Supercuts

Supercuts Employee Reviews

good work place
Full-time Receptionist (Current Employee), southaven, mississippiMay 15, 2015
love it! great people great boss! good working environment. easy laid back okay benefits! wonderful customers good for someone in school or college
UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNSTABLE
Former Hairstylist (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 10, 2015
Pros: Good Teamwork, paid vacations
Cons: Terrrible pay, poor managment
I worked with this company for about 3 years. The only reason I stayed was because of the team we had. The Manager was inexperienced and uneducated as to how to properly run a salon. Every week there were changes with the business which contradicted how the salon was already run. The base pay was terrible($7.25/hr) the only good thing was tips. I would advice any stylist that has prior experience to avoid this place unless you are just desperate.
My Day at Supercuts
Stylist (Former Employee), S Park Street The Siena Montclair NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible Times, Long lunch breaks, nice managers
Cons: none
My day at Supercuts. I would usually come in, around 4:00/5:00. Sign in. Help out around the shop. If there were no clients to tend too, I would start cleaning, washing towels, wiping stuff down. Then I would take the next client. Work as hard, and as professional as I can, while also maintaining a clean work place, while also helping clients with retail.
Fun Place to Work.
Hair Stylist/Key Holder (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great Tips.
Cons: Sometimed difficult to meet sales goal when slow.
You meet a lot of people and make new friends. Great vibe and great environment for new stylist. Great area to work at. Great tips.
A friendly and fun environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: I get along will all coworkers, and occasional free lunches.
Cons: working kind of far from home for only 3 hours that day.
Everyday at work in generally the same, because of amazing coworkers I've learned a lot of advice not even just about work, but what they stress about the most is making sure you know, the business can always run without you, if you have a family emergency and can't go to work or any thing you need to handle, things will work out, they will find a way to work around you. My manager is the most understanding manager I've ever had, or even seen. She can understand anything as long as you take time to explain your dilemma. The hardest part of my job is that i work 6 days a week and most shifts are only 3 hours a day, but the most enjoyable part about working here is that I can count on anyone to have my back, like family.
Easy going place to work.
Hairdresser (Former Employee), Bennington, VTApril 22, 2015
Pros: fun enviorment creative contests incentives training
Cons: short staffed. low wage
When working as a team means everything this is the team you want to be on! The girls I worked with were awesome. Corporate had some expectations that were unattainable but for the most part I truly enjoyed the time that I spent working there. When I worked there we were short staffed which made things a little more difficult but the girls and customers were amazing!
Loved working in this salon
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Royersford, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Family friendly
This was a great experience for me to learn the chain salon and how it works. As manager typical day would do bank deposits, order supplies, products, arrange educational seminars in salon, schedules, do clients, and run contest for prizes within the staff.
great place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDApril 6, 2015
overall supercuts is a great place to work for the beginner stylist or the established stylist. not enough pay for the work that you put in but if you are a passionate hair stylist you will love it
Quick money
Stylist (Current Employee), Stoneham, MAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Teammates are great\!
Cons: Hourly pay is super low, only care about pushing products, healthcare too expensive
Quick money and great way to gain experience. Flexible shifts if needed but new schedule every week is hard to balance life outside of work
Worked as a hairdresser
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed moving up in the company. I also liked learning there basic cutting technique. Good people to work with. I opened and closed so I was responsible for depositing. I had keys to the store. Helped with scheduling.
Upper Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: little pay no job security
Upper management in franchise division is very unprofessional and lack appropriate knowledge in the industry. The franchise owner of the supercuts franchise in the new orleans region lacks knowledge of the industry and owns too many franchise stores to manage adequately. Corporate Supercuts owned by Regis corporation is a much better company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2015
Pros: the yearly bonuses along with the store gatherings
Cons: healthcare
SuperCuts was a very interesting place to work at and I always looked forward to coming to work because of the enjoyment that I had being employed with superCuts.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service/Stylist (Current Employee), Dacula, GAMarch 10, 2015
I enjoy the atmosphere and helping people. The management is great and the staff work as a team. A typical day would include providing an accurate haircut for women,men and children, The salon also provides other services such as hair color. The management works hard to give the requested days off by the staff members and that is appreciated. The co-workers all seem to enjoy working with each other and they help each other. The hardest part of the job is that the schedule changes frequently. The part that i enjoy the most is the interaction with all of the variety of people.
Up beat and fun working environment
HAIRSTYLIST/ BARBER (Former Employee), West MelbourneMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: doing perms
very good co-workers who are compassionate and helpful. good costumers who are warm and enthusiastic. The continuing education class is wonderful. you get to use your creativity to perform wonderful and unique hairstyles.
Receptionist /Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 7, 2015
typical day at work consisted of checking clients in and out, keeping front desk area clean, restocking shelves with products, handling inventory.
Hairstylist
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAMarch 3, 2015
As a hairstylist I cut, color, treat, and style hair. I also perform job-related duties such as cleaning, organizing, laundry, scheduling of appointments, answering the phone, and provide excellent customer service to guests. I work both independently and as a team player with other stylists.
good place to work at
Manager (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: hourly pay plus tips
Cons: work every weekend
if your looking to learn new things work here.
hourly pay is good you an build a following.
management is good but every manager is different.
hardest part is when no one has a team work mentality. best part you make money
Productive fun work place
Hairstylist (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: it was nice that there was a sprouts right next door
Cons: no breaks, minimum wage
A typical day at work would be waiting for clients to come in.
I learned a lot of cutting techniques, peoples different personalities.
Management was very laid back, hardly there.
My co-workers were like family to me, it was just us 3 all the time.
The hardest part of the job was probably when rushes came in, we would never get breaks. It got a little stressful at times, even when there was a line out the door and just 3 people working.
The most enjoyable part of the job were my clients and all the friendships that were made.
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Columbus NeFebruary 22, 2015
It is a good place to work, but hardly ever scheduled 40 hrs a week. Usually scheduled 30-35 and when not busy have to go home so then getting less hours. Open Sundays and I would rather not work on Sundays. Open til 9pm I am looking for a fulltime day job.
productive work place
Receptionist/ Hairstylist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: having a good work team
Cons: no benefits, low pay and not enough hours
I love working here , most days were very busy and very productive, I cant stay without doing anything so it helped that when we were slow I had so much to do. Folding towels, cleaning, washing etc. I learned a lot of people skills, how to handle bad situations and always put your heart into your work. I have always been able to get along with all coworkers , and learning from each other. The most enjoyable part of this job was making people feel better about them selves and making people happy by just trimming there hair.

1 2 3 4 5

About Supercuts

Although Supercuts styles itself as a neighborhood unisex hair salon, the chain targets male clients who want convenience (no – Read more

Supercuts Salaries