SUPERVALU INC.

SUPERVALU INC. Employer Reviews

productive work place with a full gym.
Merchandising Sales Associate (Former Employee), Champaign, ILSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: the benefits are very good, vacations n you get plt days.
Cons: not a stable company!
this company closed our office due to miss management! 56 people lost there jobs!! I loved this job, I was really close to my customers, they relied on, I always went out of my way to take care of them!!
much cross-functional team work
Quality Assurance Supervisor - Private Brands (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 17, 2014
worked with many departments to ensure that the private brands products were within specification and compared to the national brands
Great!
Business Support Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MinnesotaSeptember 14, 2014
SUPERVALU operates a complete range of grocery formats and merchandising programs that address the unique preferences of the communities we serve and allow us to satisfy differing regional tastes. Today, SUPERVALU and its 35,000 employees serve customers across the United States through a network of approximately 3,420 stores composed of 1,900 stores – more... serviced primarily by the Company's food distribution business, 191 traditional retail stores, and 1,334 hard-discount stores, of which 957 are operated by licensee owners. Annual sales total approximately $17 billion.

We proudly provide millions of customers with the best products on the shelves: national brands and our high-quality and affordable private label products. Our combined expertise in grocery, pharmacy, independent business and supply chain operations provides SUPERVALU with a strong platform for sustainable success. – less
The Warehouse Life describes it all.........
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: good people, hard working workforce
Cons: too many to list........
Multi-Billion Dollar company. It has its ups & downs. Busy from the beginning to the end of every day.
Contractor
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZSeptember 10, 2014
Usually come in as a contractor with the option to a set position if one opens and is available. But you only receive a hourly wage with no time off or benefits as a contractor and I have been here over a year and am still in as a contractor with no open positions.
LOVED MY JOB
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Charleston, MSAugust 25, 2014
Pros: everything
Great place too work. Great Co workers, Nice environment, I miss this palce.
Department didn't make it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNJuly 31, 2014
Assisting the Enterprise Advantage department with standard administrative functions, I was able to assist a couple other departments within the company which was challenging and a great way to learn new things.
Fast paced and interesting place to work with on site fitness center
Pricing Analyst I (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: on site fitness center
Cons: wages
This is a Grocery distributor Nation Wide. Servicing Banner and Independant grocers all over the United states. I have learned cuts of meat, microsoft programs and better customer service skills. The staff in this company are amazing to work with. Feels more like close friends and family. The hardest part of the job is how quickly things can change – more... and having to adapt to change and still take care of the customers with little interference in servicing them. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the customers. Getting to know them and building trusting relationships with them. Making sure I make their job a little bit easier. – less
Wow Amazing Co....
Credit Supervisor (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJuly 30, 2014
Loved this company. Cared for their employees. Great times with them.
Productive until the boss showed up
Stocker (Former Employee), Garrison, NDJuly 29, 2014
A typical day was restocking shelves. There was not much to learn it was a basic job to have in high school. The management was good. Some of the coworkers were easy to work with others not so much but that's given in most jobs. There wasn't really a hard part of the job. An enjoyable part of the job was working at night with people you liked
Working
Department Specialist Retail Technology (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNJuly 21, 2014
The working environment is good and the co-workers are good to work with.
SHIPPING AND RECEIVING
Shipping & Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJuly 17, 2014
 Received order instructions, picked orders to customer specifications, and prepared for shipment
 Utilized sit-down and stand-up forklifts to load and unload trucks, gather inventory for orders, and distribute products within facility
 Operated Telxon Inventory System to retrieve and store products
 Performed sanitation operations with floor scrubbers – more... and sweepers – less
A typical day
Shipping and Receiving Specialist (Current Employee), Melrose Park, ILJuly 16, 2014
Working here requires you to be available seven days a week with various start times ranging from 6a -9:30a if working on the day shift. I have learned all aspects of shipping, receiving, and using the red prairie labor system to monitor workers production as well as submit payroll using the red prairie system. The most enjoyable part of my job is when – more... we are able to supply the stores with every item that they ordered and that they will be able to service the customers. – less
Great company to work for
Senior Admin to National Media Manager (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJuly 15, 2014
Advancement available, coaching provided, great work spaces and caring employer.
Long hours and unforgiving
Order Selector (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNJuly 9, 2014
Very tough environment to work at, plenty of hours forced and no work/life balance.
Great culture - inspiring leadership
IT Director - Information Protection Services (Former Employee), Boise, IDJuly 1, 2014
Pros: budget, technology flexibility, leadership
Cons: some areas were unchangeable (and needed change), hr could have been stronger
Every company has it's sacred cows, Supervalu is no exception. Outside of technical taboo's, leadership was inspired. We created new capabilities, acquired organizations, built high performance teams, and in general, made it considerably better.

The team was great - everyone dedicated.
As a rule, there was support to eliminate dead weight, reward stars, – more... and build those with potential.

Was a great place to work – less
Fast-paced, wonderful teamed staff
Warehouse Associate/Receiving Clerk (Former Employee), Lake City, FLJune 24, 2014
Pros: health insurance, co-workers
Super fast-paced, safe work areas, friendly staff and coworkers.
Learned a lot about the automated system, including keeping the machines running at all time.
Was a wonderful place to work!
Business Systems Analyst II (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 18, 2014
Pros: excellent people who are very good at what they do.
Cons: high sr. management turnover, no pay raises for three years, 401k matches removed, constantly closing regions and distribution centers
Supervalu has been very good to me in the past, and was a great company to work for.
its money
Order Selector (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAJune 5, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: it kills your desire to live
they will work you to death. I was forced to work 20 hour shift multiple times, but i made a lot of money
Solid place to work and good pay
Category Manager (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIJune 4, 2014
Enjoyed my time at Supervalu, but it was time for a career change due to the uncertain landscape. Turns out it was a good decision as they closed down shop.

About SUPERVALU INC.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the purchase of more than – Read more