Super Service, LLC

Super Service, LLC United States Employee Reviews

good place to get expirence not a career company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: benefits.
Cons: bad weeks, alot of unexpirenced drivers, buracratic corruption.
Unorganized and some hateful management. If you have a family you will not be able to support them due to lots of bad weeks.
You will run good evrey other week, and set the
next. Equipment is decent compared to most but not top notch, dont rely on mechanics at Somerset KY or Ellenwood GA terminals but Grand Rapids MI terminal mechanics are excellent. This was an ok company with expirenced drivers when i started but last 6 months i have seen nothing but fresh un expirenced drivers whom always needed assistance due to poor training. I was the senior driver on my DMs board only being here a yr and 4 months... they cant keep drivers and if you are here over a year they do drawings to fire you. I asked twice when they told me i was fired because of a drawing. My DM informed me that they wont let him keep his good drivers. This is not a company for expirenced drivers its a training company now. So good luck!
Great pay, tons of miles
driver (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIMarch 5, 2015
Pros: tons of miles
Cons: automatic transmissions in some trucks
great place to work, tons of miles, right on the mark for pay.Good DMs are hard to find, the ones here I personally worked with are superior.
payroll sucks
Driver (Current Employee), grand rapidsFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: good place to learn trucking
Cons: pay, time off, inpatient dms
It was okay at first and then my pay kept getting messed up. They pretty much only run you in PA and Ohio. The trucks breakdown all the time. The worst kept secret is the bankruptcy. Communication sucks. The weekend dispatch is horrid.
Super Service; Super Pleased
OTR Driver (Current Employee), Somerset, KYFebruary 6, 2015
Out of the 9 months that I have worked here everything from the training to the home time even my Driver Manager have treated me very well. I have been shown a great deal of respect, and I am on my second Manager and they still get me home when I want. My all out experience with Super Service has been great and I feel like Super Service is a great company to work for. Every company has its ups and downs but Super Service has been good to me and my family!
Good Trucking company, just didn't have a life.
Commercial Solo Truck Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KyJanuary 6, 2015
Just worked all the time with barley any days off, always on the road. The best trucking company I have worked for tho.. Didn't learn anything, didn't work with anyone, I drove everyday..
driving
Truck driver (Current Employee), Ellenwood, GADecember 3, 2014
it's a good job i'm just not home enough with my family. I leave for two to three weeks at a time and there's times i'm gone a month at a time.
easy place to work and make good money
Semi-Truck Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MINovember 6, 2014
pulled 53 foot dry van. team dedicated run for Toyota from brownstown Michigan to San Antonio Texas. 6000 miles a week.
Super Service
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: seeing the united states, meeting new people
Cons: trying to find a parking spot at the end of late shifts. backing
I had a good relationship with my last Driver Manager. I did my best to get loads pickup and delivered on time. My biggest challenge was backing up and getting in tight and busy places. I enjoyed the travel and dealing with the public.

I do believe I would make a good driver manager after experiencing the over the road challenges.
Business Closed
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Doral, FLAugust 10, 2014
The worst management. There was no structure for this business.
That is why this location closed.
Good job for road warriors
Commercial Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 8, 2014
Good job for people who like to travel and can be away from home 2 plus weeks at a time
working at Super service detache you from your family.
Professional Driver & Trainer (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 21, 2014
Pros: great health benefits
Cons: employees overwork
Although this company closed its terminal near my residence, however it was about time to quit myself if the choices were attractive.
It is always difficult to meet my family on a timely manner because there were always be a last minute emergency at the time to go home.
co workers always have a complaint whether it;s good or bad' manager was arrogant, trainees were uncertain,and I was stretched between my school's assignments, work and family.
Nevertheless their health benefits were excellent.this great opportunity kept everybody connected despite unfairness of management. Well! it fed my family.
Bad Communication
Truck Driver (OTR) (Current Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 11, 2014
they do not try to make sure that they can work around issues and emmergencies like a sick child or car broken down
Fight to get home
OTR Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MI (home terminal)March 6, 2014
Pros: i couldn't think of any
Cons: pretty much everything
Upon being hired, I was told I would be out for 10-12 days and home for 3. After being on the road for 3 solid weeks and not being routed home, I asked about going home. I was told, "I'll have to get back to you". I asked about going home every week for 8 weeks and was greeted with the same reply, "I'll get back to you". I was finally routed home after I threatened to unplug the Qualcomm and leave the "Hot" load in the woods some where. It took all of 10 minutes to get a load home after that threat. I am from SC, and every load was between WI, IN, OH, PA, NY, MI, KY, or NJ. My DM refused to get me home. I later learned that there was a weekly run from Camping World in KY to SC every Thursday, and they some how couldn't find me a load home... IN 8 FRIGGIN' WEEKS!!!
The trucks are horrible, with most having 800-900k miles on them and the previous drivers think that by trashing the interiors when they quit, they're hurting the company. Super Service rightfully won't get rid of a truck because the interior smells like a toilet, but they do nothing to insure the truck is ready for another driver.
The mechanics are overworked and underpaid, which leads to low quality work, and hazardous trucks, and Super Service wonders why their CSA score is a 94 out of 100 (the lower the score the better). Your pay is partially based on how many miles your truck has on it, over 700k and they'll give you a couple extra pennies per mile. You will be stopped at every scale in Ohio. Period.
One week you'll have 3000 miles, the next you'll have 1200. The terminals except for Grand Rapids are atrocious. The Driver Managers have far too many drivers to manage, you will be forgotten unless you stay on top of them.
I lasted 6 months and got out. NOT WORTH IT!!! I never complained, and I did my job with a smile, just hoping things would get better. It did not.
great team company
Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KYFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: trucks clean good pay
Cons: company was filing bankrupsy
I enjoyed driving for them I drove otr and dedicated several accounts
Company was going through changes while here
OTR Company Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: close to home
Cons: company in tormil
Owner was forced to sell company while I worked here. Lots of good loads. Lots of east coast
great work place
Team Truck Driver (Former Employee), Somerset, KYAugust 25, 2013
money is good always guaranteed on the Toyota account. as for otr not so good .
i enjoyed the over the road with this company
Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia PaAugust 22, 2013
Pros: home time after two weeks out. nice equipment to drive. nice driver rooms for drivers
Cons: used my last check to tow their truck back. dot rating high!!
When i work for them they was gainey transportation. I thought they was a small trucking company. But they same like all big truck company werner jb hunt ect. A hold lot of bs. Then the log department always saying you need to log all fuel stops. It had to match with log. They watch all drivers that got fuel. Its a headache when you trying to get load to the shipper. Then they beep the Qualcomm asking what your eta. That lie not having force dispatch bs. They do!! If you refuse they fired you. Then getting paid every two weeks was sicking.
Pretty Alright Company
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIAugust 17, 2013
Pros: new trucks
Cons: when the e-log mess up you messed up truck breaks down!
This job was excellent when my baby was working there. They offer good newer model trucks an lil pay!
Truck Drivet (Current Employee), Ellenwood GaAugust 13, 2013
Pay sucks,im only here bc im new driver and need the experience.one week may be good run,next week it may suck.you have to keep reminding them about home time and the trucks suck,have new drivers come in and get new truck,I been running good run still cant get a new truck.
super service
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIJuly 30, 2013
pulling a 53ft dry van I mostly ran I-80. I stayed out at months at a time I enjoyed the company. I have learned a lot about what I need to look for when I am out over the road with companies from my previous company

About Super Service, LLC

Super Service is dedicated to the success of your business. We work hard to be where you need us, when you need us there. Our – Read more

Super Service, LLC Salaries

$35,000 per year
$775 per week

Super Service, LLC Photos

Truck
Always wanting to look sharp!