SUPERVALU INC.

SUPERVALU INC. Employer Reviews

A place to work, management could use updating
Department Specialist (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 4, 2013
Cons: short lunches, expensive healthcare, no incentives.
No very challenging, data entry. Coworkers are a nice group to work with. I have learned the type of manager I do not want to become.
Dying bird!!!
Supervisor (Former Employee), Denver, PADecember 3, 2013
Pros: good christmas dinner
Cons: a lot
This company keeps taking from its associates instead of giving.
If you are not in the CLIQUE you don't go anywhere. Employees are not valued.
Clean working environment but hostilee at the same time
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), aurora, coNovember 23, 2013
Pros: pay, company paid breakfast and lunch occasionaly
Cons: micromanaging, favoritism
Typically you walk in to work and its quiet it gets more hectic and stressful throughout the day. There was a lot of seniority there so there was some minor favoritism. They pay was good but the company was struggling so at the time there was no opportunity for raises or bonus.
Senior Technical Analyst (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 21, 2013
Pros: great work space, and people
Cons: no matching 401k
Supervalu is a 30 Billion dollar grocery retail and logistics company that offers great challenges and people that are fun to work with. At typical day at work is fast-paced and busy. Management listens when spoken to and addresses issues as they arise. The hardest part of working for Supervalu is the location in Minnesota. The weather can be brutal – more... in winter. The most enjoyable part of working at Supervalu is the people. – less
Worked individually in timely manner to get product ready for delivery
Order Selector & Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Xenia, OHNovember 20, 2013
Worked by myself gathering the product to be shipped off to grocery store and sold to the consumer. Had to work at a fast pace and obtain a 95% completion rate on a weekly basis.
fun family place
trainer team lead (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WINovember 19, 2013
Pros: benifits
Cons: long hours
we would receive orders organize and pick them and keep warehouse
and dock clean
Department specialist III day
Department Specialist III -Vendor fund dept (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNNovember 18, 2013
Pros: the co-workers are great.
Cons: at this time no match on the retirement funds.
I spent the day adding billbacks (accruals for Vendor rebates) to the stores and then when we receive the check I true up the actual income to the accruals per store. I also prepare the account reconciliation for 13 account recons.
Great CO-Workers , very enjoyable job.
Department Specialist - Pharmacy Procurement (Current Employee), Phoenix, ArizonaNovember 13, 2013
Pros: fundraisers, company pot lucks
Cons: pharmacy procurement is relocating to another state.
I have worked for Albertsons LLC/Supervalu Inc. for 14 years and enjoyed working with stores and pharmacist. in 14 years I learned a great deal, from audits, to verifing contracts from manufatures, discrepancies from manufacturers to problem solving in multiple systems to training other persons in my department on the multiple systems.
My co-workers – more... are like family when ever they needed my help I would do my best to try and solve any issues they would have. – less
Super Valu
order filler (Current Employee), hazelwoodNovember 11, 2013
Pros: 16.70 starting pay
Cons: everything else
they pay you good but don't look to advance to full time or to get a permanent schedule.
Customer Service was valued
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Hampton, VANovember 9, 2013
Pros: easy place to work
Cons: weird hours, low wages
Farm Fresh was an okay place to work. It taught me the value of customer service, and how imperative it is to retail market.
Great job for non educated personal
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Fargo, NDNovember 8, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: irregular hrs
Great pay. Good benefits. Good vacation and sick time. order selectors have to pull and maintain a high piece per hr.
Challenging environment where you can see results in profitability and sales
Director Area Operations (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 6, 2013
Allows for team building and collaboration to grow profits and sales.
Warehouse/Order Selector
Order Selector (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 4, 2013
Pros: good part-time work while going to school
Cons: not steady due to customer relationships
SuperValu was a good place to work. There were good managers and fellow employees alike. The managers and employees had a good work relationship.
Do more with less
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), Denver, PAOctober 30, 2013
Pros: the have a cafateria
Cons: most people have little or no time to use it
For all members of management the workload continues to grow while pay has remained stagnant with minimal or no pay increase for the past 5-6 years. Benefits have also diminished with the 401K match being completely eliminated. If business would improve this is could be a good, long term, employer. In the current environment recommend anyone with the – more... ability to go elsewhere to do so. – less
Good employer tough work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIOctober 30, 2013
Pros: very busy work days went fast.
Cons: knew for the last year plus my job was ending.
All warehouse employees were on production jobs. Punched in, 10 min at work until you went home length of time varied everyday, you never knew ahead of time how long,Front line supervisors worked 55-60 hrs per week were in charge of any where from 25 to 50 employees .I preformed all warehouse functions on many different shifts .Hardest job was order – more... selection, enjoyed receiving functions more than others, always enjoyed forklift driving. – less
Work Review
Accountant/Merchandise/Procurement (Former Employee), Chanhassen, MNOctober 21, 2013
The Grocer, Frozen and Dairy (Wholesale) was a fun group to work with. They were very open to streamlining the process along with greater reporting made for a great month or quarter close.
Supervalu was flexible with work schedules
Business Support Manager - Corporate (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: size/scale
Cons: too many layers made it difficult to change results
Overall I would say the company outgrew itself when I was there
Albertsons is the best place to shop
Human Resources Corporate Store Support Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 23, 2013
Great company. They treat their employees very well. It was a pleasure working for such a great company.
I enjoyed working at Supervalu
MILITARY DEPARTMENT SPECIALIST 1 (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: too much restructuring and lay offs
It was very busy, my co-workers were awesome, the hardest part was keeping up with all of the paperwork but with organization and assistance it was doable. I had planned on being there until I was able to retire however Corporate laid off my department and relocated the work load to Atlanta, GA.
Management is very flexible
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: the diversity of my day.
Cons: lack of benefits and growth
I have been with Supervalu for 14 years and have held 4 different positions and have gained a broad knowledge of a wholesale Grocery Distribution Company.

About SUPERVALU INC.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the┬ápurchase of more than – Read more