job was never seeing home the most enjoyable part of the job was driving
Pros
pay check was decent
Cons
very poor home time
Not so bad
administrative (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 15, 2015
I was reading the posts on here about this company and happy to see most drivers are good with their job. Working in the office has its own set of challenges. As long as you work hard, there isn't a problem. To whomever called themselves a saint in an earlier post, that's bold to call yourself a saint. You will drown if you try walking on water. Negativity in a workplace only brings others down. If you personal negative opinions, you need to keep them to yourself.
Pros
Should be glad you have a job
Cons
No cons