SUPERVALU INC.

SUPERVALU INC. Employer Reviews

Albertsons is the best place to shop
Human Resources Corporate Store Support Specialist (Former Employee), Glendale, AZSeptember 23, 2013
Great company. They treat their employees very well. It was a pleasure working for such a great company.
I enjoyed working at Supervalu
MILITARY DEPARTMENT SPECIALIST 1 (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: too much restructuring and lay offs
It was very busy, my co-workers were awesome, the hardest part was keeping up with all of the paperwork but with organization and assistance it was doable. I had planned on being there until I was able to retire however Corporate laid off my department and relocated the work load to Atlanta, GA.
Management is very flexible
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 21, 2013
Pros: the diversity of my day.
Cons: lack of benefits and growth
I have been with Supervalu for 14 years and have held 4 different positions and have gained a broad knowledge of a wholesale Grocery Distribution Company.
The Best job Ever
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 16, 2013
Pros: everyday something different
Cons: bad orders
Always different order selecting day to day loading, shipping, Receiving,Forklift driving, sanitation.
I currently manage the finances, hiring and interview process, implement programs, build teams, and manage several departments of the store.
Service Supervisor Personnel Coordinator (Current Employee), Orange, CaliforniaSeptember 12, 2013
A typical day at work consists of team work, customer service, product knowledge, inventory, and the ability to multi-task.

I have learned how to stay on task, work with all types of personalities, build teams, and motive my associates.

My co-workers respond well to direction and we learn from eachother. We have built a strong and very effective team.

The – more... difficult tasks in my current position is to handle the interruptions that occur frequently and still have the ability to complete the daily job tasks.

I enjoy people, customers and associates. It is rewarding to help team members grow and help them to achieve there goals. – less
Productive and fun workplace
IT Technician (Former Employee), Boise, IDSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: breaks as needed
I came in early in the morning, got started on my daily tasks while working in a relaxed yet professional workplace with amazing co-workers.
District Manager
District Manager (Current Employee), Itasca, ILSeptember 12, 2013
Pros: challenging, people development, great company
Cons: work life balance, compensation -- no bonus
My typical day includes touring my stores to ensure compliance and drive profitable sales. Being in the stores is certainly my most enjoyable part of the job since I get to influence and develop my team to be successful in their jobs.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Drew, MSSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: one hour lunch for 8 hr shifts/ half-hr lunch break for 6 hr shifts
Cons: only short conversation with customers
Co-workers were really friendly. I loved all of my customers.
Far East & Alaska
Military Far East & Alaska Desk (Former Employee), Tacoma, WASeptember 8, 2013
I processed all the Far East and Alaska orders by pull number for the military department. Reviewed and forecast quantities for all promo packages and one time buy packages. Reviewed all Far East orders and booked the containers based on cube, weight and product. Transmitted by pull number to DeCA three weeks worth of orders for the Far East and transmitted – more... two weeks of orders for Alaska. Reviewed each pull before it released to identify any issues with product coming in late or being shorted. Answered any questions regarding port operation times or any problems with containers going to port. Improved our departments communication with the warehouse and drivers. – less
SUPERVALU, Inc. was a good company to work for until they sold the Distribution Center in May, 2013 creating 160 employee job loss.
HR Asst./Risk Control Assistant (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WISeptember 6, 2013
Pros: fitness center with personal trainer classes.
Cons: losing you job after 23 years.
A typical day at SV working in HR was always different and exciting.
I learned to be be flexible and developed excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
Management worked well with a Union enviroment and worked together as key members of each team.
Co-workers worked efficiently as an individual contributor, as well as with other departments – more... as a key member of a team.
The hardest part of the job was to see the business getting smaller and the fear of losing your job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the incentive's given for working in a safe work place such as; lunches, cookouts and awards. – less
Fast paced but friendly environment
Perishable Warehouse Office Clerk (Former Employee), Quincy, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: medical benefits and retirement was made available
Cons: no job security
I gained much knowledge from working with this fast pace warehouse food distribution center. I learned that their are many duties that must be completed proficiently and timely to assure the work was done to the highest standards,. I appreciated my immediate supervisors they were very knowledgeable and helpful to me. I very much liked my co workers – more... each I looked forward to seeing each day. The hardest part of my job was I worked constantly on computers for many hours only to juggle other tasks also. I enjoyed the feeling of great accomplishment when daily goals were met. – less
Warehousing
Order Selector (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNSeptember 2, 2013
Fast paced production standards involved. Order selecting must be able to be done without supervision in an orderly fashion.
Large company culture
Independent Contractor, Retail Advertising (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 29, 2013
Many contracted employees, compensated well, but not subject to performance review process for employees. Good advancement opportunities.
Error Corrector (Former Employee), Denver, PAAugust 29, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: the metal grating that we had to walk on
Working in the Grocery dept., T2 unit, was a good learning experience. The management in that dept. were easy to interact with, listened to what you had to say.
Not a fun place to work
forklift, receiver, stocker, repleneshment (Former Employee), Fort Wayne, INAugust 27, 2013
Good money and benefits, management was more concerned about climbing the corporate ladder and achieving there numbers at the cost of customer service or employees.
The people are great, the company is not
DIRECTOR II (Current Employee), Eden Prairie, MNAugust 21, 2013
Pros: workplace empowerment (i.e., flexible work environment)
Cons: no 401k, no raises, no bonuses, numerous leadership changes
The people working at Supervalu are fantastic. However, upper management at the c-level is in constant churn and the corporate direction is always changing... usually at the expense of the associates. No 401k match, no raises, no bonuses, and high-ranking executives still receive huge signing bonuses, stock options, and pay-to-stay checks.
Don't have a clear path
Distribution (Former Employee), HopkinsAugust 21, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: benefits are bad, benefits were taken away, no direction
Our goals and objectives are changing every day and no one seems to know what will be on our plate next
It's good working for Supervalu
BSA/ Sr. Microstrategy Developer (Former Employee), Minneapolis, MNAugust 20, 2013
Leaned MSTR Admin tasks. Its good to be part of the admin team to understand about the migration which happened from 8.0.1 to 9.2.
Go to work, go home
Technical Buyer (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNAugust 20, 2013
It is a place where you you go to work, when you are done with your day you go home and do it all over again the next day.
We all have to eat, I prefer to shop here.
Cashier (Former Employee), Alton, ILAugust 17, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, fabulous co-workers, small discount on groceries
An average shift at Shop N Save included customer service, using a cash drawer, and standing for 5-8 hrs.

About SUPERVALU INC.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the purchase of more than – Read more