Supercuts Employee Reviews

It was a fast paced and fun enviorment to work in.
RECEPTIONIST; CUSTOMER SERVICE REPERSENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAFebruary 17, 2018
A typical day at Supercuts is booking clients in. Telling them how long their stylist is going to be. Keeping the store tidy which includes: sweeping hair, cleaning combs, answering phones, counting cash drawer at the end of the night and keeping lobby area clean. It is a fast paced job but being able to communicate with the clients and coworkers are very nice. Management on the other hand is not. Management will send you home within 2 hours of your shift. They will also not work with school schedule. The over all environment is very fast paced so it can be hard to manage everything. In saying that, that isn't the hardest part for me. The hardest part was not being able to get certain days off or having to go in when sick. The most enjoyable part of the job was customers and coworkers they made the environment fun. So when the management wasn't there is was an awesome place to work. I'd recommend people who thrive on fast paced environments who just want to make some quick cash not a career. If you're a stylist just starting you can get more experience here and learn about cutting and coloring hair. They are a good learning company.
Pros
free hair care and 50% off any products you need, got tipped by the stylist.
Cons
No 15 minute breaks just 30 minute lunches.
Decent job
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Cranford, NJFebruary 15, 2018
Not a lot of room to move up in the company unless someone gets foired or they quit. New workers arent treated with respect. They did have great hours.
Fun learning environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CAFebruary 13, 2018
Great interpersonal interactions with clients and stylist to ensure customer satisfaction. Fun, friendly place to work and interact with customers. l liked it overall.
Fast pace work, great for new hairdressers.
STYLIST (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 12, 2018
Everyday was almost exactly the same with the type of haircuts and overall environment.
Learned how to cut time on performing haircuts.
Management was very relaxed and willing to help in any situation.
Culture among the workplace was very fun and relaxed due to how different everyone was on a day to day basis.
The hardest part of the job was clients coming in during busy hours wanting to be taken care of immediately and have special treatment due to one manager that would allow it in the past.
The most enjoyable part was being able to control my own pay by how fast and efficient I worked.
Pros
long lunch breaks, easy to get time off
Cons
no benefits, terrible choice in hair products
Fun way to start a hair styling career.
Licensed Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MAFebruary 10, 2018
Supercuts provides ongoing training and is a great place to start a hairdressing career. It is a great place to build a clientele and develop your skills. I worked with a great group of people and we all worked as a team to help each other accomplish goals.
Pros
free training
Cons
It can get exhausting, weekend work required
Work is work
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 8, 2018
I would come in and count the money in the register. After I would start cleaning the work areas.

I learned great leadership skills.

Estimating appointment times for customers walking in as well as customers calling ahead of time.
Pros
Pto, Healthcare
Cons
Poor Management, Stressful
Loved my time there
managing employees
managing products
hiring, interviewing, firing
employee reviews
creating business plans and setting goals
Pros
great work environment
Cons
high turn over
Fast pace work
cosmetologist (40 Hours/Week) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAFebruary 6, 2018
Really good work if you don't mind being covered in hair. Mostly male clientele and mostly haircuts. There is commission on products and holiday pay (you don't find this at very salon). As for female clientele their is not so much of. Coloring services are not done so often. Also because it is such a fast paced salon do not expect to spend time doing elaborate colors. Expect mostly grey coverage and partial foils.
Pros
very flexible hours
Cons
not enough services offered
not worth it
Stylist / Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 6, 2018
not worth it if you are black and service white america they try to blame you for everything even when they have bad days they complain about every little thing their children are misbehaved and they want everything free
Great Place to get started, just dont stay too long
Manger and Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ORFebruary 5, 2018
Its a great place to start your career in hair. The paid training is unmatched. You can also move up the management chain fast. However, they try to own you. They over work you and drive goals too much.

Want to know more about Supercuts?

Ask a question
The manger at the time was amazing
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDFebruary 5, 2018
I would say the hardest part of this job was they didn't work well with your schedule and caring about their employees, sometimes we wouldn't even get a break because it was too busy or not enough employees. I can say the good is that i learned from this company is that they do train their employees and give the opportunity to advance in training. They also didn't listen. I did become a well rounded cosmetologist and got fast at mens haircuts and how to fade well.
Pros
I became a better stylist
Cons
no breaks sometimes and lack of respect for employees
They’re a joke
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Daytonview, OHFebruary 5, 2018
You couldn’t call off if your sick because someone didn’t want to cover your shift, couldn’t figure out how to call off, no paid sick time or leave, you don’t get paid good an hour based off what you went to school for.
Pros
You get your hair done for free
Cons
They’re a joke
Ok if just out of school
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 3, 2018
OK if you are just out of school and want to build up speed and confidence. Inadequate training and know going in that you are just a body there to keep their doors open.
Got Bought Out
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 3, 2018
This was my first job ever and I only got it because my mom had been working there for almost 30+ years. I knew all the woman who worked there and it was great. The location got bought out by someone else and they were not to fond of me working there anymore so I left before they could fire me.
Poor Management, Excellent Way to Gain Experience
Stylist (Current Employee) –  San Diego County, CAFebruary 3, 2018
After working as an assistant for three separate stylists, I decided to reluctantly apply to Supercuts. I was pleasantly surprised with the company and it seemed like an amazing way to step into the industry as a new stylist. They provided me with a steady paycheck, guaranteed clientele, tools and supplies, and continuing education. Currently I’ve been working with the company for a year and I have gained a great deal of experience. Tips are great as well if you really hustle.

However, through just a short year, I have been so incredibly overworked for lackluster pay. The store management is, typically, severely lazy and the regional management is only interested with quotas and reaching goals with no regard for their stylists.

Hours of work can range from 4-10 hours, on your feet, consistently. Many times I was required to assist at other stores that were short-staffed, some of them being as far as 45 minutes away. Lunches are never guaranteed; other stylist call out constantly, which leaves one to open or close the store by themselves.

Originally, the company had supplied the tools and supplies for clippers and other thing, however, we are now required to pay for any damaged or replaced items. Meaning money from your paycheck goes back to the company.

Supercuts could be an awesome, decent company but it seems as though no one cares whether it be the stylists or upper management.
Pros
Good tips, 401k, Quickly gain experience, Guaranteed clientele, Continuing education
Cons
Extremely short breaks (30 minutes), Very poor management, Long hours on your feet, Low pay, High turnover, Lazy stylists
Quick pace job
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Hamburg, NYFebruary 1, 2018
Good starter job and very high in demand. Fast paced with flexible hours. Meet a lot of new people daily. Perfect for someone right out of cosmetology school
Pros
Vacation time flexible hours
Cons
low pay
Fun co workers, bad management
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCFebruary 1, 2018
This place wasn't my favorite place yo work for. I liked the co workers buy the manger didn't run things right. After I transferred to a different store she even put something nasty on Facebook about me.
Maybe not in SC
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCJanuary 31, 2018
I think SC regional manager sucks, that's the problem, they need to fire her. All she cares about is to collect her paycheck on time. It's a shame, it could be a better place to work!
Never work for this company.
Asst. Manager (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJanuary 31, 2018
This is probably one of the worst companies to work for. Constantly being told that they are going to be advancements for you and that they are putting you in higher positions but then giving them to others after the deal has already been made. Not paying you overtime when you work it. It's a revolving door with this company.
Fast paced, high turn over
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJanuary 29, 2018
It’s a good place to build your clientele. It’s fast paced, One week of training before they let you be on the floor. The training does not prepare you for the floor at all. High turn over because the training is not enough. Days off are not the same every week and the hours are not the same either. That makes it hard to plan anything. If you need a certain day off ask for it way ahead of time and even then most of the time they won’t give it to you. Expect to work every weekend. If you are an experience stylist expect to help all the newbies on every haircut, slowing you down and essentially you losing money on tips because they slow you down. Matrix system for your pay makes it incredibly hard for you to get any raise. Sell a lot of products for commission, commission is only given to you if you hit a goal. If you don’t hit the goal for commission expect to be written up.
Pros
Walk ins
Cons
Short non paid breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.