Superfish is creating a brand new web application that applies our visual search technology onto ones social network. We are looking for a Product Marketing Coordinator who’s savvy with social media and web applications--sites and services like Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook, Twitter, etc. Initially, the candidate will be responsible for acquiring new users for a Facebook application and for gathering user feedback to inform future iterations of the product.
This position is more of a product role than a marketing one. That means the objective of your work is to glean user insights to improve the product rather than taking a finished product and trying to market it. Therefore, we want people passionate about creating great software products and have opinions on what makes a great product. What features should it have? How should it work? What can make the product better? How should it look? These are the high level questions you will help answer. This role reports directly to the Head of Product.
This is a very interesting opportunity to not only learn a lot about the product development process but to actually build and shape a product's feature set, value proposition, and brand positioning.
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Employ creative tactics to persuade heavy Facebook users to install our application
- Set up and manage surveys to systematically collect user feedback on the product
- Reach out to users to get feedback on the product
- Track and report on aggregate user behavior metrics
- Calculate viral factor of the product
- 1-5 years of social media marketing experience or application user acquisition
- Knowledge or experience in building software products or prototypes a plus
- Expert at Facebook features, trends, and user behavior
- Ability to distill qualitative feedback into actionable conclusions
- Ability to gather and analyze quantitative metrics using Excel
- Strong communication skills (good writer, persuasive)
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
The position is located in Palo Alto, CA. If you're located outside of the Bay Area, think twice before submitting your resume (unless you can physically come in for an interview on a day's notice).