Supercuts

Supercuts Employee Reviews

Hair salon receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of making appointments for multiple stylists, greeting customers and keeping the salon clean and presentable. I learned excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and for my manager.
nice people,good work
Manager-Barber /Stylist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 27, 2016
Good customer service,good money in retail products and flexible schedules.
customers like to receive discounts in retail and services,
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Great place to build a clientelle and learn mens cuts
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 21, 2016
Consistent clientele, decent shifts, when I started the only thing I could do with clippers was take them apart I was finally taught how to properly do clipper cuts. Down side was being told I was part of a team and not having any team players, depending on how she woke up Manager would tell me I was doing real good and 3 days later I wasn't consistent. Favoritism hard core, being harassed every other week, the constant gossiping and talking about each other. OOO and the way they spoke about clients especially manager acted like she was better than her job. One stylist wouldn't even acknowledge my presence mind you a grown woman with kids. Thank goodness when my district was short staffed and I was asked to help out 2 other stores.... Imagine my surprise when not one person had an issue or problem with my work or personally.
Pros
clientele, decent shift
fun atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2016
busy days at work on weekends.
i learned they help you if your new on the floor. everyone was friendly and helpful. Hardest part would be they didn't work with my schedule.
Sanitary work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2016
Since we had just opened the salon, it was usually very slow. A normal day consisted of making sure product was lined up on the shelves and the floors were well kept and free of hair. The manager was amazing and always encouraged us to learn in our free time by watching product and demonstration videos. My coworkers liked to have a good time at work, which could be good and bad. I will never say anything bad about any of them. The hardest part of the job was not making enough money due to lack of clientele. The most enjoyable part was making every client's day when they sat in my chair.
Pros
amazing owners, great management, community outreach opportunities
Cons
no vacation time, no steady clientele
Great work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 13, 2016
I worked here right out of school. I really learned a lot from my manager about different ways to cut and style clients hair. I enjoyed working here and got along with my co workers
Productive and fun work place.
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Great company to start your hair styling career, You may end up doing 20-30 hair cuts on a busy day, you will learn fast. Other days can be slow, which I prefer to keep busy.The most enjoyable part of the job is the team work and the and client's .
Pros
paid vacations after 1 year, paid holidays.
Cons
Slow days are long .
Never a dull moment
receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Customers and employees had a great relationship. I thoroughly enjoyed working here. The hours were great and the free haircuts I received was even better
work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 7, 2016
cutting coloring hair. I have learned a lot as they do have training classes. As long as you love your job that is all that should matter.
poor management
Hairstylist, front desk (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Manager was very unprofessional, and rude in many different circumstances. Was unhappy with how i was treated as an employee. No real encouragement in job skills.

Want to know more about Supercuts?

Ask a question
Fun work enviroment
Customer Service Manager /Case Mangement (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 28, 2015
Work to create a style customer service is very important in this job. I learned to use my time management skills and multitask. I can now build a great team of stylist with good work ethic to take to any employer. The hardest part of this job was the high rate of turn over in the industry. I enjoyed this job because it allowed me to communicate and build my customer service and management skills.
Pros
Good team leader
Cons
no health insurance
many days without a day off in between
Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 26, 2015
long hours without breaks, monthly meetings, very good and informative hands on classes and meetings. A typical day was handling all customers with a professional attitude and service with a smile and great hairstyling.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
short breaks, upper mgmt very disconnected with stylist
Good company to work for
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  LADecember 23, 2015
Great chances for advancement, benefits are good, lots of vacation time, co workers are great, always busy, fast paced and tips are very good,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
open 7 days a week
stylist/ costumer service
stylist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 20, 2015
enter clients in the computer. call the clients back to my station. do a haircut or color or style on the client. when finish walk the client to the register, where I would total out their service. take their money, and return their change. clean up my station. and repeat this all day. at the end of the day total out the register. count the cash in register. clean up salon and get the salon ready for the next day.
Pros
clients
Cons
bad money and benefits and bad hours
Receptionist Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 15, 2015
The day I would have is cleaning the shop, cleaning the stations for the hairstylists and maintaining it throughout the day. Also had to make sure the product was fully stocked and taking inventory on what we had and what needed to be ordered. Plus making sure the towels were washed, dried, and put away along with the combs the stylists will be using. And lastly, ringing up the customer for their haircut. I learned you have to stay busy and there's always something to do for that. The managers and coworkers were nice and easy to get along with. Most enjoyable moment I had while working there was when I learned how to make coffee for everyone for the first time. Never done it, and it was pretty amazing to please the stylists in that way.
High School Job
PART-TIME RECEPTION (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 14, 2015
Worked part-time. 12hr shifts on the weekends. It was a decent learning experience. Get there, clean the store, fill the register, attend to clients.
Pros
Decent first job.
Cons
Short breaks, 100% on your feet
Its ok
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 13, 2015
I didnt work here for long. The best thing about it was my paid training (I went through 2 weeks at their academy) and their cutting comb. :) During my training they actually had men from the local jail come in to get their hair cut. It was very creepy. I would have rather cut hair for the homeless.

Most of the cuts you will do while working here are men and children. You need to be good with clippers and be able to cut hair fast. Its kinda like being in beauty school without the shampoo sets.

I think its a good job to get your feet wet, but wont be something great long term. My manager was ok. She was super young but she was really good at cutting hair.

Overall if you're desperate for money its an ok job.
Great place to start and gain experience
Hairstylist / Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 10, 2015
Supercuts (GG Enterprises) is an excellent place to start as a hair stylist fresh from school. They put you through extensive training classes for both hair cutting and coloring to ensure perfect results on each guest. We constantly had seminars and classes for the most current looks and trends in the business and techniques for achieving those looks. The only negative that I found with the company was that we constantly had to worry about meeting money quotas for the salon, so much so that I felt it took away from the fun of just doing hair. We also were under strict instruction not to take our loyal guest with us should we leave and work in another salon, so it's difficult to build a clientele. Otherwise it was a great place to gain experience and knowledge.
Hairstylist
Hairstylist/ Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PADecember 7, 2015
I liked my coworkers, I liked the position. The hardest part of the job was standing almost my whole shift. The most enjoyable thing at the time were the people you would see everyday.
Pros
My coworkers and management
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced rewarding job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLDecember 4, 2015
I was the manager of the shop, I was in charge of inventory, scheduling, selling hair care products, answering the phone, making sure all ran smoothly.