Supercuts Employee Reviews

the most enjoyable part of the job
Stylist (Former Employee), Kailua Kona, HawaiiAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy and constant movement. I learned way more about communication with clients then ever before. Working at supercuts the management was great, they never came to see our salon very often because of how well rated our location was. All my co-workers were nice and very uplifting and always showing team work.The most important role i had at Supercuts was the ability to make someone feel so good about themselves.
Great workplace and place to start your career.
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Toeele, UtahAugust 19, 2015
Supercuts provided a great workplace environment and all of the tools, learning and materials were a great help! I learned and developed so many skills while I was there.
Productive, enjoying, fun environment
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Denver, COAugust 19, 2015
This is a fun loving environment, very supportive, flexible work hours. Meet a lot a fun new exciting people everyday. Would love to have a franchise of my own one day.
Fast Pace environment
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Nampa, IDAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Making Tips was great
Cons: employees were not nice
It was a good start out of school to get use to a fast pace hair cutting environment.The Hardest part of the job was other employees didnt want to help and it was a very competitive work place
Great Atmosphere
Haistylist (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 17, 2015
Pros: fast paced
Cons: no benefits
Great atmosphere and management,has advancement opportunities but has no benefits available to stylists. Only perk would be a paid holiday if they put you to work before and after the holiday but no other benefits other than that.
ok place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), new hartford nyAugust 17, 2015
Pros: great customers and hours
Cons: bad management
Supercuts was an ok place to work. beings in a hair salon with girls everyday,there was always gossip. the pay was great and it was very busy.
Excellent Learning Experience
Licensed Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAAugust 13, 2015
completed training in speed and efficiency with hair cutting and styling, learned how to deal with different types of clients
Fun andStability
Barber/Stylist (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 5, 2015
Pros: Stability, Good work place, good management
Cons: benifits are not that great
working with the people has been one of the best thing about this job. Customer service and communicating is a must because there are so many different social classes of people that you have to work with. The staff and customers are great here
Not fun
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee), Norman, OKJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Co-workers and tips
Cons: management sucks
I didn't care for this company they just want to make a fast buck. They didn't care about employees or customers. I did make great tips and liked my co-workers but management needs help.
Good place to work very laid back
Store Manager (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKJuly 28, 2015
A very good place to work with a lot of chances to advance in the company. There continuing education program is very good. This place is a good start if you're just out of school.
Don't run with scissors
Professional Hair Stylist (Former Employee), evanston illinoisJuly 28, 2015
Pros: haircut specials
Cons: open on holidays
My day began with coffee with the girls and usually a tasty pastry wit the talk of what our day looked like. My knowledge of hair skin and nails was broadened through the work of self and others. My co-workers were pleasant and helpful and very compassionate about the work they did as well as I. The hardest part of the job was achieving a look for someone who didn't have the facial profile it needed to accomplish this goal. The most enjoyable part was the children and their ability to have an opinion while getting there hair cut it was a good felling to listen to the parents but also fit the needs of the child as well.
Great company to work at
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Hatillo, Puerto RicoJuly 27, 2015
Pros: one of the few hairstyling companies that pays by hour
It was a nice company to work with. They have a lot of benefits for the employees and a lot of opportunities to grow in the industry of beauty.
Good Stepping Stone
Student Educator (Current Employee), Springfield, PAJuly 27, 2015
You don't have to worry about getting fired for simple things which makes you feel secure with employment. There is only so far up you can go in the company and you don't get much of a salary increase when you do advance.
Get to interact with people everyday
Asst. Manager- November (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJuly 25, 2015
Pros: Breaks anytime, PTO after the first year.
Cons: Benefits and management
Typical day at super cuts can be a hit or a miss, all depends on the location and the management. When you get hired on you go to a training for a week called HSA after that you go back to do a color class after your probation area and that is only 3 days, it is fun when you have the right concept of the industry.
GREAT PROFESSIONAL training
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Training, Education, Christmas Party, Gifts
Cons: Pay, Hours, Schedule, upper managment
Great company to start career with.
Fantastic training and education.
Poor upper mng.
Promote / Demote a lot - not very secure unless just a stylist.
lot of training / no follow through
Receptionist / Hairdresser (Former Employee), Piscataway, NJJuly 15, 2015
Pros: busy location
Cons: sells products not needed
The training is extensive but although I learned some new techniques, they are more concerned with all the employees using the same techniques as opposed to sharing ideas to advance the quality of the employees' product. Also, they force employees to sell clients products they don't need just to reach the sales goals, and frown upon the employees that don't meet their sale goals, regardless of the quality of the employees' work.
Depends with the people you work with
Shift Manager/ Stylist (Former Employee), Spokane WaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: the attitude of the girls
Cons: Not enough pay or commission
The store was fun. Having the girls I worked with was great. My salon manager took great care of us so that we wouldn't get bored and had daily goals. Management was bad after that. I only stayed because of the girls.
fast paced\enjoyable\fun environment
stylist/assistant manager (Former Employee), El paso txJuly 14, 2015
Pros: good people\great customers
Cons: no healthcare or bonuses or incentives
I worked there for about 3 years. After just two months they moved me up to assistant manager. Pay was great tips were good my manager was awesome that store was slow so they closed it and moved me to a farther location and lost my clients cuz if it and they kept moving me to stores so I couldn't gain a steady clientele. They opened a new location which promised it was going to be busy and it was total opposite my numbers went down so my pay went way down my manager was managing two stores but this one wasn't her main one so left me with all the responsibility with a very low pay and owners didn't care they never bothered to give me and incentive for my extra work. They cut hours for other stylist so sometimes I wouldn't get a break. Bottom line if the store your working at is slow then you won't make any money. To make good money you have to really work your butt off. I ended up quiting. Owners don't really care about employees.
Fun workplace
Licensed cosmetologist. Licensed manicurist (Current Employee), Midwest City, OKJuly 12, 2015
good qualities, being able to meet new people and to talk with different people, being creative, and inventory. A typical day here would be like doing maybe 12 heads a day depending on the business that day. On a busy day it's haircut after haircut.
good place to work with great co workers
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Milford, PAJuly 11, 2015
Nice clean place to work, fairly busy for a new business, Coworkers are management all work very well together, People in area are decent however clients tend to be iffy once in a while. Job does offer classes thought more general classes that educate you on new and interesting techniques to try.