Superior Beverage Group Employee Reviews in United States

Worst job ever
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHFebruary 14, 2016
Worst job I've ever had and I worked over 25 years of my life management young and horrible no managing or people skills. It's all about whom is related to whom... racially biased mostly kids under the age of 25 in the time I was there I never once attended a safety meeting received 1 raise in 3 years of $0.25 you come to management with your issues or suggestions which are never act upon nor reconciled no chance for advancement within no matter how hard of a worker you are or what work experience you have the night shift manager needs to stick to parking cars .
Pros
No work experience needed
Cons
Not well compensated for experience
Fast paced and challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 17, 2016
As a sales rep, I would sell beverages (mostly beer and wine) to accounts like grocery stores and liquor stores. There were always new items and new flavors to sell. We had monthly or weekly goals on many items. Your manager would push to increase sales, but was always willing to support. Colleagues are fantastic! Best people I have ever worked with. Competitive environment with all the new products we had to sell against competitive distributors. Hardest part of the job is time management, there was always one more thing you could sell or do...gets better as you go. Most enjoyable part of the job is what you got from it; good pay, better products to sell than competition, opportunity for advancement, continuing education, interpersonal development, co-workers that are willing to do anything to help you!
OTR driver- Columbus Ohio
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus- OHApril 20, 2015
Company pay and benefits are fantastic, you get allowances for work boots, attendance bonuses and perks during holidays. Work/life balance is a little lacking, be prepared to work 12-14 hours a day and to only have the weekends to do anything. For OTR pay is not hourly. No overtime , which is bad considering the amount of hours you will work a week,nearly 60. Management is competent , they know what to do in case you need them, problem is they are only there during the day, and leave at 5pm. There is no night time management to call for help when there is a problem. Coworkers are decent, some work hard, some don't. I guess that's the same anywhere. The most enjoyable part about the job is being on your own and driving.
Pros
Perks and freebies during holidays, attendance pay, work boot allowance
Cons
No night time driver manager, no hourly pay, long days
Competitive and High Volume
Space Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2015
At Superior I would go in and out of retailers all day long trying to get every bit of product I could into each store. Our management was great, always had our backs and was with us through every obstacle that would arise. I am still friends today with most of my co-workers today and still have a great relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and holiday hours. The best part of the job was being out in front of different people every day.
Only if you can't find somewhere else.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJune 28, 2014
Work/life balance, forget that. And get back to work, slacker.

Compensation/benefits are above average, but I wouldn't rate them well as you will need the benefits to get medical care for stress, high blood pressure, and cardiac issues.

Job security is shaky as a one legged ladder. You want a kevlar vest for your BACK when you are there with the culture that is there.

High level advancement is rare unless you marry into the owners' family, then you are "in there like swimwear."

Middle management is average, but executive management makes/cultivates the culture there to be unbearable.

In summary, Superior Beverage likes to buy smaller distributors, and in so doing, their employees, if they take them. EXTREMELY anti-union, so they aren't welcome. I would guess that 90% of the rest of the employees that came with the purchase are with other employers within 3-5 years because of how much they hate Superior Beverage.
Pros
too few to list.
Cons
too many to list, if i didn't below.
Tough job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 17, 2016
Fun group to work with. Pretty standard warehouse and sales jobs. Great way to stay in shape. Sometimes long hours. Overall good experience.
Good starter job, little to no advancement
Merchandiser then Sales (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2013
This place is a good start if you want into the beverage industry. You learn from the ground up and the job has its perks. The employees are great and the product is too. They do a poor job of training for the next level and there is very little room for upward mobility. They also stifle movement into breweries or other opportunities in their network, blacklisting you if they find out you want to grow beyond your current position. The management is seems stuck for change and struggles when change comes about. The events are great and the people you can meet are a bonus as well. This is a good starting block for young sales people who want a career in the beverage industry.
Pros
people, product, experience
Cons
lack of training, growth and pay advancement
Back breaking work for little pay
Merchandiser / Entry-Level Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2014
There was little to no training for the position. Basically left to figure it out on your own. The communication between upper management and sales department could use some help. Most of the time didn't have enough p.o.s. to support my displays. It's a very physically demanding job. If you are lazy do not apply!
Pros
working on your own and decent benefits
Cons
little room for advancement
Average
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHOctober 22, 2012
A typical day of work is a very demanding job on the back and body but besides that the benefits are good, though advancement lacks for those who do work hard based on people to lean on rather than progress along
Pros
good health insurance
Cons
no room to advance
Coworkers were great upper management/ HR & the owner Dont have a clue what they are doing.
Sales rep (Current Employee) –  Solon OhioFebruary 15, 2014
A great company is only as great as their employees. I would say we have the strongest work force ever, hardest working nights weekend and we give it our all with no extra compensation or raise ever! I have been there for years and have seen nothing. The company cheats their employees out of every last penny on incentives. Supplies have told me many times that the pay out was supposed to be higher then what was given. They have little respect for their employees and Dont date to value their opinion. Some of the greatest sales reps ever that have walked the halls of that building are now dropping like flies. They have to cheat and make up false invoices to try and be number one at everything. The HR department is a major joke they Dont know how to handle their responsibility. Their are supposed to be a department where you can feel free to talk about problems you are facing but it always leaves in some sort of argument and also the whole company knows by the end of the day. The positive... job security it is beer and wine. Also the coworkers who are not attached to the family. Overall rating .... 2 out of. I need to get out while I can.
Pros
job security
Cons
pay is bad. work weekends nights. have to sell out of your trunk some days
Driver/ night loader (Current Employee) –  columbus ohioMarch 4, 2013
3rd shift, you start by getting your assinments and its right to work, and its a can do no matter what it takes to get the job done, and for me i have been there for 11years on night shift and as a otr driver so in saying that, there is nothing you learn new because you have already been there and done it. as far as management they are the best in this indurstry, they will never ask you to do anything that they have not already done or been through. my co-workers are fun are fun, we joke and kid around with one another threw out the evening, even though the work is hard, we still pull eachother therw everynight and laugh, at the end of the night. the hardest part of our job is the hoialdays, we need to be at work at 6pm and on the hoiladays you half to leave to go to work, leave your friends and your family, that is the hardest part of my job. the people i work with, that is what makes work fun and interesting.
Great company with excellent benefits
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHMarch 12, 2014
Superior is a wonderful company to work for. Their benefits are A-1 especially since Obamacare took place. They take great care of their employees and there is a lot of room for advancement within.
Pros
pay, travel reimbursement, benefits, security
Cons
lack of training and materials for my position
fast paced aggresive distribution and sales
Day Shift Warehouse Operations/ Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 3, 2014
shipping/receiving product from breweries. inventory of all product and product shipments. I have learned to respect the detail and depth of the beverage industry. I learned and worked with so many great employees and enjoyed the many diverse examples of productivity. the hardest part of my job was time restraints and doc appointments within a timed shift. The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting those objectives that seemed impossible, and yet through hard work were obtained.
Pros
wage, benefits, retirement
Cons
short lunch
Great company to work for.
Nighttime Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Hard work for the hard working person. Management is around when you need them. Help is available most of the time when you need it, Great compnay
Work as much as you want
Delivery/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHSeptember 15, 2014
you can work all day and night and work yourself to death if your not careful. I learned real quick that you have to say no and mean it.
Pros
free workout center, great management
Cons
no breaks, hot out and sweaty
The job itself it great to be able to be outside everyday and talking to people
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Glen Willow OhioMarch 19, 2012
There is no room for any growth as far as pay. Justifications for keeping people at a lower pay grade are ridiculous. HR department is on the side of management due to the fact that they were basically married into their job.
Not a reliable job
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHDecember 16, 2013
Its a family owned business, so they mainly hire within, little to any advancements, can be difficult to learn different departments. Medium work..
Cons
bad managment, little to none advancements, alot of contradicting within managment.
Good pay long hours
Materials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJune 10, 2014
Great people to work with, management is mediocre. no set off time, and not much of chance to move up in the company from what I have seen thus far.
Productive workplace
Merchandiser (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHAugust 26, 2014
Build and/or rotate displays. Constant communication with customers to ensure satisfaction with work done in stores. Communication with sales representatives on daily basis on any concerns or questions. Area sales manager checked in weekly to see how things were going and offer advice to improve my skills. The hardest part of the job was deciding on which stores were top priority. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to express my own designs with the displays.
productive workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJune 11, 2014
delivery of various products to food establishments in ohio and surrounding states.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no opportunities for advancement

Superior Beverage Group Reviews by Location