Superion Employee Reviews

CEO only cares about the bottom line
Senior Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 28, 2018
The CEO cares nothing about the employees or who made the company successful in the past. All he cares about is the bottom line. He has no concept about software companies or how to keep the current clients and has to replace most if not all of the helpdesk and developers because he attempted to have everyone relocate.
Pros
decent salary
Cons
poor management, expensive health care benefits.
Productive, relaxed atmosphere
Remittance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoyed my job but the assignment has ended because the contract was not renewable. I really enjoy my job and duties that I was assigned on a daily basis. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience. The atmosphere was stressful at times but overall it was a nice place of employment.
Pros
Flex time and relaxed dress code on Fridai
Cons
Mandatory overtime without notice
Fast-paced place to work and make a difference in the world
Technical Lead - Business Analysts (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCDecember 9, 2017
Great work environment with hard-working, dedicated people. It was great to work on meaningful assignments ultimately intended to help first responders do their jobs.
Stressful, bang your head against the wall in futility
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLDecember 4, 2017
Recently bought out by Vista Equity Partners and renamed Superion, this group only wants the lowest paid employees. All staff must work in an office (no remote) and therefore anyone who knew anything about their software is now gone.
It is nearly impossible to support their existing client base - and is frustrating beyond measure.
Management does not care about the fact that it is the employees taking the brunt of the customers anger. Once that customer does finally explode and go directly to a manager, then it is expected that everyone will drop what they are doing and resolve that customers problems right then and there.
Employees are down trodden and worried about lay offs. Poor atmosphere to work in.
The products are all very old and with this type of leadership it is doubtful anything new will come out in time to save this ship from sinking completely.
Pros
Paid time off, occasional parties
Cons
Expense health coverage with high deductibles, management that just doesn't care about staff
Company undergoing culture revamping
Director, Chief Information Officer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2017
The IT organizations were being re-organized into a central supporting staff instead of being a part of the individual business units. Although it is an admirable attempt to reduce overall staff, not enough staff is available to cover multiple divisions doing different work on diverse platforms.
Average
Product Support Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLOctober 12, 2017
Work with clients to resolve their issues. Some are software related, but most are user related. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I have good coworkers and there is a relaxed environment. The most difficult part of the job is that there is a lack of training and there have been layoffs leaving our area extremely understaffed. I've learned a lot of command line commands for AS400 for queries and data correcting.
Tense
Quality Analyst \ Tester (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAOctober 8, 2017
Poor management, no direction, false sense of security and no raises in 3 years. no room for advancement. looks to be re sold again in 2 years or less
Pros
Cons
everything has gone bad
Programmer/Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Heathrow, FLSeptember 21, 2017
Great place to work. Great co workers very supportive. Allowed to make my own hours and worked from home. Company was purchased recently and upper management does not seem to care about long term clients.
Lack of advancement, in decline since Vista purchase.
Software Release Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLSeptember 20, 2017
Poor work/life balance, expected to work long hours with little recognition.
Aggressive cost cutting, closing offices with frequent layoffs.
Outstanding coworkers due to the challenging environment and long hours.
Pros
Friday AM breakfast, co-workers.
Cons
Vista Purchase, too many layoffs and talent/knowledge bleeding.
Shifting Culture
SR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 14, 2017
Tenure and career path was rewarding. Hardest part of job was constant change in job description. Corporate Culture is Under New Management; top heavy. Shifting away from customer focus.
Pros
Great work/life balance; Passionate Employees and Clients.
Cons
Employment Uncertainty

Want to know more about Superion?

Ask a question
no professional growth
Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLAugust 30, 2017
No advancement from within. Before being bought out it was one of the best places to work in the greater orlando area. Level of benefits have depleted immensely.
Good company to work at
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 30, 2017
The company was a great company to work out, it just wasn't my field or my passion. Every one was respectful and nice. I would recommend people to work there.
Pros
NIce people
Cons
Not my field of inerest
mgmt
Sr. Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2017
Experienced, highly persuasive leader with the inherent ability to turn data into information and create actionable items. Strong Financial and Business acumen with focus on being an Advisor to Sr. Executives. Execution focused, strategic thinker that drives with leadership and influencing abilities.
Strong change management professional with a focus on results within a virtual environment.
good
Marketing Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLJuly 25, 2017
relaxed atmosphere. everyone is friendly and do their part. benefits such as medical, vision, and student reimbursement are good. there is room for growth as well.
Great people who have worked there many years and know their industry
Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 21, 2017
Many products have legacy technology that is difficult to migrate to current standards. Generally, product investments are driven by the customers. Eliminated their research and development group and many under performing products which left significant gaps in solutions and minimal opportunity to become the market leading software vendor.

Work-life balance varied depending on the sales commitments. Otherwise, the organizational culture was very good since people worked closely for many years.

Many reorganizations over the years resulting in senior leadership being out of touch and decisions being made without much input.
Pros
If making revenue targets, had a lot of autonimy in the individual business units
Cons
Downsized many times, only invested in the products making the most revenue, many small dispersed offices with few amenities
Another excellent company destroyed by Edward Lewis from Pretty Woman
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJune 20, 2017
Direct management and coworkers are the best you will ever find. We work together smoothly as a team and there is a desire to share knowledge and lessons learned. Sadly we are all puppets to the greedy, no good, thieves that now own us. For senior leadership the word Customers has become a dirty "C" word, never to be mentioned or considered. At times I think our leaders are secretly working for our competitor.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Benefits, Senior "Leadership"
Cloud Infrastructure
Systems Administrator Cloud (Former Employee) –  Lake Mary, FLMay 29, 2017
Continuous Urgent Deadlines, the position lacks training but come with harsh penalty if and issue arises the management never gets the blame. It is a great Job if you need a job.

Handled VMWare, Cloud Infrastructure, Active Directory, Netbackup, SAN and Enterprise Level Anti-Virus.
Pros
Excellent Experience with Enterprise Environment
Cons
Management discriminates between employees and the rules
It was a very nice env. until the foreign owners decided to shut it down
Senior Developer (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMay 29, 2017
I spent 5 very productive and enjoyable years, until our company has been bought it. Then the last two years were the twilight of what has been brilliant before. The new owners made miserable the life the old clients in order to kick them out and be able to close the shack with no remorse.
Good client work experience but under tight time constraints
BusinessSystems Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Malvern, PAMay 25, 2017
Worked at Sungard as a contractor for 3 years. Had to solve complex client reporting analysis and development issues, write design documents, and complete assignments sometimes with tight deadlines. I worked from home but 100% working from home wasn't as good for me, may work for some people. Client work was interesting but sometimes had to work under pressure. Note: Sungard acquired by FIS in 2015.
Pros
Good client work experience
Cons
Tight deadlines, had to work under pressure
Supportive environment; leadership effectiveness varies
Information Technology (IT) Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 24, 2017
Great place for a mid-career professional that is familiar with the ropes and expectations. Environment was not the best for an entry-level analyst. Overall, good experience.
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
few projects

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superion. Our community is ready to answer.