SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews

Basketball, horseshoes and bingo
Forklift Operator and package handler (Former Employee) –  Quincy, FLJune 27, 2017
Company is a good company for as wages but poor management. Insurance kinda high , work can be easier if conditions and equipment was better but overall it's a good job. Work there for 8 plus years but always had problems with a few ppl showing favoritism
Pros
Bonus, free food, bingo, basketball tournament, horseshoe tournament
Cons
Healthcare always changed and poor management
Great Leaning Experience
Distribution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Temple, PAJune 25, 2017
As an employee I tried learning every facet of warehousing from inbound receiving, order selecting, loading to outbound delivery. Ran maintenance department, prepared work orders for the distribution center.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Friendly family oriented great company to work for .
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2017
I loved working in the call center they treat every employ with respect and provide the best customer to all Associates and customers. I would recommend working for SuperValu as a career.
friendly place, fun co-workers, slow- paced,and good starter job.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MN 55113June 24, 2017
A typical day at work would be starting off at cash register, Ringing people up until it gets slower, then starting to clean up the store a little bit like clean the belts, sweeping the floor, cleaning the computers, restocking paper bags and plastic bags. I learned that patience is a huge part of a successful work environment. the management was not really all that great. some of the managers would let you do whatever you want when in came to business being slow. The work place culture was very good. 9/10 times people did what they were supposed to do before they're shift was over. The hardest part of my job was dealing with impatient customers because when they are rushing me it makes it harder for me to stay focused on the task at hand because its putting extra stress and pressure on me to do it more quickly more at they're pace but you can't let them run the show. The most enjoyable part of my job was having fun with Co-workers. The amount of stress that I had when I first started was lifted off of me because I had such kind welcoming Co-workers.
Day at work
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJune 23, 2017
Your day working at supervalu consists of heavy lifting at a fast pace. you are required to make a weekly percent that. Most products way more then 20 pounds so you need to be able to lift that much all day long
Pros
great pay
Cons
hard work
Good place to work safe environment. Workculture was set up based on seniority for daily job assignments, not great if new hire tasks rarely changed.
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 22, 2017
Good place to work safe environment. Work culture was set up based on seniority for daily job assignments, not great if new hire tasks rarely changed.
Pros
Productivity rewards issued for higher performance.
Cons
Inconsistancies with work schedule.
Fast paced
Billing Clerk/ Receiving clerk (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 22, 2017
Seems like they give you a job title, but the actual job requires many different titles. Your expected to do your work and everyone else's. This job required you to work very early hours.
Pros
You don't have to travel
Cons
everything else
Fun and enjoy working with them.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  PhilippinesJune 22, 2017
They are friendly people even the managers. They always want to gives customer satisfaction so that they always visits us. Im glad that ive worked with them.
Great and fun workplace
Head Stocker (Former Employee) –  Drew, MSJune 21, 2017
This company had a lot of positive and work cultures. Also i was in charge of other workers and i was off the weekends and had a lot time that i had to do and learn. Which it was a great way to learn more things and great holiday pay.
Pros
Free lunches extra long breaks
Cons
poor health care
Typical work day
Senior Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJune 20, 2017
As a buyer we would come in early and work until about 4pm. Buying can be a hard job depending on the season. the company had many resources to help in making this as easy as possible.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not really any cons to speak of
Grocery distribution customer service call center
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 19, 2017
If you are looking for a rapidly changing busy environment this is the place for you.
Provide customer service at an in bound call center for retailers and internal customers. Resolving customer issues from delivery schedules, placing orders, resolving delivery problems, late loads, and product inquiry to name a few. Friendly environment.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Employee retention
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Waukegan, ILJune 19, 2017
In working in the Deli, i loved it.
The customers would give you the best part of working there. Making sure all the dates and times on all the produce to be fresh.
Cons
Friendly work environment. Great benefits for full-time employees
Deli Associate/Head Cake Decorator (Current Employee) –  Hagerstown, MDJune 19, 2017
Friendly and supportive work environment. I was professionally trained as a Cake Decorator at the company's expense. Management is supportive. Team atmosphere. The hardest part for me was learning to decorate cakes and learning to bake. The things I find most enjoyable are my co-workers, my Store Manager, and engaging with our customers.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Cons
High turnover with part-time deli associates can create long hours for FT employees.
Average job bogged down by bad bosses.
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJune 18, 2017
Stocking and cashiering make up the bulk of your day. Often time have many scheduling issues. Bosses started cutting me out of hours. Protected by the union slightly, but doesn't always come through.
Clean Team Member (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNJune 17, 2017
Job was awful. Management was extremely lazy and unmotivated. No good benefits. Not flexible with hours. Wouldn't recommend this job to anyone I know.
Unethical and retaliation in the work environment
Management (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2017
District manager and human resources have their favorites. Farm fresh is struggling financially and won't be apart of supervalu soon. I heard from several people that some locations are for sale now. Stay away from farm fresh. Company on a major decline.
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Unethical and vindictive culture
Forklift operator
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJune 12, 2017
The management is horrible bunch of old grumpy men that still live in the 60's...my supervisors were grown men that acted like lil girls.lots of lay offs and work is very inconsistent summer time you work a lot winter time you barely get hrs I would rather work at Walmart then go work there again
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Management and environment
Lots of different personalities
Shipping Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAJune 12, 2017
Sort of too many cooks in the kitchen type place. Many supervisors to the selectors and they seem to busy to help when you need them to. But they try. Lots of men and swearing when things don't go their way. Management is nice and keep cool heads about themselves. They change a lot. Employees don't stick around too long before finding a more simple or less stressful job. They have a hard time training people in the shipping offices cause the people that have been there the longest just do there job and can't explain the many variables that go along with an out dated system. I do enjoy helping the selectors with their vo-colect issues and learning the different aspects of the warehouse and many jobs that are done daily. The hardest for me to get use to is the language some use for no reason at all other than to hear themselves talk. I find a calm voice will get my point across just fine and I'll get better help if I need it. A typical day at work for me ideally would be stead and well done. At supervalu is fast then slow. A shipping clerk gets the ball rolling for the day then waits for others to do theirs so she can keep selectors moving and orders straight.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
unorganized and old systems
Enjoyable work with good people.
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILJune 11, 2017
Working at Supervalu was an enjoyable experience. The employees at the store made me feel welcome and I got to have small talks with the customers while I carried out there groceries and that made the job fun. The job consisted of caring out groceries and stocking shelves with other tasks including facing, cleaning, organizing, stacking, unloading trucks, ordering, and various other tasks. I learned how to work efficiently at the store. The management expected you to work hard but they were not unreasonable. As long as you did your job, they respected you. My fellow employees worked together to keep the store running. Most of them had a positive attitude. Honestly the people were so kind to me there that it was hard to quit. The most difficult part of the job was ordering. It is kind of a guessing game trying to figure out what is going to sell out form day to day. The part of the job I enjoyed the most is when I got to carry out groceries and go out side to get some fresh air. I also enjoyed chopping up fresh fruit when I was in produce.
Pros
Flexible hours, helpful workers.
Cons
No benefits, low pay, and short breaks.
Great paying job
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Denver, PAJune 9, 2017
Being an order selector definitly keeps you on your toes. Extremely fast paced with great pay and benefits. Id probably still be there today, if i didnt have a freak shoulder injury.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperValu Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.