SUPERVALU Inc.

SUPERVALU Inc. Employee Reviews

Restaurant Now Closed
Supervisor (Former Employee), Carmi IllinoisFebruary 24, 2015
This facility is no longer in existance.
Tough work with very little pay.
Coworkers were tough to work with.
Owners didnt know how to run a business.
ok
Accountant II / Accounting Supervisor (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 24, 2015
terrible management in my experience, huge turnover ratios...There are two specific managers in the finance department I would avoid, outside of those two the company in itself is a solid place to work.
Great Location
Maintenance Dispatcher (Former Employee), Malvern, PAFebruary 23, 2015
Pros: nice work place
was on day shift, work in maintenance control center taking phone calls from supermarkets all over the US that where owned by Supervalu. Any equipment that had a problem they contacted us and we had to dispatch out a vendor for service. Really enjoyed working here but the company moved the call center to Boise Id.
Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 21, 2015
Friendly staff, great experience in the food industry. Compensation meet the requirements. Hours worked with school schedule. A lot of nice perks and great benefits.
A great company that has good potential if the right people are in place.
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: great professional pharmacist friends and technitions
Cons: to the high level management everyone was just a number
I was the pharmacy manager so was in charge of all aspects of the pharmacy, from scheduling, hiring, inventory, and maintaining all proper procedures to be certain the pharmacy was in compliance with all state and federal laws and also meeting objectives from the management above me with the expectation to exceed the goals. I generally had very good technicians with some needing extra attention to get up to expectations. I worked in 4 different stores and had a major challenge in each one of which I felt I exceeded in each with the help of my upper management at that time. As the company grew through a large acquisition we quickly started to become micro-managed which sent morale and productivity of the company down as was also shown in the stock prices. That is when it quit being fun to go to work and going home with a smile knowing a lot got accomplished and I was praised for it.
Order Selector
Order Selector (Former Employee), Indianola, MSJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: the same as pls
Cons: the same as pls
Will Supervalu and PLS is the same. Supervalu get pay by the hour and PLS get payed the cases. PLS is the company within the plant.PLS is the company that will help Supervalu out. All the people work in the same plant.
Not Reccomended
Contract HRIS Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2015
It was like stepping back into the 1950's. A culture of fear and intimidation, no coherent leadership and no work life balance. I would not recommend this organization to anyone.
Decent lower level employees
Knowledge Administrator (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 7, 2015
Most employees are decent, some upper management could use more training.
40 hrs per wk was the norm
hardest part was multitasking
typical day consisted emails, phone calls, conference calls, meetings, testing and much more.
Stable job
Pharmacy Manager/Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Pilesgrove, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: pays well
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work involves receiving prescriptions from patients, typing them, filling them, checking them, and dispensing them. Vaccinating patients is also a part of the day. I've learned how to be efficient during busy times, as well as manage my time. The hardest part about the job is having a large work load with very little help and having no break through the course of a 12 hour day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with some of the nicest people.
Great employees
Produce-Stock (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2014
Pros: near a lot of places for lunch.
Cons: very repetitive.
Management worked great when selecting hours. Will work with your schedule if you have a second job or school. Overall a great place to work if just starting out in the work force. If older, starting pay won't really cut it.
Corporate Employee
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 23, 2014
Pros: can work from hom
Cons: lack of professional development
Great work from home culture
laid back culture
Upper management has the company moving in the right direction. fun people to work with.
Picking/Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNDecember 23, 2014
Main focus of operations is working as a team, focused on problem solving and completing orders efficiently and accurately.
Fisical demand and concentration needed
order selector (Former Employee), Denver, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: fisical demand
At the beginning was hard but later i got used to it.some times i needed help and other i help my co worker for instance helpinp them fixing stacking the pallet the right way.
An excellent socially interactive position.
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule. customer interaction.
Cons: repetition of some tasks.
The best part of the job was the variety of tasks I performed, and customer interaction. The hardest part was dealing with some repetition. It was good to see management get involved at my level at times. Co-workers enjoyed communicating with each other while being productive. There was no typical day for me. I worked many different departments and different jobs in each.
Enjoyed originial position
Office Clerk II. General (Former Employee), Boise, IdDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed the position I was hired for but then they transferred me to a different department because my position moved to Eden Prairie Mn.
always busy never a slow day
Trailer picker loader (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 3, 2014
Your were lucky if the shift was light most days it was always busy and alot to do you started your shift at 8 am and didnt get done til 6 or even 7 at night. You only left once the work for that day was done.
You were evaluated on how fast and constant you were if you did not meet their requirements you were let go.
Didnt now when u where going to work.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Milton, WVDecember 2, 2014
It wasn't a very good place to work they didn't treat u very good . U was considered a part time worker but worked 6 days a week without insurance.
A Average Day
FORKLIFT DRIVER/OPERATOR (Former Employee), Indianola, MSNovember 13, 2014
On a usual day we come in grab our equipment. When we get the okay to start everyone starts with no problem. Everyone is always in a good mood in joking with each other to make it a great place to work. The hardest part is being new and witnessing everyone fly by you on every assignment.
Co-workers are awesome, department in transition, uncertain future
Something related to the retail part of Supervalu. (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: everyone knows they're on a sinking ship but no one wants to talk about it.
"We wanted the business as our wholesale customer,"

"I have no desire to be a big retailer—none,"

Two quotes announced by the current CEO at the 2014 annual shareholder meeting. If your planning on being a part of a team within retail and only care about money then this is job for you.
Ok place to work
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Quincy, FLNovember 9, 2014
Ok place to work. It has it's moments but could be better for the employees.

About SUPERVALU Inc.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the purchase of more than – Read more

SUPERVALU Inc. Salaries