Supercuts Employee Reviews in United States

Stylist (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTAugust 17, 2016
I love what I do and Supercuts provides me a great vehicle to support that passion. We always have a great customer flow unlike other full service salons where you have to wait to build up a clientele. My schedule is flexible so I can do what I need to do outside of work.
I love our guests, and the people I work with are fantastic.The manager is always kind and fair.
Its a great friendly work atmosphere and I wouldn't want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Cash flow everyday, fun and friendly atmosphere, paid holidays, paid vacations, flexible schedule.
Cons
I cant think of any
It's Good Conditionally
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 18, 2016
I'm not a big fan of how corporations treat their employees. Especially in the hair care industry. That being said, Supercuts is not a horrible place to work if you get the right manager or better yet if you work for a franchise. If you don't though it's not bad as long as you can keep up with being forced to do 20+ hair cuts in an eight hour shift. That's normal, right? Oh and heaven forbid you have to use a restroom or need to eat lunch! Management is poor and you are only as good as your numbers.
Ran to the ground by poor manager
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INAugust 4, 2016
I started my career with Supercuts as a new stylist. I was grateful for all the additional training that was offered through the company. The salon was very productive at first and the tips made up for only making minimum wage. Unfortunately, a new manager was promoted and the salon hasn't been the same since. Her lack of professionalism, drive to build the business, and consideration for employees has destroyed business. The turnover rate is obscene and clients have taken notice. It is very unfortunate because Regis and the Supercuts brand are great companies to work for but she'll brainwash you to thinking they're not.
Pros
Base pay, additional training
Cons
Long hours often by yourself
fast pace, fun, environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Avondale, PAAugust 23, 2016
my days at Super Cuts are like a breathe of fresh air. My co workers, the clients, are like family. Everyday i learn something new, whether its a new technique or how to mix different color chemicals to make the perfect color, the hardest part of the job is not actually being able to cut hair, especially when were super busy. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be seeing the clients walk out of the door with a smile on they're face
Supercuts helped my Career.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 2, 2016
I loved working for Supercuts in Corpus Christi, Tx. They trained me and showed me how to cut hair, how to handle customers, and invested in me. I was fresh out of school and did not know how to cut hair & dint even have the right clothes. But management helped me and bought me new outfits for work. I went thru training starting at the front desk then thru haircutting classes. I made a lot of money daily from tips and on my paycheck. I'm not there any more. Got married, moved to Houston and I'm home with babies now.
Pros
Busy shops, good people that i worked with. training and pay and benifits
Cons
flexible with schedule, work 2 nights a week
Run Down of Supercuts stores in Manhattan Beach and North Redondo
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Manhattan Beach, CAJune 6, 2016
-Fun working environment in North Redondo store, okay working environment in Manhattan store

-Learned computer skills, money handling, basic hair cutting techniques

-Poor management; borderline unprofessional at times. In one store, the Shift Manager could be severely unprofessional most times, main manager occasionally immature.

-Wonderful coworkers; felt like having another family!

-Hardest part of job is determining wait times for customers

-Most enjoyable part would be bonding with coworkers and interacting with customers
Pros
Free haircuts and waxing
Cons
Thought this salon would be a better fit because it's busier but you aren't compensated for working your butt off
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  East Haven, CTJune 4, 2016
You work on your feet for hours and only make minimum wage. Most shifts you have to stay past your shift because it is busy and short handed. For a 6 hour shift in CT you are supposed to be allowed a half hour break and an 8 hour shift a one hour break we are not allowed any breaks here. We are so short staffed that your whole shift you have to be on your feet. I have not had one since I have been there. Manager doesn't know how to make a schedule. They care more about selling products then the clients walking through the door. The other comments are correct - it is the McDonald's of hair salons.
Pros
N/A
Cons
N/A
Nobody knows what they are doing
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 19, 2016
Supercuts in tucson is franchised, and they have NO clue on how to run a business. The constant ups and downs and changing rules one day, and than the next day they change it again. They have their favorites, they are completely unfair. They work you to the ground, because nobody wants to continue to work for supercuts because of the Operation manager, and the general managers don't know how to run a business. Every day you work 9am to 7pm, you have no time for your family or yourself, and you have to dedicate yourself to supercuts. Certain manager's would make you clock out, to save hours for the store, but still would want you to work. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Clients, and tips everyday.
Cons
No life, work too much, not enough help, unfair managers, clock out for hours but still work
ok
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
not advaned enough for me. staff not into the companey values. unfair work load, never thank emplyee.not team players.all for them self.lazy.bought lunch to bring staff together at times did not help.not productive staff would take breacks when salon was busy.they wher rude to customers. learn staff was lazy. staff was down on phones. i liked that isold products and did my job people looked and felt good.
Wonderful Coworkers and ongoing education
Manager, Stylist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 12, 2016
Invaluable experience setting up a new salon and recruiting employees. Working with the Franchise development department was enlightening and fun. Learning Paul Mitchell color line from an expert. Lots of products available. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. Hardest part of the job was disciplining staff.
Pros
ongoing education available
Cons
Commission set too high to obtain
great company to work with. helps their employees become professional
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJuly 11, 2016
a typical day at work tends to get really bus. The employees priority is to satisfy the customer. Everyone must keep their station clean and organized, also keep track of time and the appointments. My Co workers are great! Everyone is very respectful and we all work as a team throughout the day.
Professional atmosphere with ongoing education
HAIRSTYLIST/MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2016
I enjoy working with my staff, meeting new people and making my own schedule. The hardest thing about my job is dealing with irate customers once they are upset, it is hard to make them happy again.
Pros
Paid vacation, tips, able to make my own schedule
Cons
No health insurance, taxed credit card tips, no paid holidays
Very solid place to work
Cosmetolgist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 20, 2016
I worked for HK Enterprise, they are a franchisee. They are WONDERFUL people. I wouldn't work for any other, especially the corporate stores. I learned a lot about the industry. There are always contests and promotions for the staff and clients. My co-workers are fantastic! The location I worked at, it is hard to advance. In SW NH there are not many other stores around and the upper management seems to forget we exist.
Pros
Great hourly pay, always busy, benefits
Cons
Very little chance of promtion, incompenent Area Supervisors
Great Company. Awsome Supervisor
Manager (Current Employee) –  Stuart, FLAugust 3, 2016
A typical day at work for me is a busy day since I arrived to the store I have a large volume of guest that visit me on the daily basis for their personal hair needs.
In Supercuts I have learned a lot since the 1st day I walk in in their salons. They're so professional and what I have found interesting is that to be in the market for 40 years they mainly focus on guest service and hair stylists advance training.
The co-workers in my salon are great everyone get alone to each other and we're a great team because team work is what it make everything happen and what make you and the work -place growth.
The hardest day at work is when the computer is down because it delays the check out of the visitors and make a customer wait is something that lower the business down.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when my boss recognize the hard work that all my team does to keep our store in 1st place.
great place to work
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 4, 2016
awesome company to work for customers wer eawesome very family frendly just want something closer to home. my typical day was cutting hair cleaning up hair checking in customers and talking about hair products. also washing capes and towels and shampooing alot of heads
Pros
great peopleto work for customers were great
Cons
to far from my home
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAApril 20, 2016
Love the people I work with. My co workers make my shift go by faster. Co workers teach me a thing or two about color and cutting hair, even tho its not my career. Being the receptionist, lets me communicate and meet people every day. Its a great environment and we all try to get the best of it,
Pros
get to work with great and talented people
Cons
can't give me more hours to work.
Supercuts
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMarch 28, 2016
I got hired with Supercuts when I was a senior in high school, 2004. There were about 6 women working at this location at the time, and all were very nice and helpful. We would have a weekly meeting which helped get everyone on the same track and discuss any issues that anyone might of had. I was the first person a customer would see, and everyone was always greeted with a smile and a hello. My job entitled to clean, sweep, organize, money transactions, train new receptionists, and inventory. The hardest part was not being able to work more hours. I was busy with school so it made it hard to cover someone's shifts. My manager was always understanding if I had a school event and make sure I had time off when I needed it. I loved the staff I worked with and still get my hair cut by one of the stylist with who is now the current manager.
Pros
free haicuts
Cons
the hours
Manage store, cut, color, wax, and style hair
Manager / Stylist (Former Employee) –  Indiana, PAMarch 6, 2016
Typical work day wait on clients, survey inventory, manage cash flow for the day. I learned how to work in a very fast paced environment, multitask, and conflict resolution. Upper management is eager to assist in improving for it's employees and clients. My co-workers were a variation of ages and personalities which made of an interesting and sometimes challenging, but always good. The hardest part of the job was seeing a good stylist go, but knowing they were moving forward.
Pros
Fun work environment, many changes for advancement
Cons
Alot of weekend and evening hours
Great training every six months for new cuts and color.
Hair Stylist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 8, 2016
Using the Supercuts hair cutting system helps you give the same efficient cut every time and enjoyed providing color service to customers.
Pros
Managers provide lunch on weekends
Cons
Limited on other hair products
great place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2016
Great work environment and great people. I love my manager however it depends what store you are at. They teach you how to cut efficiently and its a easier technique then what i learned. they have great color classes and seminars that they pay you to attend. The hardest part of the job i would say is just staying out of drama because you do work with all girls mostly. working with people and doing hair is the best part.
Pros
great staff, great advanced classes, learn alot, great environment
Cons
no raises, lucky if you get a break, hard to get commision, pto not good, health insurance too much money.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9