SUPERMARKET Employee Reviews

Regular
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 13, 2017
Pagan mu poco
No tienen hirario fijo
No te acómodas en tu vida personal
Respect
Cashier (Current Employee) –  MaghniaApril 7, 2017
I started working at 6 o'clock and finished at 6 all week days except Friday. I learned a lot about handling clients and respect their opinions. The best part of my job, I made new friends and the benefits are usually pretty good. The worst part of my job no insurance.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
First job and learned a lot
IRMA (Former Employee) –  Copenhagen, NYMarch 22, 2017
My first job and i loved it!

I learned how to service customers and what people like and dont like when they go shopping, i earned a lot of skills and started to earn my own money
Pros
Learning
Cons
Payment
usual day at work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 7, 2017
Once your already punched in you'll start by making sure that all tables and chair are properly setup right , clean off the tables , add water , glass cups, plates, and sliver wear.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough pay
Ambiente de trabajo divertido
cajera vendedora (Former Employee) –  New Jersey, Estados UnidosFebruary 19, 2017
Trabajé medio tiempo en el supermercado en New Jersey, tuve la oportunidad de desenvolverme como cajera y otros oficios varios. Trabajaba de 10 de la mañana a 3 de la tarde. El manager era muy servicial, y nos colaboraba a todos para que el ambiente en el trabajo fuera mas ameno. Aprendí a defenderme en el Idioma inglés, de volver en su respectiva moneda y cuadrar caja al final del turno. La parte mas difícil fue al principio aprender a manejar la caja, y las de vueltas porque sus monedas son distintas a la de nuestro pais.
Pros
Pagaban semanalmente
Cons
existia mucha tensión entre algunos compañeros
Very interactive & positive environment.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCDecember 14, 2016
I enjoy interacting with and helping others when I can. With me working at a grocery store it gives me that opportunity to do so. Although I would never mind explorering my options.
Very good company
Refrigeration/hvac service manager and tech (Former Employee) –  Chesapeke vaSeptember 4, 2016
Would still be working there. Company was sold and closed down. Owner was open door to all employees. Benifits and pay was great
Pros
Best managment i have seen
Cons
productive and fun work place and fun people to work with
Fresh Market (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARAugust 18, 2016
I went in work and clocked in and said hey to all the people i worked with and put my work coat and hat on and got to work stocking the display with items it needed and putting out the food's while having casual conversation with my fellow worker's.

I learned a lot about food's and what customers like in the store and how to treat them in any type of situation and how to work well with others without conflict.

management was okay, the manager was always busy, but got back to us as soon as possible. the assistant managers where always there to help if the main manager wasn't.

my co-workers where easy to get along with and made ut very much fun.

the hardest part of the job was when it was when we had sales and we would have a rush hour type thing and become very busy.

most enjoyable was organizing and stocking.
Pros
the people i worked with where the best. and the good health benefits
Cons
the break room was too small
i have fun working with some employes
Employee (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 30, 2016
I learn not to trust everybody and I learned lots of things that can be use at work, the management there is ok I guess but some of my
co-workers are nice but I know they are just acting I enjoy seen some of the customers they are nice to me, the best part of it is that am workings am earning my money its not much but am doing it and the fun we have there, and finally the hardest part is pretend I don't know what they are saying and not knowing why they are saying bad things about me. etc....
Pros
i can get anything like snaks from the store for free
Cons
they don't pay much
productive and very socializing
C-Town (Current Employee) –  Woodhaven, MIMarch 1, 2016
Working as a Cashier I have learned many things that would help me with future jobs. I have learned how to properly speak to customers, and how to react with unhappy costumers. I also learned how to work under pressure very well. The most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the people. However, the hardest part of my job is bagging the heavy merchandise. I work really well with my co-workers , and often give them a helping hand. The managers at my job are very pleased with the work I do.
greet customers as they came to register
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 1, 2015
Its was a very great job when you the mangers were being mangers and not have these young girls managing youth and adults. I wish I was able to stay longer.
the challenge of the supermarket industry
food plaza (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJune 10, 2015
i have learned a lot in the supermarket industry everyday was a different day of learning how to handle customer at a different level the job never ended until you finished it was a challenging experiment and love to work with people .i can said that i am a people person.the hardest job was the challenge of the multitasking part of the job ,but i was able to manage and also watching shop lifter rand supervised 15 cashier at a time
Worked in Supermarket jobs the most compare to any other jobs.
Compare Foods (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMay 11, 2015
I was trustworthy punctual and on time coming to work. I also assisted customers finding the product they need to buy from store shelves.

The way how my co workers see me is that I am active bringing shopping carts and unloading items on store shelves.

The hardest part of my job is knowing what my boss tells me to do is to known what he is asking for in the orders of the product.
Pros
Only a bonus at the end of the year.
Cons
No insurance to give to the employees
busy all the time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  debeNovember 14, 2014
it was ok for some parts of it.i met a lot of people my co workers was fun management was not so good.
sunshine working day
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  C09July 18, 2014
It's a sunshine day, work with a partner, under a big umbrella. we are in charge of introducing samples.
Pros
have no idea
Cons
short break
the treatment is very nice
supermarket baydon (Former Employee) –  hay el abaidJuly 6, 2014
i go tho the work at 10 am to finish at 8 pm ; i learned many thing from there i learned that trusting the buyer is most important than buying thing to customer ;management is very good if you make mistakes they help you to fix it; the hardest part is when there are lots of customer and you are alone ; and the most enjoyable thing is when you have fun with the other workers or when a customer you know comes to the supermarket and you talk with him
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
Great workplace
Fresh Grocer (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2014
It's a great place to work if you like working with people. its a great place if you like being around people that know how to make there hours go by
Pros
friendly people
Cons
Not alot of hours and money
i enjoy my job because of the great customer's we have everyday. it just makes my dayy.
price rite (Current Employee) –  York, PAAugust 21, 2013
I learn alot at price rite just being a cashier. but im happy i got a promotion for the supervisor position and so far i learned how to run the store as in opening and closing and keep up with my employee shift etc.
Pros
n\a
Cons
short breaks
not bad to wrk for
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Dunmore, PAJuly 24, 2013
I would be still their if it did'nt close up very fast paced.

I would be still there if it didnt close
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun place to work
Market Street (Former Employee) –  Lewisville, TXJune 15, 2013
It was an enjoyable experience, meeting new people everyday and learning about a new vegetable was always exciting.
Pros
meeting customer
Cons
not enough work hours