SUPERVALU INC.

SUPERVALU INC. Employer Reviews

nice place and was happy there
Lead Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Milton, WVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good ppl to work with
Cons: insurance sucked
I like working there but Milton Wv center closed down and consolidated with Pittsburgh
Great place to wor
IT Technician I (Former Employee), Boise, IDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace
I have learned a lot with Supervalu and Albertsons. I have started from the bottom of their It and worked my way up. Went from taking calls to ordering lifecycle equipment. Supporting software deployments and Citrix Access.
Not a good workplace
Project Manager - Retail Technology (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNOctober 22, 2014
Not a good environment to work in. newcomers to the department were treated like out casts.
HIgh volume 24 hour business
Boss (Current Employee), Mechanicsville, VAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: we can surely discuss this
While there I have become certified in related fields. I have learned the inner workings of a food warehouse. The hardest part is working day and night shifts in the same week. The most enjoyable, that's a hard one.
Pleasant enviornment
Temporary Warehouse Logistics Manager (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAOctober 9, 2014
At work I would work with a team of others servers and chefs to serve the elderly in their lunch and dinner meals. The atmosphere was pleasant with friendly staff. The hardest part of my job was to keep the serving within certain time limits which was challenged by the elderly.
Great enviornment and people
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2014
I really enjoy what I'm doing and the people I work with are wonderful.
I've learned a whole new skill set and can now apply for positions in Payroll Deparetments.
This is a temporary position and I need a full time permanent position.
Very fit and healthy job
Warehouse (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAOctober 5, 2014
Very kind and great environment. Everyone was so willing to provide their help. Job keeps you very healthy and fit with a massage therapist on site which is great. Very supportive team at Supervalu
Weird Enviroment
Buyer - Produce (Former Employee), HopkinsSeptember 29, 2014
Beyond Cheap

Culture is populated with older, bitter employees who make it difficult to want to stay and try and make a difference and are hard on new employees- Hence not a lot of new talent around to move the company to the next level. Lots of recent layoffs.
Old and outdated systems that date back to the 90's don't help.
I have worked with both WM and Target previously and they are way ahead of SV from a technology standpoint. Beyond cheap when it comes to benefits to office supplies- I literally had to buy my own notebooks. They are a dinosaur.
It's too bad because Cub is a great brand.
Productive and good work place
SQL /BI Developer (Former Employee), minneapolisSeptember 28, 2014
Good to be part of team and this was my first company to work in Retail and Health care system domain and good learning about Retail.
productive work place with a full gym.
Merchandising Sales Associate (Former Employee), Champaign, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: the benefits are very good, vacations n you get plt days.
Cons: not a stable company!
this company closed our office due to miss management! 56 people lost there jobs!! I loved this job, I was really close to my customers, they relied on, I always went out of my way to take care of them!!
much cross-functional team work
Quality Assurance Supervisor - Private Brands (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 17, 2014
worked with many departments to ensure that the private brands products were within specification and compared to the national brands
Great!
Business Support Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MinnesotaSeptember 14, 2014
SUPERVALU operates a complete range of grocery formats and merchandising programs that address the unique preferences of the communities we serve and allow us to satisfy differing regional tastes. Today, SUPERVALU and its 35,000 employees serve customers across the United States through a network of approximately 3,420 stores composed of 1,900 stores serviced primarily by the Company's food distribution business, 191 traditional retail stores, and 1,334 hard-discount stores, of which 957 are operated by licensee owners. Annual sales total approximately $17 billion.

We proudly provide millions of customers with the best products on the shelves: national brands and our high-quality and affordable private label products. Our combined expertise in grocery, pharmacy, independent business and supply chain operations provides SUPERVALU with a strong platform for sustainable success.
The Warehouse Life describes it all.........
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good people, hard working workforce
Cons: too many to list........
Multi-Billion Dollar company. It has its ups & downs. Busy from the beginning to the end of every day.
Contractor
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Usually come in as a contractor with the option to a set position if one opens and is available. But you only receive a hourly wage with no time off or benefits as a contractor and I have been here over a year and am still in as a contractor with no open positions.
LOVED MY JOB
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charleston, MSAugust 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Great place too work. Great Co workers, Nice environment, I miss this palce.
Department didn't make it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 31, 2014
Assisting the Enterprise Advantage department with standard administrative functions, I was able to assist a couple other departments within the company which was challenging and a great way to learn new things.
Fast paced and interesting place to work with on site fitness center
Pricing Analyst I (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: on site fitness center
Cons: wages
This is a Grocery distributor Nation Wide. Servicing Banner and Independant grocers all over the United states. I have learned cuts of meat, microsoft programs and better customer service skills. The staff in this company are amazing to work with. Feels more like close friends and family. The hardest part of the job is how quickly things can change and having to adapt to change and still take care of the customers with little interference in servicing them. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the customers. Getting to know them and building trusting relationships with them. Making sure I make their job a little bit easier.
Wow Amazing Co....
Credit Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2014
Loved this company. Cared for their employees. Great times with them.
Productive until the boss showed up
Stocker (Former Employee), Garrison, NDJuly 29, 2014
A typical day was restocking shelves. There was not much to learn it was a basic job to have in high school. The management was good. Some of the coworkers were easy to work with others not so much but that's given in most jobs. There wasn't really a hard part of the job. An enjoyable part of the job was working at night with people you liked
Working
Department Specialist Retail Technology (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNJuly 21, 2014
The working environment is good and the co-workers are good to work with.

About SUPERVALU INC.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the¬†purchase of more than – Read more