Superior Lamp

Superior Lamp Employer Reviews

Self-paced work from home
Appointment Setter (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 16, 2013
Pros: friendly employer
Cons: unreliable hours
I was given a list of leads and would set appointments for employer for the week ahead. I learned about the product, even though I didn't discuss it with clients. My employer was a contractor for Superior Lamp so it was just the two of us. The hardest part of the job was that the hours were unreliable. The best part was that I got along with my employer – more... very well. – less
Door to Door sales
Door2Door Sales (Former Employee), Tucson, AZMay 2, 2013
Pros: good product
Cons: they didn't believe in networking only door to door, which to me is so outdated
Going door to door only with four foot fluorescent light bulbs to businesses.
Get up get my leads that I pursued previously, then call make an appointment to sell lighting - the idea was not to leave until they agreed to buy.
I worked alone with a distant sales manager.
High pressure sales
What was tough was walking with a five foot bag wiht the lighting – more... in it for the clients to 'see' the light quality, but going door to door in extreme heat was not pleasant.

I met some wonderful people as clients, found some new pockets in town that I never knew existed. – less
Outside sales, limited support
Regional Sales Manager/National Sales Trainer (Former Employee), Southwest USJanuary 10, 2013
Pros: autonomy
Cons: limited pay and use of personal vehicle.
Unlimited territory. I sold "heavy duty, industrial grade lighting" to facilities in medical, municipal, industrial, government, education, retail, manufacturing, military, dinning and entertainment industries as well as private sector.

I also trained new hires in the field and at Regional and Nationall sales meetings.
A great job that paid for your benefits fully
Administrative Assistant/Recruiter (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJOctober 8, 2012
Pros: great workplace, benefits, employees
Cons: the president
Signing up new sales recruits and processing their paperwork and preparing to send out sales items. My co-workers were excellant to work with. Upper management could use tweeking or else replacing the current president. The hardest part of the job was being told I had to do a position that I was not hired for or else loose my position. The most enjoyable – more... part was working with some great employees and sales reps. – less
Lighting Products
REGIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Mid-westAugust 13, 2012
An interesting approach to cold-calling and sales. Constant sales training and review of corporate sales script. calling on any form of business.
Wonderful work environment with top notch people to work with
Outside Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Kokomo, INApril 8, 2012
Pros: great environment, fabulous management
Day consisted of anything from preparing music for an upcoming service to any maintenance needs of the church, school or grounds. Very challenging and rewarding working with people.