Superior Electric Employee Reviews

This job was not for the faint of heart.
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LADecember 10, 2017
This job requires a lot of hard, nasty work. I realized this was not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. The pay was reasonable, but it required a lot of overtime.
A good place to learn commercial work
Apprentice Electrician/Commercial (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 20, 2017
I learned a lot about commercial work here. It was a good place to work my supervisor at the time was a jerk but you cant always pick who you work with.
Company is no longer in existence
Technical Copywriter, Marketing Communications (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 12, 2017
As far as I know Superior Electric does not exist in Bristol CT at this time. At least most of it was moved out of CT 15 years ago. The voltage conditioning portion was retained but has moved elsewhere.
Installing electric wiring
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 18, 2017
Seeing the building project from start to finish daily accomplishments in installing electric wiring,working as apprentice for 4 hears,then working as a journman tracing other apprentice the trade
Pros
Benefits an paid insurance an pensions
Cons
Being shocked
Productive work, very good people
Sr. Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Everett, WADecember 27, 2016
Good place to work.needed more contracts. However the people were great.And everyone had a good attitude. I wish they were ready to upgrade there purchaseing/ recieving system for more transparency.
great learning experience
Electrician Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 27, 2016
Hired me off the street, no experience, and proceeded to teach me the electrical trade. Great bunch of guys to work and learn under. We mainly we're involved in the transformation of fresh and easy grocery stores into grocery outlets, which involved, in some cases complete demo and rebuild of all electrical conduits, and switch gear.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No benefits, long commute
Very good small company atmosphere
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 21, 2015
Really enjoyed working for Superior Electric. Would still be employed there if i hadn't moved.The other employees were very friendly and easy to work with. The owners were very fast paced just the way i like it
Good company to work for
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CaAugust 12, 2015
Good co. to work for nice benefit package, great ppl and competitive
pay, work is in an industrial environment, dealing with mostly rigid, aluminum, and ocal conduit, cat5 data, plc's and LED lights
Pros
Good management, good pay
Cons
Not enough work
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCOctober 16, 2014
This was a great place to work. enjoyed the work environment and the team player element
Pros
professional
Cons
the commute
cust repair
Customer Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTMay 9, 2014
great place &
good bunch
was a great learning experience
...
Pros
was a good start
Cons
too bad company didnt grow
part time job
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Richards, TXJanuary 28, 2014
depends on where the job is and what got to be done there not really much more to say cuz it change from job to job
Pros
i get to pick and chose if and when i want to work or not
Very Challenging Work Experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Ludington, MIApril 7, 2013
The most challenging part of the job was learning QuickBooks from someone who did not know much about it. By the end of my almost 4 years, I had pretty much mastered the program.
A typical work day started out with a lot of data entry. I entered everything from timecards, to credit card receipts and invoices, and balancing all accounts payable. I also did all the billing for the previous days work.
I was the office manager, so I was in the office all of the time, my co-workers worked out in the field 90% of the time. When they were in the office we did have a great working relationship, I did everything they needed me to do to get them out on another job as fast as possible.
The hardest part of the job was the management. It was very difficult getting him to concentrate on one specific task at a time. He tried to multi-task to often which lead to incomplete projects and lots of frustration.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to work at my own pace and I was able to accomplish a lot in one day, and still have time to take on "extra projects". I took great pride in the fact that I could complete daily tasks plus extra all in one day.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits (i.e.) - insurance, 401k, vacation or sick days
Productive work however a temporary job
Apprentice (Current Employee) –  various job project sitesOctober 28, 2012
A commercial electrical contractor
learning basic electrical wiring skills and methods
The most enjoyable part is learning new things
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
it is a temporary job
Very Educational from day to day
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Wilder, KYSeptember 3, 2012
Every day I seemed to learn something else I didnt know about electric. The people I had worked with is what made the job special. The whole crew seemed to click together. The bosses had worke with us from time to time, it showed good leadership on their part. A typical day at work would be to go in and finish at least one house a day weather it be a finish or a rough in, depending on the size of the house. The hardest part of the day usually was doing the basements of the houses being if they had leaked or not and the water made things a bit messy for us to tromp through.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
usually no raises or no real advancement
superior was a great place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, CTJuly 13, 2012
fun and everyday was a challange

Just in time manufacturing , Kanban

trustes thier Supervisors

everyone pitched in to get the job done

laing off

training people to be independant
Pros
free lunches for 98 on time delivery
Cons
disipline those who had child care issues