SUPERVALU INC.

SUPERVALU INC. Employer Reviews

Great culture - inspiring leadership
IT Director - Information Protection Services (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 1, 2014
Pros: budget, technology flexibility, leadership
Cons: some areas were unchangeable (and needed change), hr could have been stronger
Every company has it's sacred cows, Supervalu is no exception. Outside of technical taboo's, leadership was inspired. We created new capabilities, acquired organizations, built high performance teams, and in general, made it considerably better.

The team was great - everyone dedicated.
As a rule, there was support to eliminate dead weight, reward stars, – more... and build those with potential.

Was a great place to work – less
Fast-paced, wonderful teamed staff
Warehouse Associate/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: health insurance, co-workers
Super fast-paced, safe work areas, friendly staff and coworkers.
Learned a lot about the automated system, including keeping the machines running at all time.
Was a wonderful place to work!
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 18, 2014
Pros: excellent people who are very good at what they do.
Cons: high sr. management turnover, no pay raises for three years, 401k matches removed, constantly closing regions and distribution centers
Supervalu has been very good to me in the past, and was a great company to work for.
its money
Order Selector (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAJune 5, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: it kills your desire to live
they will work you to death. I was forced to work 20 hour shift multiple times, but i made a lot of money
Solid place to work and good pay
Category Manager (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 4, 2014
Enjoyed my time at Supervalu, but it was time for a career change due to the uncertain landscape. Turns out it was a good decision as they closed down shop.
Produce Tech. Buyer (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 28, 2014
Pros: busy all day
Cons: finding time to take break
Very busy days, learned to multitask, work under pressure. Co workers were great, loved the whole job. Hardest part of job, keeping spoilage to minimum.
Simply put a terrible place to work.
Order Selector (Current Employee), New Stanton, PaMay 13, 2014
Pros: 12.00 per hour
Cons: short break, no set schedule, management is unwilling to work with you.
Work unknown hours that will never mix when your social life. High turnover rate that leaves the good selectors that stay working constant 10-14 hour shifts.
Fast pace work with a great group of co-workers
Department Specialist I (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 12, 2014
A typical day at SuperValu involves taking phone calls from customers, entering in orders and simply making sure that our stores are always taken care of.
Management is reliable and easy going. They are always there to listen to any questions or concerns the employees might have. These are some of the best group of managers I have ever worked with.
Each – more... and every co-worker is always available to help. This is very much a team. This is also what makes each and every day so enjoyable. Although making sure each customer gets handled in a timely matter is sometimes tough, its a great place to work! – less
Not a job to live on
Bakery clerk (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILMay 7, 2014
Pros: discount, good work-life balance, customers, and somewhat good benefits
Cons: short breaks, hours, and management
I worked at Jewel-Osco for about four years. I started as a bagger then moved to cashier. They then promoted me to bakery, which wasn't the greatest. The job was fairly easy and I got along with mostly everyone. The sad part about this job is the hours. I was only getting twelve hours a week. We couldn't get any more hours because of payroll which sucked. – more... The job is good for someone who's in high school and is looking for their first job. The upper management works us to death for small pay. I had to leave this place because it was nothing left there for me. I wouldn't recommend this job or someone looking for a steady job. – less
Good Company
Senior Java Developer (Former Employee), mineapolisMay 4, 2014
Good place to work and good technical people and fun environment.
This is a very reputable company to work for.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), New Stanton, PAMay 4, 2014
Pros: every day is a different challenge
Cons: every day is a different challenge
When I began working at Supervalu, they were understaffed in the inventory control department. I brought organization and commitment to this department.
My work schedule has been my only downfall.
I have worked with many great people over the years.
Department Specialist I (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMay 1, 2014
Pros: being able to try some of the product line when new items come out to the public
Cons: too many restructures and layoffs in departments
I've held many positions over the years at Supervalu. There was always room for advancement. I have worked with many great people that have benefited my career within Supervalu.
I enjoy working with my customers, that completes my day.
Front End Cashier (Current Employee), Richmond, VAApril 25, 2014
Pros: nothing
Cons: no room for further advancement
I wake up looking forward to making my customers smile and seeing that they are satisfied. I have learned to do the best at what I know how to do and be patient through the experience of learning something new.
Distributor of Grocery line product assisting retail with issues and shipments.
Category Manger Assistant GM/HBC (Former Employee), Xenia, OHApril 21, 2014
Pros: getting to try some of the product line when new items come out to the public.
Cons: when shipment is delayed and the store has in upcoming ad.s.
Entering price changes while assisting retail customers with questions/concerns.
I learned what is needed for the pricing scale and working with GM/HBC product line. Assisting the Category Manager with projects, price changes, buyers fair booklet for sales and ordering. Had a unit of 3 other Assistants that worked in other product lines to assistant – more... their Category Managers.
The hardest part of the job is to be modest with your work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating with customers that depend and trust you to get the job done. – less
Evolving Grocery leader
Print Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 15, 2014
There has been a lot of change over the past few years to the company as a whole. They are working to redefine themselves.
Adventures in Management
Warehouse/ Transportation Superintendent (Current Employee), Oglesby, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: advancement through the ranks
Cons: time cut short due to business change
Over the last almost 16 years I have learned a lot of techniques and skills and have grown with the company. We have worked many hours and created long lasting relationships that will be a part of my life for years to come. I am greatly to have worked for a location such as this and had the opportunity to work with many talented individuals. It is now – more... time for many of us to move on due to a business change that requires extreme downsizing. I do not regret for one moment working here and along side some wonderful people. – less
day
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityApril 9, 2014
dont have much to say. I like the retail business and learned alot about it while working at SUPERVALU.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Advertising Coordinator (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 8, 2014
I've held many positions over the years at Supervalu. There is always room for advancement. I have worked with many great people
with good work ethics.
Fun place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 3, 2014
I did not have any problems when I worked there. I left because I wanted to focus more on school for now.
Not family oriented
Information Services - Computer operator (Current Employee), Indianola, MSMarch 21, 2014
SuperValu isn't a bad place to work but when working on Shipping, you hardly get to see your family.

About SUPERVALU INC.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the¬†purchase of more than – Read more