SUPERMEDIA

SUPERMEDIA Employer Reviews

Outside sales
Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), Bensalem, PAApril 10, 2014
Think before you jump. Fast Paced. Company is hemorrhaging revenue. Great job but you need to deal with irrational leadership.
Work place is very busy Managers are poorly trained.
IT Field Support System Technician (Former Employee), DFW / AIRPORTMarch 24, 2014
Pros: decent benefits.
Cons: no over time and everyone is supposedly a management employee.
You start working when you arrive taking more trouble tickets even though you haven't finished the ones you had since most groups are under staffed.

I learned that large companies treat you like a number on the books. After working there 30+ years I was let go during a merger and told to leave not even a thank you for all my hard work.

CO-workers – more... were like brothers we helped each other daily.

Hardest part of the job was not being appreciated since the manager had no concept of what we actually did.

Working with my customers who did appreciate me and would send me emails thanking me. – less
Terrible products
Inside Sales Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: inside sales
The company doesnt have the customers best intrest in mind. Only theyre bottom line.
Supermedia Review
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAMarch 14, 2014
The job was okay. However, the company has been struggling financially (it declared bankruptcy ins 2012) and it became apparent that there was going to be mass-layoffs.
Challenging environment working with great people.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2014
Challenging with the limited budget but forced me to be creative. Great people.
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Holyoke, MAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working conditions
Cons: print advertising is declining
Fun and exciting helping businesses with their advertising.
Energetic Workplace
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Beaverton OregonFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: helping small businesses and work on your own schedule
Cons: low base slalary
A typical day will involve assisting clients with questions and advising them regarding their internet advertising, calling a creating leads for new clients, trouble shooting queries and helping small businesses navigate the world of internet and print advertising. One of the skills I've honed working at Supermedia is that of self motivation. It is – more... a fast paced work environment that requires that you be organized and motivated. – less
A typical day at work consisted of hangline Revenue and making Cold Calls.
Media Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and management team
Cons: pay, commission structure.
A minimum of 2 hours a day on Sales Phone calls were required along with Account Management, billing, customer service, reporting etc. 50+ Cold Calls per day. Handling delinquent clients, getting them to pay the account balance and make changes to the new or existing accounts.
Muiti tasking, is a must.
premise sales rep (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: manager, co-workers. outside sales
Cons: problems with products preforming
My average day consists of seacrhing for new clients to help them
acheive their goals with advertsing on the internet or yellowpages.

also working with exsisting clients and following up with clients to help
improve their ROI. Love my co-workers, they make the job
better. my most enjoyable part of my job is selling new business
and helping them grow. – more... i have a great relationship with my manager. – less
Advertising & Marketing for SMB's
Advertising Account Executive (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Advertising & Marketing company for SMB's. Specializing in SEO, SEM and website design. Falls short on product fulfillment, used to be a great culture, but are moving towards a platform where they pay the Reps much less and expect a lot more. Customer satisfaction hard to come by as a rep because of the fulfillment issues.
Fast Paced production facility for the areas leading telephone directory.
Special Assistant (Former Employee), Albany, NYDecember 26, 2013
Pros: excellent compensation package
The most enjoyable part of my job would be the relationships you build with your co-workers. I spent 15 years working with the same individuals. We have seen babies be born, been to weddings. Celebrated the good times and the not so good times. I have developed many lifelong friendships. They will all be deeply missed.
Sales company dedicated to growth undergoing merger changes
Outside Media Consultant (Current Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 6, 2013
Pros: compensation & benefits
Cons: advancement opportunites
A typical day involves working with current clients and cold calling for non-advertisers and new businesses not currently in our systems. Client contact is at their place of business, an alternate location, or by phone.Part of the day, usually mornings and evenings, is utilized for paperwork processing. In my 19 years with the company, I have acquired – more... the knowledge, skills and abilities to manage a sales team and deliver results. Have been part of the management team for about 14 years of the 19 years with this company. I have a great working relationship with my co-workers and respect their job responsibilities. Have seen a lot of sales reps come and go through our organization. The hardest part of the job is that our programs don't always work to the client's expectations and the most enjoyable part is working with our clients and seeing their business grow due to their investment in our marketing solutions. – less
Productive Multicultural Workplace
Division Assistant/ Regional Receptionist (Current Employee), Henrico, VANovember 7, 2013
Pros: 1 hour lunches
Cons: too much sitting
Overall a pretty cool place to work. Company has been downsizing quite a bit in past years due to economic changes.
Good Company
Publishing Support Specialist (Former Employee), DFW Airport, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Laid off a lot of knowledge to outsource the jobs lost. Decent benefits.
Very nice Corporate facility with Restaurant and Hotel
Billing Analyst (Former Employee), 2200 W Airfield Dr DFW Airport TX 75261September 19, 2013
Pros: schedule was flexible
Cons: distance to work
First time to work for a Corporation, but I enjoyed the flexibility of not having to work necessarily an 8 to 5 or 9 to 6 schedule.
The most difficult part of the position was that I did basically the same thing every day which was computer work without much contact with clients, but I enjoyed working independently without supervision.
A great career
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Warwick, RISeptember 17, 2013
Pros: training and products
Cons: innovation - new products
Training is excellent and opportunity to advance is available.
It is a demanding and fast paced environment.
Lots of very talented and hardworking co-workers make the pressure manageable.
Horrible
Sales executive (Former Employee), Withihita, KSSeptember 8, 2013
Pros: location - close drive from my house
Cons: too many to list
Run. Management unskilled and unprofessional.

Trying to sell undesirable product all day long.

Low morale in my office.
friendly nice clean place
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Lanham, MDAugust 22, 2013
friendly nice clean place fun motivating the people where great and managment awesome
Horrible office climate
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAAugust 12, 2013
Sales management could use some development, most enjoyable part of job was the commission
Great Company
Advertising Media Consultant (Current Employee), Chesapeake, VAJuly 14, 2013
Supermedia is a strong company. They offer great benfits and compensation. They strive to enhance their employees knowledge of the market.

Most days are spent working with existing client accounts on their advertising programs.I also spend 50% of my time canvassing for new clients who need to expand their business visibility through our marketing tools.

The – more... co-workers are great. They are always willing to help other representatives. They are also very knowledgable in marketing technics.

The hardest part of the job is selling Yellow Page Advertising. In today's market, the product's value has dropped significantly. For this reason this consulting positon is one of the hardest sales positions today.

The greatest satifiaction of this position is establishing an adavertisng program that fits a client's needs and acheives the return on investment goals previously established. – less

1 2 3 4

About SUPERMEDIA

SuperMedia serves as the advertising agency for small to medium sized businesses with a variety of advertising solutions; and – Read more

SUPERMEDIA Photos