Supercuts Employee Reviews in United States

communicating with clients and emplyees
Barber-Stylist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 12, 2015
A day or evening were I would have appointments or walk-in customers needed services for appearances and conversation for listening. I enjoyed meeting new people every work day and giving them a listening ear and understanding what they needed for the appointment as in services render with a conversation for goodwill.
Working with my co-workers would keep me upgraded in the most current trends in hair fashion and personal appeal. Learning from others always keep you upgraded and quick in learning how to be in the know of hair culture, for every hair stylist perception is always different.
Pros
Contineous Education
Cons
Hours would cut back on slow days as well as hourly wage not great
nice people,good work
Manager-Barber /Stylist (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJanuary 27, 2016
Good customer service,good money in retail products and flexible schedules.
customers like to receive discounts in retail and services,
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
short breaks
Nice place
Hairstylist (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYApril 19, 2016
Nice place to work. Enjoyed working there except the hours were very long when people called in.

Would work there again.
horrible place to work
hairstylist (Former Employee) –  fairmountOctober 19, 2015
This job was the WORST job I have ever had in my life. Toukd me they would give my job away because I was hospitalized for one day. The manager was so rude every single day. Walked into work didn't even say hi to any employee. They don't appreciate anything you do because they go through employees like water! Don't recommend anyone working here !!!
Hairstylist
Hairstylist/ Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethel Park, PADecember 7, 2015
I liked my coworkers, I liked the position. The hardest part of the job was standing almost my whole shift. The most enjoyable thing at the time were the people you would see everyday.
Pros
My coworkers and management
Cons
short breaks
Fun place to work
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 2, 2015
I really enjoyed working for Supercuts. They were a new franchise store opening and I was one of the first employees hired. I loved the owner and got along great with him. Throughout training it was a great experience. The only problem I really had was with the manager. Our two personalities did not mesh on a personal basis, but we kept it professional the rest of the time.
Great work environment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJanuary 13, 2016
I worked here right out of school. I really learned a lot from my manager about different ways to cut and style clients hair. I enjoyed working here and got along with my co workers
fun atmosphere
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 20, 2016
busy days at work on weekends.
i learned they help you if your new on the floor. everyone was friendly and helpful. Hardest part would be they didn't work with my schedule.
excellent training
HAIRSTYLIST (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CASeptember 10, 2015
Supercuts has a Great training program. Supercuts was a busy salon with a large variety of clients. The color classes were excellent but very limited. The haircutting classes were very impressive and very detailed. It's one of the best places to work for when you are just starting out. All the guys and galls that worked there were very bubbly and fun! The team that I worked with was amazing, Always helping each other and cheering each other on.
Pros
great benefits
Great start into the hair industry
Salon Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLOctober 26, 2015
It is a great start into the hair industry. The education is invaluable. You can climb the ladder quick. The problem is if you work for a franchise you can only grow so far.
Pros
Great education, great schedule
Cons
No benefits, inconsistencies between corporate and franchisee
Good company to work for
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  LADecember 23, 2015
Great chances for advancement, benefits are good, lots of vacation time, co workers are great, always busy, fast paced and tips are very good,
Pros
good benefits
Cons
open 7 days a week
poor management
Hairstylist, front desk (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJanuary 2, 2016
Manager was very unprofessional, and rude in many different circumstances. Was unhappy with how i was treated as an employee. No real encouragement in job skills.
High School Job
PART-TIME RECEPTION (Former Employee) –  Aventura, FLDecember 14, 2015
Worked part-time. 12hr shifts on the weekends. It was a decent learning experience. Get there, clean the store, fill the register, attend to clients.
Pros
Decent first job.
Cons
Short breaks, 100% on your feet
Never a dull moment
receptionist (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2016
Customers and employees had a great relationship. I thoroughly enjoyed working here. The hours were great and the free haircuts I received was even better
the most enjoyable part of the job
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Kailua Kona, HawaiiAugust 27, 2015
A typical day at work was very busy and constant movement. I learned way more about communication with clients then ever before. Working at supercuts the management was great, they never came to see our salon very often because of how well rated our location was. All my co-workers were nice and very uplifting and always showing team work.The most important role i had at Supercuts was the ability to make someone feel so good about themselves.
Enjoyable, with a great staff
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Moon, PASeptember 13, 2015
Even though I was only part time at SuperCuts, I came to really enjoy my time there. The staff was wonderful and extremely welcoming and the company treats their employees very well. My store was located near an airport as well as college and high school, so every day I got to meet people from different aspects of life. It was really enjoyable.
I enjoyed working for Supercuts
Hairstylist/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Benicia, CANovember 16, 2015
I worked at the Benicia Store. I loved it because it was a fast paced salon! I made good tips. There was continued education for the stylist. If I didnt have to leave, I would still be there.
Loved the creativity of hairstyling
Assistant Manager/Stylist/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Salinas, CAOctober 14, 2015
Giving great haircuts to customers for a decent price. Trained new stylists to prepare them for Supercuts Hairstyling Academy.
Pros
Continuing education in the art of hair styling
Cons
Pay wasnt so great
Cosmo
Cosmetologist (Former Employee) –  Plainview, NYDecember 28, 2015
• Cut, trim and shape Color hair, based on customers' instructions. Schedule appointments, Collect money from services. Open up and close the store.
work
Hair Stylist (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 7, 2016
cutting coloring hair. I have learned a lot as they do have training classes. As long as you love your job that is all that should matter.

2.9