Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc.

Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc. Employee Reviews

Decent Stepping stone for Ems
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Vernon Hills, ILApril 19, 2017
If you are looking for a first time EMS job this is a great place to work. I have been there almost 3 years and it is a decent place. Depending on the station its tight knit
Benefits
Cons
Management sometimes
Stay away!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 7, 2017
I worked at Superior for almost five years. Leaving was the best thing that could have happened to me. I had close interactions with the senior management staff and can honestly say they are out for themselves. They take advantage of new EMTs/Medics and don't care. They force people to work 4 to 6 hours past their off time and punish anyone who questions management. HR is pretty much run by operations and you can't go to anyone if you have an issue with the way they are doing things. If you are considering working at Superior, just be prepared to have them dictate your life. They pay is low and equipment is outdated.
Pros
Cons
Pay, management, no work/life balance
Great people to work with but......
EMT-Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 31, 2017
Healthcare is a business. I understand that. But when a company's main drive is money it makes for a bad patient care company. I shouldn't of had to skirt patient care just to see how many calls I could pump out in one day. This company is all about the almighty dollar and not the people they should be caring for much less their employees. But if your looking for a busy day this place will give you that.
Pros
Never had an issue with the people I worked with.
Cons
Patient care was lacking due to not giving enough time for each patient
Official response from Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc.
May 15, 2017

Superior sincerely apologizes for your frustrations. We pride ourselves on providing excellent customer service and do get very busy from time to time. We take all concerns very seriously and will take a look at our processes when needed. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Productive and fun place with pool table
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 10, 2017
You get to meet new people every time, the work place environment is great and the job is fantastic. And you can always rely and trust your managers including Human Resources
Pros
Free lunch on special occasion
Cons
Early shifts
Great for Entry Level
Medical Courier (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILMarch 1, 2017
Superior will allow those straight of out school a chance or those that might like to get into the healthcare field a shot at it. Courier management is not the greatest; lack of response being the most annoying thing. Having trouble with something call anyone, but management. On a weekend --- good luck at all getting the answers, dispatch generally can't help either. Pay was fine, job was fine (somewhat boring at times, but fine). Coworkers make it enjoyable.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Management lack of response, recommend more training for non-EMT's
good company
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 12, 2017
A typical day will be loaded with transports from facility to facility. the hardest part would have to be just looking at some of the people we transport conditions.
Amazing place to work
Coding and Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 19, 2017
you can literally advance yourself in the company!
I learned about billing and coding.
management was top notch.
they listened and helped the best they could.
Pros
Weekends off
laid back, you literally can't get fired
Emergency Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Job security is nice, VERY hard to get fired, which is also bad because all the bad people stay. Laid back most of the time. Stations suck. Ambulances suck. Morale sucks. Job is boring. No room for advancement because the management positions rarely change because the job is so easy, why would they leave an easy job they get paid a good amount to do. Management is useless. Duh. There is nothing even challenging about this job. Literally anyone can do it. Coworkers make it fun, or horrible. Depends on the station. Great benefits though
Pros
easy
Cons
easy, no challenge, okay people I guess, good benefits
Leave Superior as a last resort for employment.
EMT P (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJune 4, 2016
Management at Superior is the worst I have ever dealt with, little ( if any) experience. Everything that goes wrong is a crew's fault, never theirs. Dispatch is always sending Ambulances lights/sirens to Hospitals for stable patients, better response times to keep their accounts happy. I've been here a little over 1 year & read other reviews about Superior, I can't for the life of me understand how anybody likes this place. It's HORRIBLE!
Pros
Not much
Cons
Managers, vehicle maintenance, accounts & types of calls, the people working here, etc, etc.
very productive workplace
Prebiller (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILNovember 15, 2015
working here has definitely been a life changing experience, i love helping people and working here has allowed me to do just that.
Medicare/caid fraud everyday!
EMT (Current Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILNovember 12, 2015
Superior sends an Ambulance lights/sirens to stable calls so they can charge more $$! Calls that are wheelchair van transfers turned into Ambulance transfers so they can charge more $$, Leaving Ambulances outside unattended all night & unlocked with everything left inside to be stolen or freeze in the cold. Absolutely NO quality assurance what so ever at Superior Ambulance Illinois.
Pros
Cons
Refer to above.
entry level friendly
Coder (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 24, 2015
great starter company if your fresh out of school. not much room for advancement and raises arent too great unless your friends with your manager.
Productive and very easy going workplace with great team members
Driver (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INOctober 23, 2015
A typical day of work consists of being dispatched to transport patients to nursing homes, hospitals, or even their homes because of and emergency or the inability to transport themselves. During the transport we provided care for the patient and ensured their comfortability. Some days we would have calls back to back without much time to relax in between and other days we would have sustantial time to ourselves.
Great managers
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILAugust 24, 2015
Great company, management was always there to build people up. Great co-workers, hardest part of the job was learning some of the medical term
Pros
Comfortable work enviroment
Cons
Terrible place to work, unless you like being treated worse than an animal.
EMT (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILJuly 18, 2015
Where to even begin with this place. First off this place was the absolute worst place that I have ever worked in my life. When I first started here, I was so excited to be getting on the ambulance and trying to help people. But soon after that Superior began to suck the life right out of that. They will work you like a dog, and at the minimum you think that they would at least tell you good job or nice work. But instead all they do is complain about what you did wrong or how you have to do things better. They don't care at all about anything in your personal life, (especially if your taking care of your sick grandfather who has alzheimerz) because at here they will take every ounce of you wanting to help people and just crush it like a bug. After the first month of working there, I don't think I ever had a good day after that. They fired some of my best friends there for stuff that you wouldnt even get a warning for at most jobs. So in closing if you want to have the life and soul sucked out of you, so that these people can profit by all means you can have it, but for the rest of you just run as fast as you can away from this place and never look back because if you are working for Superior, I can promise you that you are going to be MISERABLE!!!!!!! until you leave this place. Finding a new job literally turned my life around after working here. So take it from someone who worked and busted there butt for this place for 4 years, I hope this place is never allowed to do business ever again and everyone in upper management should spend the rest of their lives in prison for the  more... lives they have destroyed over the years and the people who they have screwed out of jobs for no reason, and the patients who they overcharged just for the heck of it.  less
Pros
I honestly wish there was something positive
Cons
Everything that has that is associated with the name Superior
Skip this job.
Former A/R employee (Former Employee) –  Elmhurst, IlMay 24, 2015
Worst experience ever! Management is a joke. Raises are almost non existent. Watched the A/R dept decline to lowest point. Long term employees all being forced out, or quitting due to poor management and incompetence and laziness of coworkers. More like a gossip session at Denny's. Hence why they are always behind.
Pros
Humm. none come to mind. A parking spot in the morning.
Cons
Management. Favouritism. Many employees more educated than your management???
It wouldnt be hard to have a better wotk environment but they go out of their way to make it suck.
paramedic (Former Employee) –  elmhurstMay 22, 2015
Terrible management and ownership. This place would be closed down and the owner put in prison. Medicare is overcharged, the employees are treated like cattle and so are the patients.
Pros
Cons
the uniforms, the management, the hours, he lack of real training, i could go on and on..
Definitely one of the better private ambulance services
Paramedic/FTO (Current Employee) –  INMay 15, 2015
I've been with superior on and off for the past 15 years. Excellent pay , definitely leading in benefits. Just like any other place you find your PROS AND CONS. Overall a good place to work. I have no clue where people would say no job security.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
dispatcher ignorance at times
Probably the best paying place to work in the chicagoland area
Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILApril 19, 2015
Management has a serious disconnect with employees. Hold overs are frequent ( every other shift). Abundance of overtime and shifts to work. The tie is terrible to wear and makes you the laughing stock of all area providers. The company cares very little for the employees as evidenced by station closings and job eliminations without notification. The company has taken various steps to move into a more corporate structure without being bothered to hire anyone who knows how to run a corporation resulting in a pretty miserable environment to work. The critical care team is a joke with the only real education from a 2 week UMBC class and further education from a paramedic with no real credentials or education to speak of but feeling entitled to critique Nurses on how to perform the job. If you need money then its a no brainer just have a plan to get out and quickly.
Pros
Cons
holdovers, no raises in 4 years, the tie, management
no job security, poor working conditions
Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Vernon HillsNovember 29, 2014
Company values money over employee relations or patient care. You are expected to work in poorly supplied ambulances that almost constantly break down. Management is more concerned with whether you have your tie on or not or whether or not you have a shaved face than whether or not you are properly supplied/prepared to care for patients or yourself.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
management, working conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Air-Ground Ambulance Service, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9