SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Less than average work environment
Transportation Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INOctober 2, 2015
The company was closed minded and behind the times. Most of the employees had been their for over 30 years so they were not accepting of new hires.
Pros
Good wage
Cons
Unfriendly environment
Decent temporary job
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Narrows, VASeptember 22, 2015
This was just a temporary job for me. I didn't make a lot of money to live on. I enjoyed working alone at this job. The duties and goals were easy to meet.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not a lot of money
not a bad place to work.
Deli Associate (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VASeptember 19, 2015
the deli manager is pretty cool and very respectable, as long as you do your job she's very good and just. my co-workers and i get along very well.
Pros
the work hours
Cons
hard to get a weekend off unless you request.
Great team members, work was difficult but rewarding
Data Integrity (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDSeptember 18, 2015
The team members were great and management was encourging and energitic. Was sad to have work out sourced. Was enjoyable to come to work every day.
Hard working environment
Order Selector (Current Employee) –  Denver, PASeptember 16, 2015
A hard working environment, where everyone knows exactly what to do and how to do it. Everybody is motivated and meet the requirements provided at the job site.
Pros
Great compensation
Cons
Poor schedule for someone who has a family
Family environment
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greenwood, MSSeptember 9, 2015
Working with this company felt like home and every one was kind and thoughtful. I wasn't making enough money so I had to find a job that paid more.
Pros
Family enviroment
Cons
Low pay
Was an ever changing experience
EDM Specialis III (Former Employee) –  Boise, IdahoAugust 31, 2015
I worked for them during a buy out of a different company so there were many organizational changes. was difficult at times to know if you would have a job from one week to the next. That would add some stress to the job. But The JOB I preformed .. I LOVED!!
Pros
Great Group
Cons
Ever changing management
Productive Workplace, Exciting Environment. Everyday Was A Learning Experience
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 28, 2015
Great Atmosphere, Always On Your Toes, Always Something To Do. Supportive Management, Always Listened To Thoughts, Ideas, Opinions. Colleagues Were Always Supportive, Helpful. Working At Jewel-Osco Was A Great Experience, A Great Job
Pros
Always Something To Do, Wasnt Bored Or Ever Looking For Something To Do, Always Kept On Your Toes
Cons
N/A
Prison style work environment with ok pay and full benefits
Forklift Trainer/Operater (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAAugust 14, 2015
The company its self is a great company to work for. Upper-management is a joke but lower end management is fairly good. The only bad thing that goes on is that there is absolutely no room for growth.
Pros
Good pay and Great benefits
Cons
This company is ok if you are good with just being ok.
Great workplace
Admin Asst (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 10, 2015
I would've continued employment, however I was laid off due to lack of work. Great job, great pay and great benefits as well.
Going in there with the right mindset
Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Urbana, ILAugust 8, 2015
going to work with the right mindset and just getting the job done simple as that not brining in your personal problems into the work force.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the people
Management was extremely friendly, Coworkers were very respectful, and company was flexible with my schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILAugust 6, 2015
Overall I enjoyed working at SuperValu. There was never a time where I felt as if I wasn't being treated well as an employee and a friend. The attitude at SuperValu was that we were apart of a grocery store family. When I left because of wanting to become a stay at home mother no one blinked twice and were very supportive.
Good people
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNAugust 2, 2015
Good schedule, good experience. There were many people you you could learn from, all the way from first starters to experienced ones.
Not forward thinking
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 30, 2015
SuperValu management does not think about anything past the end of the month. Everything is a fire drill and management will not take ownership of a project through completion. All positions are up to be outsourced and employee retention is low.
Cons
Outsourcing.
Great company to work for
warehouse (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 29, 2015
I started this job right out of high school. The people I worked with help me learn how to work as team and as a individual without someone looking over my shoulder. I was taught how to do most of the jobs in a produce warehouse from picking orders to helping customers with there needs and selection of product.
Pros
Member of team
Cons
N/A
Banking Specialist 1
Banking Department Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AzJuly 23, 2015
Processed stop payments, voids and reissues on employee checks, processed daily and weekly positive pay reports and did basic clerical duties including filing, copying and faxing.
Accounting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 21, 2015
Great employees, great organization!
High standards displayed in all aspects of the business.
Employees are well respected and valued.
productive and good work experience
Assistant Scan Cooridinator and Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hazlehurst, MSJuly 15, 2015
A typical day would be checking in vendors, waiting on customers and helping out with whatever that needs to be done. The coworkers are very helpful to the customers and the other employees.
Very Productive
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Indianola, MSJuly 13, 2015
A typical day at work coming in on night shift, and no one knows what time you will get off. Shift clocks in at 2 p.m. , beginning with the order selectors , then comes my job as a fork operator to assist them when needed. Too make sure all priorities are done on time or in a timely manner. Supervalu management team could do better at getting everyone input on some situations. My co workers is hardworking and some are dedicated to the their job. The hardest part of the job is trying to keep all priorities up so it want get behind. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to work around friends and working hard to get promoted at what I do.
Pros
night shift
Cons
very short breaks
Productive and fun place to work
Technology Intern (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNJuly 12, 2015
As an intern it gave a great experience with Supervalu. The employees are freindly and you dont have to wait in the line for a while to get approved your documents. It has nice cafeteria and lake view which is awesome.