Superior Technical Resources Employee Reviews in United States

job shop service
Mechanical Design Engineer/Checker (Former Employee) –  Palm Bay, FLSeptember 27, 2015
60 plus hour weeks job shop service 6 month contract ended at 6 months not much contact from service other than work related items and to let me know contract ended and not to report to work
Working at the Airport
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Arlington VirginiaAugust 2, 2013
A typical day for STR was adventurous. Working in an airport I was able to meet and help many different people from across the world. Since the airport is a face past environment I learned how to mutli task and keep an eye out on more then one thing at once. I also learned how to capture fingerprints and iris images through a high-tech kiosk. Management had its good and bad days. Sometimes they gave us a heads up about things and sometimes they didn’t let us know about big changes that were coming our way. For example when the company was going out of business, Instead of telling us they allowed us to complete our last shift and then broke the bad news. This put so many of my co workers in a bind. My co workers really nice and energetic. Everyone got along well and came together as a team when problems came about. One of the hardest parts of the job was getting people to maintain their composer during emergencies until the proper authorities were on the scene. Many times people have made threats that alarmed anyone that heard them. The most enjoyable part of the job was working along with TSA. I enjoyed the great service and help that they gave me while expediting travelers through our security screening lanes.
Pros
free membership to expedite security lines, great co workers
benefits
This was a temp service
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Stockton CAMarch 7, 2012
I was hired through this temp service, which is in San Diego i think, to a warehouse job in Stockton. It was an ok job except the boss said i would get a raise and be permanent if i made it through the three month probationary period, but after working there for six months the company closed and i never got a raise or a permanent status.
Contract job, work to all expectations until contract ended.
Temporary Assignment, L-3 Communications (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 25, 2015
Learned the work quickly, applied myself keeping on task, and completed all jobs orders with satisfaction from contacts. Pleased my supervisors and worked well with my co-workers. Finished my contract without incident leaving the position with positive remarks from my supervisors.
Pros
I was trusted to work my tasks and complete them with my own reasoning and problem solving.
Cons
Temporary assignment, little advancement, only require minimal abilities leaving me unchallenged
Great company to work for room for advancement
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJuly 30, 2015
Answer phone
Create daily worklad and convert onto spread sheet
Freindly enviornment
Willing to help others
Matching skills to the correct job placement
Temp to hire postions
Pros
JOB PLACEMENT
Cons
TEMPORARY POSTIONS
Your foot in the door to L-3 Communications
Facilities Demolition/Mover (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 6, 2013
Just as I said, a foot in the door, you're a sub-contract for L-3 Communications where you'll get a feel for things before actually getting hired on through L-3. Most people go through here beforehand.
Pros
great starting wage
Cons
no benefits
very organized
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 19, 2015
very organized on policies and personnel , management was very strict on policies and very supportive in training and assisting an employees success
Fairly Good Company
Shipping/ Receiving Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJuly 12, 2012
Fairly good company to work for. Good compensation, affordable benefits, great atmosphere among co-workers. The hours and holiday leave were decent.
Nice and friendly people.
Senior Assembler (Former Employee) –  Livermoor, CaliforniaJune 9, 2015
Supervisors and coworkers were very friendly. The work was manageable, and the facility had a good break room to relax in.
Pros
Shuttle program to get you to and from San Jose or Fremont.
Cons
Weekend hours.
Worked as Contractor off site
NET Web Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, MarylandAugust 30, 2012
Security and HR were great. Beyond that I had no benefits or contact with the office.
Temp job
Commercial Loan Accounting (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 13, 2012
I like it. Gaining alot of experience in the banking industry.
Pros
i get to work a job i like.
Cons
no benefits no vacation
Good temporary job while it lasts
Part/Full Time (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FlJune 1, 2015
Contract labor working on Direct TV cable boxes for Jet Blue plane seats. Contract to work subsidiary LiveTV for Jet Blue Airlines. Good working conditions and coworkers, less a heavily micromanaged shop. Good old boys networking.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Micromanaged. Medium pay to make you work overtime.
Excellent employ, quality and customer oriented. Learns new functions quickly, works well individual or with other employees in a team environment.
Test Operator/Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 21, 2014
A typical work day varied through all shifts within a month, Roy willingly worked any/all hours and positions requested (automated testing, troubleshooting, repairing and documenting as required). Management and co-workers all worked well together, everyone willingly accepted and shared information and best work practices improving everyone's function on a daily basis. The four month contract ending was the hardest part of this job, working directly with the solar and wind generator power converters as a real pleasure.
Pros
working within solar and wind generation technologies - green
Cons
short term contract.
Friendly environment which helps with communication.
Loan Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FloridaJuly 19, 2014
As of right now I work at HSBC dealing with mortgages and foreclosure. I'm part of a note validation team which checks and scans files into their name and process files. I love the management because there easy to communicate with. My co-workers are great to work with because they provide each other with help when needed. I would have to say the hardest part of my job is learning the process since I just started in 06/14 but I'm optimistic about the whole process. The most enjoyable part would have to be the friendly environment around the company.
8-12 hour days. Mon-Fri sometimes weekends. Morning meeting, then get on my forklift and go to my department. Then Clean and go home.
Stock Handler with Forklift (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHMay 11, 2013
Morning meeting, then get of my forklift (sit down or stand up) and head to my department (DMO).

My supervisor will have orders ready for me to pick, pack, weigh and stage by the shipping doors.

There was two of us in DMO.

I learned how to drive a both forklifts sit down and stand up. I learned how to use a shrink wrap machine along with a bander.

I had one 30min lunch and two 15min breaks.

My co-worker was awesome. My supervisor was awesome. Upper management was great.

The hardest part of the job was weighing the merchandise IF you did not have the scale lift because you had to go to the back of the building and it took up so much time.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to drive the forklifts. I always wanted to learn.
Pros
everything except the long hour days.
Cons
sometimes 9-12 hour days were too extreme.
Fun work environment
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 10, 2014
It introduced me to a new type of clinic environment and I had the opportunity to meet new people and learn new things through the military. It was the busiest OB/GYN clinic in the entire department of defense so the patient load was heavy but there was always something to do which made the day go by faster. My co worker were mostly active duty military females and my bosses were also active duty, but we blended well we had a mix od civilian and military life. The hardest of the job was working with different providers everyday. From day to day you never knew where you would be working and with whom and everyone works differently and like things done differently so you had to learn how each provider like their clinic ran.
Location has been convenient for all positions
Client Advisor, Paychex (Former Employee) –  155 Corporate Woods Suite 130, Rochester, NYOctober 11, 2013
I have learned to be a very professional person. Always on time and prepared to begin job. Dealing with management has taught me to be humble and respectful. I always have room for growth and willing to learn. I have a very outgoing personality and able to adapt to any situation. I am able to take on challenges as well. My ability to problem solve has been a positive strength. The most enjoyable part of any job is gaining knowledge and interacting with the public and co-workers.
Pros
very nice work atmosphere, building work relationships
Cons
more permanent assignments
Just a temp job
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  SyracuseFebruary 8, 2015
I was told it was 3 months to hire but when I got to the job it was temp only.
The job site treated me like I was second class.
They charged enormous amounts of money for unhealthy food.
No place to park
Job site only wanted to favor new grads
Pros
got 5 days off after 1 year
Cons
they wanted to keep me as a temp for their own profit
Very high paying job with flexible hours and great supervisors.
Software Test Engineer (Former Employee) –  El Segundo, CAOctober 17, 2014
I enjoyed working as an Embedded Software Test Engineer at the Xerox Corporation. Superior Technical Resources found the position, which was a very high paying 18-month contract position. I worked on test projects with a team of great coworkers and a great supervisor. I enjoyed working at Xerox but unfortunately Xerox laid off all of their contractors because of the economic collapse caused by the terrorist attack on September 11, 2001.
Pros
very high pay rate.
Cons
no security because the job was temporary.
Administrative Assistant
MD Anderson Police Department (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 2, 2015
Entering data from employee's background check into a database, date entry, filing, setting up spreadsheet. Working for a temporary agency.
Cons
Was a temporary job