SUPERMEDIA Employee Reviews

Fast paced production environment. Friendly and fun environment.
Initial Distribution Manager (Former Employee) –  Valley Forge, PAJanuary 22, 2017
Could not speak highly enough about my tenure at Supermedia, formerly Bell Atlantic/Verizon. The benefits were very good. The opportunity for advancement was always there with hard work and determination. The management for the most part was wonderful and the job culture was very diverse.
Pros
Free Lunches off/on site. Yearly awards benefits for both employees an management
Cons
Merger brought about many changes and job lay-offs
This company is not any longer called Supermedia for they closed most o their offices and layed off many people.
Outside sales (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2017
I loved my co-workers but felt management was way over their heads when it cam to the internet.
The hardest part of the job was selling into an ad vehicle that was outdated.
Pros
Nice salary and compensation plan
Cons
Constantly being hazzled by management instead of being motivated.
awesome place to work
URL CHANGES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAAugust 23, 2016
awesome training, great environment. everyone was very friendly and willing to help. managers were always willing to step up and help as well.
Great atmosphere to work, very family oriented
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  3131 Katella Ave, Los Alamitos CaJuly 19, 2016
After working for this company for over 15 years I can honestly say that it has been the best company I worked for. Like at any jobs there have been pros and cons but I will say that the pros far, far outweigh the cons.
High pressure / dying product
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORApril 25, 2016
Company makes 90% of it's profit from a dying dinosaur - the yellow pages. Can't sell internet fast enough to make up for losing print customers.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
High pressure
Excellent benefits, pay
Customer Service Specialist/Media Consulrant (Former Employee) –  Monroeville, PAApril 13, 2016
Supermedia paid both base salary and commission. It was a great place to work and would never have left however they closed the telephone sales department.
Pros
Benefits, great compensation
Cons
stressful
Excellent Training, but after that not much
Austin Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Supermedia has an excellent sales training program but their support for sales staff in the field is subpar in my opinion.
Pros
Pay, Sales Training
Cons
Sales Support, Customer Service, Public Relations
Relaxed and fun place to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Nice place, good management, helpful co-workers.
Comfortable relaxed place. Everyone gets along with each other. Clean, secure place
High energy sales work environment
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 11, 2015
High energy sales work environment. Company is going through growing pains like most media companies getting into the social media side of advertising.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
High Stress
Great job poor product
Internet Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 23, 2015
I took this job in hopes of selling Google SEO programs and instead the product was Organic Google space that frankly didn't produce the placement that we were told to promise our customers.
Pros
Great family life
Cons
Product was very poor
Worked with Fantastic People
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJuly 16, 2015
I loved working here....it was sad...like working on a Sinking Ship...

Yellow Pages had its day and we, at GTE Directories, were the Top.
Pros
Fun Place...Successful People...Great Place To Work
Cons
The Ship Was Sinking...
Sales trainer, District Sales manager, major account executive
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 10, 2015
This was a great company, great products and ability to move up within the company and more to other areas logistically if you choose to. Great income opportunity and benefits that start day of hire.
Pros
healthcare starts day of hire
Cons
when your in management the reps are union
Solid company in a shrinking marketplace
Manager Business Development and Partnerships (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport HeadquartersJune 16, 2015
This was a really great company when Yellow Pages were the hottest advertising opportunity. However, they have been slow to adapt and that has taken a toll on the company. The people are great! Culture is great!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need better products
Review For Supermedia
Media Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  MarltonJune 11, 2015
Good Company with great earning potential. Management can be a little unrealistic, but overall pleasant. Work and home life can be a little tricky. Its hard initially to find the balance.
Developing New Accounts
Senior Internet Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale,AZApril 30, 2015
Manage and execute online marketing strategies, including but not limited to interactive search engine marketing, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, and web development for all types of clients.
Provide daily account management, including contact with clients, search engines and internal departments to ensure flawless communication and program execution.
• Finished 2013 with increase of new monthly dollars 16K for digital products in both SEM & SEO.
• Net Revenue Gain of 36%
• Top Producing Sales & Account Management Professional, acknowledged for building strong client relationships.
Pros
Self managed. Bonuses
Fun environment and the best years of my life.
MEDIA CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  California, CAApril 9, 2015
The best years of my life took place while I was at SuperMedia. SuperMedia gave me the tools I needed in life to work. Everyday i was able to help business owners grow their business. It was difficult to see everyone go.
Ouside sales rep
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 23, 2015
Sold SEO space on search engine sites of Google, Yahoo, and Bing. This was a great job for me and I really found a niche with this job for B2B sales.
Great people
Division Assistant-Regional Assistant Support (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 12, 2015
former employee of Supermedia/DexMedia very busy days with great satisfaction. The co-workers are helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the business.
Great company overall
Sales Representative / Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 11, 2015
I worked for this company 7+ years. I learned a lot from them. They provide a lot of training and invest a lot into their employees.
Pros
Established company
Cons
some turn over
Formerly great company crumbling.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2015
We all know with the advent of the digital age that phone books are becoming instant recycling bin fodder. This company was shaken to the core after 9/11 when the markets took a hit and never recovered. They really had no choice but to eventually begin outsourcing. Managers who made the company great were being let go and taking packages, people were being thrown overboard and jumping overboard. One of the most favorite job experiences of my life transformed into an absolutely terrible experience. At this point it's every man for himself and everybody has been turned into a mercenary. The CEO was being investigated by the feds..not good.
Pros
The paychecks don't bounce
Cons
You have to work there to get your paycheck

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SUPERMEDIA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8