Superior Energy Services, Inc Employee Reviews

A no incentive place to work
CNC Machinist (Current Employee) –  Waller, TXOctober 11, 2017
They cater to people who play on their phones all day and walk around for 2-3 hours a day chit chatting. There is no incentive to work because doing your job and hard work gets you nothing there.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
They do not enforce their own company policies
Fun but Hard Work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Yancey, TXSeptember 5, 2017
I was lucky to have a supervisor that cared and lead me instead of told me. Long hours would start in early mornings like 2-4am and be gone for days before coming home.
Pros
Pays for 10 hours of sleep after 14hr work
Cons
not home much
No Comment
Client Services Tech / IT Service Center Spec (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAAugust 28, 2017
I do not want to review this company. I have not worked there for over two years and have nothing to say about them, the manager I had was good, but raises were VERY hard to come by and advancement was practically non-existent in the Broussard Location.
Good place
Painter / Shop Technician (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJuly 27, 2017
I was hired in 2006 and worked til May 2014. Got laid off because of the drop in crude oil. I really enjoyed my time at Superior. We had good bosses and supervisors. The pay was good also. I would likely go back if asked.
Pros
Occasional raises, overtime, safety classes, cook-outs
Cons
Dealing with difficult people, not being able to complete your job in a timely manner, Lazy people not doing their jobs and taking advantage of people who do.
Supply Chain Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 13, 2017
Worked with a great Project Team over the course of the 5 Plus years on the project. Excellent office location for all. Was a team effort put forth by all working on the project
Pros
Project Team in our Division
Cons
No advancement in any of the other divisions
Fun
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJune 23, 2017
We commissioned the Spill Response Vessel Arctic Challenger for Shell Oil. It was a hoot. Very advanced technology in the hands of children! Well not quite but there was a feeling of celebratory times while there which led to good bonding.
Pros
Very enjoyable to be a part of
Cons
Temporary job
Loved job
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJune 19, 2017
I was recruited by this company. I could not accept position due to my wife being pregnant at the time. Several months later after the birth of our daughter, they contacted me and follow through with promise of job. Great boss, great benefits. Left job to be employed by oil company.
Pros
Great money
Cons
Time away from home
A good company with knowledgable employees
Field Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJune 12, 2017
Superior is a good company with knowledgable employees, that provides great services to the oil and gas sector while staying competitive in todays tough market.
Mechanic/shop foreman (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJune 10, 2017
The most professional company I have ever worked for. The management recognizes key employees and does all things necessary to promote advancement within the company.
It was very nice to go there everyday.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJune 5, 2017
Performed day- day administrative tasks, including maintaining information files and processing paperwork. Enter job information accurately and rapidly as work was performed on off shore wells. Underwent training and became proficient in Lotus Data Entry program. Provided administrative/ secretarial support for various departments.
Pros
meet wonderful people
Cons
Hardwork
Great Place to Work
Technical Safety Instructor (Current Employee) –  Morgan City, LAMay 22, 2017
Superior Energy Services is great to their workers with great benefits. You're not just a number here, I feel that your part of a big family! I haven't come across a person I didn't like.
Busy Place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 15, 2017
Each day was different at Superior depending on if we were offshore or not. It was very difficult balancing my personal life and work due to being on the water for multiple weeks at a time, but we were compensated well.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Hard to plan things with family
wonderful company
INSPECTOR II (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
Great company to work for that will allow you to grow with knowledge and experience within the company and your respective field or trade. Management and upper level management was always available for what ever you needed work wise or personal.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
too many hours
took care of their people until the downturn
Slickline Operator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAApril 18, 2017
While working for Superior I felt like I was part of a team. Management took good care of the employees. They put family first. You were recognized for doing a good job.
Crew Cheif
Line Boss (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 17, 2017
Hard work non stop on your feet for 12 hours or more a day. Cold Winters and Hot summers. When the Oil crisis took a turn it was rough. Awaiting the arrival of better bonus structures and high pay.
Pros
Per diem weekly
Cons
no Bonues
great company
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAMarch 31, 2017
was a great company and should have left. given the chance to return to Superior I would surely return. great benefits, co workers, staff just all-round get company
Great work place
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PAMarch 19, 2017
Pre & postTrip my Truck everyday make Deliveries on route make sure I fill Customer Tanks I've leaned how to make deliveries to people home & Commercial environments
Great Job
Wireline Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXMarch 14, 2017
I worked for Superior Energy for many years. I was always treated fairly. The working conditions and equipment were a priority, My co-workers were always qualified, good people.
Pros
Excellent pay and benefits
Cons
They shut down the Longview office, or I would still be there.
Pump Operator (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAMarch 9, 2017
Superior was not only a great place to work but also a great place to learn. Top notch upper management and co-workers. Safety was always #1 and everyone had an opportunity to advance in the company
Pros
great pay
Cons
N/a
Great company!
Corporate Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAMarch 4, 2017
All levels of staff are spectacular......professional and knowledgeable yet very caring, friendly, personable, open, warm. Provided awesome work environment. Everyone works together as a teaml

A typical day at work was diverse and gratifying; I learned more regarding the oil and gas industry; management is the best; no hard part of the job; enjoyable part of job was working with professional caring co-workers; after work get together and community involvement were top notch
Pros
New Orleans office possessed the best ambiance of any office in which I have ever worked.
Cons
No cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Energy Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.