Supercuts

Supercuts Employer Reviews

Fun and busy salon, good attitudes, management was scatterbrained, corporate rules overpowered
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Latham, NYAugust 13, 2014
Executed shampooing, coloring, cutting, and waxing activities
Analyzed clients’ hair and facial features and recommended styles and services to compliment them
Recommended/Sold products and made other suggestions to help clients care for their skin/hair
Utilized various tools, including but not limited to, scissors, trimmers, clippers, razors, brushes – more... etc
Handled wet styling, thermal styling, skin/scalp and hair analysis, waxing services, clipper cuts and fades.
Maintained cutting edge styling techniques and created new styles for clients using outstanding creative talents
Ensured workstations and tools were sanitized
Trained new stylists and assisted with haircuts/color formulation/techniques
Coached and motivated stylists to reach goals, and acknowledged them when they did so
Administration/Maintenance
Prepare deposits/handle close out responsibilities and paperwork
Clean/Organize/Laundry
Performed data entry functions, filed documents, worked with confidential information
Kept accurate information for each client regarding any allergies, last service, color formula, charges
Answer phones, set appointments, and coordinated calendars successfully
Streamlined administrative processes and enhanced operational efficiency
Repaired things that stopped working properly whenever I was able to (clippers, trimmers, blow dryers, staplers, computers, printers, fixed shelves, repaired doors, washers/dryers (very minor things). – less
Great continuing education
Manager (Current Employee), Granbury, TXAugust 1, 2014
Pros: education
Cons: long work hours
Great Place for New Stylist starting out and stylist that need more hands on Training.
Busy, great place to work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Bedford, MAJuly 19, 2014
Learned excellent customer service skills and the ability to multitask, learned a lot about managing and running a salon from management. The hardest part was being on my feet for 6-8 hours a day. I enjoyed the other stylists that worked there.
very professional, fun working enviroment
Hairstylist, Shift Manager, Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, CaliforniaJuly 19, 2014
very busy salon, great, clean work environment. Great training
Learning
HAIR STYLIST (Former Employee), Philadelphia PaJuly 16, 2014
Learning experiences.... Good for coming out of Beauty school.
worst ever
Salon Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaJuly 13, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
Salon was always dead, staff acted like they owned the salon, never listen, district manager was never available to help with anything, as a manager worked long hours & never had a true day off, too little pay for everything that has to be done
Fast pace, fun work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Sicklerville, NJJuly 1, 2014
Always moving
large and talented staff
assisted co-workers
kept workplace organized and well scheduled
Productive and fun
Stylist (Former Employee), Newington, CTJune 28, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: no raises
I was also a stylist here it was a great place to work. My boss was very laid back. All the employees worked well together too. Typical day was always exciting and new, it was a very busy salon to work at.
Customer oriented fast paced job
Receptionist (Current Employee), Mesquite, TXJune 24, 2014
Pros: free lunch on occasion, most major holidays off, flexable schedueling
Cons: shortbreaks, have to work weekends, only employ females
This company is a franchise, therefore i can not speak for every location. With that in mind I will say that the location in Mesquite, TX, is a nice place to work. The customers, employees. managers, and shop owners make you feel right at home.
This shop takes pride in cleanliness, customer service, as well as completing task in a timely manner, and – more... keeping an extremely clean shop. – less
Good Company
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), Creve CoeurJune 20, 2014
Pros: meeting new people.
Enjoyed working for this company. I got to work with great people and I enjoyed meeting different people. I love cutting hair.
Supercuts is fun great to work
Salon Manager (Former Employee), Randolph, MAJune 17, 2014
Pros: sunday overtime pay
Cons: short breaks, rotating staff
Supercuts will put you through school(HSA) before you get on the floor.you will need to pass HSA before becoming a stylist with them. they offer great benefits,sunday overtime pay and incentives.
Supercuts review
Stylist (Current Employee), Rockford, MIJune 15, 2014
Pros: busy clientel
Cons: lots of nights and weekends
I am at a very busy location with very little down time. We are all updated on our education annually with our art director. I love the team atmosphere that we have in our salon. The days can be long on your feet when we are really busy but totally worth it.
Employee that worked Reception for Supercuts
Receptionist (Former Employee), 3800 S Dale Mabry. Tampa, FL 33611June 13, 2014
Pros: easy, entertaining, no real stress.
Cons: pay is low
I worked in reception and I can say that it is a very easy, and fun job.
This is not a job you should take if you want to move up in position or expect a lot of pay, other then that a good place to work.
Fast paced, great environment
Manager of East and West Town locations (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJune 11, 2014
Pros: corporate structure
Budget friendly barber/salon that was known for promoting from within. Great benefits and education department. I would work for them again in a heartbeat.
strong mamagment and positive team
hairdresser (Former Employee), Paramus, NJJune 3, 2014
Pros: friendly and happy team
Cons: teamwork
I loved my time spent in supercuts. t was a great experience for me
Productive work environment
Stylist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 2, 2014
Pros: established clientele
Cons: low pay, unfriendly management
I worked in a pretty fast-paced environment with a huge variety of people. Majority of clientele was for haircuts. Working as a team is a must in this environment.
Productive and busy Salon
Hair Stylist (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 1, 2014
Pros: no pros.
Cons: rude staff and horrible managment
I did not learn much here at all they're very judgmental once they found out I became pregnant.
A typical day at work.
Shift Manager, Manager (Current Employee), Williamsburg, VAMay 30, 2014
Get to work about 30 minutes before 9 to count the money run the reports and open the store intime. The hardest part of my job is the fact that Im friends with every one here so they and myself have to know that at work we are co workers and nothing is personal. No special treatment.
perfect for someone fresh out of hairschool but not a place to work on a permanent basis
Stylist (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLMay 25, 2014
Pros: haicare classes and experience
Cons: messiness drama favoritism
The classes were great but the people I worked with not so great. There was favoritism and the one's who weren't the managers favorite had to slave and work so many hours and it was hard to request off. I was there so much I got behind on my studies and if it was slow you didn't get paid because it's commission and the little hourly wage you got was – more... like a waitress salary. – less
Receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 22, 2014
Pros: former cosmetology student
Cons: management
My day consist of assisting stylist with clean towels and implements. I work greet customers, answer phones, clean up after haircut is completed and wash and dry towels. The most enjoyable part of the job is viewing good haircut and hair coloring techniques.

1 2 3 4 5

About Supercuts

Although Supercuts styles itself as a neighborhood unisex hair salon, the chain targets male clients who want convenience (no – Read more