Superior Environmental Solutions, Inc.

Superior Environmental Solutions, Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst job of my life
Safety Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 31, 2017
It was just terrible. It's a dirty trade by nature. I was recruited to come into this company in my position in Safety and was promised the world but was given the toilet. I have succeeded at every level, have taken safety programs from subpar to world class, and award winning. This company, it was a joke, then when you post your true thoughts of the company after you leave, they attempt to contact you. The resume of people they hire, former A&E The First 48 thugs, heathens who you see on the Covington, KY and Cincinnati edition of Cops, and those were probably their best employees. They hire 10 a week to replace the 10 that just left because they made three weeks of wages to go drug binge. I cannot find one positive from my experience, it was a job that almost made me want to leave my profession, something I had worked for 17 years, I was ready to just be a cashier at Lowe's than take a chance on a company like this ever again!!! Worst 9 months of my life!!!
Pros
Not one!!!, zero, zilch
Cons
Management awful, employees convicts, incompetent supervisors, I could go on for hours
Bottom of the barrel
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 29, 2017
Worst management I've worked under. Very negative. They care more about themselves than their employees. Abundant lies to employees and clients. To quote one manager, "This is a lifestyle, not a job." They expect you to live for the job.
Cons
Pretty much everything
Horrible pay for the work your doing and to be treated like dogs and no set schedual is just asinine
Experienced Technician (Current Employee) –  Dearborn, MIAugust 10, 2017
Its a job not a career, worked harder and expected more in one day than your grandaddys farm truck did all week...to say the least! Horrible management and necer get to make plans or have a life if you work here
Pros
None and i mean nothing!!
Cons
To much to list
Vindictive company $800 worth of earmed income refused to pay
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2017
Misrepresented field supervisor position into a position of hard manual labor babysitting felons. Per diem is 20 a day for entire day and shared quarters with people who appeared to have issues. Do not find out schedule until 8pm by text night before. Pay is slave wages no room to improve lied to repeatedly in initial interview and training.
Pros
Cons
Benefits are horrendous, No set schedule, unsafe working conditions, Misrepresented entire job description, strung along entire time
Horrible company
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 28, 2017
No schedule or regular work. They want you to be at their beck and call 24/7 and do whatever they want. No management or training, just dirty nasty work. Pay is bad and hours are bad.
Fun place to work
Hazardous Waste Technician (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYMay 9, 2017
I would still be working for them today had they not closed due to the AK Steel plant idling in 2015. Great company to work for and really wished they were still around.
Pros
Plenty of hours
Cons
Travel
Operator (Former Employee) –  Dearborn steelMay 1, 2017
I see they keep taking down all he bad reviews and management puts up phony positive ones. There were several. Another cheapskate outfit paying a 1990 wage in 2017! Don't bother with these greedy people!
Pros
Cons
Not enough space to list
Company needs some improving
Operations Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 28, 2017
Not meant for everyone. Short notice on whether you are working or not, so it's hard to plan things with your family. You can move up pretty quickly as long as you show some effort.
Hard work decent pay
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJanuary 2, 2017
The hours are long and hard but the pay is decent. I enjoyed working for this employer very much the schedule is pretty steady which helps with family life
Disaster
hard worker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHDecember 14, 2015
They do not care about their employees at all. It's only about money how much they make and what you can do for them. Good, hard working employees leave due to terrible management. If you have been there since they first began you are treated a little better but they also use those employees as much as they can. If the owner's can't control or do not care about how their upper management is treating employees, then they need to step in and take back control of their company. The owners need to take the blinders off and realize your mangers and directors are running good people out of there.
Pros
decent health benefits
Cons
everything else
Great Idea, poor operation
Ex-Manager (Former Employee) –  Tri-County, OHNovember 13, 2015
I worked for SES for just a little under one year, it was by far the worst experience of my life. The owners are involved with every aspect of the company, but they want you to contribute just like they do. I have a family and I do not want to spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week on call just because they can't schedule jobs correctly. I would not recommend this company to anyone for any reason. When working for SES you will always be tired, cold, dirty and wet, no matter what you are doing.
Pros
Cons
Very hard, dirty, wet, work.
A company on the move in the right direction
supervisor (Current Employee) –  west chesterJune 23, 2015
SES is a young growing company that has over came the issues that many young companies face. They are now able to choose the right canidates for all positions. The management team has designed different programs to bring about a better safety culture and training for all employees.
SES has been growing each year which opens the door for their employees to advance as the company continues to grow. Having knowledgeable supervision and support from the management group helps make hard tedious jobs bearable.
Pros
1. good management, 2. safe work place, 3. team atmosphere, 4. job security, 5. new equipment, 6. good benifit package, 7.onwership wants to continue to grow
Cons
1. some long days
Fun place to work; growing by leaps and bounds with strong customer focus and commitment.
Tech 3 (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 15, 2015
SES is a great, mid-sized company with consistant growth the past several years.

Enjoyed going to work everyday; it was challenging, but overall a positive experience .
Pros
Proper training and support was provided
Cons
Experiencing the typical growing pains associated with rapid growth.
Small, Growing Organization
OFFICE / HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 5, 2013
Fast pace work environment wearing many hats.
Experience a few ups and downs.
Operational team is a very unique group of gentlemen.
Pros
company is still going through growing pains
Cons
recognition, is not shared with those who have worked the hardest to get this company where it is today