Superior Employee Reviews

Packing: Having fun at the workplace but also finish the job
Packer (Former Employee) –  Mossville, ILNovember 10, 2013
A typical day at work is coming in put my belongings in my locker, place my cleaning things in the spots I'm about to go over, for example; Put the mop by the bathroom put the vacuum by the carpet ect. Then get on the line and start packing boxes sending them down the line. I learned how to work co-workers and have fun. I started to manage my money real well. My co-worker were enjoyable the made me feel like I was home. The hardest part of the job was when I had to quit to go to college. The most enjoyable part of the job was on holidays the co- workers just felt like family everybody smiling and having parties. Everybody would meet up in D building play games for prizes it was just one of those things that reminds of the little.
Pros
lunch breaks, full-time
underpaid for potentional dangerous job
Attendant Care Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2015
a typical day at work was usually the usual daily chores,cooking cleaning,washing laundry,grocery shopping ,attending Dr. appointments. i also balanced the monthly bills and paid them too. I took care of some basic grooming for patient. I learned how to administer medication , research the mediation to ensure that all medication were not potentially harmful. The management was one person and that was the patient., I had no co-workers. the hardest part of the day was dealing with the panic attacks and violent outbursts, the dangerous situations I was put in.The days that were calm and the patient wasnt dangerous , he could be pleasing and very interesting to be around.
Pros
flexable hours
Cons
potentialy dangerous
This job has been very rewarding,and a fun place to work.
Shop Manager (Former Employee) –  Concrete, WAJune 12, 2014
We start work early mostly by 6:00am. Right now i work in dispatch
getting the jobs for the day started. Calling the customer making sure the concrete is on the job on time. Calls are always coming in and things are always changing.
We try to stay up beat to keep the drivers moving which is not always easy. I learn something about people every day. They always want what they want when they want it. My job is to keep com and to let them know i will do the best i can for them. The hardest part of my job is to run this business in a professional way. The most enjoyable part comes at the end of the day and all customers are happy.
A very unpleasant place to work
SR. ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 8, 2012
This company was bought out by a bigger company and it did nothing to improve upon the upper management that was currently in place. This small company is rife with petty disagreements and the only people who get advanced are friends of the previous owner even when they have no experience or job training to back up their advancement. The hardest part of the job was working with incompetent co-workers. The most enjoyable part of this job was when I quit.
Pros
the actual restoration managers were awesome but under-appreciated
Cons
work environment is often hostile and petty
you stay busy
Janitor/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJuly 28, 2015
i worked for superior for 3 months and i unloaded and loaded the truck myself at each worksite. i was told i couldnt take a lunch break when i worked from 530pm-3am, sometimes 4. because people was quitting. it was a point where i cleaned 3 locations at night by myself for atleast 3 wks, i was told by the part owner, i would be compensated but i never did. then for all the hard work i did, they fired me.
Pros
Cons
they lie, and want you to do so much in a little amount of time, they dont hire bi-lingual people, so its hard to communicate, they also hire very old people, so the work is doubled if youre a fit person
Superior carriers,Karns City,pa.
driver (Former Employee) –  Karns City, PASeptember 10, 2013
The pickups were often to close to delivery time and often ran out of the 14 hour before using the 11 hour up. The equipment was ok. No pet policy was not great for me.I learned to drive w/ adversity and the smithe system is the best way to drive.Management was good .One co worker had real anger issues and I hope they put him in his place.The hardest part was being on time though I always was except twice missing by less than one hour.The most enjoyable part was driving and seeing the country and how this country works.
Pros
good driving experience
Cons
felt like i was thrown in the deep end to soon.
flexable hours
Attendant Care Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 17, 2015
all house cleaning chores, laundry , cooking and preparing meals, paying bills balancing monthly budget. Helping with personal grooming if needed.I learned to handle people with mental disabilities.I didn't deal with management much overall okay. No co workers. the hardest part was dealing with the outbursts of the patient.the most enjoyable was the times when the patient wasn't having a episode.
Pros
flexable on the times to work
Cons
the potetialy violent nature of the patient
did not like the job
CNA (Former Employee) –  Lecanto, FLJuly 6, 2014
was misled when hired as cna thought it was skilled but an alf so was not happy with the pay thought being as experienced should've gotten more and was not treated as an eqeal seemed to be treated and looked down on felt like I was in high school and the workload very heavy and the residence in my point of view weren't taken care of properly but was not there long at all to really form a better oppinion
Pros
offered benifits
Cons
resident care was poor
Productive and Engaging workplace
Sr Technical Support -Siemens Automation Systems (Former Employee) –  TexasDecember 27, 2015
Superior is a contracting company for Siemens. 90% of work is done with Siemens at USPS facilities nationwide.
The Job requires travel 100% and all expenses are done through the Intranet system on the Superior protocol. It is effective.
I support the FPARS project for Siemens in the USPS Network nationwide.
Pros
Good management
Cons
slow follow up on candidates
productive and fun driving around and going to new places taking roofing materials
driver (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 6, 2012
my typical day at work would be waking up everyday at 5:00 a.m i would go to my job and they would tell me were to go,to pick up roofing materials.One of the hardest part of the job was when the crane didn't show up, so i had to unload the material on my own by hand.I really enjoyed my job overall and i liked working on my own.
Cons
lunch break
Everyday there is somthing new to look foward to.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Covina, CAJuly 23, 2015
This company is one of the best companies I have had the opportunity to grow and greatly succeed with. There is plenty of room for growth and the benefits are rewarding. The best thing about this company is that you are in control of how far you want to grow. Recognition is always valued, making it easy to do a great job!
Pros
Free Bevarges
Cons
Short breaks
Who do I Work For?
master scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 6, 2016
Superior signs my checks. That is all I know of this company. I have "worked" for this company for 2 years now and do not know a single name of anyone in the management or support chain. I work all the time due to no benefits (time off or holidays). There is no security or advancement opportunity because again I know nobody in the company.
Pros
I get paid
Cons
No Benefits
high production little overseeing and fun work
solderer, assembler, reworker (Former Employee) –  Indian Harbour Beach, FLApril 14, 2014
starting day with production goals and meeting those goals for each product, the day flies by, no dragging due to lack of work. learned many tips to improve production from co-workers and leads. The most enjoyable day is Friday - donut day!
Pros
free donuts and we got free products and tee shirts.
Father showed me how to run the business
PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Beacon Falls, CTDecember 1, 2015
Many accounts so very busy.
Waxing floors, Washing carpets
How to be Professional and make new long lasting customers.
Co-workers were team players not many issues
Having to work long weekends for weeks straight
The people
Pros
Working with my Dad and learning from him
Cons
working with family members at times
Good Placement Agency
Contract Senior Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Williamsville, NYJune 17, 2015
Provided a solid assignment with the ability to use my skills as a part of a team, not just temp busy work. The staff is professional and curteous and have great follow-up in getting back to you with information.
Pros
welcome you to apply for various opportunities
Cons
Health care coverage is expensive
Thankful
bakery clerk associates (Current Employee) –  Fontana CaOctober 27, 2014
I am a cashier I learned to communicate well with others. to be a team player be eager to work and always give great customer service. no matter how my day is going I still give it my 100% I learned that not everyone works the same as me but I do what I can when I am there.
Pros
my customers, my checks to pay bills
Cons
my salary
fast pace high class grate tips
Valet/ Greater (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 11, 2013
had a great boss Tom at the ritz carlton was a great experience.
did not like working events of hospitals employes play favorites with cars, customers, and they pocket tips to often.
Pros
lots of running, tips, hours.
Cons
running, stingy employes stealing tips.
Easy nd workers are fun to be around
Packline/Receiving (Former Employee) –  Chillicothe, ILFebruary 27, 2012
Great place overall and i enjoyed working for them. The workers got along good with the managers and supervisors.They was very open and friendly.
Pros
free lunches when we reached a goal.decent breaks
Cons
couldn't talk at all.
Family
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 7, 2014
I really enjoyed my time at Superior. We all worked very close together. I got along with everyone. I enjoyed working with them in a group & when I had to do individual task. The benefits were great. I learned a lot from this job and I really miss it.
Fun place to work at, great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 30, 2012
It was short but great while it lasted. Working there was a great time for me and the people there were like family. Everyone cared for everyone. I miss them.
Pros
great people, great boss.
Cons
no complaints