Superior Grocers

Superior Grocers Employer Reviews

Lack of management consideration when planning schedule timely
Cashier (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 1, 2014
Pros: the co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
Cons: working more than 40 hours, six days/week with 5 of the days work schedule ending after 10pm
I thoroughly enjoyed working with the staff and the customers at Superior Grocers. The downside was scheduling of workers. The
schedule was not posted until Sunday afternoon for the week beginning the next day.
Understanding
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAFebruary 21, 2014
I took this job only as a second job to another one I had at the moment. From the day I interviewed I said I would only work here if they respected my other schedule which would be given to them weeks in advance. They agreed and therefore never always gave me appropriate hours so my two jobs wouldn't conflict.
A great place for the moment
Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2014
A great day at work was in my last days working for superior. My main manager was a cool guy. It was ok working with the other mangers and employee the was there but now im seeking advancement.
Great management.
Junior Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: rewards for good job performance.
Greeted customers and maintained store clean and neat. Made sure all merchandise was placed where it belonged. Assisted cashiers with any price checks.
FAST PACE STORE
Cashier (Former Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 23, 2013
IT WAS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO GOOD JOB WOULD BE ALOT BETTER IF MANAGEMENT KNEW HOW TO TALK TO THERE EMPLOYEES AND HOW TO TREAT THEM. ON CAREER ADVANCEMENT THEY ONLY ADVANCED THE FAVORITE EMPLOYEES I KNOW FIRST HAND BECAUSE I USE TO WATCH REALLY GOOD AND WAS TOLD THAT THEY ONLY PROMOTE THERE FAVORITES.
Productive work environment
Sales Associate, Produce (Current Employee), Long Beach, CANovember 16, 2013
Learned to understand that you need to learn the job quick. Learning the job quick benefits you and the store as it helps the company sell more than if you aren't as knowledgable of the job or anything that you are doing.
Superior Grocers
Junior Clerk, Porter, Cashier (Former Employee), Fontana, CAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: coustmers
Cons: management could have been better
Superior was what taught me all the basic skills I needed I learned more customer service and work on my temper and to always keep a smile on my face and always stay in a good mood.
Obtain More Customer Service Skills
Lot Attendant (Former Employee), Ontario, CASeptember 25, 2013
Excellent days of work with customers on daily basis and good management with legends without a doubt.
the workplace is hectic at times but overall its a great start for students or people who are just starting their carrer
Customer service leader (Current Employee), Lancaster, CASeptember 9, 2013
i learned how to talk to people happy or mad the co-workers are fun they can make you smile after a bad day at work the hardest part of the job is getting screamed at by angry customers the most enjoyable part was getting to go up positions fast
Productive and Fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Pacoima, CAAugust 16, 2013
I enjoyed working with different people and meeting all types of people daily
Its a good first job.
Cashier (Current Employee), Bellflower, CAAugust 8, 2013
Pros: paid every week.
Cons: just about everything.
Well where to start, typical days at work are stressful if you are a full-time employee. Advances in the work place are due to favoritism, and not job performance. Cold hard fact. I suggest management to be a bit more happy. Many managers are very unhappy looking and that tends to be vary contagious. They suggest all employees to smile and greet customers, – more... but they dont do their fair-share of it either, when i think they should lead by example. Co-workers, you will have good and bad ones. You will make friends, but also alot of them will talk about you, specially when you start moving up.
Suggestion, dont make this a career. they will eat you alive. pay is mediocre, and your work/life balance is horrible. Specially come holiday season. But i didnt let my bad experiences bring me down. I acquired the skills that I now possess but staying professional at all times, and always following directions. Do these things, and you'll be okay. – less
superior Grocers
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Los angeles caJuly 10, 2013
I worked there for over 2 years and worked various positions,but never one did I receive 1 evaluation.I kept asking my manager about it but every time he would say he would,he never did.
Productive and energetic workplace
HR Employee Relations Specialist (Current Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 20, 2013
Great atmosphere, great environment, especially for anyone in the retail industry.
Great for students
Accounting Clerk/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Fe Springs, CAJune 19, 2013
Pros: great people.
Cons: transferred a lot from one city to the next.
I worked for this company for about 8 years and i appreciated this company a lot for ALWAYS working with my school schedule. They gave me the opportunity to always have school on the front seat, as long as i work hard in the company.
Good Communication work place
Cashier / Customer Service (Former Employee), Huntington Park, CAMay 13, 2013
Pros: the lunch time runs fast
Our team had a good comunication. By the end of the day we just to put our favorite songs and sometimes we order starbucks that was our compesation.
Very Productive, Ok management
General Merchandise Clerk (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAApril 21, 2013
Pros: good pay, great hours, great benefits
Cons: over the top stern environment, made me feel replaceable
A typical day at Superior Grocers was very productive. Most of everything I know about my department I know is because of them. Managment could be nicer. Most enjoyable part of my job was to know my lead was always very satisfied with my work.
ok
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Oxnard, CAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: waters
Cons: good breaks and good benefits
its a good company to work in. There's a lot of opportunities in this job. Its a very stricy company but they make you a bigger person and discipline person at a same time.
Possibly the best part-time work I've ever had
Parking lot attendant (Former Employee), Chino, CAFebruary 6, 2013
Pros: great hours, lots of exercise, got a great base tan
Cons: hours weren't flexible, work could get overwhelming sometimes
The pay was minimu wage but the work was awesome. My job was pushing carts all day in the hot sun. It might sound terrible, but I found it incredibly enjoyable. It was great exercise. The management gave me as many water breaks as I needed. And belive me, when you're pushing upwards of sixy pounds in triple-digit heat, you need all the water and time – more... to breathe you can get. I got thirty hours a week and while the hours weren't exactly flexible, this was a summer job so I had nothing but time on my hands. – less
Fast paced work with great co-workers
Cashier (Former Employee), Covina, CAJanuary 9, 2013
Pros: good co-workers
Cons: poor job security
Cashier tills were collected at the beginning of each shift
Tills were reconciled at the end of each day
Provided customer service
customer service
General Merchandise Lead/ CSL (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJanuary 1, 2013
it was a different enviroment everday working with different people and enjoying all the custmers.