Supercuts Employee Reviews

Busy, fast paced work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Supercuts was a great place for me to begin my training. The place was typically very busy from the moment you clocked in. It provided me with a lot of experience, and helped me become more efficient. I learned a lot about promoting retail and educating clients on product usage. I had a lovely team of stylists to work with that i soon called family. We all worked together and made the most out of every work day. The management was often fluctuating however, which made some days difficult. My favorite part of working there was all of the amazing guests that came through the door. I now have a lot of clients from working here!
Pros
Continuing education, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Difficulty maintaing stylists and Managers.
Ran to the ground by poor manager
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INAugust 4, 2016
I started my career with Supercuts as a new stylist. I was grateful for all the additional training that was offered through the company. The salon was very productive at first and the tips made up for only making minimum wage. Unfortunately, a new manager was promoted and the salon hasn't been the same since. Her lack of professionalism, drive to build the business, and consideration for employees has destroyed business. The turnover rate is obscene and clients have taken notice. It is very unfortunate because Regis and the Supercuts brand are great companies to work for but she'll brainwash you to thinking they're not.
Pros
Base pay, additional training
Cons
Long hours often by yourself
Busy ,productive, ok atmosphere
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJanuary 1, 2017
It was okay too much fabricating and not enough proving factual evidence and favoritism. At the beginning it was an awesome place to work but you can't get ahead in there. Almost impossible to earn your raise and they took away vacation time and made it to where we had to earn that too. The newest manager is unprofessional and unfair and in competition with her coworkers.
Unprofessional staff, terrible management
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CASeptember 16, 2016
I worked their for two years, some employees were unprofessional, bullies, and disrespectful. I would go to management with a complaint about a bullying stylist and would be told they could not do anything about it. Certain stylists would talk bad about clients to other clients, talk bad about stylist to other clients. Very unprofessional. Management,district leader of this store in specific were extremely unprofessional. No real benefits
Supercuts helped my Career.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 2, 2016
I loved working for Supercuts in Corpus Christi, Tx. They trained me and showed me how to cut hair, how to handle customers, and invested in me. I was fresh out of school and did not know how to cut hair & dint even have the right clothes. But management helped me and bought me new outfits for work. I went thru training starting at the front desk then thru haircutting classes. I made a lot of money daily from tips and on my paycheck. I'm not there any more. Got married, moved to Houston and I'm home with babies now.
Pros
Busy shops, good people that i worked with. training and pay and benifits
Cons
flexible with schedule, work 2 nights a week
womderful workplace
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 9, 2016
Overall my experience with super cuts was a pleasure, and the employees and management was wonderful as well, money was decent but not enough for me to pay a decent amount of bills. Over all no complaints.
Pros
as long of a break i need
Cons
no health care benefits and pay is not so good
Very solid place to work
Cosmetolgist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 20, 2016
I worked for HK Enterprise, they are a franchisee. They are WONDERFUL people. I wouldn't work for any other, especially the corporate stores. I learned a lot about the industry. There are always contests and promotions for the staff and clients. My co-workers are fantastic! The location I worked at, it is hard to advance. In SW NH there are not many other stores around and the upper management seems to forget we exist.
Pros
Great hourly pay, always busy, benefits
Cons
Very little chance of promtion, incompenent Area Supervisors
Fair with schedule
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYNovember 17, 2016
Loved the people I worked with and the customers, management really needs a tune up at that specific store. The company offers good benefits in the long run, however, I was not happy only getting paid twice a month.
Fast paced and fun work enviornment
Hair Dresser and Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKOctober 8, 2016
I love working for Supercuts, overall great company.
A typical day the can fluctuate, we have busy spurts and we have slow times. During the slow times a lot can be done, keeping the store clean; such as retail shelves, towels to be folded, and other cleaning duties. Our busy times, it is constant flow and there is no time to rest, to make sure we are providing the most efficient service in a timely manner.

Management: My general manager has taught me what it takes to a team together. Also, maintaining daily goals, corresponding to emails and customer concerns. Coordinating monthly staff meetings. Ordering supplies ( office supply, color and retail)

The hardest part of managing is documentation. Verbal warnings or write ups. I don't like getting on to others but I am by the book when it comes to company policy.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and establishing relationships. I enjoy being around other but also can work alone.
Pros
Great encitives and fun motivating contests
Cons
short breaks
Productive and entertaining workplace.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 30, 2016
A typical day at work would include servicing guests, cleaning, and also ringing out guests. I have learned to cut and color hair proficiently and I have also learned quite a bit more about customer service. Management is very good within the salon; however, trying to travel up the chain of command is quite difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing guests leave with exactly what they wanted and what they came for.
Great Job for beginners!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 15, 2017
This job will give you the skills you need to do great haircuts. This was my first job of out of Cosmetology School. It gave me the confidence to do men's cuts!
Pay is not exciting, it was basically minimum wage plus tips which vary.
Overall I enjoyed this job but this is not somewhere you want to work for too long. I stayed for 6 months!
Pros
Good Experience learning haircutting
Cons
No benefits, Low pay
Good hairdresser do NOT work for supercuts!!!
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 7, 2016
Management is really bad, no respect,treat stylists unfairly,cut your working hours as they want. Even some higher managers are very unprofessional, they do not like good skills and beautiful stylists work with them.
They do not care the stylist doing good job or not, they just want you be a their cutting MACHINE,always running the same!
If you are a good hairdresser, Do NOT work for supercuts!!!
Pros
Tips good from hard works
Cons
no respect, cut your hours, treat stylist unfairly, bad management.
It's Good Conditionally
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 18, 2016
I'm not a big fan of how corporations treat their employees. Especially in the hair care industry. That being said, Supercuts is not a horrible place to work if you get the right manager or better yet if you work for a franchise. If you don't though it's not bad as long as you can keep up with being forced to do 20+ hair cuts in an eight hour shift. That's normal, right? Oh and heaven forbid you have to use a restroom or need to eat lunch! Management is poor and you are only as good as your numbers.
Great Customer Oriented Hair Salon
Salon Manager and Stylist (Current Employee) –  Coralville, IANovember 28, 2016
The Stylist are specially trained an additional 50hrs of hair cutting and coloring techniques. This Franchise of Supercuts is very detail oriented and specified to cater to the customers hair styling needs.
Pros
great staff, and location, Open door management
Cons
no healthcare
Amazing company with great benefits
Salon Manger (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 20, 2017
This company takes great care of the employees and has endless amount of benefits to offer. Paid continued education to teach the latest and greatest styles.
I Love My Supercuts
Shift Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 16, 2016
I spent just shy of 11 years with Supercuts and loved every minute of it. The only reason I haven't returned to the company is because I haven't attained a license for the state in which I currently live. There is great growth for driven stylist. Continuing education is on going within this company. Yes you are taught a certain cutting technique but there is a method to the madness and you'll be happy you learned it. The only downside to the job is working with stylist that are just there for a job, not to make the customer experience or atmosphere a positive one.
Great place to work with an outstanding staff
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Kingston, MANovember 8, 2016
An extremely friendly environment to work in. Employees care about each other along with the service they provide for the customers. Everyone is always working together as a team. Great management.
Pros
Paid vacations, sick time, 30 minute break each shift
Cons
No set schedule
Okay place to work
Manger/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Yukon, OKOctober 6, 2016
As management you definately got overworked. There is a certain limit to who and how someone gets a job with such a large corporate organization. Training was great. They have had the same educator for so many years that she remembers stylist children from when they were born
Pros
off major holidays
Cons
would hire anyone
Fun workplace, slow at times
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2016
This job was my first job and it made me break out of my shell. My coworkers and I formed a Supercuts family and it was very fun going into work. The management at my particular Supercuts were an amazing group of women and I would not be able to find anything bad to say about them!
This job was all multitasking. If you are not a great multitasker this won't be the job for you!
Pros
Work environment, management, upbeat
Cons
Slow at times, no tips
Great environment and start off job
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 5, 2017
-Wonderful manager and coworkers
-Not too busy during the week but weekends get crazy
-People will be rude for no reason, sometimes you'll be standing up all day, you will work a lot of weekends, if not all, people will walk in 5 minutes before closing (and we have to take them), but at the end of a hard days work, it'll pay off
-Satisfied customers (most of the time), great tips (most of the time), slower days (good and bad), funny and enjoyable coworkers to help you get through the day
Pros
Tips, flexible schedule, small staff, fluctuating pay
Cons
Working every weekend, closing alone occasionally, small staff, fluctuating pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.