Supercuts

Supercuts Employer Reviews

Good company to work for as a beginning.
Hair stylist & Shift manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2014
Supercuts worked with me and help me refine techniques.
The shop was new when I started, just two us working. We did a little of everything, from book work and scheduling to cleaning and customer development.
The most difficult par the job wasn't return clients schedule I advance.
Great enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee), La Quinta, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: everyone was welcoming
Cons: benefits
Everyday i would perpare the chemicals to clean the combs, brushes, and clipper gards. I also prepared the stylist stations such as cleaning, organizing, and stocking with brushes and neck ties. I learned a lot working at supercuts like being a great listener to help reslove cutomers` complaints regarding products or services. Another inportant thing – more... i learned is collecting money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipts. – less
Great atmosphere to work with great co-workers
Hair Stylist/Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the happiness on my clients faces! Great co-workers make a huge difference in the work atmosphere. I was lucky to have such amazing employees!
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2014
Cons: short breaks and busy weekends
Working for Supercuts can be very fun when you have co workers that are willing to work as a team. You meet some great customers and become close to some. It is a great work environment and place to work.
A good work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Republic, MONovember 29, 2014
Pros: loved talking to people
Cons: having to count your tips as earned income.
I liked working at Supercuts. I married moved over 50 miles away. To far to drive. At the time the state made it a law that you had to count your tips. I didn't think it was fair, but I'm not going to lie either!! That is my reason for quitting .
Very productive and great place to work
Stylist/Shift Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2014
Pros: the value of my work and on going classes that was given to keep my skills atuned .
Cons: other then a turn over rate of employees nothing was to negative.
Typical day at work was team work and great customer service from everyone. I learned many productive skills to carry on through out my career as a hair stylist. Many classes were given to encourage us to better and tone our skills in the business. I got along with my co-workers we worked as a team. The times when the shop didn't have the workers we – more... needed to function properly since at times there was turn over rate. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pride I got from it giving someone a great experience and making them leave feeling good that they felt and looked better to themselves. – less
This job made me dislike doing hair.
HAIR STYLIST AND SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 17, 2014
Pros: tips, being creative
Cons: hours, denied vacation, hourly pay
The company itself does not care about you as a person.All they care about is making money. They will make you come in when you have the flu, the chicken pox, they do not care about your well being. They will not give time off and will not pay out vacation time which causes you to lose your hard earned vacation days. Working with all women who are catty – more... is not fun either. It is hard to not get talked about. – less
Enjoy meeting new people
Shift Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: seasonal profit
Provide haircare services and retail product. I love meeting new people from all around the world and learning about them and where they are from. My coworker got alone for the most part with very interest and out going personallities. The hardest part of my job was traveling between different stores at the last mintue.
Alot of fun and hardworkers.
Hair Stylist/ Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun, learn alot, always busy
Cons: must make numbers, can't have family problems or be out because of them
Supercuts is a franchise so you are more of a number then an actual asset as a person. The supercuts team was amazing women but the above management does not care about them individually. They just look at you as a number to raise their numbers.
Fun and ejoyable work environment
Hairstylist/Key holder/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CANovember 8, 2014
Typical day would be opening store, preparing salon for the day. Making sure we are well stocked with clean implements for guests. Performing haircuts/color through out day.
I've learned a lot at supercuts. I believe in their foundation and their techniques to carry out a specific look.
Supercuts is a pretty good to start out as a new stylist
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Newport News, VANovember 5, 2014
Pros: paid on going training to keep up with the newest trends
Cons: short or no break because of busy business.
A typical day can range anyways from me standing and walking around a chair, talking to clients about their hair needs. Talking with coworkers about the day. Same days I go with out a meal break because we are that busy. But the joy in the client's eye when they walk out with the new style or color is worth it.b
Great work enviroment
Hair stylist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 5, 2014
Pros: knowledge
A great work experience. Fun days with lots of productivity. enjoyed the experience.
Supercuts was a good starting place in the salon industry
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice clientele
Cons: not busy enough
I was ready to work somewhere a little more edgy. Overall it was a good experience and I learned a lot.
Most professional place to get your hair cut for all hair textures
Barber Stylist (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, NcOctober 20, 2014
“Great place to learn and grow your skills. I learned a LOT, and worked with some of the smartest people on earth.”
Relaxed Workplace with nice customers
Barber Stylist (Former Employee), Chapel Hill, North CarolinaOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at super cuts was really calm and relaxed, sometimes busy depending on the weather,
approachable manager
Cashier (Former Employee), Santa Fe, NMOctober 14, 2014
computer generated "ring-outs" for each customer. Learned how to operate a cash register and money transactions.
Pleasant Coworkers
Manager (Former Employee), Acworth, GAOctober 14, 2014
Cons: health care, poor 401k
Being apart of a franchise has its ups and downs. The downs I experienced were with upper management. Decisions were made that crippled some salons while others gained. Upper management had favorite locations, making calls that benefited those shops. But crucified the others for lack of performances. They set opportunity's for bonuses but made it just – more... enough out of reach it was rare any salon out of the "favorites" hit such goals. GM and the franchise owner showed no care to give the proper tools to help the other salons flourish. As for the company name Super Cuts, which provides great education and continue to go forward so to keep up with growing trends, whether the franchises follow their guild lines well I cant promise all do. I fortunately worked with a very pleasant team; who cared and worked together for the greater good of the clients and isn't that what its all about, the clients! I wish the franchise I worked for had that as a main concern. – less
awesome job
Stylist (Former Employee), Livingston, NJOctober 9, 2014
loved it, trained very well and treated their employees very well.
Learning experience
Cosmetologist (Former Employee), Daphne, ALOctober 8, 2014
I performed Client hair services, customer service at an advanced level and product sales.
A good place to start
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), FloridaOctober 8, 2014
Pros: busy, tips, education
Cons: scheduling requirements, 2 evening shifts and weekends every week
You receive continued education. It is a Paul Mitchell signature environment , meaning you use their techniques, color and back bar, but sell other brands in store. The pace is fast, never sit for very long.

The Manager schedules things and then changes them weekly without notice. You show up late, not at all or on the wrong shift without realizing.

1 2 3 4 5

About Supercuts

Although Supercuts styles itself as a neighborhood unisex hair salon, the chain targets male clients who want convenience (no – Read more