We develop reward/loyalty software aimed primarily at Universities. This is a growing product, and you would have the ability and opportunity to add real features and shape the future of a major product in use by people around the country. We just moved into a large office on Bardstown Rd, complete with lounge and ping pong table. We're looking to add a web/mobile developer to help build and maintain our products, and create stuff we haven't even thought of yet. We offer a nice salary, and great benefits, like a generous vacation policy, no dress code, and reasonable hours.
You love working in small teams with designers and other developers to create awesome products you're proud to show off and be a part of. You like to contribute and take ownership in projects, and see them through to the end. You hear about new services, and the first thing you check is whether it has an API. You move quickly, with a hack-iterate-hack mentality. You have a love/hate relationship with Rick Rolling.
- Are fun to be around, and want to make work enjoyable (this is number 1 for a reason!)
- Willing to tackle large problems head on
- A strong knowledge of PHP and MySQL. Java and iOS/Objective-C/Cocoa for mobile development are major pluses
- Ability to write standards based, semantic HTML5 and CSS3 and modern layouts using tableless design
- A strong understanding of modern web practices to create an efficient user-experience
- You’ve worked with lots of API's and have a strong opinion about what makes a good API and what doesn’t. You use the words LOVE and HATE to describe them
- Git experience, or similar version control system
- Solid grasp of good object-oriented, asynchronous, and other advanced programming concepts
- Experience and passion for agile development
- Excellent written and verbal skills (you've already found the typo above and it made you cringe when you saw it)
- You should have the ability to create an entire web application that will scale and perform under load
- Knowledge of the social graph and have built something on top of it
- Have experience with jQuery mobile
- E-commerce experience
- You have created neat data visualizations with large amounts of data
- You have strong feelings, one way or the other, towards Apple
- You can name a couple of teams in just about any given conference, still talk about the Boise St. Fiesta Bowl game, and have an opinion on the effect of one-and-dones in college basketball
We're not super picky about experience. BUT, you should have worked on large, database driven web applications, and have a strong portfolio (Github contributions count!).
Ready to take the next step?
Send your resume, portfolio, and a maybe even a video cover letter (bonus points!) telling us why you'd be perfect for the job.
We develop and maintain reward loyalty software aimed primarily at Universities. We're a young, fun company that works hard and is proud of...