SUPERVALU Inc. Employee Reviews

Steady work
order selector, loader (Former Employee), Green BayApril 23, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: union contracts were bent based on favorites
Overall i enjoyed my time with SuperValu, great co-workers and the benefits were good. Loading/unloading trailers or order selection were day to day work
I enjoyed finding new things to bake every day.
Baker (Former Employee), Fairview, MtApril 15, 2015
Pros: My day was done by 1pm.
Cons: My day started at 4 am or earlier.
My typical day started out filling special orders. My manager was very open to me finding new recipes to make and put on the shelf for our customers. Team work throughout the store was good. The hardest part of the job was hauling boxes from the delivery truck to the freezer.
Flexible work life balance
Internal Auditor II - Internal Audit (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 13, 2015
Supervalu has a very flexible work life balance. We are able to work from home 2 days a week and make up our time without having to take PTO for doctor's appointment.s
Great place to work for Supply Chain or Warehouse workers.
Senior Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 7, 2015
Pros: Job security
Cons: Tough to advance without advanced education
Schedules are the hardest part of the job in a 24/7 operation and no holidays except Christmas and Thanksgiving. The people are great to work with including most management.
Productive work place with helpful co-workers
Merchandise Assistant (Former Employee), Urbana, ILApril 7, 2015
Pros: Clean enviroment/Birthday and holiday celebrations
Cons: Short Lunch
A typical day consisted of making phone calls during the morning and meeting/data entry the rest of the day. I learn how to managed several different account and how to handle different people. The people i worked with were always very helpful and full of knowledge. The hardest part of my job was when we had to let our customers know we did not have the inventory they needed, but we always found a way to help them. The most enjoyable part of this job was working with a team that had the same goals of putting the customer first.
Horrible Job Work/Life Balance
Order Selector (Former Employee), Denver, PAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: short breaks and crazy working hours
The company thinks employees do not have families. They expect their employees to work around 60 hours a week and work 24/7 so this is a place where most likely all important Holidays will be spent there working.
Productive atmosphere
Order Selector (Former Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 16, 2015
SuperValu productivity expectations were unrealistic and safety conditions were very poor. Pay was good. Extremly high turn over rate and needs to be more employee friendly.
Great company when I worked there 15 years ago
Buyer (Former Employee), Tacoma, WAMarch 5, 2015
Tough to write a review without being employed there in recent years. Was laid off when they moved buying operations to midwest
Decent enough place to work. Good money.
Master Trainer/Order selector (Current Employee), Urbana, ILMarch 3, 2015
Start to stop, working hard while being timed.
Work every weekend
schedule always subject to change
Boring and repetitive, very little chance for advancement.
Good Company to start with
Technical Buyer (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNMarch 2, 2015
Great Opportunity to learn the industry after college, great people. Left to pursue other options. Not the best work/life balance company.
Very productive workplace.
Operations (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNMarch 1, 2015
Always moving forward. Lots of volume. Lots of new faces, constant rotation.
There seems to be things that fall through the cracks.
Restaurant Now Closed
Supervisor (Former Employee), Carmi IllinoisFebruary 24, 2015
This facility is no longer in existance.
Tough work with very little pay.
Coworkers were tough to work with.
Owners didnt know how to run a business.
ok
Accountant II / Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 24, 2015
terrible management in my experience, huge turnover ratios...There are two specific managers in the finance department I would avoid, outside of those two the company in itself is a solid place to work.
Great Location
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice work place
was on day shift, work in maintenance control center taking phone calls from supermarkets all over the US that where owned by Supervalu. Any equipment that had a problem they contacted us and we had to dispatch out a vendor for service. Really enjoyed working here but the company moved the call center to Boise Id.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 21, 2015
Friendly staff, great experience in the food industry. Compensation meet the requirements. Hours worked with school schedule. A lot of nice perks and great benefits.
A great company that has good potential if the right people are in place.
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great professional pharmacist friends and technitions
Cons: to the high level management everyone was just a number
I was the pharmacy manager so was in charge of all aspects of the pharmacy, from scheduling, hiring, inventory, and maintaining all proper procedures to be certain the pharmacy was in compliance with all state and federal laws and also meeting objectives from the management above me with the expectation to exceed the goals. I generally had very good technicians with some needing extra attention to get up to expectations. I worked in 4 different stores and had a major challenge in each one of which I felt I exceeded in each with the help of my upper management at that time. As the company grew through a large acquisition we quickly started to become micro-managed which sent morale and productivity of the company down as was also shown in the stock prices. That is when it quit being fun to go to work and going home with a smile knowing a lot got accomplished and I was praised for it.
Order Selector
Order Selector (Former Employee), Indianola, MSJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: the same as pls
Cons: the same as pls
Will Supervalu and PLS is the same. Supervalu get pay by the hour and PLS get payed the cases. PLS is the company within the plant.PLS is the company that will help Supervalu out. All the people work in the same plant.
Not Reccomended
Contract HRIS Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
It was like stepping back into the 1950's. A culture of fear and intimidation, no coherent leadership and no work life balance. I would not recommend this organization to anyone.
Decent lower level employees
Knowledge Administrator (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
Most employees are decent, some upper management could use more training.
40 hrs per wk was the norm
hardest part was multitasking
typical day consisted emails, phone calls, conference calls, meetings, testing and much more.
Stable job
Pharmacy Manager/Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Pilesgrove, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: pays well
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work involves receiving prescriptions from patients, typing them, filling them, checking them, and dispensing them. Vaccinating patients is also a part of the day. I've learned how to be efficient during busy times, as well as manage my time. The hardest part about the job is having a large work load with very little help and having no break through the course of a 12 hour day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with some of the nicest people.