Supercuts Employee Reviews

Good place to work very laid back
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2015
A very good place to work with a lot of chances to advance in the company. There continuing education program is very good. This place is a good start if you're just out of school.
Don't run with scissors
Professional Hair Stylist (Former Employee), evanston illinoisJuly 28, 2015
Pros: haircut specials
Cons: open on holidays
My day began with coffee with the girls and usually a tasty pastry wit the talk of what our day looked like. My knowledge of hair skin and nails was broadened through the work of self and others. My co-workers were pleasant and helpful and very compassionate about the work they did as well as I. The hardest part of the job was achieving a look for someone who didn't have the facial profile it needed to accomplish this goal. The most enjoyable part was the children and their ability to have an opinion while getting there hair cut it was a good felling to listen to the parents but also fit the needs of the child as well.
Great company to work at
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Hatillo, Puerto RicoJuly 27, 2015
Pros: one of the few hairstyling companies that pays by hour
It was a nice company to work with. They have a lot of benefits for the employees and a lot of opportunities to grow in the industry of beauty.
Good Stepping Stone
Student Educator (Current Employee), Springfield, PAJuly 27, 2015
You don't have to worry about getting fired for simple things which makes you feel secure with employment. There is only so far up you can go in the company and you don't get much of a salary increase when you do advance.
Get to interact with people everyday
Asst. Manager- November (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Breaks anytime, PTO after the first year.
Cons: Benefits and management
Typical day at super cuts can be a hit or a miss, all depends on the location and the management. When you get hired on you go to a training for a week called HSA after that you go back to do a color class after your probation area and that is only 3 days, it is fun when you have the right concept of the industry.
GREAT PROFESSIONAL training
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Training, Education, Christmas Party, Gifts
Cons: Pay, Hours, Schedule, upper managment
Great company to start career with.
Fantastic training and education.
Poor upper mng.
Promote / Demote a lot - not very secure unless just a stylist.
lot of training / no follow through
Receptionist / Hairdresser (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJuly 15, 2015
Pros: busy location
Cons: sells products not needed
The training is extensive but although I learned some new techniques, they are more concerned with all the employees using the same techniques as opposed to sharing ideas to advance the quality of the employees' product. Also, they force employees to sell clients products they don't need just to reach the sales goals, and frown upon the employees that don't meet their sale goals, regardless of the quality of the employees' work.
Depends with the people you work with
Shift Manager/ Stylist (Former Employee), Spokane WaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: the attitude of the girls
Cons: Not enough pay or commission
The store was fun. Having the girls I worked with was great. My salon manager took great care of us so that we wouldn't get bored and had daily goals. Management was bad after that. I only stayed because of the girls.
fast paced\enjoyable\fun environment
stylist/assistant manager (Former Employee), El paso txJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good people\great customers
Cons: no healthcare or bonuses or incentives
I worked there for about 3 years. After just two months they moved me up to assistant manager. Pay was great tips were good my manager was awesome that store was slow so they closed it and moved me to a farther location and lost my clients cuz if it and they kept moving me to stores so I couldn't gain a steady clientele. They opened a new location which promised it was going to be busy and it was total opposite my numbers went down so my pay went way down my manager was managing two stores but this one wasn't her main one so left me with all the responsibility with a very low pay and owners didn't care they never bothered to give me and incentive for my extra work. They cut hours for other stylist so sometimes I wouldn't get a break. Bottom line if the store your working at is slow then you won't make any money. To make good money you have to really work your butt off. I ended up quiting. Owners don't really care about employees.
Fun workplace
Licensed cosmetologist. Licensed manicurist (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 12, 2015
good qualities, being able to meet new people and to talk with different people, being creative, and inventory. A typical day here would be like doing maybe 12 heads a day depending on the business that day. On a busy day it's haircut after haircut.
good place to work with great co workers
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Milford, PAJuly 11, 2015
Nice clean place to work, fairly busy for a new business, Coworkers are management all work very well together, People in area are decent however clients tend to be iffy once in a while. Job does offer classes thought more general classes that educate you on new and interesting techniques to try.
Productive Work Envornment
Stylist (Former Employee), South Elgin, ILJuly 5, 2015
Pros: Great team to work with
Cons: very limited time off, and the owner of the store.
A typical day at work, you would come in and set up your station. If you were opening, you would change the laundry, set up the sanitary stations, open the drawer and register, then start taking your clients. I learned alot about what it takes and the responsibilities of opening and closing up a store, how to listen to customer needs more clearly, team building, and time management. The most challenging part of the job was when you were the only stylist in the salon, managing the computer, check outs, and cutting the clients hair while 5 other people are waiting. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the clients feel good, and just the interaction with different people all day long.
Face Paced work environment
Beautician/Shift-Manager (Current Employee), Chatham, NJJune 29, 2015
Pros: Teamwork, Culture
I have great co-workers and working at Supercuts is enjoyable. I have learned how to communicate with everybody. I have also learned how a corporate business works.
It was a great experience
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Edmond, OKJune 28, 2015
Learning continuing your education was great. Learn color and haircutting, waxing, and new styles. They had all the tools to achieve the look you wanted.
consistant pay, and always busy
Stylist (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 23, 2015
provided education
nice people
great walk ins
Fast pace environment
Cosmetologist, Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Williston, VTJune 15, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: Over worked and under paid. Always on my feet
Very nice place to work. Very fast pace. Cut hair most of the time, do facial waxings as well. A lot of customer service and selling retail.
Not enough hours
Stylist (Former Employee), Salem, MAJune 13, 2015
Again, this company did not provide enough hours to make a decent living. Maximum hours were 20 hours. Work life balance was good and is a fun place to work.
productive, fast pace, comfortable environment
Stylist (Former Employee), Lakeside, CAJune 10, 2015
Pros: benefits, commission, client connection, great co workers
Cons: short breaks, long hours on your feet
A typical day is fairly busy, and i love that! I have learned from working there that i have wonderful people skills and I excel in customer service and satisfaction. I am a hard dedicated worker. I loved the manager, very easy to communicate to, and i think that is a vital trait to have as a manager. The hardest part of the job was, because of the high volume of clientele walking through the door, breaks were few and far between and you do get tired, but i have learned to push through it and it is actually beneficial. The most enjoyable part for me is the client to stylist connection. You attain such wonderful customers who are loyal and want to come back and see you, and to me, that was so gratifying.
SuperCuts
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Arnold, MOJune 8, 2015
Pros: Job Experience
Cons: No Breaks
Typical day open up the salon, count the money enter in stats into count book, sweep, mop, make new barbercide and brush cleaner, check towels, do laundry,and turn on open sign and lights, cut hair, color, hair, Ect...
A very good place to start out at as a new stylist entering the feild of cosmetology and barbering. On the job paid training was very helpful
Stylist / barber (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 4, 2015
Very good starting point as a new stylist. Paid training and guaranteed clients because of it walk in scheduling. Very flexible hours and hours giving. A large number of Supercuts so transferability is no problem.