Supercuts

Supercuts Employee Reviews

Face Paced work environment
Beautician/Shift-Manager (Current Employee), Chatham, NJJune 29, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, Culture
I have great co-workers and working at Supercuts is enjoyable. I have learned how to communicate with everybody. I have also learned how a corporate business works.
It was a great experience
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Edmond, OKJune 28, 2015
Learning continuing your education was great. Learn color and haircutting, waxing, and new styles. They had all the tools to achieve the look you wanted.
consistant pay, and always busy
Stylist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2015
provided education
nice people
great walk ins
Fast pace environment
Cosmetologist, Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Williston, VTJune 15, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Over worked and under paid. Always on my feet
Very nice place to work. Very fast pace. Cut hair most of the time, do facial waxings as well. A lot of customer service and selling retail.
Not enough hours
Stylist (Former Employee), Salem, MAJune 13, 2015
Again, this company did not provide enough hours to make a decent living. Maximum hours were 20 hours. Work life balance was good and is a fun place to work.
productive, fast pace, comfortable environment
Stylist (Former Employee), Lakeside, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, commission, client connection, great co workers
Cons: short breaks, long hours on your feet
A typical day is fairly busy, and i love that! I have learned from working there that i have wonderful people skills and I excel in customer service and satisfaction. I am a hard dedicated worker. I loved the manager, very easy to communicate to, and i think that is a vital trait to have as a manager. The hardest part of the job was, because of the high volume of clientele walking through the door, breaks were few and far between and you do get tired, but i have learned to push through it and it is actually beneficial. The most enjoyable part for me is the client to stylist connection. You attain such wonderful customers who are loyal and want to come back and see you, and to me, that was so gratifying.
SuperCuts
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Arnold, MOJune 8, 2015
Pros: Job Experience
Cons: No Breaks
Typical day open up the salon, count the money enter in stats into count book, sweep, mop, make new barbercide and brush cleaner, check towels, do laundry,and turn on open sign and lights, cut hair, color, hair, Ect...
A very good place to start out at as a new stylist entering the feild of cosmetology and barbering. On the job paid training was very helpful
Stylist / barber (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2015
Very good starting point as a new stylist. Paid training and guaranteed clients because of it walk in scheduling. Very flexible hours and hours giving. A large number of Supercuts so transferability is no problem.
PRODUCTIVE
Receptionist (Former Employee), HONOLULU, HIJune 2, 2015
Pros: ALWAYS BUSY
Cons: STYLIST CAN BE GOSSIPY AND FIGHT OVER COMMISSION ON RETAIL. (IT'S QUITE EMBARRASSING).
I LIKE TO BE OCCUPIED AND BUSY AT WORK. THERE WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE DONE HERE. THE CUSTOMERS WERE ALWAYS PATIENT AND FRIENDLY. THE WEEKENDS CAN REALLY GET CRAZY ESPECIALLY ON SUNDAYS. BUT AS LONG AS YOU PAY ATTENTION TO TICKETS, APPOINTMENTS, AND WALK-INS AND KNOW HOW TO MAKE SURE THINGS FLOW WELL, YOU SHOULD BE FINE. REALLY CHILL AND EASY PLACE TO WORK.
Professional, welcoming atmosphere that offers the quality of our services
Part time Stylist (Current Employee), LodiMay 19, 2015
Great atmosphere, poor management. Co workers are great, we all give our 100% each day. The hardest part of this job would be dealing with the management. The most enjoyable part, I enjoy putting a smile on every customers face. I learned to be confident and this job has been beneficial to my customer service skills.
good work place
Full-time Receptionist (Current Employee), southaven, mississippiMay 15, 2015
love it! great people great boss! good working environment. easy laid back okay benefits! wonderful customers good for someone in school or college
UNPROFESSIONAL AND UNSTABLE
Former Hairstylist (Former Employee), Beaumont, TXMay 10, 2015
Pros: Good Teamwork, paid vacations
Cons: Terrrible pay, poor managment
I worked with this company for about 3 years. The only reason I stayed was because of the team we had. The Manager was inexperienced and uneducated as to how to properly run a salon. Every week there were changes with the business which contradicted how the salon was already run. The base pay was terrible($7.25/hr) the only good thing was tips. I would advice any stylist that has prior experience to avoid this place unless you are just desperate.
My Day at Supercuts
Stylist (Former Employee), S Park Street The Siena Montclair NJMay 8, 2015
Pros: Flexible Times, Long lunch breaks, nice managers
Cons: none
My day at Supercuts. I would usually come in, around 4:00/5:00. Sign in. Help out around the shop. If there were no clients to tend too, I would start cleaning, washing towels, wiping stuff down. Then I would take the next client. Work as hard, and as professional as I can, while also maintaining a clean work place, while also helping clients with retail.
Fun Place to Work.
Hair Stylist/Key Holder (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAApril 27, 2015
Pros: Great Tips.
Cons: Sometimed difficult to meet sales goal when slow.
You meet a lot of people and make new friends. Great vibe and great environment for new stylist. Great area to work at. Great tips.
A friendly and fun environment
Receptionist (Current Employee), Roseville, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: I get along will all coworkers, and occasional free lunches.
Cons: working kind of far from home for only 3 hours that day.
Everyday at work in generally the same, because of amazing coworkers I've learned a lot of advice not even just about work, but what they stress about the most is making sure you know, the business can always run without you, if you have a family emergency and can't go to work or any thing you need to handle, things will work out, they will find a way to work around you. My manager is the most understanding manager I've ever had, or even seen. She can understand anything as long as you take time to explain your dilemma. The hardest part of my job is that i work 6 days a week and most shifts are only 3 hours a day, but the most enjoyable part about working here is that I can count on anyone to have my back, like family.
Easy going place to work.
Hairdresser (Former Employee), Bennington, VTApril 22, 2015
Pros: fun enviorment creative contests incentives training
Cons: short staffed. low wage
When working as a team means everything this is the team you want to be on! The girls I worked with were awesome. Corporate had some expectations that were unattainable but for the most part I truly enjoyed the time that I spent working there. When I worked there we were short staffed which made things a little more difficult but the girls and customers were amazing!
Loved working in this salon
Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Royersford, PAApril 9, 2015
Pros: Family friendly
This was a great experience for me to learn the chain salon and how it works. As manager typical day would do bank deposits, order supplies, products, arrange educational seminars in salon, schedules, do clients, and run contest for prizes within the staff.
great place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDApril 6, 2015
overall supercuts is a great place to work for the beginner stylist or the established stylist. not enough pay for the work that you put in but if you are a passionate hair stylist you will love it
Quick money
Stylist (Current Employee), Stoneham, MAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Teammates are great\!
Cons: Hourly pay is super low, only care about pushing products, healthcare too expensive
Quick money and great way to gain experience. Flexible shifts if needed but new schedule every week is hard to balance life outside of work
Worked as a hairdresser
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed moving up in the company. I also liked learning there basic cutting technique. Good people to work with. I opened and closed so I was responsible for depositing. I had keys to the store. Helped with scheduling.

1 2 3 4 5

About Supercuts

Although Supercuts styles itself as a neighborhood unisex hair salon, the chain targets male clients who want convenience (no – Read more

Supercuts Salaries