Superior Energy Services, Inc

Superior Energy Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Best place I have ever worked!
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  BTI Lafayette LaJanuary 4, 2017
I started out as a temp. receptionist after a week I was hired full-time. Within a few months I was given a promotion and enjoyed my job very much. My Supervisors always understood family came first.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Co-workers became family
Oil and Gas Company
CORPORATE PAYROLL SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 20, 2016
Great opportunities, co-workers, and learning experiences. It was a fast paced environment. There was meetings and involvement in all aspects that affected the department to keep employees informed.
Pros
Health insurance and benefits
Cons
Corporate office located in Texas
Not good
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 4, 2016
This place was very unorganized and changed my direct management 8 times in 3 years .. and the location management at least 5 times.. It is very difficult to stay motivated and excited with promises that are never kept..
Pros
pay was decent
Great company
Administrative Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Alvin, TXJuly 27, 2016
I love my job, the pay cut is the hardest thing. I have the greatest boss ever, I wouldn't leave if the oil and gas industry would come back up.
Pros
flexible
Cons
pay cut
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJuly 25, 2016
There is room to grow. The job was great until the Oil & Gas industry took a hit. Friendly people to work with. You also have time to spend with family.
Pros
Great hours and pay.
Cons
n/a
Good food...free
A.B & Mate (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LA 70058July 8, 2016
Good pay, Good training and duties were much the same as any lift boat. Chipping painting. General maintenance of equipment. Oil changes on 5 engines. Standing watches while underway, checking of engine rooms frequently.
Pros
Free food, good selection
Cons
Boat tranfers and taking on water could have been handled better
Demanding and some times overbearing. No compestion for overtime
A.B to Mate (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LA 70058June 7, 2016
They bought and sold companies at whim and didn't really care how it affected their employees financially or otherwise.
Pros
Sure always good food on the boat. Sometimes long hours but thats part of the marine industry.
Cons
Sometimes long...very long hours with no comensation.
Great job
Administrative Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Rosharon, TXJanuary 22, 2016
As with Superior Energy - Superior Pressure Control is the sister company. I loved this job as well. Very laid back, No stress, got to wear jeans. I had no complaints with this position either. Hardest part was the company shutting down. When we shut down I cried for 2 months. I enjoyed my job and what I did.
Pros
very laid back
Cons
shutting down
Mate/AB
Mate (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LADecember 5, 2015
day consisted of engine room maintenance and cleaning and supervising crew members. Hardest: crew change conditions. Enjoyed: working with crew members
Pros
grew with company
Cons
crew change conditions
Good environment
Coil Tubing Tech/Operator (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LADecember 1, 2015
taught people well. good coordination. plenty of opportunity but, not very much time at home. was always kept pretty busy.
Pros
good environment
Cons
not much home time
Provided opportunity to design and deliver a corporate HR function for a decentralized operating business model.
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 1, 2015
Very rewarding experience including exposure to a wide variety of business subsidiaries and international operations. The rapid company growth through acquisitions provided ongoing opportunities to demonstrate and grow all of the key HR behavioral competencies from leadership to global & cultural effectiveness.
The most demanding job experience outside of the military.
Coil Tubing Heavy Mobile Equipment Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDOctober 26, 2015
When its busy, your busy, The most hours I have ever worked in a two week period was at this job, 227 hours in a 2 week pay period. Extreme adverse weather conditions range from 115 degrees to minus 65 degrees. Not for the faint of heart. But I loved it.
Pros
Free flights to and from work
Cons
Shedule 28 Days on 14 Days off
Learned alot but had bad management and dont care about employers
Quality Control Inspector/ Builder/ Installer (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Enjoyed learning new things but no one was willing to teach the correct ways of building insulation blankets and management was horrible
Great place to work.
HR Director (Current Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 6, 2015
Great pay, great benefits! Fun place to work with awesome people. Opportunity to experience building a division from the ground up.
Pros
Free drinks and snacks
Cons
Unstable industry
Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LASeptember 4, 2015
Have worked here for 19 years and would continue my employment here if I could, if it wasn't for all of the layoffs with the oilfield doing so poorly.
Best corporate company to work for
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harvey, LAJuly 27, 2015
A wonderful company that believes in their employees and was always willing to help and make your dreams come true. Very professional and safety orientated. Will train and teach you everything you need to know.
A Lot of uncertainty
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
Work in the beginning was fun until all the division did a re-org of all the management. The staff that was there before all the new management came in were treated like they were the enemy. The hardest part of the job was working with all the changes of the new management to only go back to doing things the old way. There was no room for growth, but the overall the co-workers I had were pleasant and made it easier to come to work.
Pros
Team Building Breakfast Every Friday
Cons
Work Hours were hard once new management changed our schedules to a non-traditional schedule
Excellent exciting place to work.
IT Procurement Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Harvey, LAJune 30, 2015
Superior has always been an interesting and motivational place to work, the growth of Superior as a company has been an uphill process where exceeding it's potential is always a good thing. It was never dull or boring, new challenges and great people to mentor and guide you in your career.
good work environment
Q.C. Dimensional Inspector (Former Employee) –  Aldine westfieldJune 24, 2015
Nice place to work, but the management is not the best, i learn a lot with the company but lack of training is typical in this company, you have to learn yourself
same as previous
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Broussard, LAJune 20, 2015
inventory control, expense reporting, monthly reports, responsible for 4 locations, 10 employees customer requirement, calling on customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Superior Energy Services, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Superior Energy Services, Inc Reviews by Location