Superior Beverage Group Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Grocery Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2017
A professional environment with a respected management team made this job easy to come back to. Great co-workers who were even better outside of working hours. It was a great stepping stone to my current profession and I am very grateful of the opportunity I had there.
benefits
Cons
less holidays off
Productive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 6, 2017
Great place to work and start a career. Good people within organization. The management team from Top to Bottom all have aligned sales goals. Great workplace and good environment to work in.
Successful company.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHFebruary 16, 2017
The typical week would consist of 65 hours over 6 days. The most enjoyable part of the job was my customers and my fellow teammates in my district. We worked well together and helped each other out when needed. I feel working together to achieve a goal is important. The hardest part of the job was the ever evolving door of new products that we had to be able to learn about. At times, that would effect work and life balance but the key is the will to learn in which I have.
Good job
3rd shift warehouse (Current Employee) –  Solon, OHFebruary 6, 2017
Work's good. Lot of lifting but nothing you can't handle. Other worker's are nice people. Learn new technology and skills.
Pros
Work goes by fast, probably the best job I ever had
Cons
Some shifts are very long
Great Start
Diesel and Vertique System Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Solon, OH 44139January 6, 2017
Very Friendly nice place to get you up on your feet again. the work day usually goes by very quick I cant complain over all had a great experience.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Tough job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 17, 2016
Fun group to work with. Pretty standard warehouse and sales jobs. Great way to stay in shape. Sometimes long hours. Overall good experience.
Fast paced and challenging
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHMay 17, 2016
As a sales rep, I would sell beverages (mostly beer and wine) to accounts like grocery stores and liquor stores. There were always new items and new flavors to sell. We had monthly or weekly goals on many items. Your manager would push to increase sales, but was always willing to support. Colleagues are fantastic! Best people I have ever worked with. Competitive environment with all the new products we had to sell against competitive distributors. Hardest part of the job is time management, there was always one more thing you could sell or do...gets better as you go. Most enjoyable part of the job is what you got from it; good pay, better products to sell than competition, opportunity for advancement, continuing education, interpersonal development, co-workers that are willing to do anything to help you!
Worst job ever
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHFebruary 14, 2016
Worst job I've ever had and I worked over 25 years of my life management young and horrible no managing or people skills. It's all about whom is related to whom... racially biased mostly kids under the age of 25 in the time I was there I never once attended a safety meeting received 1 raise in 3 years of $0.25 you come to management with your issues or suggestions which are never act upon nor reconciled no chance for advancement within no matter how hard of a worker you are or what work experience you have the night shift manager needs to stick to parking cars .
Pros
No work experience needed
Cons
Not well compensated for experience
Competitive and High Volume
Space Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 5, 2015
At Superior I would go in and out of retailers all day long trying to get every bit of product I could into each store. Our management was great, always had our backs and was with us through every obstacle that would arise. I am still friends today with most of my co-workers today and still have a great relationship with them. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and holiday hours. The best part of the job was being out in front of different people every day.
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJuly 21, 2015
Given you reach your goals and finish your routes in time, you have a lot of independence and good work/life balance. Great rapport with co-workers and managers.
OTR driver- Columbus Ohio
OTR driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus- OHApril 20, 2015
Company pay and benefits are fantastic, you get allowances for work boots, attendance bonuses and perks during holidays. Work/life balance is a little lacking, be prepared to work 12-14 hours a day and to only have the weekends to do anything. For OTR pay is not hourly. No overtime , which is bad considering the amount of hours you will work a week,nearly 60. Management is competent , they know what to do in case you need them, problem is they are only there during the day, and leave at 5pm. There is no night time management to call for help when there is a problem. Coworkers are decent, some work hard, some don't. I guess that's the same anywhere. The most enjoyable part about the job is being on your own and driving.
Pros
Perks and freebies during holidays, attendance pay, work boot allowance
Cons
No night time driver manager, no hourly pay, long days
Great company to work for.
Nighttime Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHFebruary 2, 2015
Hard work for the hard working person. Management is around when you need them. Help is available most of the time when you need it, Great compnay
Challenging
Sales (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 2, 2014
Challenging, 90 year old company, family owned, Fun product portfolio to work with. Customers are the best as is the suppliers.
Work as much as you want
Delivery/Shuttle Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHSeptember 15, 2014
you can work all day and night and work yourself to death if your not careful. I learned real quick that you have to say no and mean it.
Pros
Free workout center, great management
Cons
no breaks, hot out and sweaty
Productive workplace
Merchandiser (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHAugust 26, 2014
Build and/or rotate displays. Constant communication with customers to ensure satisfaction with work done in stores. Communication with sales representatives on daily basis on any concerns or questions. Area sales manager checked in weekly to see how things were going and offer advice to improve my skills. The hardest part of the job was deciding on which stores were top priority. The most enjoyable part of the job was the freedom to express my own designs with the displays.
Only if you can't find somewhere else.
Administration (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJune 28, 2014
Work/life balance, forget that. And get back to work, slacker.

Compensation/benefits are above average, but I wouldn't rate them well as you will need the benefits to get medical care for stress, high blood pressure, and cardiac issues.

Job security is shaky as a one legged ladder. You want a kevlar vest for your BACK when you are there with the culture that is there.

High level advancement is rare unless you marry into the owners' family, then you are "in there like swimwear."

Middle management is average, but executive management makes/cultivates the culture there to be unbearable.

In summary, Superior Beverage likes to buy smaller distributors, and in so doing, their employees, if they take them. EXTREMELY anti-union, so they aren't welcome. I would guess that 90% of the rest of the employees that came with the purchase are with other employers within 3-5 years because of how much they hate Superior Beverage.
Pros
Too few to list.
Cons
Too many to list, if I didn't below.
productive workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJune 11, 2014
delivery of various products to food establishments in ohio and surrounding states.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No opportunities for advancement
Good pay long hours
Materials Specialist (Current Employee) –  Glenwillow, OHJune 10, 2014
Great people to work with, management is mediocre. no set off time, and not much of chance to move up in the company from what I have seen thus far.
Gained valuable Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 27, 2014
Superior allowed me to independently develop valuable experience that will be an asset to me in the future.
Back breaking work for little pay
Merchandiser / Entry-Level Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 26, 2014
There was little to no training for the position. Basically left to figure it out on your own. The communication between upper management and sales department could use some help. Most of the time didn't have enough p.o.s. to support my displays. It's a very physically demanding job. If you are lazy do not apply!
Pros
working on your own and decent benefits
Cons
little room for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Beverage Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Superior Beverage Group Reviews by Location