SUPERVALU Inc. Employee Reviews

Stable job
Pharmacy Manager/Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee), Pilesgrove, NJJanuary 2, 2015
Pros: pays well
Cons: no breaks
A typical day at work involves receiving prescriptions from patients, typing them, filling them, checking them, and dispensing them. Vaccinating patients is also a part of the day. I've learned how to be efficient during busy times, as well as manage my time. The hardest part about the job is having a large work load with very little help and having no break through the course of a 12 hour day. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work with some of the nicest people.
Great employees
Produce-Stock (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 25, 2014
Pros: near a lot of places for lunch.
Cons: very repetitive.
Management worked great when selecting hours. Will work with your schedule if you have a second job or school. Overall a great place to work if just starting out in the work force. If older, starting pay won't really cut it.
Corporate Employee
Project Coordinator (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNDecember 23, 2014
Pros: can work from hom
Cons: lack of professional development
Great work from home culture
laid back culture
Upper management has the company moving in the right direction. fun people to work with.
Picking/Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNDecember 23, 2014
Main focus of operations is working as a team, focused on problem solving and completing orders efficiently and accurately.
Fisical demand and concentration needed
order selector (Former Employee), Denver, PADecember 20, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: fisical demand
At the beginning was hard but later i got used to it.some times i needed help and other i help my co worker for instance helpinp them fixing stacking the pallet the right way.
An excellent socially interactive position.
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 17, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule. customer interaction.
Cons: repetition of some tasks.
The best part of the job was the variety of tasks I performed, and customer interaction. The hardest part was dealing with some repetition. It was good to see management get involved at my level at times. Co-workers enjoyed communicating with each other while being productive. There was no typical day for me. I worked many different departments and different jobs in each.
Enjoyed originial position
Office Clerk II. General (Former Employee), Boise, IdDecember 10, 2014
I enjoyed the position I was hired for but then they transferred me to a different department because my position moved to Eden Prairie Mn.
always busy never a slow day
Trailer picker loader (Former Employee), Green Bay, WIDecember 3, 2014
Your were lucky if the shift was light most days it was always busy and alot to do you started your shift at 8 am and didnt get done til 6 or even 7 at night. You only left once the work for that day was done.
You were evaluated on how fast and constant you were if you did not meet their requirements you were let go.
Didnt now when u where going to work.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee), Milton, WVDecember 2, 2014
It wasn't a very good place to work they didn't treat u very good . U was considered a part time worker but worked 6 days a week without insurance.
A Average Day
FORKLIFT DRIVER/OPERATOR (Former Employee), Indianola, MSNovember 13, 2014
On a usual day we come in grab our equipment. When we get the okay to start everyone starts with no problem. Everyone is always in a good mood in joking with each other to make it a great place to work. The hardest part is being new and witnessing everyone fly by you on every assignment.
Co-workers are awesome, department in transition, uncertain future
Something related to the retail part of Supervalu. (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 9, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: everyone knows they're on a sinking ship but no one wants to talk about it.
"We wanted the business as our wholesale customer,"

"I have no desire to be a big retailer—none,"

Two quotes announced by the current CEO at the 2014 annual shareholder meeting. If your planning on being a part of a team within retail and only care about money then this is job for you.
Ok place to work
Certified Forklift Operator (Current Employee), Quincy, FLNovember 9, 2014
Ok place to work. It has it's moments but could be better for the employees.
great learning experience
BUYER (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNOctober 30, 2014
a lot of information given to you and able to learn really quickly about how to manage your desk.
nice place and was happy there
Lead Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Milton, WVOctober 27, 2014
Pros: good ppl to work with
Cons: insurance sucked
I like working there but Milton Wv center closed down and consolidated with Pittsburgh
Great place to wor
IT Technician I (Former Employee), Boise, IDOctober 22, 2014
Pros: friendly workplace
I have learned a lot with Supervalu and Albertsons. I have started from the bottom of their It and worked my way up. Went from taking calls to ordering lifecycle equipment. Supporting software deployments and Citrix Access.
Not a good workplace
Project Manager - Retail Technology (Former Employee), Stillwater, MNOctober 22, 2014
Not a good environment to work in. newcomers to the department were treated like out casts.
HIgh volume 24 hour business
Boss (Current Employee), Mechanicsville, VAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: we can surely discuss this
While there I have become certified in related fields. I have learned the inner workings of a food warehouse. The hardest part is working day and night shifts in the same week. The most enjoyable, that's a hard one.
Pleasant enviornment
Temporary Warehouse Logistics Manager (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAOctober 9, 2014
At work I would work with a team of others servers and chefs to serve the elderly in their lunch and dinner meals. The atmosphere was pleasant with friendly staff. The hardest part of my job was to keep the serving within certain time limits which was challenged by the elderly.
Great enviornment and people
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 7, 2014
I really enjoy what I'm doing and the people I work with are wonderful.
I've learned a whole new skill set and can now apply for positions in Payroll Deparetments.
This is a temporary position and I need a full time permanent position.
Very fit and healthy job
Warehouse (Former Employee), New Stanton, PAOctober 5, 2014
Very kind and great environment. Everyone was so willing to provide their help. Job keeps you very healthy and fit with a massage therapist on site which is great. Very supportive team at Supervalu