Supercuts Employee Reviews

Busy ,productive, ok atmosphere
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJanuary 1, 2017
It was okay too much fabricating and not enough proving factual evidence and favoritism. At the beginning it was an awesome place to work but you can't get ahead in there. Almost impossible to earn your raise and they took away vacation time and made it to where we had to earn that too. The newest manager is unprofessional and unfair and in competition with her coworkers.
Corporate Standards
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAJanuary 30, 2017
The benefits are awesome, the clients for the most part are great, and the people you get to work with are very outgoing! Its a lot you have to keep up with in order to make more money and you really have to have a manager that teaches you how to read the reports if you want your numbers to grow and be successful. They have a great training/continued education program, that keeps you up to date with trends and teaches you to give efficient/excellent services.
Great Job for beginners!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAJanuary 15, 2017
This job will give you the skills you need to do great haircuts. This was my first job of out of Cosmetology School. It gave me the confidence to do men's cuts!
Pay is not exciting, it was basically minimum wage plus tips which vary.
Overall I enjoyed this job but this is not somewhere you want to work for too long. I stayed for 6 months!
Pros
Good Experience learning haircutting
Cons
No benefits, Low pay
Unprofessional staff, terrible management
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Ramona, CASeptember 16, 2016
I worked their for two years, some employees were unprofessional, bullies, and disrespectful. I would go to management with a complaint about a bullying stylist and would be told they could not do anything about it. Certain stylists would talk bad about clients to other clients, talk bad about stylist to other clients. Very unprofessional. Management,district leader of this store in specific were extremely unprofessional. No real benefits
womderful workplace
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCDecember 9, 2016
Overall my experience with super cuts was a pleasure, and the employees and management was wonderful as well, money was decent but not enough for me to pay a decent amount of bills. Over all no complaints.
Pros
as long of a break i need
Cons
no health care benefits and pay is not so good
Supercuts helped my Career.
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 2, 2016
I loved working for Supercuts in Corpus Christi, Tx. They trained me and showed me how to cut hair, how to handle customers, and invested in me. I was fresh out of school and did not know how to cut hair & dint even have the right clothes. But management helped me and bought me new outfits for work. I went thru training starting at the front desk then thru haircutting classes. I made a lot of money daily from tips and on my paycheck. I'm not there any more. Got married, moved to Houston and I'm home with babies now.
Pros
Busy shops, good people that i worked with. training and pay and benifits
Cons
flexible with schedule, work 2 nights a week
Great clientele and helpful leadership!
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIJanuary 26, 2017
I've been working here for over six months and I love it. The Supercuts brand is phenomenal. Corporate stores provide you with everything you need to be successful, everything but shears that is. Love it!
Pros
Continued education, benefits, great pay
Fair with schedule
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Blasdell, NYNovember 17, 2016
Loved the people I worked with and the customers, management really needs a tune up at that specific store. The company offers good benefits in the long run, however, I was not happy only getting paid twice a month.
Amazing company with great benefits
Salon Manger (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILJanuary 20, 2017
This company takes great care of the employees and has endless amount of benefits to offer. Paid continued education to teach the latest and greatest styles.
I LOVED working here!!
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Sugar Hill, GAOctober 12, 2016
As a new stylist working for Supercuts was AMAZING. I loved my co-workers and I always had a guarantee of walking out with cash in hand everyday!! I have nothing bad to say about them!
Pros
Great for new stylists, lots of walk-ins, cash tips, hourly pay
Cons
Hard on the back, no benefits
GREAT salon
Stylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  West Orange, NJSeptember 20, 2016
The employees were great with great personalities! The customers were extremely nice. It was hard to have a bad day at supercuts with so many good vibes.
Pros
Discounts on products.
Cons
Health Benefits
Very solid place to work
Cosmetolgist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 20, 2016
I worked for HK Enterprise, they are a franchisee. They are WONDERFUL people. I wouldn't work for any other, especially the corporate stores. I learned a lot about the industry. There are always contests and promotions for the staff and clients. My co-workers are fantastic! The location I worked at, it is hard to advance. In SW NH there are not many other stores around and the upper management seems to forget we exist.
Pros
Great hourly pay, always busy, benefits
Cons
Very little chance of promtion, incompenent Area Supervisors
Busy, fast paced work environment
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, NYSeptember 12, 2016
Supercuts was a great place for me to begin my training. The place was typically very busy from the moment you clocked in. It provided me with a lot of experience, and helped me become more efficient. I learned a lot about promoting retail and educating clients on product usage. I had a lovely team of stylists to work with that i soon called family. We all worked together and made the most out of every work day. The management was often fluctuating however, which made some days difficult. My favorite part of working there was all of the amazing guests that came through the door. I now have a lot of clients from working here!
Pros
Continuing education, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Difficulty maintaing stylists and Managers.
Good company
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  North Providence, RIJanuary 28, 2017
Typical day at work would be taking clients throughout the day and listening to their wants and needs and executing them at best of my ability, answering phones to book appointments or answering any questions asked, and keeping a clean work environment. Management was hard working and fair. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the clients face when you accomplished a hair cut that they dreamed of and you satisifed their needs. The workplace culture was a fun yet business atmosphere.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Short breaks or no breaks
Ran to the ground by poor manager
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Crown Point, INAugust 4, 2016
I started my career with Supercuts as a new stylist. I was grateful for all the additional training that was offered through the company. The salon was very productive at first and the tips made up for only making minimum wage. Unfortunately, a new manager was promoted and the salon hasn't been the same since. Her lack of professionalism, drive to build the business, and consideration for employees has destroyed business. The turnover rate is obscene and clients have taken notice. It is very unfortunate because Regis and the Supercuts brand are great companies to work for but she'll brainwash you to thinking they're not.
Pros
Base pay, additional training
Cons
Long hours often by yourself
great place to work
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 21, 2016
Great work environment and great people. I love my manager however it depends what store you are at. They teach you how to cut efficiently and its a easier technique then what i learned. they have great color classes and seminars that they pay you to attend. The hardest part of the job i would say is just staying out of drama because you do work with all girls mostly. working with people and doing hair is the best part.
Pros
great staff, great advanced classes, learn alot, great environment
Cons
no raises, lucky if you get a break, hard to get commision, pto not good, health insurance too much money.
Fast paced and fun work enviornment
Hair Dresser and Manager (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, OKOctober 8, 2016
I love working for Supercuts, overall great company.
A typical day the can fluctuate, we have busy spurts and we have slow times. During the slow times a lot can be done, keeping the store clean; such as retail shelves, towels to be folded, and other cleaning duties. Our busy times, it is constant flow and there is no time to rest, to make sure we are providing the most efficient service in a timely manner.

Management: My general manager has taught me what it takes to a team together. Also, maintaining daily goals, corresponding to emails and customer concerns. Coordinating monthly staff meetings. Ordering supplies ( office supply, color and retail)

The hardest part of managing is documentation. Verbal warnings or write ups. I don't like getting on to others but I am by the book when it comes to company policy.

The most enjoyable part is meeting new people and establishing relationships. I enjoy being around other but also can work alone.
Pros
Great encitives and fun motivating contests
Cons
short breaks
Great environment and start off job
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 5, 2017
-Wonderful manager and coworkers
-Not too busy during the week but weekends get crazy
-People will be rude for no reason, sometimes you'll be standing up all day, you will work a lot of weekends, if not all, people will walk in 5 minutes before closing (and we have to take them), but at the end of a hard days work, it'll pay off
-Satisfied customers (most of the time), great tips (most of the time), slower days (good and bad), funny and enjoyable coworkers to help you get through the day
Pros
Tips, flexible schedule, small staff, fluctuating pay
Cons
Working every weekend, closing alone occasionally, small staff, fluctuating pay
Productive and entertaining workplace.
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 30, 2016
A typical day at work would include servicing guests, cleaning, and also ringing out guests. I have learned to cut and color hair proficiently and I have also learned quite a bit more about customer service. Management is very good within the salon; however, trying to travel up the chain of command is quite difficult. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing guests leave with exactly what they wanted and what they came for.
I wish I had worked there longer.
Receptionist - Customer Service, Cashiering, Clean (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 16, 2017
I was either preparing to open or close the store. I would give customers, in person or over the phone, time slots and handle tips for the hair stylists. Sanitization was very important. It had to be done frequently as well as sweeping.
If you've ever seen Barber Shop the movie, it was just like that. We all became fast friends and talked about other hair places.
When I first started out I was a nervous wreck trying to get the timing right but the girls helped me out and I only wish I had worked there longer.
Pros
A family environment
Cons
They decided to leave the sales to the stylists, no commission for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.