Supercuts Employee Reviews in United States

Graet Company
Salon Manager (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 17, 2016
Supercuts made me the stylist I am today! This is the best company for education and advancement of skills. I worked with this company eleven years and absolutely loved it!
Fun work enviroment
Customer Service Manager /Case Mangement (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKDecember 28, 2015
Work to create a style customer service is very important in this job. I learned to use my time management skills and multitask. I can now build a great team of stylist with good work ethic to take to any employer. The hardest part of this job was the high rate of turn over in the industry. I enjoyed this job because it allowed me to communicate and build my customer service and management skills.
Pros
Good team leader
Cons
no health insurance
its a nice place to work
Hair Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  AlabamaJune 15, 2016
The hours were fair and the money was too. What made it better its their training programs and the supervisor who as always kind and always willing to help.
Interesting place to work
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Burleson, TXJune 26, 2016
It helped me develop better communication skills with various groups of people and it also helped me strengthen my resolution to conflict skills as well.
simple and fun
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHJuly 1, 2016
The store is very busy, most days we see about 130ish clients come in. A good amount of staff, some come and go. Overall good place to go
Pros
employee discount, training
Cons
frantic
Great place to work at
Salon Manger (Current Employee) –  Bernardsville, NJJune 4, 2016
great atmosphere
love my job
never boring
only for people who love to work with others
tips are great
learn how to be a social person
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
no healthcare
stylist/ costumer service
stylist (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 20, 2015
enter clients in the computer. call the clients back to my station. do a haircut or color or style on the client. when finish walk the client to the register, where I would total out their service. take their money, and return their change. clean up my station. and repeat this all day. at the end of the day total out the register. count the cash in register. clean up salon and get the salon ready for the next day.
Pros
clients
Cons
bad money and benefits and bad hours
Great place to build a clientelle and learn mens cuts
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJanuary 21, 2016
Consistent clientele, decent shifts, when I started the only thing I could do with clippers was take them apart I was finally taught how to properly do clipper cuts. Down side was being told I was part of a team and not having any team players, depending on how she woke up Manager would tell me I was doing real good and 3 days later I wasn't consistent. Favoritism hard core, being harassed every other week, the constant gossiping and talking about each other. OOO and the way they spoke about clients especially manager acted like she was better than her job. One stylist wouldn't even acknowledge my presence mind you a grown woman with kids. Thank goodness when my district was short staffed and I was asked to help out 2 other stores.... Imagine my surprise when not one person had an issue or problem with my work or personally.
Pros
clientele, decent shift
Cons
Productive work place with continuing education
Manager (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAFebruary 23, 2016
As a day to day basis it was good to learn customer service skills, and working in a high paced work place. It was very enjoyable to be able to satisfy customers by educating them the products and service that the company had to offer.
Hair salon receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bayside, NYJanuary 31, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of making appointments for multiple stylists, greeting customers and keeping the salon clean and presentable. I learned excellent communication, interpersonal and customer service skills. I enjoyed working with my co-workers and for my manager.
Receptionist Job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 15, 2015
The day I would have is cleaning the shop, cleaning the stations for the hairstylists and maintaining it throughout the day. Also had to make sure the product was fully stocked and taking inventory on what we had and what needed to be ordered. Plus making sure the towels were washed, dried, and put away along with the combs the stylists will be using. And lastly, ringing up the customer for their haircut. I learned you have to stay busy and there's always something to do for that. The managers and coworkers were nice and easy to get along with. Most enjoyable moment I had while working there was when I learned how to make coffee for everyone for the first time. Never done it, and it was pretty amazing to please the stylists in that way.
Its ok
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CADecember 13, 2015
I didnt work here for long. The best thing about it was my paid training (I went through 2 weeks at their academy) and their cutting comb. :) During my training they actually had men from the local jail come in to get their hair cut. It was very creepy. I would have rather cut hair for the homeless.

Most of the cuts you will do while working here are men and children. You need to be good with clippers and be able to cut hair fast. Its kinda like being in beauty school without the shampoo sets.

I think its a good job to get your feet wet, but wont be something great long term. My manager was ok. She was super young but she was really good at cutting hair.

Overall if you're desperate for money its an ok job.
receptionist
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMarch 24, 2016
never willing to work with your schedule, fun atmosphere, having to go through their training is a bit aggrivating, however i understand the need for things to be done the way they see is correct. Too "cookie cutter"
flexible hours
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  La Canada Flintridge, CAMay 19, 2016
The people I work with are very welcoming and are family. The more I work there the more I learn about the company and how it works.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours
on the border
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAJanuary 28, 2016
It was not all that bad. Very pressured all the time. All he employees were nice, manager as well. The owners ran there shop with intimidation.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning new hairstyles, tips
Cons
Rarely having a full lunch break, sometimes used me as a stylist when someone didnt show up.
Productive and fun work place.
Hairstylist (Former Employee) –  Dixon, CAJanuary 10, 2016
Great company to start your hair styling career, You may end up doing 20-30 hair cuts on a busy day, you will learn fast. Other days can be slow, which I prefer to keep busy.The most enjoyable part of the job is the team work and the and client's .
Pros
paid vacations after 1 year, paid holidays.
Cons
Slow days are long .
Great place to start and gain experience
Hairstylist / Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CADecember 10, 2015
Supercuts (GG Enterprises) is an excellent place to start as a hair stylist fresh from school. They put you through extensive training classes for both hair cutting and coloring to ensure perfect results on each guest. We constantly had seminars and classes for the most current looks and trends in the business and techniques for achieving those looks. The only negative that I found with the company was that we constantly had to worry about meeting money quotas for the salon, so much so that I felt it took away from the fun of just doing hair. We also were under strict instruction not to take our loyal guest with us should we leave and work in another salon, so it's difficult to build a clientele. Otherwise it was a great place to gain experience and knowledge.
good
Sales Associate and Stylist (Current Employee) –  ArizonaMarch 18, 2016
busy days. fast paced. nice people. Caring environment. Room to grow in skills. Always gaining new experiences and meeting new people. Have to be open to new things, and able to adapt in any situation.
Nice
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  West Roxbury, MAJuly 18, 2016
It was actually nice working with supercuts i love their haircutting training.
The only problem i had was with the management team.
Busy and Dramatic
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 23, 2016
There was always something to be done but unfortunately my co-workers were not as diligent as everyone should be. Often there would be arguments between stylists and management.

2.9