Supercuts Employee Reviews

My Second Time working for Super Cuts good place to feel at HOME
Barber/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 13, 2017
I enjoy my passion and Super Cuts has allowed me to Be A professional in my Trade. I like interaction with Customer s and CoWorks...Pay attention to detail and learn as much as you can asborb
Pros
Good Follow of Walk in Customers, Friendly Enviorment
Cons
Need Desk Person to Handle calls And Check in customers
Fast paced and number based makes things stressful
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJune 12, 2017
It is fun and tips are good but I wouldn't recommend to someone for the fact of it being stressful and you are on edge of loosing your job at any time.
Brand new location that had just opened, thus organization was mediocre.
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work consisted of mostly new clients, and trying to gain retention. Since it was a new location, business was slow most of the time. Although I did learn new techniques in hair cutting,styling, and chemical processing. The store manager was helpful, friendly, and a good leader. However, the general manager was often absent, unapproachable, and unorganized. The most difficult part of the job was having to deal with the non organization of the upper management team. The most enjoyable aspect of the job was working with the staff and store manager trying to build good customer relations and helping clients with their personal style.
Bad Management
RECEPTIONIST/STYLIST (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTJune 7, 2017
Terrible management, i had an agreement to switch stores after each semester in college so i could work while im in school & while i'm at home. At the end of this semester, i was replaced with someone else & was told that it's "too bad" because the store is full. so i was forced to quit & now i'm unemployed.
Cons
Productive , Busy , Steady .
Demonstrated leadership shift leader (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJune 7, 2017
Beginning the week was steady , weekends were pretty busy , stayed late if I had to , came in early , Had some management training, a great clientele
Pros
nice area, good clientele, good hours
Cons
worked late, not good secruity .
excellent place to start after school
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 6, 2017
great place to start after school, you learn amazing techniques, how to pick up the speed and you can move up quickly too. theybtake you to classes before you start working
Pros
hourly and commission
Cons
short breaks, no commission on long hair coloring sessions
Excellent For Beginning Cosmetologists
Hair Stylist (Current Employee) –  Highlands Ranch, CO 80126June 3, 2017
I learned the basics of the salon business and more efficient haircutting techniques. As Supercuts works on a walk-in basis, you must learn how to manage your time and check-in/service guests in a quick manner.
Fun workplace
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Current Employee) –  Middletown, MDJune 3, 2017
I enjoy working here. I enjoy meeting and greeting new guests everyday. Supercuts sets you up with there training skills making it easier to accomplish your end result.
I actually love the Supercuts way!
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Turlock, CAMay 31, 2017
I actually love the Supercuts way! If my team would of been as involved with their customers as they were with the "other" girl that works there but isn't there because she's off that day, I'd probably still be with that company. I would work there again given the opportunity to work in a team environment Supercuts. Keep in mind that working in this field there are a lot of salons/shops that are nothing but drama and if that's your style then that's the environment you're going to enjoy but for some of us we want to make sure our guests/clients/customes are more relaxed and we can provide a more personal environment.
Pros
Tips Tips Tips
Cons
Not a Team Enviornment
Lovely Family Environment.
Stylist/Barber (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TX 77375May 28, 2017
You are treated like family from the time you are there and even after you leave. They show support in everything you do. I love being there because even when I needed help they showed hesitation to be present.
Good
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 27, 2017
I was told there was training but the training was not going to be given for another month. I was let go due to lack of experience with mens haircuts and not being fast enough. My duties were to sign in customers and help clean and organize.
Pros
Learned a little bit about haircuts through observation
Cons
Did not get the training expected
Quick paced and great for cosmetologist starting out
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Leroy, NYMay 27, 2017
A typical day at work would involve helping clients look their best, cleaning, working reception and answering the phones. I learned a lot through their training program, would highly recommend fresh stylist to start their techniques.
Busy fast pace work place
Stylist/receptionist (Former Employee) –  Kaneohe, HIMay 24, 2017
Was great because usually busy. Co workers had been nice but created a lot of drama with other employees and talked poorly about one another when some employee's weren't there and our manger would join in. They also would not be willing to help each other out unless they had worked there for a while or were friends with them to cover or trade shifts.

The clients were very friendly and they were loyal. The other managers and CEO's were all very nice and very helpful! They're always trying to do whats in your best interest for your career and moving up in the company
Pros
Pretty busy, great clients
Cons
Wouldnt work as a team
Good
Hair Stylist/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAMay 23, 2017
Easygoing job. Fun place to work. Some room to grow but not a drastic amount. Pretty decent starting pay with occasional raises. Employees are very friendly
Fun friendly salon to work at
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 23, 2017
I have work for the supercuts brand since 1999 in many different settings. I lovevthe flexibility it gives you and room to grow. Continuing education is a big plus also.
Pros
Continuing education. Flexibility
Cons
Fun, fast paced salon environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMay 23, 2017
I loved all of my time at Supercuts. I loved my team, our customers, the corporate educators.

My only reason for leaving was a franchisee that gave me no room to grow. After multiple conversations about becoming manager, I was given no option but to move on.
Pros
Great team, awesome customers
Cons
No opportunity to advance
Horribly short staffed
Key Holder/Stylist (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAMay 22, 2017
I have worked for this company fo a while now, but they do not treat their employees well. They have a hig turn over rate, and seeem to not be able to hire anyone! Have not learned much of anything from working here. Hardest part of my job is always being short handed and closing alone. Not much to enjoy
Cons
Short handed, closing alone at night, health care
Supercuts
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 22, 2017
Very stressful and uncaring environment only care about profits not the employees. Productivity doesn't matter as long as you get in close with the manager.
Pros
Schedule can be flexible
Cons
Uncaring
Fun job
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 19, 2017
Free training, always busy, hourly pay. Management was fun and friendly and always there when you needed them. They offered free classes for haircutting and color
Great company to start out at after beauty school.
Manager, Certified Technique Trainer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 19, 2017
At Supercuts you get many opportunities to grow as a stylist and learn all the latest trends from the Art Directors Supercuts provides. In my experience franchise salons are better ran that corporate salons. Corporate tends to cut WAY back on payroll so hours may get cut more than usual and you end up working alone for hours at a time with corporate due to their lacking payroll budget.
Pros
Ability to always learn new things.
Cons
Stylists typically start at minimum wage, at the location I am currently at, stylists are expected to come in late and leave early if the salon isn't busy on any given day, which means hours aren't garunteed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.