SUPERMEDIA

SUPERMEDIA Employer Reviews

NA
Media Consultant (Former Employee), Worcester, MAOctober 30, 2014
Pros: helping businesses find success in media marketing
Cons: products were outdated and fulfillment was poor
My experiences with the training program at Supermedia was outstanding, Learning the sales cycle, products and Salesforce CRM were invaluable to my success. The two part training program took place over the course of eight weeks, and help me to develop best practices that i still use today.
Is a great company to work for
Analyst- Claim Affiliate Traffic (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2014
This company has given me the opportunity to learn many different things, such as: reviewing affiliate click traffic to determine quality of click based upon client's service and target areas. Typically, this investigation is done upon an escalation of an account.
Support Superclicks & SuperClicks Premium Clients. Explain benefits of program as well – more... as theSuperpages.com network to our internal & external clients.
Coordinate/request adjustments on the accounts and communicate with internal/external clients.
Analyze client's website, current account setup, categories, keywords and landing pages and provide recommendations if needed.
Assist in training needs for new hires, which involves but not limited to explaining the company's regulations.
Handle escalations and time critical issues in a daily basis by providing our clients with professional explanation and process of claims and adjustments approval.
Analyze data for possible errors and make changes as needed to ensure accuracy going forward; follow up with client to provide findings and ensure customer satisfaction and retention. – less
Upbeat working enviroment
Sales Support/ Advertising Consultant (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Pros: rewarding environment with company sponsored events/ parties
Cons: you are assigned a book of business that you are responsible for retaining
Supermedia was a laid back sales working environment. We build advertising plans for small to medium business owners across the nation. The management team was very responsive to employee concerns and issues.
Everyone is afraid of what may come next
Media Consultant (Current Employee), New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: freedom of being an outside sales rep builds pride and accountability
Cons: constant merging and bankrupt situations cause system challenges
Emails, text, conference calls are repeated daily with the same message. Not a very motivating place to work. However we have many resources to step up our sales. The hardest part of the job is dealing with managers that are clearly print(yellow page) managers that really have no knowledge of the internet. I enjoy making a difference with providing – more... resources for my customers to grow their business – less
B2B Consulting and Sales
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2014
Pros: b2b relationships
Cons: they closed their az operations to consolidate in 2011.
The best part about being with supermedia was developing the relationships with the various business owners and helping them attract new clientele and driving sales their way.
Great Pay
Coordinator (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 22, 2014
Great Pay, ok company to work for
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
not impressed, layoffs year round
manager of over 300 plus annual accounts (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAAugust 29, 2014
Working with supermedia was a great opportunity however there are
too many changes day to day and employees are always on edge if they will have a job from day to day.
Dont do it
Media Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDAugust 27, 2014
terrible. company no longer exists as they have filed bankruptcy and changed names
Great pay, hard quotas
Advertising Account Executive (Former Employee), Providence, RIJuly 21, 2014
Pros: great compensation
Cons: quotas are crazy !!!
If you are a great cold caller, go for this job. It pays really well, however get ready to meet some serious quotas!!!
Demanding Sales Postition
Multi Media Sales Expert (Former Employee), South Portland, MEJuly 16, 2014
Drove business to business on a daily basis in the greater Bangor area. Solicited small to medium sized businesses to improve their online presence through media coverage and Google partnership.
Dynamic and challenging
Team Lead / Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CAJuly 8, 2014
I loved that the company was on the edge of technology and the leader in the industry.
great job with great pay
Operational Support Staff Division Assistant (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 8, 2014
SuperMedia was a great company to work for and the pay was excellent
Was a very fun place to work.
Media Consultant (Sales) (Former Employee), Normal, IllinoisJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great compensation, great learning curve on new products
Cons: unrealistic views on the part of marketing on collateral, and what products sell in the midwest as opposed to other states
This was the type of career I had where the day went quickly. I never felt I had to look at the clock. I learned a lot of patience and how to work with many different styles of managers throughout the years. My Coworkers were the best, very professional. The hardest part of the job was that my product became obsolete. The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was interaction with my clients.. – less
Very fast paste and stressful work environment
Inside Sales Media Consultant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 25, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: high turnover when things are slow.
Half of the day calling existing clients to either renew accounts and or upgrade services, and the second half prospecting new clients offering SEM and SEO services. I learned all about Organic and sponsored advertising for businesses layered with Search Engine optimization. Manage at this organization put an awful lot of pressure on reps to sale because – more... of the pressure they are getting from upper management which creates a hostile work environment. My co-workers are genuinely nice people are easy to work with for the most part. The hardest part about the job is selling out of a whole due to charge backs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfillment you get when you've helped someone understand the need to advertise their business online, and they come in agreement with you. – less
already done
Senior Media Consultant (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 18, 2014
Pros: done
Cons: done
for some reason this one repeated and i don't know why. the best thing about his place is it was close to my home
Fast paced and great introduction to small business sales
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA & Irving, TXMay 16, 2014
A typical day is involves needs analysis, ROI and creating marketing plans to optimize the small.large business using online advertising and print.
extremely productive team
collections specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasMay 8, 2014
Working for UHC was an amazing work experience. I called doctors offices and hospitals collecting refunds that UHC has overpaid. I also worked disputes and appeals and spoke with reps directly at UHC. I had full access of all of UHC systems and one time, collected a six figure check.
N/A
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 30, 2014
Do not choose to do a review at this time. sorry i dont thik this is necessary at this time
SuperMedia
Media Consultant, Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: meet great people, great benefits, professional atmosphere, great training sessions
Cons: over worked and under paid, shady internet products.
I worked at SuperMedia for 15 years. The company had a downsize and my department was released. I will say over all, inspite of the challenges sometimes, SuperMedia was a wonderful place for me to work. I enjoyed working with some of the people there, they took care of me and my family. I was the top Sales Rep in 2005 and travlled all over the world – more... and made lots of money from 2005-2008.

I learned how to be a great sales person by asking questions and finding out about what a customer was expecting from us and offer the best solution to for their company that will drive customers to their information online, in a phone book or by direct mail pieces.

I also had the opportunity to work in managment where I had oversight of 20 employees that reported to me from Chicago! It was a wonderful time and we did a lot of fun things. I helped them reach their goals and help my them to be the best that they could be.

The hardest part of my job was when something with wrong with our product or when the customer was irrate and upset and wanted out. There was nothing that we could say or do that could change their mind when the customer was irrate. The sad thing about it was, near the end, our company, SuperMedia, stood behind and their product and didn't offer any good resolution because they were wanting the customers money.

The enjoyable part of my job was when we went on trips for being in the top 10 sales reps, nationwide. I was forwarded the priviledge to go to Austrailia, Montreal, Cancun, St. Lucia, Whistler, Tahiti and Nassau, Bahamas.

That's why I say overall, it was a great company to work for, however, they went a different route and I understand that and I'm OK. – less
Outside sales
Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), Bensalem, PAApril 10, 2014
Think before you jump. Fast Paced. Company is hemorrhaging revenue. Great job but you need to deal with irrational leadership.

1 2 3 4 5

About SUPERMEDIA

SuperMedia serves as the advertising agency for small to medium sized businesses with a variety of advertising solutions; and – Read more