Supercuts Employee Reviews

Supercuts is a great begging place after that move on.
Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Deer Park, TXSeptember 27, 2016
Working with Supercuts is great for beginners to get in the field then once your confidence in your skill move on. Supercuts is constant walk in, it can be very tiring. And watch out if they say flexible schedule because then you maybe working crazy shifts some times.
Pros
Communication is good willing to work with your schedule, get good tips some time
Cons
When short handed on people can get crazy, 7.25 per hour
Productive, always learning new techniques
Stylist/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJOctober 14, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job was making people happy with there looks, hardest part was accepting that i couldn't make everyone happy. My coworkers were amazing, we always worked as a team member. Management was negative at the workplace. Experience was great & learned so much. Overall, work experience added value to me as a person however the lack of advancement opportunities lead me to seek other outlets.
Pros
great social experience & multi tasking
Cons
healthcare, wages
nice customers and enjoyable co workers
hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILMarch 30, 2016
I enjoy working with the hairstylists and working on clients,calm enjoyable work environment. I learned you could always learn something new and i enjoy doing hair!
Pros
friendly environment, enjoy co workers, enjoy customers
Cons
low pay, not enough advancement
Supercuts
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMarch 28, 2016
I got hired with Supercuts when I was a senior in high school, 2004. There were about 6 women working at this location at the time, and all were very nice and helpful. We would have a weekly meeting which helped get everyone on the same track and discuss any issues that anyone might of had. I was the first person a customer would see, and everyone was always greeted with a smile and a hello. My job entitled to clean, sweep, organize, money transactions, train new receptionists, and inventory. The hardest part was not being able to work more hours. I was busy with school so it made it hard to cover someone's shifts. My manager was always understanding if I had a school event and make sure I had time off when I needed it. I loved the staff I worked with and still get my hair cut by one of the stylist with who is now the current manager.
Pros
free haicuts
Cons
the hours
Loving environment with great people working there
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXSeptember 14, 2016
While I worked at this location, from the very start I was welcomed into the place like I was family. The manager Leslie Attwood is such a professional, effective, and upbeat superior to work under. I loved working there and still stop in to say hello to all the familiar faces
Pros
Made life long friends
Cons
I was the rceptonist, and did not get to sit down while at the desk
Good company to work for
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  LADecember 23, 2015
Great chances for advancement, benefits are good, lots of vacation time, co workers are great, always busy, fast paced and tips are very good,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
open 7 days a week
Very solid place to work
Cosmetolgist (Current Employee) –  Keene, NHApril 20, 2016
I worked for HK Enterprise, they are a franchisee. They are WONDERFUL people. I wouldn't work for any other, especially the corporate stores. I learned a lot about the industry. There are always contests and promotions for the staff and clients. My co-workers are fantastic! The location I worked at, it is hard to advance. In SW NH there are not many other stores around and the upper management seems to forget we exist.
Pros
Great hourly pay, always busy, benefits
Cons
Very little chance of promtion, incompenent Area Supervisors
great company to work with. helps their employees become professional
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Greenacres, FLJuly 11, 2016
a typical day at work tends to get really bus. The employees priority is to satisfy the customer. Everyone must keep their station clean and organized, also keep track of time and the appointments. My Co workers are great! Everyone is very respectful and we all work as a team throughout the day.
Professional atmosphere with ongoing education
HAIRSTYLIST/MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 8, 2016
I enjoy working with my staff, meeting new people and making my own schedule. The hardest thing about my job is dealing with irate customers once they are upset, it is hard to make them happy again.
Pros
Paid vacation, tips, able to make my own schedule
Cons
No health insurance, taxed credit card tips, no paid holidays
Busy and Dramatic
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
There was always something to be done but unfortunately my co-workers were not as diligent as everyone should be. Often there would be arguments between stylists and management.

Want to know more about Supercuts?

Ask a question
Love the sports enviroment and the uniforms!
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 6, 2016
Loved the people i worked with and the owners of the place. Great location and we stayed very busy at all times! The uniforms are comfortable and cute and we got to wear tennis shoes which is a very important factor for a hair stylist. Watching sports all day was fun also!
Enjoying what I do
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLFebruary 16, 2016
I enjoy what I do, doing hair allows me to express myself. I love my clients that I have obtained over the years. As far as my place of employment, there is no room for opportunities, it comes with no benefits.
Wonderful Coworkers and ongoing education
Manager, Stylist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, ILMay 12, 2016
Invaluable experience setting up a new salon and recruiting employees. Working with the Franchise development department was enlightening and fun. Learning Paul Mitchell color line from an expert. Lots of products available. Most enjoyable part of the job was the clients. Hardest part of the job was disciplining staff.
Pros
ongoing education available
Cons
Commission set too high to obtain
Top notch training program
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 9, 2016
This company has a hard but long training program that is well worth your time. The amount of services they offer is a variety. I love working with color but specialized in cutting, so getting into color was great. Great hours
Pros
Traing program
Cons
Limited color services
ok
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
not advaned enough for me. staff not into the companey values. unfair work load, never thank emplyee.not team players.all for them self.lazy.bought lunch to bring staff together at times did not help.not productive staff would take breacks when salon was busy.they wher rude to customers. learn staff was lazy. staff was down on phones. i liked that isold products and did my job people looked and felt good.
Fun work enviroment
Customer Service Manager /Case Mangement (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 28, 2015
Work to create a style customer service is very important in this job. I learned to use my time management skills and multitask. I can now build a great team of stylist with good work ethic to take to any employer. The hardest part of this job was the high rate of turn over in the industry. I enjoyed this job because it allowed me to communicate and build my customer service and management skills.
Pros
Good team leader
Cons
no health insurance
Fun and supportive atmosphere
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pottstown, PASeptember 13, 2016
I love working for this franchise. They care about the stylists that work for them. The education is continuing. They always are coming up with ways to better the staff, whether is be with hands-on techniques or with management classes.
Productive and fun work place with music playing all the time
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CASeptember 2, 2016
Fun friendly atmosphere where people get to know each other in a relaxed setting. A job that encourages creative thinking. Great experience working here.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
low pay
stylist/ costumer service
stylist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 20, 2015
enter clients in the computer. call the clients back to my station. do a haircut or color or style on the client. when finish walk the client to the register, where I would total out their service. take their money, and return their change. clean up my station. and repeat this all day. at the end of the day total out the register. count the cash in register. clean up salon and get the salon ready for the next day.
Pros
clients
Cons
bad money and benefits and bad hours
Fun and active environment.
Assistant Manager/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582September 25, 2016
It is a pleasure working for a company such as Supercuts. I have really enjoyed my time with them. The client base is large and has allowed me to gain more experience and expand my cutting skills.

2.9