Supercuts

Supercuts United States Employee Reviews

great place to work
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee), Cockeysville, MDApril 6, 2015
overall supercuts is a great place to work for the beginner stylist or the established stylist. not enough pay for the work that you put in but if you are a passionate hair stylist you will love it
Quick money
Stylist (Current Employee), Stoneham, MAApril 4, 2015
Pros: Teammates are great\!
Cons: Hourly pay is super low, only care about pushing products, healthcare too expensive
Quick money and great way to gain experience. Flexible shifts if needed but new schedule every week is hard to balance life outside of work
Worked as a hairdresser
Hairstylist (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 13, 2015
I enjoyed moving up in the company. I also liked learning there basic cutting technique. Good people to work with. I opened and closed so I was responsible for depositing. I had keys to the store. Helped with scheduling.
Upper Management
Store Manager (Current Employee), Metairie, LAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: little pay no job security
Upper management in franchise division is very unprofessional and lack appropriate knowledge in the industry. The franchise owner of the supercuts franchise in the new orleans region lacks knowledge of the industry and owns too many franchise stores to manage adequately. Corporate Supercuts owned by Regis corporation is a much better company to work for.
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2015
Pros: the yearly bonuses along with the store gatherings
Cons: healthcare
SuperCuts was a very interesting place to work at and I always looked forward to coming to work because of the enjoyment that I had being employed with superCuts.
Fun Place to work
Customer Service/Stylist (Current Employee), Dacula, GAMarch 10, 2015
I enjoy the atmosphere and helping people. The management is great and the staff work as a team. A typical day would include providing an accurate haircut for women,men and children, The salon also provides other services such as hair color. The management works hard to give the requested days off by the staff members and that is appreciated. The co-workers all seem to enjoy working with each other and they help each other. The hardest part of the job is that the schedule changes frequently. The part that i enjoy the most is the interaction with all of the variety of people.
Up beat and fun working environment
HAIRSTYLIST/ BARBER (Former Employee), West MelbourneMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good working enviroment
Cons: doing perms
very good co-workers who are compassionate and helpful. good costumers who are warm and enthusiastic. The continuing education class is wonderful. you get to use your creativity to perform wonderful and unique hairstyles.
Receptionist /Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLMarch 7, 2015
typical day at work consisted of checking clients in and out, keeping front desk area clean, restocking shelves with products, handling inventory.
Hairstylist
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Wyomissing, PAMarch 3, 2015
As a hairstylist I cut, color, treat, and style hair. I also perform job-related duties such as cleaning, organizing, laundry, scheduling of appointments, answering the phone, and provide excellent customer service to guests. I work both independently and as a team player with other stylists.
good place to work at
Manager (Current Employee), Somerset, NJMarch 1, 2015
Pros: hourly pay plus tips
Cons: work every weekend
if your looking to learn new things work here.
hourly pay is good you an build a following.
management is good but every manager is different.
hardest part is when no one has a team work mentality. best part you make money
Productive fun work place
Hairstylist (Former Employee), San Marcos, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: it was nice that there was a sprouts right next door
Cons: no breaks, minimum wage
A typical day at work would be waiting for clients to come in.
I learned a lot of cutting techniques, peoples different personalities.
Management was very laid back, hardly there.
My co-workers were like family to me, it was just us 3 all the time.
The hardest part of the job was probably when rushes came in, we would never get breaks. It got a little stressful at times, even when there was a line out the door and just 3 people working.
The most enjoyable part of the job were my clients and all the friendships that were made.
Hairstylist (Current Employee), Columbus NeFebruary 22, 2015
It is a good place to work, but hardly ever scheduled 40 hrs a week. Usually scheduled 30-35 and when not busy have to go home so then getting less hours. Open Sundays and I would rather not work on Sundays. Open til 9pm I am looking for a fulltime day job.
productive work place
Receptionist/ Hairstylist (Current Employee), El Paso, TXFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: having a good work team
Cons: no benefits, low pay and not enough hours
I love working here , most days were very busy and very productive, I cant stay without doing anything so it helped that when we were slow I had so much to do. Folding towels, cleaning, washing etc. I learned a lot of people skills, how to handle bad situations and always put your heart into your work. I have always been able to get along with all coworkers , and learning from each other. The most enjoyable part of this job was making people feel better about them selves and making people happy by just trimming there hair.
poor management
cosmetologist (Former Employee), PAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: clients
Cons: management, lack of consistency, gossip
The hours are never steady, one week you get 3 days and the next maybe you'll get 6. The manager was the worst I've ever had. Very gossipy! Bashed stylists behind their back as well as talked about clients publicly. No support. When you were given hours the money was good but very inconsistent on keeping hours. The schedule was always finished last minute, making it hard to plan outside of work.
easy place to work horrible managment
Stylist (Former Employee), highland caFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: longer lunches when not busy, get to go home early if its slow
Cons: short breaks, horrible managment, not enough money or hours
My manager never wanted to send me to color class. we had a lot of down time where we did nothing. I would never recommend anyone work for this company if you want to utilize your artistic skills as a hairdresser. You have to give the same cookie cutter look to everyone who walks in there. You get in trouble if you're not using {their technique}. overall it was just a horrible experience for me to work there.
Very productive place.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Redondo Beach, CAFebruary 11, 2015
I was fortunate enough to learn a lot being in a management position I can take an apply to any new job position. Being in a leadership role has helped me grow as an employee helping not only me but also my coworkers.
fun work place
Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Short Hills, NJFebruary 6, 2015
Pros: my co-workers
Cons: having to stay open later than closing hours, for someone who walked in five minutes, before we close for a haircut
A typical day at Supercuts would be cutting hair (men, women, and children), coloring hair, waxing services, answering the phone (scheduling walk in appointments) and basic cleaning duties. At Supercuts I learned quick and easy hair cutting and hair styling techniques. I also learned how to deal with all different types of people when it comes to customer service. My co-workers at Supercuts were awesome and I loved them. The hardest part of my job I would have to say would be that there wasn't a receptionist so having to pause during a haircut to answer the phone was quite difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job at Supercuts was interacting with all the different people and watching myself grow as a stylist.
A good starting place for a stylist
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Washington, PAFebruary 3, 2015
This is a great place for anyone just out of beauty school. Great training program to start. But not for a long-term career. It is hard to work your way up the chain. Pay isn't bad, but would be nice to be paid more for what you do.
Productive workplace
Cosmetologist (Current Employee), norwood, maJanuary 28, 2015
Ive gained experience in all types of hair and clients
Management and coworkers are all supportive of one another
The hardest part of the job is dealing with difficult clients
The most enjoyable part of the job is making people happy with your service
Successful company
Technical Advisor (Former Employee), Visalia, CAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: good walk in potential
Cons: not full service salon
Began as a stylist, and became a Technical Advisor. Worked in many locations for many years in order to become a successful stylist.

1 2 3 4 5

About Supercuts

Although Supercuts styles itself as a neighborhood unisex hair salon, the chain targets male clients who want convenience (no – Read more

Supercuts Salaries