SUPERVALU INC.

SUPERVALU INC. Employer Reviews

Evolving Grocery leader
Print Procurement Coordinator (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNApril 15, 2014
There has been a lot of change over the past few years to the company as a whole. They are working to redefine themselves.
Adventures in Management
Warehouse/ Transportation Superintendent (Current Employee), Oglesby, ILApril 15, 2014
Pros: advancement through the ranks
Cons: time cut short due to business change
Over the last almost 16 years I have learned a lot of techniques and skills and have grown with the company. We have worked many hours and created long lasting relationships that will be a part of my life for years to come. I am greatly to have worked for a location such as this and had the opportunity to work with many talented individuals. It is now – more... time for many of us to move on due to a business change that requires extreme downsizing. I do not regret for one moment working here and along side some wonderful people. – less
day
Technical Analyst II (Current Employee), Salt Lake CityApril 9, 2014
dont have much to say. I like the retail business and learned alot about it while working at SUPERVALU.
Productive and enjoyable place to work.
Advertising Coordinator (Current Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIApril 8, 2014
I've held many positions over the years at Supervalu. There is always room for advancement. I have worked with many great people
with good work ethics.
Fun place to work.
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Evanston, ILApril 3, 2014
I did not have any problems when I worked there. I left because I wanted to focus more on school for now.
Not family oriented
Information Services - Computer operator (Current Employee), Indianola, MSMarch 21, 2014
SuperValu isn't a bad place to work but when working on Shipping, you hardly get to see your family.
I loved it.
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee), Greenville, MSMarch 14, 2014
I started off part time as a janitor.
I ended up as a full time stocker. I loved my first job.
overall great environment with great benifits and pay
Order Selector/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: benifits and pay
Cons: expected more then the average person can handle
grab the pallet jack and start picking orders. learned how to do work quickly while being safe. management was always willing to work with ya. co-workers were always helpful. hardest part was not having enough relaxing time but the pay and benefits were worth it. but they relocated to far away
Fabulous place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: positive feedback from managers
Wonderful manager and co-workers. Looked forward to going to work every day.

Felt bad when they closed the distribution center.
Best job ever
Merchandising & Execution Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Eden PrairieMarch 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: layoff's
A typical day would be solving store issues.
Became a Certified JDA floorplanner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday I felt I was an asset by my accomplishments that day.
This place if good money is an issue
Warehousemen (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no life
if you don't care about your health and you just want money this is the place to be.
Productive and work hard on UPS, FED-EX, and USPS sorting, and postage meters.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: enjoying work with employees and customers.
Very good, enjoying to work daily there. Get the job done on time.
personal
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work-out facility
Cons: warehouse closed
Good benefits, liked co-workers, very physical job, shifts went by extremely fast
Great environment to be in
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Belzoni, MSFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day is bagging alot of groceries, going outside and getting alot of basket, followed by stocking proucts. The hardest part was literally standing!
Do Not Work Here
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Supervalu SERF-Advantage Logistics SERFFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: horrible management, long hours, miserable work environment.
Absolutely incompetent management who are rude and threaten your job at every turn. The management team needs to learn to respect their employees. Most of the supervisors are clueless as to what they are suppose to do and have a select few favorite employees that are allowed to do whatever they want. The rest of us are forced to work long hours, work – more... on our off days, and work in different depts. everyday. Pay is ok but for the hours and what is expected it is not worth it. This is just for the Advantage Logistics SERF facility. – less
Good people
deli clerk (Former Employee), paducah kyFebruary 17, 2014
I would assist customers and get them there fresh meats or cheese. I learned good customer service. The managers were nice and easy to work with. I liked my co-workers and worked well with them. The hardest part was closing at night time. I loved learning new things in the kitchen at this job.
Professional environment with good coworkers and flexible hours
Checker (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: insurance, occasional free meals (for holidays), great team
Cons: short inconsistant breaks, not enough hours, very little recognition for hard work
This was a great job to go to after working in a small business. I got a better feel of a professional environment. I handled more money which made me a lot more comfortable with handling it day to day. The hours are quite flexible and make it easy to still work around school or another job. My coworkers are great and made me feel very welcome from – more... day one.
The hardest part of the job would have to be long amounts of downtime or long amounts of uptime. They're both manageable, just not ideal. – less
IT Support desk
IT Specialist I (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fairly decent pay
Cons: no benefits
A typical work day consisted of receiving calls from retail store users or corporate users. Users would call in with issues ranging from problems with registers not working to PCs not running properly.
This position taught me many things and also got me more proficient at other skills I had already learned. I learned how to dial into PCs and registers – more... and various handheld devices using various remote applications. I worked with some very knowledgeable and helpful people. The work environment was pleasant and non threatening. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of positive feedback from management and very little room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with various people all over the country and helping them with their problems. – less
Great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 10, 2014
Provided subject matter expertise and leadership on retail inventory management for a $23 billion retail food company.
Productive, fast-paced, and enjoyable place to work.
Scan Coordinator, Clerk (Current Employee), La Grange Park, ILFebruary 3, 2014
This company is very diverse, up-to-date technology advances, and productive. The staff is pleasant and very hardworking.

About SUPERVALU INC.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the┬ápurchase of more than – Read more