Supercuts Employee Reviews

fun work place but not enough pay
Hair Stylist/Management (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2017
never have a set schedule always crazy hours and work every weekend. somedays are slow, some managers are great some are not, not all supercuts are the same it depends on the manager. hardest part of the job....not really is just if u have a good team you should be ok. most enjoyable part is every year they have a all staff party and also do games, and win prices.
Pros
build clientel and good tips
Cons
no good benefits
it's ok
Shift Manager (full-time) (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAAugust 15, 2017
it was ok working at supercuts i was the shift leader and i worked for three different salons in my two years there in the Brookline and Brighton area.
Pros
free hair services
Interesting 1st Managing experience
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNAugust 15, 2017
I like the overall concept for supercuts although they aren't common in the Midwest. I enjoyed learning their cutting and coloring techniques. I would love to see how the shop runs on the west coast where they are more common
Pros
part of regis
Cons
no benifits
good salon to start out and learn
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Hamden, CTAugust 14, 2017
very busy days with all kinds of clients and employees culturally. Many advanced classes were taught there and new products and cutting techniques were introduced to us to further our careers and keep learning. I was booked solid daily and made good money and tips. reasonable hours there and nice employees, we were like a family there and the clients loved us as well
Pros
free classes
Cons
short breaks
Horrible
Professional Stylist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 14, 2017
The management of the franchise here is horrible and they don't know how to treat their employees. I never received the training I was supposed to have... I would never go back.
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILAugust 14, 2017
Supercuts was a great place to work, my manager was amazing, I hated to leave but we relocated to a different area. The manger worked with the hours I needed and pay wasnt too bad for a salon.
Pros
The manger
Cons
Pay could have been better
Quick paced
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 14, 2017
Hard work for low compensation. Decent benefits and company. Good community I work for in Akron Ohio. Decent tips. Excellent management. Decent business overall.
Pros
Education
Cons
Low wages
Good place to start off right out of beauty school
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 11, 2017
Employees and management are bullies. Management talks about their employees amongst other employees and sister stores. Need management skills on how to treat and talk to their employees. Manager talks about shop business with her clients. That store just need new staffing starting with the store manager.
Pros
Meet new interesting people, diverse clients
Cons
Not a healthy enviroment, people steal from one another equipment and clients
Great & fun place
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Napa, CAAugust 10, 2017
Napa supercuts is probably one of the best places you can work definitely if you have kids or are in school they are very flexible with days off & all of the girls there are great ! As long as you do your job this work place is wonderful. The owner & the manager are just like family ! The whole shop is like a family once you are there for a little while.
Pros
Flexible
Great job if you like customer service
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, CAAugust 9, 2017
Base pay is very low, very hard struggle to male a living. Kep role in this job was sale and customer service. This was a client base role. If you lack in people skill this is not the job for you. One must have a license to preform this job.
Pros
Standing all day
Cons
Not a competitive salary

Want to know more about Supercuts?

Ask a question
Super Cuts
Co-Owner (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CA 92065August 8, 2017
Super Cuts was a great place to start a career in hair styling. They train you well on how to sell product, and their technic to cutting hair. That was a great help.
So busy, never got a break and mangement never allowed it.
Cosmetologist - Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Callaway, FL 32404August 7, 2017
Good place to work...Management was never there to resolve issues.
Manger would be off and instruct that we do not call her for issues.

So busy we never got to eat or take a break.
Pros
Cons
negative atmosphere, no lunch breaks
every day is a different day
Stylist/Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAAugust 6, 2017
our co-workers/team are laid back and easy going but hard when need be. everyone is different thank heavens. every client brings something new to the table. education is available to anyone who wishes to learn and broaden their horizon
Pros
benefits, vacation, flexible scheduling
Cons
why be negative when positive ways are whats needed no matter what
very productive
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2017
supercuts was a productive place to work with. I was able to cut the customer's hair and built rapport with them by allowing them to feel comfortable in speaking with me.
Low pay, high standards
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NJAugust 1, 2017
A lot is expected from the way you work to the way you deal with insane customers yet the pay is not compensated for these every day stresses and absurdities. Prices went up 25 cents. Whoever is pricing does not know what they are doing. They should invest on the salon aesthetics and tools for their stylists to be efficient and modern for best services. Should provide more training classes to better the staff. So much opportunity but they waste money on the dumbest things
great place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNAugust 1, 2017
Great location to work for
Management is great
However, the company pays its employees like complete garbage.' you
Assistant manager only makes $7.60 an hours (plus whatever "spifs you get from their "sliding scale")
And store manager starts at $9.50
They're also taking tools away from stylists, meaning, we will be responsible for replacing/fixing THEIR equipment if it decides to stop working one day.
I've loved working for supercuts, but because its owned by Regis (because lets be honest, that company has been dying for years now) its hard to want to build a career there.
It's hard to make an adequate amount of money to actually support yourself or your family.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Terrible pay
Fun and energetic environment
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIJuly 31, 2017
I have worked at Supercuts for 2 years and in those two years I have met many friendly employees. Working for Supercuts improved my coloring and hairstyling skills. It is a fun environment to work in.
Pros
50% off of products
Cons
healthcare
Excellent work environment
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAJuly 31, 2017
Great place to start out in the industry. They provide quite a bit of education although I wish it was more. The establishment that i work at is very laid back and all of the girls are amazing. They're a lot of fun. Our owner does a lot for us, ex: pays for the whole shop to get lunch, takes us out for a Christmas dinner, makes sure you stay on your goals, and even let's us know when we're doing a great job.
Pros
Excellent enviroment to start out
Cons
Could be more education involved.
Productive and fun work environment
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Alpine, CAJuly 30, 2017
Supercuts provides a steady income and has an opportunity to build a solid clientele. The training provided is useful for future experience and helps get a clear understanding of proper haircutting techniques.
Supercuts is an ok company if your a new stylist.
Hair Stylist/Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, MAJuly 28, 2017
Supercuts was my stepping stone out of hair dressing school. I learned a lot in the HSA program and really progressed with the knowledge that I took from it. I don't see Supercuts as a long term salon for anyone who doesn't want to move up with the company. But overall it is an ok place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.