SUPERMEDIA

SUPERMEDIA Employer Reviews

Demanding Sales Postition
Multi Media Sales Expert (Former Employee), South Portland, MEJuly 16, 2014
Drove business to business on a daily basis in the greater Bangor area. Solicited small to medium sized businesses to improve their online presence through media coverage and Google partnership.
Dynamic and challenging
Team Lead / Supervisor (Former Employee), Los Alamitos, CAJuly 8, 2014
I loved that the company was on the edge of technology and the leader in the industry.
great job with great pay
Operational Support Staff Division Assistant (Former Employee), Monroeville, PAJuly 8, 2014
SuperMedia was a great company to work for and the pay was excellent
Was a very fun place to work.
Media Consultant (Sales) (Former Employee), Normal, IllinoisJuly 3, 2014
Pros: great compensation, great learning curve on new products
Cons: unrealistic views on the part of marketing on collateral, and what products sell in the midwest as opposed to other states
This was the type of career I had where the day went quickly. I never felt I had to look at the clock. I learned a lot of patience and how to work with many different styles of managers throughout the years. My Coworkers were the best, very professional. The hardest part of the job was that my product became obsolete. The most enjoyable part of my job – more... was interaction with my clients.. – less
Very fast paste and stressful work environment
Inside Sales Media Consultant (Former Employee), Rockville, MDJune 25, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: high turnover when things are slow.
Half of the day calling existing clients to either renew accounts and or upgrade services, and the second half prospecting new clients offering SEM and SEO services. I learned all about Organic and sponsored advertising for businesses layered with Search Engine optimization. Manage at this organization put an awful lot of pressure on reps to sale because – more... of the pressure they are getting from upper management which creates a hostile work environment. My co-workers are genuinely nice people are easy to work with for the most part. The hardest part about the job is selling out of a whole due to charge backs. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fulfillment you get when you've helped someone understand the need to advertise their business online, and they come in agreement with you. – less
already done
Senior Media Consultant (Former Employee), Everett, WAJune 18, 2014
Pros: done
Cons: done
for some reason this one repeated and i don't know why. the best thing about his place is it was close to my home
Fast paced and great introduction to small business sales
District Sales Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GA & Irving, TXMay 16, 2014
A typical day is involves needs analysis, ROI and creating marketing plans to optimize the small.large business using online advertising and print.
extremely productive team
collections specialist (Former Employee), Dallas, TexasMay 8, 2014
Working for UHC was an amazing work experience. I called doctors offices and hospitals collecting refunds that UHC has overpaid. I also worked disputes and appeals and spoke with reps directly at UHC. I had full access of all of UHC systems and one time, collected a six figure check.
N/A
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 30, 2014
Do not choose to do a review at this time. sorry i dont thik this is necessary at this time
SuperMedia
Media Consultant, Manager (Former Employee), Irving, TXApril 24, 2014
Pros: meet great people, great benefits, professional atmosphere, great training sessions
Cons: over worked and under paid, shady internet products.
I worked at SuperMedia for 15 years. The company had a downsize and my department was released. I will say over all, inspite of the challenges sometimes, SuperMedia was a wonderful place for me to work. I enjoyed working with some of the people there, they took care of me and my family. I was the top Sales Rep in 2005 and travlled all over the world – more... and made lots of money from 2005-2008.

I learned how to be a great sales person by asking questions and finding out about what a customer was expecting from us and offer the best solution to for their company that will drive customers to their information online, in a phone book or by direct mail pieces.

I also had the opportunity to work in managment where I had oversight of 20 employees that reported to me from Chicago! It was a wonderful time and we did a lot of fun things. I helped them reach their goals and help my them to be the best that they could be.

The hardest part of my job was when something with wrong with our product or when the customer was irrate and upset and wanted out. There was nothing that we could say or do that could change their mind when the customer was irrate. The sad thing about it was, near the end, our company, SuperMedia, stood behind and their product and didn't offer any good resolution because they were wanting the customers money.

The enjoyable part of my job was when we went on trips for being in the top 10 sales reps, nationwide. I was forwarded the priviledge to go to Austrailia, Montreal, Cancun, St. Lucia, Whistler, Tahiti and Nassau, Bahamas.

That's why I say overall, it was a great company to work for, however, they went a different route and I understand that and I'm OK. – less
Outside sales
Outside Account Executive (Current Employee), Bensalem, PAApril 10, 2014
Think before you jump. Fast Paced. Company is hemorrhaging revenue. Great job but you need to deal with irrational leadership.
Work place is very busy Managers are poorly trained.
IT Field Support System Technician (Former Employee), DFW / AIRPORTMarch 24, 2014
Pros: decent benefits.
Cons: no over time and everyone is supposedly a management employee.
You start working when you arrive taking more trouble tickets even though you haven't finished the ones you had since most groups are under staffed.

I learned that large companies treat you like a number on the books. After working there 30+ years I was let go during a merger and told to leave not even a thank you for all my hard work.

CO-workers – more... were like brothers we helped each other daily.

Hardest part of the job was not being appreciated since the manager had no concept of what we actually did.

Working with my customers who did appreciate me and would send me emails thanking me. – less
Terrible products
Inside Sales Marketing Consultant (Current Employee), OHMarch 15, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: inside sales
The company doesnt have the customers best intrest in mind. Only theyre bottom line.
Supermedia Review
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee), Monroeville, PAMarch 14, 2014
The job was okay. However, the company has been struggling financially (it declared bankruptcy ins 2012) and it became apparent that there was going to be mass-layoffs.
Challenging environment working with great people.
Product Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 6, 2014
Challenging with the limited budget but forced me to be creative. Great people.
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Holyoke, MAFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: flexible working conditions
Cons: print advertising is declining
Fun and exciting helping businesses with their advertising.
Energetic Workplace
Media Consultant (Current Employee), Beaverton OregonFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: helping small businesses and work on your own schedule
Cons: low base slalary
A typical day will involve assisting clients with questions and advising them regarding their internet advertising, calling a creating leads for new clients, trouble shooting queries and helping small businesses navigate the world of internet and print advertising. One of the skills I've honed working at Supermedia is that of self motivation. It is – more... a fast paced work environment that requires that you be organized and motivated. – less
A typical day at work consisted of hangline Revenue and making Cold Calls.
Media Sales Consultant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great co-workers and management team
Cons: pay, commission structure.
A minimum of 2 hours a day on Sales Phone calls were required along with Account Management, billing, customer service, reporting etc. 50+ Cold Calls per day. Handling delinquent clients, getting them to pay the account balance and make changes to the new or existing accounts.
Muiti tasking, is a must.
premise sales rep (Current Employee), Beaverton, ORJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: manager, co-workers. outside sales
Cons: problems with products preforming
My average day consists of seacrhing for new clients to help them
acheive their goals with advertsing on the internet or yellowpages.

also working with exsisting clients and following up with clients to help
improve their ROI. Love my co-workers, they make the job
better. my most enjoyable part of my job is selling new business
and helping them grow. – more... i have a great relationship with my manager. – less
Advertising & Marketing for SMB's
Advertising Account Executive (Current Employee), Ontario, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Advertising & Marketing company for SMB's. Specializing in SEO, SEM and website design. Falls short on product fulfillment, used to be a great culture, but are moving towards a platform where they pay the Reps much less and expect a lot more. Customer satisfaction hard to come by as a rep because of the fulfillment issues.

1 2 3 4 5

About SUPERMEDIA

SuperMedia serves as the advertising agency for small to medium sized businesses with a variety of advertising solutions; and – Read more

SUPERMEDIA Photos