SUPERVALU INC.

SUPERVALU INC. Employer Reviews

Do Not Work Here
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Supervalu SERF-Advantage Logistics SERFFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: horrible management, long hours, miserable work environment.
Absolutely incompetent management who are rude and threaten your job at every turn. The management team needs to learn to respect their employees. Most of the supervisors are clueless as to what they are suppose to do and have a select few favorite employees that are allowed to do whatever they want. The rest of us are forced to work long hours, work – more... on our off days, and work in different depts. everyday. Pay is ok but for the hours and what is expected it is not worth it. This is just for the Advantage Logistics SERF facility. – less
Good people
deli clerk (Former Employee), paducah kyFebruary 17, 2014
I would assist customers and get them there fresh meats or cheese. I learned good customer service. The managers were nice and easy to work with. I liked my co-workers and worked well with them. The hardest part was closing at night time. I loved learning new things in the kitchen at this job.
Professional environment with good coworkers and flexible hours
Checker (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: insurance, occasional free meals (for holidays), great team
Cons: short inconsistant breaks, not enough hours, very little recognition for hard work
This was a great job to go to after working in a small business. I got a better feel of a professional environment. I handled more money which made me a lot more comfortable with handling it day to day. The hours are quite flexible and make it easy to still work around school or another job. My coworkers are great and made me feel very welcome from – more... day one.
The hardest part of the job would have to be long amounts of downtime or long amounts of uptime. They're both manageable, just not ideal. – less
IT Support desk
IT Specialist I (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fairly decent pay
Cons: no benefits
A typical work day consisted of receiving calls from retail store users or corporate users. Users would call in with issues ranging from problems with registers not working to PCs not running properly.
This position taught me many things and also got me more proficient at other skills I had already learned. I learned how to dial into PCs and registers – more... and various handheld devices using various remote applications. I worked with some very knowledgeable and helpful people. The work environment was pleasant and non threatening. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of positive feedback from management and very little room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with various people all over the country and helping them with their problems. – less
Great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 10, 2014
Provided subject matter expertise and leadership on retail inventory management for a $23 billion retail food company.
Productive, fast-paced, and enjoyable place to work.
Scan Coordinator, Clerk (Current Employee), La Grange Park, ILFebruary 3, 2014
This company is very diverse, up-to-date technology advances, and productive. The staff is pleasant and very hardworking.
Loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: distance to drive
everyday was different as I was in a unique program that allowed me the opportunity to work with all departments.
Fun workplace and easy schedule
Customer Service (Former Employee), Winona, MSJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: healthcare
Learned how to be very hospitable to customers. The management were great. Co-workers were easy to get along with.
Good Company
Equity Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 28, 2014
It is a good company to work for.
Plenty of opportunities!
It is a good company to work for.
Plenty of opportunities!
Productive work environment
LCS (Former Employee), Indianola, MSJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: healthcare, dental and eye insurance
Cons: short breaks, early mornings
A typical day at Super Valu was counting groceries and making sure all counts were good. I learned a lot about inventory control. Management did not think that women should be in management so it was hard for a woman to advance. My co-workers and I worked good together even when I worked as the Lead-Person it was easy to get help from them to get the – more... job did. The most enjoyable part was the fact that I knew my job as well as the lead persons and the Supervisor so when ever they were out I filled in . – less
QA ETL/BO tester
ETL tester (Former Employee), Mineapollis, MNJanuary 27, 2014
I have 6+ years of experience as QA ETL/BO/Web tester. I have excellent skills in SQL and Web 3tier architecture as well. Ready for relocation to anywhere in US.
Good place to Work
Manager (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no 401k match
Supervalu provides a good work life balance and a flexible work schedule. While the company is struggling right now it seems the new management team is looking for new ideas from their employees and values them.
poor management
Order selecter/Forklift operator (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: fam
need ppl in place to make the rite decisions because alot of ppl they have in place dont always make the rite choices for the good for the company.
Overall an enjoyable workplace.
SENIOR AUDIT/BANK CLERK (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: the variety of ways to work your 40 hours within the 6:30 to 5:30 time frame.
Cons: healthcare
Management worked hard to ensure a productive and enjoyable work environment. Co-workers were generally a good group of people willing to work with and assist each other. I learned all of Oracle programming that I know through the training offered. The changes with the merger from Albertsons to Supervalu weren't all positive but everyone did their best.
Good Department; Struggling Company
HR (Former Employee), IdahoJanuary 15, 2014
The department I worked in was a good department--I had a manager who was flexible, allowing me flexibility to work around appointments I needed to. My manager trusted me, and allowed me the freedom to do my job and do it well.

The company has changed direction many times over the last few years--downsizing, then bulking up, then selling portions--it – more... is unpredictable. – less
Company that is turning around
Tech Analyst III (Current Employee), Boise IdahoJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: flexible office attendance
Cons: no lunch
Typical day is filled with problems that I need to assist in solving.
The Technical services group is in transition.
Under new management.
Co-workers are frustrated.
Hardest part is doing other people's jobs.
Most enjoyable is the knowledge that I make a difference.
Great teamwork based effort with humorous and comfortable environment
Grocery department at Shaw's (Former Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: i could cash my check there when the store opened up.
Cons: one half-hour break instead of two fifteen minuite breaks.
A typical day at work would start off around 11pm. Another co-worker and I would block (line up perfect) the shelves from the first isle to the last one, isle 18. We would usually finish around halftime around 3am and go eat on our break. When we came back, the load from the truck was just about all broken down. We would then take either a pallet or – more... dolley to go work it (stock the shelves), using my boxcutter to rip up all the empty boxes and seperating the plastics. And at the end of the day around 7 to 8 oclock we would clean up and recycle everything just in time for the customers when the store is opening again. The hardest part was probably working the freezer because there's ice everywhere. The managers were tough on me but it taught me that getting the job done was most important and put in just as much work as I did. My co-workers made the night fun but knew when to work and laugh. My favorite part of the job was listening to old classics all night and everybody memorized the chorus' singing while working. – less
Warehouse Clerk
Warehouse Billing/Vocollect Clerk (Former Employee), Xenia, OHJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: friendly, open atmosphere
Cons: very long hours
On a typical day, I would arrive earlier than most, go through the process of my job duties, and end up leaving after everyone else had left for the day.

There were days when I was doing the job of two clerks either because someone had called off or someone was on vacation. I had no trouble doing this and found it quite exhilarating.

I really liked – more... most of my co-workers and got along with most of them rather well.

The management was amazing.

This job, like previous ones, allowed me to grow in experience and develop the position into one with more responsibility than when I started. – less
Great place to work.
Warehouse Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Boise IdahoDecember 28, 2013
Pros: great benifits
Cons: short breaks, small pay raises
Undersanding and caring management. Friendly co workers.
Productive and ok environment
Dispatcher (Former Employee), Richmond, VADecember 19, 2013
Pros: working with the drivers and dispatchers
The job was a great place to work but the open door policy was not a helpful option. The manager was rude and disrespectful to all the co workers and no one in human resource did not do anything to help or fix the problem. The employees were great people to work with everyone showed care consideration and respect.

About SUPERVALU INC.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the┬ápurchase of more than – Read more