Supercuts Employee Reviews in United States

ok
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
not advaned enough for me. staff not into the companey values. unfair work load, never thank emplyee.not team players.all for them self.lazy.bought lunch to bring staff together at times did not help.not productive staff would take breacks when salon was busy.they wher rude to customers. learn staff was lazy. staff was down on phones. i liked that isold products and did my job people looked and felt good.
Cons
Nobody knows what they are doing
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 19, 2016
Supercuts in tucson is franchised, and they have NO clue on how to run a business. The constant ups and downs and changing rules one day, and than the next day they change it again. They have their favorites, they are completely unfair. They work you to the ground, because nobody wants to continue to work for supercuts because of the Operation manager, and the general managers don't know how to run a business. Every day you work 9am to 7pm, you have no time for your family or yourself, and you have to dedicate yourself to supercuts. Certain manager's would make you clock out, to save hours for the store, but still would want you to work. Terrible place to work.
Pros
Clients, and tips everyday.
Cons
No life, work too much, not enough help, unfair managers, clock out for hours but still work
flexible hours
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  La Canada Flintridge, CAMay 19, 2016
The people I work with are very welcoming and are family. The more I work there the more I learn about the company and how it works.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
Wonderful Coworkers and ongoing education
Manager, Stylist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 12, 2016
Invaluable experience setting up a new salon and recruiting employees. Working with the Franchise development department was enlightening and fun. Learning Paul Mitchell color line from an expert. Lots of products available. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. Hardest part of the job was disciplining staff.
Pros
ongoing education available
Cons
Commission set too high to obtain
not flexible with hours
Hair stylist/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 10, 2016
If you have a family and are involved with activities with your family, this is not the job for you. if you are career driven and only want to work and no play, then this is the job for you
Pros
make good on tips
Cons
short breaks, long hours, cutthroat
great place to work
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXMay 4, 2016
awesome company to work for customers wer eawesome very family frendly just want something closer to home. my typical day was cutting hair cleaning up hair checking in customers and talking about hair products. also washing capes and towels and shampooing alot of heads
Pros
great peopleto work for customers were great
Cons
to far from my home
Great educational tools.
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYApril 28, 2016
Supercuts has a great education system that emphasizes how to become successful in the cosmetology profession. This was helpful for me as a stylist beginning a career right out of cosmetology school.
Unorganized, drama
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAApril 25, 2016
Company was franchise, management was horrible, no room for growth, too much drama, management drove stylist away, also not following company guidelines, owner seemed to not care what management was doing. Drove stylist away at least counting maybe 20 or more...
Cons
not professional
Office management was neglected
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Pullman, WAApril 23, 2016
When I quit, there were only two stylists left. There should have been five working at all times.
If it would have had more employees, better staff management, and better hours, I would have stayed.
Pros
free services
Cons
bad hours
productive, friendly, fun atomosphere
Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 22, 2016
My days were very long but very rewarding. I was able to coach and develop my teams to be the best they could. Winning multiple incentives from the company for having the most stores increase their revenues while keeping overhead costs down.
Very solid place to work
Cosmetolgist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 20, 2016
I worked for HK Enterprise, they are a franchisee. They are WONDERFUL people. I wouldn't work for any other, especially the corporate stores. I learned a lot about the industry. There are always contests and promotions for the staff and clients. My co-workers are fantastic! The location I worked at, it is hard to advance. In SW NH there are not many other stores around and the upper management seems to forget we exist.
Pros
Great hourly pay, always busy, benefits
Cons
Very little chance of promtion, incompenent Area Supervisors
Fun workplace
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Redondo Beach, CAApril 20, 2016
Love the people I work with. My co workers make my shift go by faster. Co workers teach me a thing or two about color and cutting hair, even tho its not my career. Being the receptionist, lets me communicate and meet people every day. Its a great environment and we all try to get the best of it,
Pros
get to work with great and talented people
Cons
can't give me more hours to work.
Nice place
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 19, 2016
Nice place to work. Enjoyed working there except the hours were very long when people called in.

Would work there again.
Fun and Exciting place to work
Stylist/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 12, 2016
I learned management skills, and a lot of other life skills it was a great place to work for a 20 something and would still work there if I hadn't moved. Best part of the job was the customers and the other stylists.The hardest part was dealing with difficult customers
Great place to work right out of beauty school
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Capitola, CAApril 12, 2016
This is the place to apply once your looking for a job right out of beauty school. Good place to learn and also build clientele.
A Good place to learn CSR
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLApril 6, 2016
This was one of the first major jobs i had when it was just me and my daughter and i acquired many skills even relearned them . Helping me fall in love with the beauty industry though not for the faint of heart this company takes care of its employees and is always teaching you new techniques.
nice customers and enjoyable co workers
hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 30, 2016
I enjoy working with the hairstylists and working on clients,calm enjoyable work environment. I learned you could always learn something new and i enjoy doing hair!
Pros
friendly environment, enjoy co workers, enjoy customers
Cons
low pay, not enough advancement
Supercuts
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMarch 28, 2016
I got hired with Supercuts when I was a senior in high school, 2004. There were about 6 women working at this location at the time, and all were very nice and helpful. We would have a weekly meeting which helped get everyone on the same track and discuss any issues that anyone might of had. I was the first person a customer would see, and everyone was always greeted with a smile and a hello. My job entitled to clean, sweep, organize, money transactions, train new receptionists, and inventory. The hardest part was not being able to work more hours. I was busy with school so it made it hard to cover someone's shifts. My manager was always understanding if I had a school event and make sure I had time off when I needed it. I loved the staff I worked with and still get my hair cut by one of the stylist with who is now the current manager.
Pros
free haicuts
Cons
the hours
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 24, 2016
never willing to work with your schedule, fun atmosphere, having to go through their training is a bit aggrivating, however i understand the need for things to be done the way they see is correct. Too "cookie cutter"
Busy and Dramatic
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
There was always something to be done but unfortunately my co-workers were not as diligent as everyone should be. Often there would be arguments between stylists and management.