Supercuts Employee Reviews

Great Place to Start
Assistant Manager/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 10, 2017
If you are fresh out of cosmetology school, I believe its a great stepping stone. Lots of diversity and its greats for additional training without the long haul of some other salons and programs. If you get the hang of the Super Cut Techniques you should be able to complete cuts in a timely manner. Management lacks due to them only seeing you as a dollar bill. Most franchises owners don't know anything about the services they offer, so they don't understand how some things just won't always go right. They don't care about the staff and that makes for an uncomfortable working situation.
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Terrible hours and Slow business
Great place to grow
Senior District Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CADecember 10, 2017
A great place to start out but easy to get stuck and not be compensated for all the work that was demanded as a stylist and a manger. I believe there is great people that deserve better for all their years of commitment to this company.
fun
Hair stylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Amesbury, MADecember 8, 2017
Very buisey salon.I made a great amount in tips. Saturday were very buisey. Unfortunately you cant do alot there,like bleach someones hair to color it pink.
Fun productive work environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 6, 2017
I loved working there but unfortunately I had to quite due to health issues. Everyone there is so friendly and welcoming, it was almost like being with family and not at work.
Pros
Environment pay
Cons
Long standing
cut throat
Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Montclair, NJDecember 5, 2017
Supercuts gives the ability to newly licensed cosmetologist to gain confidence with haircuts, waxing, color, and styling. however, there is not much room for advancement and the pay scale is not the best. If you are in a slow location, as I was, it is very cut throat between stylist to get enough clients and increase your wages with tips.
worse company i have ever worked for
Store Manager/Stylist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2017
worse company i have ever worked for. The district manager placed me in an acting manager but did not pay me for it only to steal my bonus and take credit for my work,
Loved working there.
Stylist/Manager (Former Employee) –  Houma, LADecember 4, 2017
I worked there for many years and made lasting friendships there. I had wonderful insurance through the company i got 6 weeks off paid for all 3 of my pregnancies. The only reason why i quit is because I wanted to stay home with my new family .
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
Short breaks
Non productive
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 2, 2017
I was a manager for 3 years. The company have a lot of immature grown people working. There's a lot of lies, deception and cut throat behavior in this company. The only good thing about this company is their hair cutting technique. The color classes are great too. There's a lot of gossiping and people setting others up to lose their job. You have to watch what you say and do around certain people or you'll find yourself out of a job. I call the license professionals of Supercuts or any other corporate franchise companies mediocre or lost. A smart stylist would use Supercuts as a platform to build a client base, then go lease a salon suite.
Pros
HSA classes
Cons
Immature cut throat place of work.
Quick pace
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Ripon, CADecember 1, 2017
Supercuts is a very quick pace of work. I think if you are just getting your cosmetology license, this is a great place to start working at to get your feet wet. And you learn a lot and improve in everything a lot as well.
Good for beginners
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Westford, MANovember 30, 2017
I’ve worked at Supercuts for almost 6 years. I’ve hated it for the past 4 years. The awesome girls and great clientele I’ve built up over the 6 years is why I’ve stayed this long! The owners mean well but they are in it for the money it’s a business so they look at us as numbers not people. Management is terribleeeeee, very understaffed, high turn over rate, no set schedules, over worked girls being sent all over the place to different stores in the franchise and no travel pay. The training is great if you have the right manager to prep you to pass the week long class. It’s a very efficient way of cutting hair, will definitely use the techniques anywhere else I work!
Pros
Training, paid vacation if full time (40hours), steady clientele
Cons
Expected to travel hours away to different stores, no set schedule, high turn over rate of staff, understaffed, over worked, working alone for hours while busy, two faced girls, unprofessional atmosphere, low base pay, expected to keep unrealistic numbers of sold product and services to get paid more than $9 an hour

Want to know more about Supercuts?

Ask a question
Very Diverse, equal opportunity, fun
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 30, 2017
Supercuts had a very friendly atmosphere , opportunity to make good money, a chance to meet different people and room to grow in the industry and management was awesome to work with.
Pros
Educational classes, travel
Cons
Healthcare. no sick time
Do not work here
Hair stylist (Current Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLNovember 29, 2017
Where do I start, when you get hired you are promised a lot of things that you will never receive, such as a 401k plan and the insurance benefits. Then as you start working they can use you however they please, hiring you at one location then sending you to 4 others. The stores themselves are so slow that while commission bonuses are offered they are exceptionally unlikely. As for the management the general manager is very helpful and tries to work with what she is given but with the store managers and the owner herself, that becomes very difficult; borderline impossible. Now, if you're looking for a safe and secure job then this is your place because at Supercuts you can be late or no call no show as much as you want and you will never be let go.
Pros
Impossible to be fired
Cons
Everything else
Supercuts Franchisee Not Professional
Employee (Current Employee) –  USANovember 28, 2017
The companies that manage the franchises are not professional. There is no leadership, drive to build company culture or plan for the future. These owners do not provide proper compensation for positions or competitive benefit plans.
fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 28, 2017
Everyone is upbeat and friendly, each employee works with one another and gets along. Supercuts has a high customer clientele and strives to be the best.
Supercuts
Manager (Former Employee) –  Shakopee, MNNovember 28, 2017
I loved working for Supercuts. I worked my way from stylist to manager and had a blast with my customers. With the management position I worked many hours to cover for other stylists taking time off or no showing for their shift. I got burnt out and decided to peruse a different profession.
perfect place to start practice after graduated from school
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 27, 2017
i had good experience work on this company, specially for me want to get on the floor practice , learn and improve my craft. I'm so happy that i have opportunity to working for this company, i have learned and grow so much for it.
i think this is the perfect spot to start it if you don't want to be hair stylish assistance for 2 year in most of the salon.
Pros
quick learn, practice & improve your skill
Cons
management is not get paid enough
Awful Place to work
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91730November 20, 2017
High pressure to sell. No advancements unless you sell products and services. Location was terrible. Poor management. No paid time off until you've worked for 2+ years.
Ok
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stephenville, TXNovember 19, 2017
Great place to work if you are proficient at cutting hair. They are flexible work schedule and offer good discounts to employees. They schedule bare minimum because they don't want to offer inurence. They also don't have a 401k to my knowledge. You must claim all tips according to corporate and they deduct that from your check.
Quick paced and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CANovember 16, 2017
Manger was great. All the employees had a mutual respects for one another and their clients. Fun environment and fast paced. I would probably work there again in the future given the opportunity.
Advancement in Hair Cutting skills and plenty of Super Cut Stores
Shift Manager/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 16, 2017
This was a learning work experience for me. I enjoyed that I was able to learn how to cut better than I was taught in school. The Brand name Supper cut gave you a wide selection of store all over to move around too if you decided to relocate
Pros
Training was very worth while
Cons
No benefits, Only if you were in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9