SUPERMEDIA

SUPERMEDIA Employee Reviews

Excellent Training, but after that not much
Austin Area Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 3, 2016
Supermedia has an excellent sales training program but their support for sales staff in the field is subpar in my opinion.
Pros
Pay, Sales Training
Cons
Sales Support, Customer Service, Public Relations
Relaxed and fun place to work
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYFebruary 1, 2016
Nice place, good management, helpful co-workers.
Comfortable relaxed place. Everyone gets along with each other. Clean, secure place
High energy sales work environment
Account Executive/Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CASeptember 11, 2015
High energy sales work environment. Company is going through growing pains like most media companies getting into the social media side of advertising.
Pros
Good Money
Cons
High Stress
Great job poor product
Internet Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Manteca, CAJuly 23, 2015
I took this job in hopes of selling Google SEO programs and instead the product was Organic Google space that frankly didn't produce the placement that we were told to promise our customers.
Pros
Great family life
Cons
Product was very poor
Worked with Fantastic People
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAJuly 16, 2015
I loved working here....it was sad...like working on a Sinking Ship...

Yellow Pages had its day and we, at GTE Directories, were the Top.
Pros
Fun Place...Successful People...Great Place To Work
Cons
The Ship Was Sinking...
Sales trainer, District Sales manager, major account executive
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 10, 2015
This was a great company, great products and ability to move up within the company and more to other areas logistically if you choose to. Great income opportunity and benefits that start day of hire.
Pros
healthcare starts day of hire
Cons
when your in management the reps are union
Solid company in a shrinking marketplace
Manager Business Development and Partnerships (Former Employee) –  DFW Airport HeadquartersJune 16, 2015
This was a really great company when Yellow Pages were the hottest advertising opportunity. However, they have been slow to adapt and that has taken a toll on the company. The people are great! Culture is great!
Pros
Great people
Cons
Need better products
Review For Supermedia
Media Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  MarltonJune 11, 2015
Good Company with great earning potential. Management can be a little unrealistic, but overall pleasant. Work and home life can be a little tricky. Its hard initially to find the balance.
Developing New Accounts
Senior Internet Specialist (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale,AZApril 30, 2015
Manage and execute online marketing strategies, including but not limited to interactive search engine marketing, search engine optimization, affiliate marketing, and web development for all types of clients.
Provide daily account management, including contact with clients, search engines and internal departments to ensure flawless communication and program execution.
• Finished 2013 with increase of new monthly dollars 16K for digital products in both SEM & SEO.
• Net Revenue Gain of 36%
• Top Producing Sales & Account Management Professional, acknowledged for building strong client relationships.
Pros
Self managed. Bonuses
Fun environment and the best years of my life.
MEDIA CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  California, CAApril 9, 2015
The best years of my life took place while I was at SuperMedia. SuperMedia gave me the tools I needed in life to work. Everyday i was able to help business owners grow their business. It was difficult to see everyone go.
Ouside sales rep
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAMarch 23, 2015
Sold SEO space on search engine sites of Google, Yahoo, and Bing. This was a great job for me and I really found a niche with this job for B2B sales.
Great people
Division Assistant-Regional Assistant Support (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCMarch 12, 2015
former employee of Supermedia/DexMedia very busy days with great satisfaction. The co-workers are helpful and extremely knowledgeable about the business.
Great company overall
Sales Representative / Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAMarch 11, 2015
I worked for this company 7+ years. I learned a lot from them. They provide a lot of training and invest a lot into their employees.
Pros
established company
Cons
some turn over
Formerly great company crumbling.
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXFebruary 25, 2015
We all know with the advent of the digital age that phone books are becoming instant recycling bin fodder. This company was shaken to the core after 9/11 when the markets took a hit and never recovered. They really had no choice but to eventually begin outsourcing. Managers who made the company great were being let go and taking packages, people were being thrown overboard and jumping overboard. One of the most favorite job experiences of my life transformed into an absolutely terrible experience. At this point it's every man for himself and everybody has been turned into a mercenary. The CEO was being investigated by the feds..not good.
Pros
the paychecks don't bounce
Cons
you have to work there to get your paycheck
Overall Average Rating
Media Consultant - Southern California Market (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Exceptional company to work for with the exception of bankrupcy status looming in the horizon for a number of years...........
NA
Media Consultant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 30, 2014
My experiences with the training program at Supermedia was outstanding, Learning the sales cycle, products and Salesforce CRM were invaluable to my success. The two part training program took place over the course of eight weeks, and help me to develop best practices that i still use today.
Pros
helping businesses find success in media marketing
Cons
products were outdated and fulfillment was poor
Is a great company to work for
Analyst- Claim Affiliate Traffic (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2014
This company has given me the opportunity to learn many different things, such as: reviewing affiliate click traffic to determine quality of click based upon client's service and target areas. Typically, this investigation is done upon an escalation of an account.
Support Superclicks & SuperClicks Premium Clients. Explain benefits of program as well as theSuperpages.com network to our internal & external clients.
Coordinate/request adjustments on the accounts and communicate with internal/external clients.
Analyze client's website, current account setup, categories, keywords and landing pages and provide recommendations if needed.
Assist in training needs for new hires, which involves but not limited to explaining the company's regulations.
Handle escalations and time critical issues in a daily basis by providing our clients with professional explanation and process of claims and adjustments approval.
Analyze data for possible errors and make changes as needed to ensure accuracy going forward; follow up with client to provide findings and ensure customer satisfaction and retention.
Upbeat working enviroment
Sales Support/ Advertising Consultant (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Supermedia was a laid back sales working environment. We build advertising plans for small to medium business owners across the nation. The management team was very responsive to employee concerns and issues.
Pros
rewarding environment with company sponsored events/ parties
Cons
you are assigned a book of business that you are responsible for retaining
Everyone is afraid of what may come next
Media Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 25, 2014
Emails, text, conference calls are repeated daily with the same message. Not a very motivating place to work. However we have many resources to step up our sales. The hardest part of the job is dealing with managers that are clearly print(yellow page) managers that really have no knowledge of the internet. I enjoy making a difference with providing resources for my customers to grow their business
Pros
freedom of being an outside sales rep builds pride and accountability
Cons
constant merging and bankrupt situations cause system challenges
B2B Consulting and Sales
Marketing Consultant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 24, 2014
The best part about being with supermedia was developing the relationships with the various business owners and helping them attract new clientele and driving sales their way.
Pros
b2b relationships
Cons
they closed their az operations to consolidate in 2011.