Superior Energy Services, Inc

Superior Energy Services, Inc Employer Reviews

good job
Tool Assembler (Current Employee), Lafayette, LASeptember 2, 2014
Good place to learn about the completion tools industry
Able to work overtime
Insecure Management
Downhole tool Specialist II (Current Employee), OdessaAugust 26, 2014
Inexperienced insecure management tends to flex muscles when it feels threatened by people with more knowledge.
Great work environment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee), InventoryAugust 19, 2014
Pros: lots of overtime
Cons: n/a
There is a lot of over time with a lot of money to be made, good chances of growth with in the company. I learn the inns and outs of the oilfield with much more to be learned. management is always near by for assistants, coworkers are fun and hard working group of guys who can complete any task. there's no hard part and I enjoy it all.
Professional, caring and warm environment
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2014
Pros: free coffee, soda, some lunches. the company recognizes holidays, rewards performance based on merit and tenure.
Cons: none!
Superior Energy is ranked at the top of the best places I have ever worked. The management and staff are professional, friendly and caring. My experience here has been extremely positive. I highly recommend Superior Energy to candidates searching for employment.
Tool Specialist II-
Tool Specilist II (Former Employee), Lafayette, LaJune 4, 2014
Pros: great pay
Offshore a lot. Don't expect to get to much time off. The vacation that you earn is only 1 week of vacation. But you will make a lot of money. More then people with a PHD if you have the experience for them to pay you top salary. But if you don't that is ok too. Cause you will still make more then most people you know. Save your money cause Uncle Sam – more... is coming for you during tax season – less
Good place to work as I have been here for 8 years. No Room to move up.
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee), Alvin, TXMay 16, 2014
I enjoy working with my co-workers. As any position it has its ups and downs. You learn to put your head down and work and do your very best.
Don't go to harvey
wireline (Former Employee), Harvey, LAApril 12, 2014
If you don't kiss up to people you will not get anywhere with the Harvey division. Superior is a really good company to work for just don't join the Harvey division you will regret it trust me, I use to work there go to well service or any other division and you will be ok avoid The slickline division in Harvey at all cost.
GREAT PLACE TO START OUT IN OILFIELD
TOOLMAN (Current Employee), Harvey, LAMarch 9, 2014
THEY PAY FOR TRAINING CLASSES FOR ALL YOUR CERTIFICATIONS IN ORDER TO GO OFFSHORE. ALLOW EMPLOYEES TO WORK IN SHOP TO MAKE EXTRA MONEY.
ALLOWS YOU TO GROW WITHIN THE COMPANY. WORLDWIDE COMPANY WITH MULTIPLE DIVISIONS ALLOWING YOU TO TRANSFER IN ORDER TO FIND A CAREER YOU LIKE BEST.
Don't do it.
Driver (Current Employee), Rifle, COMarch 5, 2014
Pros: a lot of overtime pay
Cons: everything, dispatchers lie, managers are horrible, no set schedule
Long hours, no set schedule and a hostile work environment. Managers write people up without investigating first. You are told the day before if you work the next day or not so you can't make any plans. Zero organization. This company is always hiring drivers and your starting wage is your only wage. They do not give raises. Horrible company. Just don't – more... do it. – less
Productive workplace
Supervisor (Current Employee), harvey, laFebruary 27, 2014
Great company to work for. Only leaving to relocate my family. Company supports all there employees and there number 1 goal is to keep all employees and company assest safe.
LOOONG hours no family time terrrible saftey practices
Field Service Tech (Current Employee), El Reno, OKFebruary 13, 2014
Pros: insurance at a reasonable rate
Cons: no personal time
we work long hours stay away from home days at a time and management does not care who gets hurt as long as the customer is happy and not calling complaing about the mismanagement of the business IE we made a promise we forgot or didn't have resources to keep
If you don't suck up you don't advance period.
Shipping/receiving (Former Employee), Broussard,LAFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: health benefits
Cons: everything
The worst job I have ever had. Favoritism is your only way to move up. Getting a raise is non existent in that company. Have unqualified people in management positions. The positive was the health and dental benefits. Some people could get as much overtime as they wanted and others it was blasphemy to ask for overtime.
Applicant Trying to Get Hired
Can't get an interview (Former Employee), houston texasOctober 14, 2013
I applied for a HR position that I am well qualified for and can't get them to even look at me. They keep posting the same job over and over. For a Company this big it seems they would be in need of someone like me with my experience and background.
awesome work place
Rigger &PNA Operator (Former Employee), Harvey, LAOctober 4, 2013
was an pump operator an larned very quick how to run pumps an learn p&a on the wells
good place to work,fast paced
slickline operator (Current Employee), Transfer, PASeptember 7, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: no scheduled time off
on call24/7,alot of driving from job site to job side,a great learning experience with high standards towards safety.the hardest part of job was no scheduled days off pretty going constantly putting in80 to 90 hours weekly,really enjoyed working with a lot of different companies doing different job every couple days not stuck in any routine
It was the first offshore job i had
Wire Line Hand (Former Employee), Alvin, TXAugust 20, 2013
I would go into the shop and rebuild bops and slick line tools.
I learned a lot about the tools we used and down hole pressures.
Management was very productive.
Co-workers were very easy to work with.
At first it was the long hours but once I got use to them it became more easier work a lot more hours
Stressful Situation
General Ledger Analyst (Former Employee), Broussard, LAAugust 16, 2013
Very stressful people in the Corp office, 3 reorganizations in less than a year
poductive place of employment
Sr. toolman (Current Employee), broussard, laAugust 5, 2013
Pros: long breaks, healthcare benefits, 401k plan, pad vacation, holidays, sick days
Cons: no bonuses, unequal pay
Typical day at work consists of loading jobs with special tools as per customer requests. Loading and unloading trucks with use of forklift. Directing individuals as needed, pressure testing equipment and working with management to successfully complete all job tasks at hand.
Company transitioned from a GoM service company to a global service company
Sr Corporate Account Manager, VP Excutive Sales (Current Employee), Denver, COJuly 8, 2013
Pros: multiple product lines
Cons: competing product lines with some growing pains
Company provided successful platform to Call on major, independent Sr executives, including Sr level engineers, Sr procurement and CEO/COO's, with a strong track record of success. Excellent opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the O&G industry. Enjoyed growing and transitioning the company to new markets.
mergers have drained core value of principles
CTU SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Williamsport, PAJune 27, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: merged into sub standard management
mergers have taken a toll on values,,, bobcat high pressure control was the true benchmark!

Superior Energy Services, Inc Photos