Superior Court Employee Reviews

the court system is very interesting
Pima County Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 18, 2016
My position varied from helping attorney's, getting new cases ready for court. Mental Health order issued for sheriffs. assisting the counter for walk in customer needing general information.
Pros
Each case was different
Cons
when you know the answer but not allowed to give due to rules and statues, as we were only clerks of the court, not attorney. therefore we were unable to give the answer only procedure
Superior Court
Court Reporter (Former Employee) –  Port Angeles, WAJanuary 5, 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working in Clallam County Superior Court.
I had a very good relationship with my judge, and the other judges in superior, family and district court, as well as the Superior and District Court clerk staff and attorneys I encountered on a daily basis.

I enjoy transcription, either from my own steno writing or working with audio files, and take pride in producing a reliable, honest and accurate verbatim product.
Pros
benefits, environment, co-workers
Cons
my position was deleted
It´s a Court in Venezuela.
Administrative Dispute - Capital Region (Former Employee) –  Venezuela, PRAugust 29, 2016
Was my first work experience, being greatful for it, but it´s not exaclty the place to fullfill someone's aspirations.

Therefore i needed something else. Thats why i decided to study an MBA.
Pros
first job experience
Cons
salary and future.
A job that left you feeling like you made the world a better place.
Clerk of the Court (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 8, 2016
Very fast-paced environment. Answer to your Judge, Courtroom Clerk, Business Office Supervisor, the General Public and local Attorneys. High stress and high satisfaction
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
High stress
Good not for experienced people. not happy at this ime. working enviroment to what I thought it would be
Maricopa County Clerk (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2016
Good for younger generation.

need a change of venue. The environment
not what I expected. Salary is to low for the volume of work that is required.
fun place to work at
Court Interpreter (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 6, 2016
funny customers they really make it fun to assist them. busy days most of the times. managers were very chill. free lunches most days and parties always .
Pros
free lunches nice managers
Cons
no benefits
multi-tasks working environment
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 19, 2016
multi-task desk work along with customer service at the same time. prioritize work for the week. 1 hour lunch time and retirement plan.
Peaceful Environment
Court Clerk (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CADecember 4, 2015
Nice work place to be in it. Benefits were get paid holidays, ever gov holiday paid and off. less work task and paid decent. Also employees would gossip also I would see that as a con but if you don't let that get to you just do your work task then your good.
Pros
Benefits, Also of days off paid, Exc
Cons
Gossiping Employees
This was the greatest opportunity of my life, but had to leave to join my miliary husband.
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bisbee, AZFebruary 25, 2016
This was a great opportunity and I was able to use my shorthand and typing skills every day. It was extremely interesting and sometimes very tragic I worked juvenile and family cases.
It was a fun; professional office with helpful coworkers.
Filers Assistant- Superior Court's Clerk of Court (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPMay 31, 2016
Everyday I would enter work and go straight to clocking in. Afterwards, I'd look around to see if anything needs to be done, such as: filing, bar coding, scanning, or duplication. Sometimes I'd already be working, but the other clerks would need me to run an errand, like bringing a document to one of the judge's secretary, so I'd have to stop what I'm doing for a while and finish the task I was asked to do.

I learned that office work is a lot more busy than people think. There is so much to do, and even if it all sounds like an easy task that can be done quickly, you'd have another job to do right after. Working there allowed me to increase my work speed with accuracy and handle working alone, due to everyone having their agenda.

My co-workers were all patient people, they understood that I was just a co-op student and didn't really make a big deal out of my mistakes. I enjoyed how they loved to joke around and make me laugh, just so the room isn't so awkward. They made my experience there a fun one.

The hardest part of the job was actually finishing the things we were doing. For example, I'd be scanning a bunch of files one day with maybe a couple of leftovers; the next day I'd have even more files than I started with yesterday. This really made me work faster because there were other things to do.

The most enjoyable part of the job was when we left the clerks office to file some old files in the archives, or a.k.a. Jurassic Room. Me and my co-worker would play some music and race to see who can file the most, and the loser would have to treat the winner to a drink
  more... from the vending machine.  less
Pros
Inside experience of the Judicial Clerk of Court
Cons
n/a
Learned the side of the court procedure
Judge John L. Parrott (Former Employee) –  Monticello, GANovember 20, 2015
Learned how the court procedure works. Enjoyed working with the different person whom I came in contact with on a daily basis. My co-workers were great.
Pros
time worked accounted for time off
Cons
no job security
Productive place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2013
A typical day at work would be to assist attorneys, court staff, Judges and litigants. My assigned Judges were fun to work with and working in the courtroom with them gave me a chance to see what actually goes on behind the scenes. The hardest part of job was to trying to accomplish your office work in the courtroom when trials would occur. Loved working with counsel during criminal and civil trials. Would love to return to Superior Court, just to do desk work and assist the public and attorneys
Pros
everyone got along, no backbiting and foolishness
Cons
insuffient pay for the work being donem although benefits were great. at that time, i had two childrent to raise and was a single parent
Great place of employment, low pay scale.
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  DurhamAugust 10, 2015
Great place to work, not challenging enough for me. Not much place for advancement. Pay scale extremely low for my knowledge and skills I have to offer.
Pros
typical work week, weekends and holidays off
Cons
wages
Secure Job With Great Benefits
Courtroom Clerk (Current Employee) –  Downtown TucsonDecember 16, 2014
I am a courtroom clerk who produces all official documents to issue from all hearings. I also handle all exhibits and/or evidence, work with the public, and communicate with Judges and other staff of the Superior Court to ensure all people(s) understand their own personal process.
Pros
great benefits; work-life balance
Cons
tough to advance
Just not where I see myself right now
Pima County Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 29, 2015
This is an amazing place with amazing people. However, my heart is not in legal as it was a couple years ago. I still feel like I belong in automotive. Cubicle land is not where I see myself at this point in my life.
Pros
State and County mixture, learning ability and people
Cons
pay and cubicles
Professional work environment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Florence, AZApril 24, 2013
The primary function of the office of the Clerk of the Superior Court is to process and maintain all court documents and case files. There is a family of people who work hard at orchestrating every aspect to achieve quick, courteous and reliable processing and maintenance of case file information.

There is a constant flow of information from Judges, attorneys, office staff and stake holders. Ensuring all the information converges in the right place at the right time is challenging.

I find that constant communication with everyone involved in achieving the task at hand is the best way to accomplish shared goals.

Identifying, developing and implementing streamlined processes to achieve these goals gave me a great deal of satisfaction in improving end results.
Pros
team environment
I loved to work hard, I follow instructions and always try to find more job
Secretary of the Superior Court (Current Employee) –  Ponce, PROctober 21, 2012
I will work the days you asigned me, but will liked not to work in nights, Im married. I learned how to treat with people, I travel a lot so I know and understand english it gives me a little problem to talk in english but I understand, I know how to work with computers, with people, love to work hard and have too much work so I keep my mind busy. I think the most enjoyable part of my job its see how people concerns get to its place.
Cons
healthcare
Excellent dept. to work for.
Surveillance Officer (Retired) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 26, 2015
Looked forward to every day on duty. Was able to get many domestic violence probationers back to a normal life. Great organization to work for.
Very interest place to work with good benifits.
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2013
A wonderful place to work. There are many chances for promotion in ones fields of interest and the ability to train on the job in many areas throughout the year. A very good benefit package.
Pros
numerous chances at training in a broad spectrum of interests.
Cons
advancement proccess too subjective
C- Average
Court Services Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Mojave, CAMarch 12, 2014
Hard work, non-stop stressful environment, internal promotions are a possibility, kind of like winning the lottery...possible but not likely. No team work, mostly he said she said and No communication between supervisor and subordinates! The lack of moral and lack of organization has created a hostile work environment.
Pros
n/a
Cons
ooh lots

4.2