Superior Court

Superior Court Employee Reviews

Busy environment
Volunteer Program (Current Employee), Mays Landing NJ 08330January 31, 2015
Diverse clientele.
Very busy environment with phones, defendants at window.
Always a question that has to be researched for the correct answer.
Co-workers are very helpful and informative.
The most enjoyable part about the job is the research and helping defendants get the correct answers to their problems!!
Secure Job With Great Benefits
Courtroom Clerk (Current Employee), Downtown TucsonDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great benefits; work-life balance
Cons: tough to advance
I am a courtroom clerk who produces all official documents to issue from all hearings. I also handle all exhibits and/or evidence, work with the public, and communicate with Judges and other staff of the Superior Court to ensure all people(s) understand their own personal process.
Perfect place to learn to become a lawyer
Law Clerk for Judge Paul A. Bacigalupo (Former Employee), Compton, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: encouraging
Worked with beyond competent attorneys to learn the fundamental skills to succeed as an attorney.
Human Identity and Recognitioin of Court Districts
Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: validation of professional credentials
Cons: offender placement and agency strategy to revoke licensing
I was able to identify other ways to create barriers when personal morals are involved regardless of the criminal provisions involved with such actions.

Unfortunately, life long struggles are altered for social learning, community development, personal wrongs and a minority democratic republic.
Productive, nice and positive workplace with room to grow.
Office Clerk (Temporary) (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 27, 2014
Pros: room for growth
Cons: love it all.
My typical day is pulling FTA, FTP, IVR and other lists for other,s in the use of compiling information. Getting the minute- orders and pulling the files needed for the court room. Labeling cites, stickering convelopes , checking cites and convelopes, obtaining and completing daily incoming mail, Training new Temps. Using office equipment such as, copier, printer, fax machine, mail folding machine. Researching information on computer and working with a great team of people.
Productive and good team work
Document Management Associate/File Room Associate (Former Employee), Mesa, AZMay 24, 2014
I enjoyed working with the team there. I managed the files accurately
and performed case consolidation works.
Exciting, rewarding, a constant learning process, great benefits
Supervising Court Services Clerk (Former Employee), Tahoe City, CAMay 20, 2014
Working as a Supervising Court Services Clerk for a Superior Court was, at the very least, challenging, along with being an extreme high pressure work environment. There was never enough time in the course of an eight-hour work day to accomplish all that needed to be done. However, at the end of each day, the rewards were immense.
I really enjoyed this job working with numbers and details from the Minute Entries.
Pinal County Clerk (Former Employee), Florence, AZApril 16, 2014
Pros: i really enjoyed our group of 5 ladies in fines and restitution
Cons: the distraction inside the building as departments were only partitioned off.
I spent 8 hours a day entering and adjusting financial information into the computer based on court rulings from Minute Entries for primarily Criminal cases and some civil cases. I also receipted payments from the mail, adult probation, juvenile probation and over the counter 2-3 days a week. I generated Criminal Restitution Orders per the court rulings and assisted customers and related departments.
I enjoyed the atmosphere at the Courthouse.
Deputy Court Clerk II (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAMarch 25, 2014
Pros: learning about filing procedures, interaction with deputies, balancing cash drawers.
Cons: manager
I worked for the Civil Division of the Superior Court and our cases mostly dealt with evictions and bill collections. My day consisted of reviewing documents submitted for filing and if everything was correct, I would file those documents, Otherwise, they would be returned for corrections. I also processed Small Claims appeals. I learned so much but one of the most important things I learned was that a sheriff's deputy would not serve an eviction notice unless the address was precisely correct. My co-workers were so varied and I enjoyed them all. The hardest part of the job was working with my manager who treated employees differently. If she liked you, you could do anything. If she didn't like you, she called you out on every little item, even when she did not know the details. The best part of the job was getting to know the deputies and getting to learn about the civil filing process and how accurate the documents had to be prior to them being filed with the court. I also enjoyed balancing the cash drawers we had at the close of business.
C- Average
Court Services Specialist II (Former Employee), Mojave, CAMarch 12, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: ooh lots
Hard work, non-stop stressful environment, internal promotions are a possibility, kind of like winning the lottery...possible but not likely. No team work, mostly he said she said and No communication between supervisor and subordinates! The lack of moral and lack of organization has created a hostile work environment.
Absolutely loved this job
Customer Service/Office Manager (Former Employee), Macon, GADecember 19, 2013
Pros: the satisfaction of knowing that you truly helped a peson that needed helping
Cons: that the job ended
I sincerely regret that this particular job had to end because it was most favorite of all the jobs I've had. I had the most amazing Supervisor. I had the opportunity to sincerely help a lot of people and that in itself is very self gratifying. I really miss working there!
A great place to start
Committee for Public Counsel (Former Employee), Pittsfield, MANovember 23, 2013
CPCS gives young lawyers a great platform from which to start their careers as litigators. The experience you will gain is unmatched.
Great place to work at.
Litigation Support Specialists I (Former Employee), Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2013
Great place to work at, great co-workers, great Supervisors and Managers.
Very interest place to work with good benifits.
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 1, 2013
Pros: numerous chances at training in a broad spectrum of interests.
Cons: advancement proccess too subjective
A wonderful place to work. There are many chances for promotion in ones fields of interest and the ability to train on the job in many areas throughout the year. A very good benefit package.
food pitch ins
Deputy Clerk (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 28, 2013
Pros: no time clocks, we were treated like adults for the most part.
Cons: temperature in the building was always freezing, and the chairs we sat in were horrible.and bad on the back.
the most enjoyable part was knowing how well i got along with the other co-workers and we all cared for each other. A typical day would start at 8 am. windows opened and we started serving customers.then lunch times and then more customers , we did get breaks in between. hardest part would be dealing with the difficult customers. My co-workers were awesome. i held the utmost respect for my managers.
running a court rooms calendar
CLERK (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: hours
setting up recording equipment, getting documents and filkes ready for hearings, confirming all orders, maintaing filing system, provided information to attorneys, litigants and the general public.
New tasks and responsibilities daily
Temporary Assistant Clerk (Current Employee), Milford, CTAugust 19, 2013
I very much enjoy working in a courthouse and the responsibility that comes with working with judges and preparing for hearings. My co-workers are great motivators and people who truly believe in the importance of teamwork.
Best job ever
Assistant/Deputy Clerk (Former Employee), Snow Hill, NCAugust 8, 2013
Great work environment and co-workers. Would not have left had husband not been transferred.
Superior Court House
Práctica de Investigación (Former Employee), Guayama, Puerto RicoAugust 8, 2013
Pros: working different places
Cons: lunch hour at 12:pm
I work at the Legal Assistance Office my duties there was giving people services and explain to them how the office work and if they wanted the services from our lawyers there they had to fill out a application and bring some document in to see if they could help them out and it had to be in first or second degree attempt for them to help and all depends on the victims. I also had to travel sometime to different places in Puerto Rico to know what happened in each case.
Productive place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEAugust 5, 2013
Pros: everyone got along, no backbiting and foolishness
Cons: insuffient pay for the work being donem although benefits were great. at that time, i had two childrent to raise and was a single parent
A typical day at work would be to assist attorneys, court staff, Judges and litigants. My assigned Judges were fun to work with and working in the courtroom with them gave me a chance to see what actually goes on behind the scenes. The hardest part of job was to trying to accomplish your office work in the courtroom when trials would occur. Loved working with counsel during criminal and civil trials. Would love to return to Superior Court, just to do desk work and assist the public and attorneys