Superior Plus Energy Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Beware, the entire company is in flux. Left hand doesn't know what the right is doing
Energy solutions rep (Former Employee) –  New YorkJanuary 29, 2016
OK from the jump this was a bad decision.
The on boarding process was poor. Little to no training, unreasonable expectations, inferior equipment and management fighting each other in the office. The environment was hostile and no matter how much of pro you might be navigating these waters was near impossible. No money on advertising, higher pricing than the competition, no leads and when you do generate a customer, if you don't sign them yourself the office will take credit and you will not get your commission.
Past that getting what they owe you for salary and commission is like pulling teeth.
The CEO is an idiot. I realize that sounds unbelievable but it's the truth. This company is so poorly organized that every office operates with their own set of rules. It's truly astounding.

Company wide morale is incredibly low and it's not getting better as they continue to hire stuffed shirts.

From HR to middle management to upper management the company is an absolute mess.
If you're a sales rep worth your salt DO NOT under any circumstances take a job here. You will quickly regret it.
Pros
Great time off from the very first day
Cons
Poor structure, unreasonable expectations, having to fight to get your pay
Two Stars
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Seymour, CTAugust 14, 2016
This position is for someone with a large background in oil, propane and diesel. Not for someone with zero background. They have very little patience for someone who is new to the business.

The sales manager you truly never know how to read. Like to embarrass you on weekly calls with your team. Not a bad guy though, just new to the business himself. Not so great at handling people in general. Overall job is not bad at all . As long as you have experience coming into the job.
Pros
Outside Sales
Cons
Selling always interrupted by meetings and conferences.
Greatest Work/Life experience ever
Residential Energy Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYMay 19, 2016
So it has been a year for me as a sales representative at Superior Plus. Let's just say one year later I have matured a million times more than I had ever expected. My friends envy me and my newly found charisma and my sales colleagues look to me for advice on door to door and networking techniques.
Every day I wake up, I know I am fully backed by a great staff and management that supports me in doing the right thing for each customer.
After all, isn't that the only reason we should be in sales at all?
Superior Plus has given me every opportunity to succeed and has supported me with each challenge. This is a job where you can really make (or not make) as much as you want. I wake up at 5am each morning with vigor and confidence that my life has drastically more meaning than the day prior.
We are family here and we are taking over Clinton County one tank at a time.
Pros
High ethics, State of the art equipment and tanks, full backing from corporate
Cons
I wish I had this job sooner in my life
Challenging but fun place to work
Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Seymour, CT and New Milford, CTJanuary 12, 2016
This was a great company to learn the oil business and be given the opportunity to take initiative.

I had responsibility for all delivery of propane and oil in my area. I worked with a great management team that was very supportive, and who listened to my ideas and opinions.

The hardest part of the job was getting oil delivered in severe weather conditions. The people I worked with were the most enjoyable, as well as the recognition I received.
Pros
Great team of professionals, good learning experience
Cons
Inability for Canadian HQ to adapt to local US market dynamics
Money
HVAC Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Aston, PAAugust 20, 2016
If you like money, this is the place to go. Subsequently, if you like to kiss the ground your boss walks on, this too is the place for you. If you do not want to bow to your boss, steer clear.
Pros
Money
Fuel Oil Delivery
Fuel Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 30, 2014
Working AT McKee location is great, Pearl Creek location is another story.
benefits
Cons
trucks are in bad shape
ok place
Helpdesk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 5, 2015
Too hectic.
always on your case about something.
Working with the network guy was horrible.
Always scared of doing something wrong.
Fast pased with good co-workers
Payment Processor (Current Employee) –  Marcy, NYJuly 19, 2012
Incoming payments are initially sorted by the company and then checked for accuracy. After they have been deemed error free they are totaled to use as an initial balancing point. The payment and account information are then entered into the system and balanced against the initial balance. The payments are then scanned into the banking system and verified again. After everything has balanced and been verified for accuracy, payments are posted to the individual accounts. After all payments have been applied posting errors are corrected and customer inquiries are responded to.
Productive workplace with alot of hours.
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 18, 2015
Lots of overtime in winter...seasonal job for most employees.Four ten hour days which allows you to get three days overtime.
The employees are awesome.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Montoursville, PAOctober 20, 2014
The management has no idea about the customers in the area and their needs. The employees are great at handling the customers and relating to each other.
Pros
great employees
Cons
outrageous prices for fuel!!!
Great place to work except for really bad upper management decisions that have created alot of confusion and chaos
Customer Relations Manager (Current Employee) –  Exton, PASeptember 29, 2014
This was a really frustrating experience because this company had a lot of potential to corner the energy service industry market, as the only national full service energy company in existence. Really bad and out of touch decisions made by upper management in the past year to limit its market niche which really caused it to spiral downward rapidly in recent years.

Unfortunately there is a lot of confusion and misguided top heavy leadership, which has really held back this company from being more successful. It also hurt them in retaining good employees that have left in large numbers recently.

They are closing the office in Exton (where I worked) in the near future and don't have a strategic plan in place to relocate the office or staff. I will really miss all the office staff in Exton and other branches that I have worked with in the past years. They are like family to me and I will never forget them for all the support they gave me over the years. I really feel bad that most of them will be out of a job soon due to bad management decisions and uncertainty that has put their futures in chaos. They really deserve better and hope nothing but success for the office staff.
Pros
they provided a free lunch on last friday of every month & great office staff
Cons
really bad upper management that is out of touch and has no clue what they are doing
a fun and challenging position
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 2, 2012
Multi tasking is a must at a fuel company
I believe the management could be alittle more concerete in the policy follow thur
I found the most enjoyable part of the day is having deadlines to keep.
Backstabbing people, terrible supervisors
driver (Former Employee) –  Central NYJanuary 16, 2014
trucks falling apart, rude office staff and employees, unsafe driving and facility's ( missing safety bars at loading rack) poor company layout. Supervisor played favorites with employees, had us leave overloaded to turn a extra profit
funny workplace, friendly and productive
Customer Service Repersentative II (Former Employee) –  Conshohocken, PA.February 12, 2014
Productive, Very friendly, I learned a lot working there. My supervisor was patient
Pros
friendly atmosphere
Cons
this job is weather related
Work Environment Is Productive
Certified Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 30, 2014
Great place to work due to exposure to residential, commercial, and agricultural customers.

2.6