SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Great Benefits
Senior Category Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 10, 2016
Company has weathered several changes and will continue to have an uphill battle in the competitive marketplace. Several departments need new management.
Horrible place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Denver, PANovember 28, 2015
Supervalu has effectively suppressed their skilled trade below poverty with their "health benefits" with a basic ppo at $14,000.00 out of packet max a year. A 1% to 1% match on 401k up to 1% and .5% there after to 4% they feel like they own their employees by holding you job against you all the time, forcing you in on your weekends and make you do things just because they said to. Supervision has a very poor mentality as to how people should be treated. Everything is a double standard and you can be congratulated one day for something you do and the next written up. The dont positivly re-enforce their crew and human resources permotes "moving on" they permote fmla and things of that nature. Overall this company does not care about their employees they take care of their own supervision but not their employees.
Cons
Healthcare, being treated like children, supervision, ethics, standards
IT Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDFebruary 24, 2016
Multiple leadership changes at many levels creates instability and lack of growth for associates. It is hard to stay focused on goals and objectives when there is this much upheaval in the company.
Good work place
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNDecember 25, 2015
Good management team and a good working environment for the people that work there. A typical day at work were my every day job it was a the hardest job I have every done. My co-worker and I always discourse the hardness of our day to day job in the work place.
Productive and fun place to work
UI/WEB Developer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 25, 2016
Very productive and fun place to work with SUPERVALU Inc and i have gained a lot of experience from my colleagues. Colleagues are very helpful and easy going.
Community Spirit
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Castleblayney, MNOctober 16, 2015
Centra is a local convenience store in a small town which deals with a majority of the same faces day in day out. Customers like the familiar greeting and the comforting feeling of a friendly face behind the till each day. Satisfying customers' needs is high on the agenda at Centra and you work to achieve that successfully everyday, including gaining customer feedback to aid in improvement.
Having a strong and loyal relationship with your co-workers is essential in this position as you are a small team, and building close networks is something I enjoy.
Good
Store Clerk (Former Employee) –  Drew, MSApril 23, 2016
They did a good job. They helped us to attain the best job environment possible. They did very well. I really liked it there.
Outsourced a lot of jobs to India
Third Party (Former Employee) –  Franklin Park, ILNovember 13, 2015
the time I worked for the company almost 10 years, I had a great
manager until she got laid off. Company down sized through the years, sending a lot of our jobs to India.
I did learn a lot about pharmacy and accounting and medicare.
Pros
grocery/pharmacy chain
Cons
jobs got outsourced to India
Fast paced environment
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 29, 2015
A typical day as an order selector was in a fast paced environment. The orders are picked using the sku on the product and is told to you through a headset. The headset tells you where to go in the warehouse to pick the items ordered by the grocery store.
opportunity
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 5, 2016
It was a great place to work because i was able to work in the field i had enjoyed at the time. Also they had great equipment provided in the work place so we could work to the best of our ability.

Want to know more about SuperValu Inc.?

Ask a question
Excellent Benefits
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VANovember 19, 2015
Supervalu offers good pay as well as excellent benefits. They offer tuition reimbursement and even aid in child adoption. Managers and supervisors are usually fair and knowledgeable.
Benefits
Cons
Difficult to advance
Productive Workplace, Exciting Environment. Everyday Was A Learning Experience
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
Great Atmosphere, Always On Your Toes, Always Something To Do. Supportive Management, Always Listened To Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions. Colleagues Were Always Supportive, Helpful. Working At Jewel-Osco Was A Great Experience, A Great Job
Pros
Always Something To Do, Wasnt Bored Or Ever Looking For Something To Do, Always Kept On Your Toes
Cons
N/A
Stayed busy time flied by
Puller/Packer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 20, 2015
Was a honor to be part of the company. they truly understood the concept of taking care of their employees. also there were cook outs for us during the months we had no accidents & when we met requirements.
Pros
Free lunch, company gatherings
Cons
no cons at all
fun place to work
Enterprise Data Management Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 23, 2015
Supervalu was fun place to work, flexible hours, good benefits and manager were easy to work with. they also had café on site.
Management was extremely friendly, Coworkers were very respectful, and company was flexible with my schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILAugust 6, 2015
Overall I enjoyed working at SuperValu. There was never a time where I felt as if I wasn't being treated well as an employee and a friend. The attitude at SuperValu was that we were apart of a grocery store family. When I left because of wanting to become a stay at home mother no one blinked twice and were very supportive.
Was an ever changing experience
EDM Specialis III (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoAugust 31, 2015
I worked for them during a buy out of a different company so there were many organizational changes. was difficult at times to know if you would have a job from one week to the next. That would add some stress to the job. But The JOB I preformed .. I LOVED!!
Pros
Great Group
Cons
Ever changing management
Prison style work environment with ok pay and full benefits
Forklift Trainer/Operater (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 14, 2015
The company its self is a great company to work for. Upper-management is a joke but lower end management is fairly good. The only bad thing that goes on is that there is absolutely no room for growth.
Pros
Good pay and Great benefits
Cons
This company is ok if you are good with just being ok.
its a fast pace working environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manila, P00October 8, 2015
its a fast pace working environment, you get to mentored by the supervisors. co-workers were fun to worked and a lot of bondings when you were off work
Pros
division of tips, cashiers allowance
Cons
contractual job only
Very Productive
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Indianola, MSJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work coming in on night shift, and no one knows what time you will get off. Shift clocks in at 2 p.m. , beginning with the order selectors , then comes my job as a fork operator to assist them when needed. Too make sure all priorities are done on time or in a timely manner. Supervalu management team could do better at getting everyone input on some situations. My co workers is hardworking and some are dedicated to the their job. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep all priorities up so it want get behind. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work around friends and working hard to get promoted at what I do.
Pros
night shift
Cons
very short breaks
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VANovember 19, 2015
This company is a vary fast pace production job with plenty of opportunity to grow. A industry where you absolutely learn something new every day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperValu Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.