SUPERVALU Inc.

SUPERVALU Inc. Employee Reviews

Highly productive work place with high standards, lot of great people
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNJune 26, 2015
Pros: Working with a lot of fun people.
Cons: On occasion unexspected overtime.
* 10-12hr workdays driving all types of forklifts, Shipping/Receiving and working with a RF-scanner.

* Learned how to drive numerous forklifts.
* How to work with a RF-scanner doing inventory, rotating stock, and shipping /receiving.

* Management was a very large group a lot of switching.

* Hardest part was sitting long hours on a sit-down forklifts.

* Most enjoyable part was getting paid very well every week.
Special projects and challenging work load
Category Management - Category Analyst I (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNJune 25, 2015
A great place to work. There are several opportunities to advance at this company. I enjoy my coworkers and everyone is willing to help each other out.
Great place to work for. Alot of work, but compensate above average.
Shift Supervisor, Produce Distribution Center (Former Employee), Urbana, ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: Wage
Cons: None
Great atmosphere to work. Managers are in touch with the employees. Work is tough, but employees are well compensated. They care about what employees have to say.
Fun and energetic atmosphere!
INVOICING CLERK (Former Employee), Denver, PAJune 17, 2015
Pros: Wonderful work environment!
Cons: Ensuring no errors on a daily basis!
Busy work environment. Responsibilities included invoicing loads, assigning picking order, customer service, and organizing files.
Management was supportive and helpful. Co-workers were easy to get along with and energetic.
The hardest part of the job was keeping the entire day organized for pickers and loaders.
The most enjoyable part of the day was finishing timely and efficiently.
Good Company Getting Going Again
Finance Business Analyst II (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJune 8, 2015
Good company to work for with good compensation and benefits. Things tend to be pretty complicated from a finance and reporting standpoint which makes day to day duties difficult at times. People here are generally very nice and willing to help where they can. Sometimes the hardest part of the job is staying busy.
SuperValu Review
IT Specialist III (Former Employee), Boise, IDJune 8, 2015
Pros: challenging and rewarding
Cons: Out-sourced overseas
I worked at the IT Service Desk for 7 years as a Technical Specialist III, working the 11 am until 9 pm shift Weds - Sat.
Fast-paced and challenging answering Tier 1 questions from retail locations and corporate end-users concerning retail stores point-of-sale applications and network related issues.
Good income, bad for moral
Technical Analyst III (Former Employee), MinnesotaJune 2, 2015
On a given day you deal with customers from all over the country who are mostly angry and think they are better than you. You learn the in's and out's of the way the grocery business works and if you try to improve on a process, management either loves the idea and takes credit for your hard work or hates it and reprimands you for your time. The hardest part of the job is playing the political politics so you don't get in trouble. The benefits are ok, at least you have insurance. They don't pay you what you should be paid (according to others in your field) but it still is a decent wage. Management are mostly backstabbers and the moral just is not a healthy place to work.
Miss this place
Category Management Assistant (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 20, 2015
Pros: Great company to work in.
Worked for over one year as a temp.
Learned a lot of things in this company.

Started out in one department and accelerated to a different department.

Management was very keeled.
Organized, hard worker
Department Specialist II (Former Employee), Richmond VAMay 9, 2015
Punctual
Organization & learning management skills
Able to work well along side management & coworkers
Learning something new everyday
do not wish to comment
Employee (Former Employee), MidewestApril 30, 2015
Supervalu has changed over the years. Once very dedicated to their employees, it is now about all about the 3 month earnings report.
Steady work
order selector, loader (Former Employee), Green BayApril 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: union contracts were bent based on favorites
Overall i enjoyed my time with SuperValu, great co-workers and the benefits were good. Loading/unloading trailers or order selection were day to day work
I enjoyed finding new things to bake every day.
Baker (Former Employee), Fairview, MtApril 15, 2015
Pros: My day was done by 1pm.
Cons: My day started at 4 am or earlier.
My typical day started out filling special orders. My manager was very open to me finding new recipes to make and put on the shelf for our customers. Team work throughout the store was good. The hardest part of the job was hauling boxes from the delivery truck to the freezer.
Flexible work life balance
Internal Auditor II - Internal Audit (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 13, 2015
Supervalu has a very flexible work life balance. We are able to work from home 2 days a week and make up our time without having to take PTO for doctor's appointment.s
Great place to work for Supply Chain or Warehouse workers.
Senior Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Tough to advance without advanced education
Schedules are the hardest part of the job in a 24/7 operation and no holidays except Christmas and Thanksgiving. The people are great to work with including most management.
Productive work place with helpful co-workers
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee), Urbana, ILApril 7, 2015
Pros: Clean enviroment/Birthday and holiday celebrations
Cons: Short Lunch
A typical day consisted of making phone calls during the morning and meeting/data entry the rest of the day. I learn how to managed several different account and how to handle different people. The people i worked with were always very helpful and full of knowledge. The hardest part of my job was when we had to let our customers know we did not have the inventory they needed, but we always found a way to help them. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a team that had the same goals of putting the customer first.
Horrible Job Work/Life Balance
Order Selector (Former Employee), Denver, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks and crazy working hours
The company thinks employees do not have families. They expect their employees to work around 60 hours a week and work 24/7 so this is a place where most likely all important Holidays will be spent there working.
Productive atmosphere
Order Selector (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2015
SuperValu productivity expectations were unrealistic and safety conditions were very poor. Pay was good. Extremly high turn over rate and needs to be more employee friendly.
Great company when I worked there 15 years ago
Buyer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 5, 2015
Tough to write a review without being employed there in recent years. Was laid off when they moved buying operations to midwest
Decent enough place to work. Good money.
Master Trainer/Order selector (Current Employee), Urbana, ILMarch 3, 2015
Start to stop, working hard while being timed.
Work every weekend
schedule always subject to change
Boring and repetitive, very little chance for advancement.
Good Company to start with
Technical Buyer (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNMarch 2, 2015
Great Opportunity to learn the industry after college, great people. Left to pursue other options. Not the best work/life balance company.

1 2 3 4 5

About SUPERVALU Inc.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the¬†purchase of more than – Read more

SUPERVALU Inc. Salaries