Supercuts

Supercuts Employer Reviews

Productive and fun work environment
Beautician/Shift-manager (Current Employee), Chatham, NJJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule
A typical day at work: Speak to clients about their expectations.
I've learned to be part of a team, customer service, and listening to what people are saying rather than hearing them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being artistic and having my work displayed.
fun environment
Manager (Former Employee), Jamison, PAJanuary 6, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company at first. I had amazing coworkers and it was a friendly and welcoming environment. I was able to work my way up to a management position. A new general manager was hired and the positive atmosphere quickly went downhill.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), bakersfield caJanuary 1, 2015
I answered phone calls. I paid out customer services. I set appointments. It was a very pleasant job.
I enjoyed serving the public and working with my co-workers.
Hairstylist/receptionist (Former Employee), Pinole, CADecember 30, 2014
Pros: engaging with people
Cons: the chemicals in the hair colors/ bleaches
My typical day could involve opening or closing the store, opening / closing the cash register, setting up the sanitization station. Greeting customers, performing cuts, colors, blow-dries, styles, waxing, and some good old fashion listening to what was going on in the clients life.
Fast-paced work with hands-on client experience
Hair Stylist/Cashier (Former Employee), Dunedin, FLDecember 30, 2014
* Stylist of hair for clients
* Cleaning up to state standards
* Problem solving skills
* Scheduling appointments
* Handled money, balanced cash register, processed credit cards
Fun Place to work
Stylist, Receptionist, Inventory (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PADecember 28, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: not busy enough
Customers very nice, just not enough of them. The hardest part of the job would be finding a way to get the customers in the door. Once the customers are in the door I enjoy the interaction and find great joy in making them happy. The girls I work with are very nice, I just need to make more money.
Working at Supercuts
Stylist - Cut (Former Employee), Mount Vernon, WADecember 9, 2014
It was a great job. Lots of great customers and great employees. I just didn't like the management and how the rules changed from each salon. HArdest part of my job was not knowing what I was doing wrong and not being talked to about it. the company is crazy
Good company to work for as a beginning.
Hair stylist & Shift manager (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 4, 2014
Supercuts worked with me and help me refine techniques.
The shop was new when I started, just two us working. We did a little of everything, from book work and scheduling to cleaning and customer development.
The most difficult par the job wasn't return clients schedule I advance.
Great enviornment
Receptionist (Former Employee), La Quinta, CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: everyone was welcoming
Cons: benefits
Everyday i would perpare the chemicals to clean the combs, brushes, and clipper gards. I also prepared the stylist stations such as cleaning, organizing, and stocking with brushes and neck ties. I learned a lot working at supercuts like being a great listener to help reslove cutomers` complaints regarding products or services. Another inportant thing i learned is collecting money from customers, make change, and record transactions on customer receipts.
Great atmosphere to work with great co-workers
Hair Stylist/Manager (Former Employee), Sioux Falls, SDDecember 2, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my day was seeing the happiness on my clients faces! Great co-workers make a huge difference in the work atmosphere. I was lucky to have such amazing employees!
Fun place to work
Receptionist/Cashier (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2014
Cons: short breaks and busy weekends
Working for Supercuts can be very fun when you have co workers that are willing to work as a team. You meet some great customers and become close to some. It is a great work environment and place to work.
A good work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Republic, MONovember 29, 2014
Pros: loved talking to people
Cons: having to count your tips as earned income.
I liked working at Supercuts. I married moved over 50 miles away. To far to drive. At the time the state made it a law that you had to count your tips. I didn't think it was fair, but I'm not going to lie either!! That is my reason for quitting .
Very productive and great place to work
Stylist/Shift Manager/Manager (Former Employee), Nashville, TNNovember 22, 2014
Pros: the value of my work and on going classes that was given to keep my skills atuned .
Cons: other then a turn over rate of employees nothing was to negative.
Typical day at work was team work and great customer service from everyone. I learned many productive skills to carry on through out my career as a hair stylist. Many classes were given to encourage us to better and tone our skills in the business. I got along with my co-workers we worked as a team. The times when the shop didn't have the workers we needed to function properly since at times there was turn over rate. The most enjoyable part of my job was the pride I got from it giving someone a great experience and making them leave feeling good that they felt and looked better to themselves.
This job made me dislike doing hair.
HAIR STYLIST AND SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 17, 2014
Pros: tips, being creative
Cons: hours, denied vacation, hourly pay
The company itself does not care about you as a person.All they care about is making money. They will make you come in when you have the flu, the chicken pox, they do not care about your well being. They will not give time off and will not pay out vacation time which causes you to lose your hard earned vacation days. Working with all women who are catty is not fun either. It is hard to not get talked about.
Enjoy meeting new people
Shift Manager/Stylist (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2014
Pros: meeting new people
Cons: seasonal profit
Provide haircare services and retail product. I love meeting new people from all around the world and learning about them and where they are from. My coworker got alone for the most part with very interest and out going personallities. The hardest part of my job was traveling between different stores at the last mintue.
Alot of fun and hardworkers.
Hair Stylist/ Shift Manager (Former Employee), Chelmsford, MANovember 11, 2014
Pros: fun, learn alot, always busy
Cons: must make numbers, can't have family problems or be out because of them
Supercuts is a franchise so you are more of a number then an actual asset as a person. The supercuts team was amazing women but the above management does not care about them individually. They just look at you as a number to raise their numbers.
Fun and ejoyable work environment
Hairstylist/Key holder/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Oceanside, CANovember 8, 2014
Typical day would be opening store, preparing salon for the day. Making sure we are well stocked with clean implements for guests. Performing haircuts/color through out day.
I've learned a lot at supercuts. I believe in their foundation and their techniques to carry out a specific look.
Supercuts is a pretty good to start out as a new stylist
Hair Stylist (Current Employee), Newport News, VANovember 5, 2014
Pros: paid on going training to keep up with the newest trends
Cons: short or no break because of busy business.
A typical day can range anyways from me standing and walking around a chair, talking to clients about their hair needs. Talking with coworkers about the day. Same days I go with out a meal break because we are that busy. But the joy in the client's eye when they walk out with the new style or color is worth it.b
Great work enviroment
Hair stylist (Former Employee), Murfreesboro, TNNovember 5, 2014
Pros: knowledge
A great work experience. Fun days with lots of productivity. enjoyed the experience.
Supercuts was a good starting place in the salon industry
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Portland, OROctober 28, 2014
Pros: nice clientele
Cons: not busy enough
I was ready to work somewhere a little more edgy. Overall it was a good experience and I learned a lot.

1 2 3 4 5

About Supercuts

Although Supercuts styles itself as a neighborhood unisex hair salon, the chain targets male clients who want convenience (no – Read more