SUPERAMERICA Employee Reviews

Very outgoing environment. All coworkers were very friendly.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 11, 2017
Very good job. The environment is fantastic all the coworkers are very friendly and all strive for greatness meaning in order to make a lot of things happen in this particular environment you have to be able to work as a team and they are all very good when it comes to teamwork.
Decent job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rosemount, MNJanuary 20, 2016
Work was fun to go to and the pay was okay for the job duties. There were no benefits, and the hours weren't great. I enjoyed coming to work and being with cool employees.
Pros
Enjoyable job tasks
Good workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 18, 2015
Ive learned a lot while working at super america. There were many different situations that ive learned how to deal with. It was kind of busy most of the times but it taught me how to multitask.
Pros
They help pay for school. Paid every week
Cons
short breaks, health care
It's Productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 25, 2015
It's busy, I work third shift there. I do all the cleaning off the store, stock. I make sure the next shift has everything the need. I also make sure all the customer get what the need, help them if they need it, and make sure they leave with a smile.
Pros
Two free drinks for an eight hour shift.
Cons
Smoke breaks cut into your lunch.
Flowing/active workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 10, 2015
The flow of work was great. There was always something to do when not assisting a customer. However, productivity depended on which co-workers were working the shift.
Pros
Consisten work flow
Cons
Not enough available hours
Decent customer experience position for 18-20 year olds who need the money
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNAugust 20, 2015
In the location of where I am, it is usually very busy. We are 24 hours so we always have people in every hour overnight. I had to learn very quickly how to do my job. It's kind of a learn as you go type of deal.

Some coworkers are unprofessional and don't always teach you how to do things and just expect you to know when you just got there. So no, its not a teaching and helping environment. YOU HAVE TO LEARN QUICKLY AND BE ON YOUR TOES AT ALL TIMES.

Hardest part of the job is the standing for long periods of time. The only time you sit is during your 20 min break but even that gets rushed because they need you to take care of some task before a certain time because its understaffed.

Enjoyable part is the pay of course. Overnight earns $10 rather than the day shift of $9.50. You meet some nice 'regulars'. You have some good experience to add under your belt.
Pros
Benefits available for part time employees like education fund reimbursement, discounts to big name stores and attractions like Mall of America, Flexible hours, Pay raise every quarter
Cons
Short breaks, rough neighborhood, which in turn gets us chewed out because of all the theft, short staffed a lot of the time, so we never get everything finished during a shift but still get chewed out
Nice place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hutchinson, MNMay 31, 2015
I was a manger for super america and all was well until they sold the company to an investment company. They made changes by cutting back on labor and adding more work for the managers.
Not to Shabby
cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNMay 27, 2015
Not a bad place to work, weekly pay is nice able to check pay stub online... able to advance within the company. your also able to wear jeans which is pretty nice if you don't like to dress up
Pros
raise, weekly pay, hours
Cons
carding and lottery
Superamerica overall is a fair company to work for.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Mound, MNApril 1, 2015
Superamerica was a very friendly and fun place to work I really enjoyed it! The pace was fast, the people were friendly, and I liked being a part of such a great team. My boss Josh Starr was a great boss, fair on his expectations and a real motivator.
Pros
The days went by so quick before you knew it your shift was over, My coworkers were great, helpful and always willing to give a hand if I was backed up.
Cons
Very disappointed that I wasn't hired back.
Loved this company!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 26, 2015
I started out at the very bottom of the work ladder there and moved up to an assistant manager by my second year. If given the chance I would work here again.
Little job security and inadequate training.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYJanuary 21, 2015
Felt as if I was left on my own when it came to figuring out day to duties responsibilities and rarely felt as if the job offered in type of security.
Pros
Cons
Rarely recieved breaks and never felt as if the management above me had my best interest at hand.
Great people Great place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNNovember 21, 2014
SuperAmerica was a very friendly and welcoming environment with a lot of diversity. Jack Helmick (now the VP) would stop by the stores quite often to say "Hi". It made me feel like the "big wigs" really cared about us employees.
Productive...
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNOctober 29, 2014
A typical day at work consists of lots of movement. There is maybe about five minutes for down time unless out on break. Helping out the customers, making sure that they find what they are looking for, that all their questions are answered, making people smile before they head off to work or before they head home from work. Also more throughout the afternoon. I have learned that keeping a customer happy, means they will refer their friends & family to this convenient store. That increases our population & satisfied customers.
The management is decent. There are a few cons about the work environment when it comes to the managers doing their job. They only manage to show the Customer Service Reps half of what they are supposed to be doing and basically has them learn on their own how to do the rest. Same with training in the Co-Manager. They are "apparently" supposed to know how to run all the computer systems, the scanner, and running things through Corporate, but in all reality, they have no idea what they are doing... That results in the Store Manager getting upset because they have to "re-show" the Co-Manager how to do their job when they did not even show them in the first place. The co-workers are amazing! Easy to get a long with and never seem to have a problem with them. Until it comes to the Shift Lead trying to train someone in and they keep getting bothered, then it is like they get upset and decide to throw temper tantrums. The hardest part of my job is...making sure that there is always fresh food out during the lunch rush and the dinner rush when there is only
  more... two people working! The most enjoyable part of my job is when my customers and my regulars leave the store satisfied. Also when they come into the store and greet you by name without having to look at your name tag twice.  less
Pros
Fun environment, happy customers/regulars, smiles
Cons
short breaks, not getting the benefits....
Dynamic and fast-paced environment.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNAugust 11, 2014
I began a typical day by identifying what needed to be done to achieve that day's goals. Assigned tasks to team members. Followed up on completion of tasks. Processed invoices for payment. Assisted with guest service. Monitored fuel inventory. Surveyed competitor pricing. Helped maintain cleanliness and organization.

What I enjoyed most was interacting with my guests, getting to know them and satisfying their needs.
Pros
My schedule was conducive to an enjoyable family life
Cons
Phone calls in the middle of the night.
kept me busy
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2014
I stayed busy, i liked my manager and co-workers was a fun environment
Pros
kept busy
Productive Workplace, Good Co-Workers, Higher Management Not The Best
Food Stewardess/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crystal, MNMay 30, 2014
Typically, we had a check list of tasks that needed to be done daily. Including but not limited to general cleaning, stocking of products, assuring the store is presentable. Also, I was more in charge of making sure the fresh bakery items, sandwiches and food were available. I did cashier as well.
I learned that not all companies treat their employees as fairly as they should for the hard work that they do. I also learned that a smile, and a friendly conversation go a long way.
My store manager was great, he was kind, he recognized the work that we did. We had a couple different assistant managers in the time that I was there, no complaints toward them, easy to get along with.
My co-workers were also amazing; personality wise. Some of them I feel like didn't have as good of work ethic as I did, but again, easy to get along with.
The hardest part of the job was probably working with co-workers to figure out who would do what tasks, and who would be primarily cashiering, or doing the task list.
Most enjoyable part was probably getting to know a diverse group of individuals, and our staff meetings were pretty nice too.
Pros
Benefits/ Vacation for FT Employees
Cons
No discounts on food/gas/merchandise, No free fountain drinks
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MNMay 20, 2014
Productive, but there were switches in management often. Flexible scheduling.
Fast Pased, Fun Environment
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMay 13, 2014
Loved working with customers at the register, Im a very energetic person so interacting with everyone was exciting. Ive learned to become a fast paced worker and multitask. My co workers were very easy to get along with and easy going. I don't think the job was hard at all in my opinion, very easy work. Working with people was the most enjoyable part of the job.
N/a
Customer Service Representiative (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MNFebruary 24, 2014
What I learned from working for Super america was how to adapted to a new situation quickly; How to handled cash and credit transactions; successfully applied many different coupons and discounts; able to maintain a balanced drawer throughout my shift.
Overnight Shifts.
Overnight Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ramsey, MNJanuary 31, 2014
I worked overnights by myself. I didn't agree with this process as it was hard to get everything done when you only have two hours between the busiest times for the store to finish everything.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERAMERICA. Our community is ready to answer.