SuperValu Inc. Employee Reviews

prodcutive and very efficient way of working
Senior Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNApril 13, 2017
Great coworkers and amazing mentors. Enjoyed thoroughly working for SuperValu. The most enjoyable part of the job was setting up a new product, the one stop dated order solution.
a great company to work for
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 11, 2017
data entry/pricing dept
pricing specifications for grocery business
great managers
team building
very large company/unable to interact with entire staff
great people to work with
Pros
job security/great team members
Cons
large staff
Productive and Physically demanding
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNApril 10, 2017
I basically picked orders the entirety of my shift and there was a set time you had to reach with each order. I enjoyed the work out because I don't mind working. It definitely challenged you to push yourself and with time I definitely improved. Management was considerate of your situation as far as in how fast you learned and they allowed room for mistakes and would go as far as giving you another chance to go through more training if you weren't experienced in a particular area.
Pros
Good workout, weekly pay
Cons
Expendable, inconsistent hours, unstable job security
Company is going downhill
Retail Technology Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Stanton, PAApril 9, 2017
Used to be a good place to work, but the company is failing. Stock price has plummeted in recent years as the company continues to sell off assets to try to stay afloat. Most of the new management team is all from Target and they don't understand how independent business works. IT department has been stripped of good people and jobs sent overseas.
Pros
Food
Cons
No advancement opportunities due to constant downsizing.
Relaxed Atmoshphere
Human Resources Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAApril 7, 2017
While the environment is very casual, the work pace is anything but. "Other duties as assigned" due to coworkers not pulling their weight gets to be overwhelming. "Worker bees" are underappreciated, and those that perform tasks at a minimum level are allowed to continue.
Pros
Casual environment
Cons
Having to pull the weight of others
Understaffed and average compensation
Safety Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hopkins, MNApril 5, 2017
Distribution Center has very difficult union environment to work in. Management team works very hard to cope with very difficult situation. Profit margin is normally low for supply chain so budgets are very tight and it is hard to implement programs to promote improvements.
Pros
Office staff is very friendly to work with
Cons
Union environment creates hostility and anomosity
Bakery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Blaine, MNApril 5, 2017
don't work here. everyone is stupid and treats you like an idiot. they don't tell you everything you need to know about the job, then get mad when you don't do the things that they didn't tell you that you needed to do.
Great place to work.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Oregon, ILApril 4, 2017
All of my coworkers and bosses at Supervalu were great people, all nice people. The job was pretty easy, yet you could still keep busy. It was nice helping people.
Pros
Excellent coworkers and management.
Cons
Full time is harder to come by, but not impossible.
Good
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIApril 4, 2017
Good work environment good ppl to work with fast paste work lots of standing good enployees an staff members always there to help you if you need it !
I enjoyed working with this company. My co-workers always made it fun.
Receiving Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNApril 2, 2017
It was one of the best jobs I had. Everyone there made it fun to work there. Being there was never a dull moment l. You were always working on something.
Busy energetic workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 2, 2017
Working for Cub foods you have to have patience and ability to stand and do repetitive work for long hours. This was my first job and at 16 10$ per hour was great!
Benefits
Cons
Weekends
More with less
Buyer 2 - The Fresh Market account (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsville, VAMarch 31, 2017
Not a good place to work. There is no work life balance, you are always expected to do more with less, constantly jumping through hoops, poor management...
Great place to expand
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 30, 2017
I loved working at Cub, but I only left because Target ws closer to home. Although if I havent left i'll still be there. i'd recommend working there to anyone.
Horrible company
Fueler/Washer (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsville vaMarch 30, 2017
This company is horrible. They pretend to care about their employees but talk about you behind your back. They are not fair with overtime, they have high insurance and don't care if you get sick or have issues. Point system gives them more reason to fire you. Py was decent but didn't give me the proper raise I was told of.
Cons
Scheduled breaks
great guys to work with. Poor management
warehouse associate (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNMarch 28, 2017
Started as an order selector and quickly moved up. Union shop. The problem I always had was that management and the workers always seemed to butt heads
Pros
great hours. great benefits
Cons
poorly managed
The hard work kept all of us in really good shape
OERDER SELECTOR / FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAMarch 27, 2017
After picking the store orders we loaded the trucks to go out then we restocked the picking slots.I learned how to lift properly so as not to get hert.Managemant did a good job at keeping us on task.I loved to drive the forklifts and do that work.Picking oerders was so hard somtiems we had to help eachother to get done. But it felt good to help eachother get done on time.
Pros
Good wages and benifits
Cons
You could get hurt bad
Positive and Productive workplace
Grocery Clerk (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INMarch 26, 2017
This company is very involved with the community. Cares for the customers and employees alike and has a very strong family atmosphere. Management team is hard working and cooperative to customers and employees. Enjoyable experience with the company.
Great people to work with
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMarch 24, 2017
I have worked here all my adult life, 31 years. I have enjoyed my time here.

The most enjoyable part of working here has been the wonderful people that I have worked with.

I have always had great managers.

Supervalu has always kept up with the current trends and software.
I would still be there if Wetterau bought Supervalu and not the reverse.
ASSISTANT TRANSPORTATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  New Stanton, PAMarch 24, 2017
Never a dull moment dealing with Teamsters, customers and other departments made the day exciting. Constant effort on everyone's part to achieve objectives and move the company along to profitability.
Good for a second or first time job
Cashier/Bakery Assistant/Courtesy (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNMarch 23, 2017
Working at a grocery store can be good. I like the people I work with.If you like to work in a fast passed place to work this is the place to wok. The hardest part is dealing with general public.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at SuperValu Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.