Superior Energy Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Very unsafe and unfair workplace
operation (Former Employee) –  Brookshire Tx.September 4, 2014
I worked for Warrior Energy for two week. They are owned by Superior Energy. I was told to take a safety class,which I did and passed 3 classes. The 4th safety class I took at Falck in Brookshire. I learned nothing because the instructor flew through the safety materials because he wanted to leave early. After given the test I failed. That was no surprise. I spoke to the supervisor there and she told me she would allow a retake and I could read the book then take the test. After 45 minutes passed the instructor came back in and told me I had to stop reading and retake the test because he had to go. Even though I was not finished reading. I failed by a few questions. I reported this to Warriors Supervision and Safety Instuctor. 20 minutes later I was fired. When asked to speak with HR Iwas told to call a number in Louisiana that nobody ever answers. Most of the reviews are right. Management sucks. They never even checked out my story and I never spoke to anyone. They have maybe 8 guys that have been there for over a year everybody else 3 months or less. What is wrong here. A lot of there driver's walked out on them. If this is such a great place why did they leave and check out there safety rates for Warrior and you tell me what are these guys learning at Falck.
Total lack of organization or management
Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 11, 2013
A typical day at work varies. On a slow day, most technicians sit at the computer surfing the web for hours. On a heavy day, the same, only a few technicians work non-stop and stay past hours to complete tasks.

Management seems to have no grasp of work activities on a day-to-day basis, and is generally non-existent.

Preferential treatment (projects assignments, raises, promotions, etc.) is given on the basis of: a) seniority over merit, b) gender, males over females, c) relatives of employees (nepotism is company-wide), and d) anyone from Halliburton (?).

What I learned:
1) If possible, interview or consult a current or past employee of company in same or similar position.
2) You can't always predict a really poor job fit. Paying attention to the mannerisms of the management prior to hire may give clues. IF they seem apathetic, don't count on them to be aware of your progress, supportive of your advancement, or concerned with anything going on in general.
Pros
flexible schedule, unlimited overtime permitted, and company pool bonus
Cons
no recognition or reward for accomplishments/hard work
company picnics christmas parties
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 16, 2015
• Execute engineering calculation
• Design and direct the construction of layouts of possible designs and make recommendations
• Conceptual design layout in both Inventor & AutoCAD for new product development components for completion downhole tools
• Implement engineering layouts for fit, form and function
• Read and submit drawings and layouts for customers
• Coordinate all drafting related work with the drafting department
• Signature authority to check and approve drawings, design calculations and deviation requests
• Conducted and participate in design reviews
• Participate in various quick-turn projects involving ambitious deadlines
• Create engineering work request for prototype parts to be machined
• Create test procedures, test reports, and generate graphs from data acquisition with excel
• Coordinate testing and assembling in a test lab environment to qualify completion downhole tools to pressures up to 13,000 psi and temperature up to 300°F
• Mentored less experience personnel on engineering topics, safety topics, and the importance of identifying personnel and professional values
Great Company to work for
Wireline Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LANovember 11, 2012
Great Company to work for, being a slickline operator does not fit into my long term caree goal in the oil field. It has taught me so much that will propel me high through my career. Superior Energy Services takes very good care of there employees. They have excellent benefits. What company gives you a loaner generator and free food and gas during all major hurricanes we have been through. They are the best company I've ever worked for besides myself. If you work hard and show initive you will go far and make alot of money.
A Lot of uncertainty
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
Work in the beginning was fun until all the division did a re-org of all the management. The staff that was there before all the new management came in were treated like they were the enemy. The hardest part of the job was working with all the changes of the new management to only go back to doing things the old way. There was no room for growth, but the overall the co-workers I had were pleasant and made it easier to come to work.
Pros
Team Building Breakfast Every Friday
Cons
Work Hours were hard once new management changed our schedules to a non-traditional schedule
Growing company with good opportunities to advance
Senior Service Supervisor - Land (Current Employee) –  Brookshire, TXAugust 11, 2012
Good company with solid growth. The cementing/pressure pumping division is slowly transitioning from a small family operation to a corporate, big business model with improving HR policies and better equipment/training. Pay is good for field supervisors but kind of low for bulk truck drivers (operator 1's and 2's).
Pros
7/2, 7/3 work schedule
Cons
long hours at well site, have to come to the shop when not on a job.
The most demanding job experience outside of the military.
Coil Tubing Heavy Mobile Equipment Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 26, 2015
When its busy, your busy, The most hours I have ever worked in a two week period was at this job, 227 hours in a 2 week pay period. Extreme adverse weather conditions range from 115 degrees to minus 65 degrees. Not for the faint of heart. But I loved it.
Pros
Free flights to and from work
Cons
Shedule 28 Days on 14 Days off
Don't do it.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Rifle, COMarch 5, 2014
Long hours, no set schedule and a hostile work environment. Managers write people up without investigating first. You are told the day before if you work the next day or not so you can't make any plans. Zero organization. This company is always hiring drivers and your starting wage is your only wage. They do not give raises. Horrible company. Just don't do it.
Pros
a lot of overtime pay
Cons
everything, dispatchers lie, managers are horrible, no set schedule
Great work environment
Inventory Specialist (Current Employee) –  InventoryAugust 19, 2014
There is a lot of over time with a lot of money to be made, good chances of growth with in the company. I learn the inns and outs of the oilfield with much more to be learned. management is always near by for assistants, coworkers are fun and hard working group of guys who can complete any task. there's no hard part and I enjoy it all.
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
n/a
good place to work,fast paced
slickline operator (Current Employee) –  Transfer, PASeptember 7, 2013
on call24/7,alot of driving from job site to job side,a great learning experience with high standards towards safety.the hardest part of job was no scheduled days off pretty going constantly putting in80 to 90 hours weekly,really enjoyed working with a lot of different companies doing different job every couple days not stuck in any routine
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
no scheduled time off

Want to know more about Superior Energy Services, Inc?

Ask a question
Company transitioned from a GoM service company to a global service company
Sr Corporate Account Manager, VP Excutive Sales (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 8, 2013
Company provided successful platform to Call on major, independent Sr executives, including Sr level engineers, Sr procurement and CEO/COO's, with a strong track record of success. Excellent opportunity to work with some of the most talented people in the O&G industry. Enjoyed growing and transitioning the company to new markets.
Pros
multiple product lines
Cons
competing product lines with some growing pains
Tool Specialist II-
Tool Specilist II (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LaJune 4, 2014
Offshore a lot. Don't expect to get to much time off. The vacation that you earn is only 1 week of vacation. But you will make a lot of money. More then people with a PHD if you have the experience for them to pay you top salary. But if you don't that is ok too. Cause you will still make more then most people you know. Save your money cause Uncle Sam is coming for you during tax season
Pros
great pay
Professional, caring and warm environment
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 18, 2014
Superior Energy is ranked at the top of the best places I have ever worked. The management and staff are professional, friendly and caring. My experience here has been extremely positive. I highly recommend Superior Energy to candidates searching for employment.
Pros
free coffee, soda, some lunches. the company recognizes holidays, rewards performance based on merit and tenure.
Cons
none!
If you don't suck up you don't advance period.
Shipping/receiving (Former Employee) –  Broussard,LAFebruary 7, 2014
The worst job I have ever had. Favoritism is your only way to move up. Getting a raise is non existent in that company. Have unqualified people in management positions. The positive was the health and dental benefits. Some people could get as much overtime as they wanted and others it was blasphemy to ask for overtime.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
everything
poductive place of employment
Sr. toolman (Current Employee) –  broussard, laAugust 5, 2013
Typical day at work consists of loading jobs with special tools as per customer requests. Loading and unloading trucks with use of forklift. Directing individuals as needed, pressure testing equipment and working with management to successfully complete all job tasks at hand.
Pros
long breaks, healthcare benefits, 401k plan, pad vacation, holidays, sick days
Cons
no bonuses, unequal pay
LOOONG hours no family time terrrible saftey practices
Field Service Tech (Current Employee) –  El Reno, OKFebruary 13, 2014
we work long hours stay away from home days at a time and management does not care who gets hurt as long as the customer is happy and not calling complaing about the mismanagement of the business IE we made a promise we forgot or didn't have resources to keep
Pros
insurance at a reasonable rate
Cons
no personal time
good company
Tool Specialist II (Current Employee) –  odessa, txApril 9, 2015
the company in a whole is a very good company to be a part of, unfortunelty they have recently been trying to change up management in the west texas division and has brought down the moral of the employees. i enjoy the work, and for the most part all of the co-workers are great people.
Pros
stable place to work
Cons
Recently added new management doing a poor job.
It was the first offshore job i had
Wire Line Hand (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXAugust 20, 2013
I would go into the shop and rebuild bops and slick line tools.
I learned a lot about the tools we used and down hole pressures.
Management was very productive.
Co-workers were very easy to work with.
At first it was the long hours but once I got use to them it became more easier work a lot more hours
Great job
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Rosharon, TXJanuary 22, 2016
As with Superior Energy - Superior Pressure Control is the sister company. I loved this job as well. Very laid back, No stress, got to wear jeans. I had no complaints with this position either. Hardest part was the company shutting down. When we shut down I cried for 2 months. I enjoyed my job and what I did.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
shutting down
Provided opportunity to design and deliver a corporate HR function for a decentralized operating business model.
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 1, 2015
Very rewarding experience including exposure to a wide variety of business subsidiaries and international operations. The rapid company growth through acquisitions provided ongoing opportunities to demonstrate and grow all of the key HR behavioral competencies from leadership to global & cultural effectiveness.