Supercuts Employee Reviews

Not an awesome place to work as of late
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Saratoga Springs, NYMarch 29, 2017
Loved it here because of the amazing coworkers I had. Management is changing and going downhill so everyone I love is quitting all at once. If that doesn't tell you something about this place, then I don't know what will.
Pros
Busy salon, decent tips, lots of walk-ins
Cons
Management does not value employees, schedules are poorly constructed, no receptionist, the computer system is outdated and slow
work enviroment needs to be flexible
traveling stylist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 28, 2017
I loved all the hours I was able to receive. Once you worked a good amount of time in the corporation you are to advance in your career quickly. This job is very fast pasted.
Fun but professional enviroment
RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDMarch 27, 2017
It was a very fun, easy going to place to work for but also very professional at the same time, all the employees welcomed me with open arms and a smile on their face and I was always treated with respect.
Fun place to work but too much drama
Head stylists - averaging 20 clients a day (Former Employee) –  Hartselle, ALMarch 24, 2017
A typical day was very busy. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment. My manager had much stress and a heavy workload. The salon had a very strict protocol at all stations. The hardest part of the job was trying to please everyone that came through the doors, but it was done to the best of my ability. I enjoyed getting to know my co-workers during my stay at the salon and made lasting friendships.
Pros
Long Lunches
Cons
Stressful
great area to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMarch 23, 2017
always busy the tips are great. I learned to be more dependable and confident as a stylist fun team and the location is quite popular place for haircuts near Arizona state university.the Hardest part ofthejob has to be the line for waiting sometimes it may get a lil backed up. the most I enjoy is the busy clientele.
Money hungry
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camillus, NYMarch 22, 2017
All they care about is making the most money. Just bust out haircuts and color to have a good average ticket and a short amount of time. Paid by how fast you are. Don't care about your family life or pregnancies. As long as you are fast and selling retail. Work all nights and weekend
Awful
Stylist/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  TennesseeMarch 22, 2017
Unless you just are fresh out of school. I wouldn't recommend. You're paid minimum wage. They overwork
You and they view you as a machine you only have 15 minutes to finish a haircut
Pros
Cons
Long hours, little pay, only cares about the numbers
overall a pretty good place
shift leader/ stylist / product manager (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMarch 20, 2017
loved working here, there was room to advance , girls were close in age so it felt like a family but all family's especially all woman have there ups and downs with drama. I do feel like the owners need to be more involved with how they want there buissness managed and maintained
Pros
room to make as much money as you wanted
Cons
Everyone wants to play boss/ special treatment for favorites
Nice place to work
Shift Manager and Stylist (Current Employee) –  Greensburg, PAMarch 19, 2017
Always something different everyday. I like working for this company and have worked for a while now. I've learned a lot of things with business aspects of thing and that's what I like about it.
great customers makes the day go by fast
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAMarch 19, 2017
I learned everything for the first time working here and although my ending experience with management was terrible supercuts was a great start being still in school
Not my cup of tea
Hairstylist/Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCMarch 16, 2017
Bad management. Shows favoritism. Nice girls but manager has a bad attitude. Manager should rotate long shifts between the workers. Manager should leave her problems from home at home and not let her employees hear her arguing on the phone
Long hours for little pay
Hair Stylist and facial waxer (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 15, 2017
I started out enjoying by work days in their salons. That feeling fell when I realized I was not seen as a person with needs. Working in the hair industry it is going to test your endurance and patience at times with long work days and the occasional trying client. The problems surrounded the lack of concern towards previously agreements on scheduling needs and health issues. Managers take time off as much as they choose to leaving the remaining stylists to cover hours and shifts. I personally left after needing abdominal surgery that me unable to stand or do much on my own. I was wanting to return to the salon but was met with rudeness and dissatisfaction from management when I was unable to work only two to three days post surgery. At this point I worked for this franchisee roughly two years. There was little opportunity to move up in the company including wage raises and promotions.

I do have to say that this company provided me with outstanding training. Because of them I am a much more talented hair stylist, more knowledgeable in retail sales, and am skilled as a receptionist. They provide mandatory training to all new hires in hair cutting, coloring, and styling. The will test your patience with their high volume of clients daily and most stores do not have a receptionist. This leaves you as a stylist to step up to the plate and fill that role while also providing a service to your client.

Despite what I disliked about working with Super Cuts I loved my clients, my fellow stylists and how much I grew as a stylist.
Pros
training
Cons
long work weeks, lack of promotions, management
Good place to work fresh out of beauty school
Technical Manager (Former Employee) –  Encinitas, CAMarch 13, 2017
The company is a good place to work at when just starting in the industry but definitely not a place to build your career. It's filled with empty and unkept promises. They fill your head saying that you can advance here and there and it takes years to move up. You can be a loyal employee for years and get looked over for promotions by people who have been there for a few months. Get in there and learn what they can teach you and get out as soon as you're comfortable
Unorganized
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZMarch 12, 2017
Good college job. Management was a bit unorganized. Often would have to open the store by myself, which being a women in a store alone, where it is mainly men getting haircuts is a little sketchy. Flexible with my school schedule. Long shifts, but decent pay.
Regret taking the job
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNMarch 11, 2017
I took a job as a receptionist and it has been overall a very disappointing experience. The pay is terrible, schedule is a nightmare, and the management is disorganized. It's by no means a hard job, but it is physically draining. It would be worth it if the pay was enough to live on, but it's not.
Stylist
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Brockton, MAMarch 10, 2017
worked as hair stylist doing hair, waxing, etc. Great flexible schedule with some weekends and nights. Hourly minimum wage pay with tips from clients.
great place to grow
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Danbury, CTMarch 10, 2017
very busy atmosphere. Wonderful employees and great work days. A great place for stylists just starting out in there career , and starting to learn more and more out of school.
hairstylist
Cosmetologist/acting manager (Former Employee) –  Watsonville, CAMarch 10, 2017
I greeted clients. Answered phones, cut peoples hair. Along with any other procedure they were needing at that time. Than working the register to have them pay for the service they just received. I also did the schedule, bank drop offs, and managed the other workers breaks and lunches.
not the best place to work ..
Hair Stylist/Key holder (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVMarch 6, 2017
the owner did not pay us hours worked. The owner broke several labor laws, We were always short staffed and it was hard to keep supplies we needed for our clients because the owner would not allow orders to be processed.
What I learned
Hairstylist/Manager/Area Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 4, 2017
I learned how to communicate and listen to people. I learned to talk to people. I also learned how to give my professional opinion on what I thought looked good on them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supercuts. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval