SUPERVALU Inc.

SUPERVALU Inc. Employee Reviews

Fabulous place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIMarch 10, 2014
Pros: positive feedback from managers
Wonderful manager and co-workers. Looked forward to going to work every day.

Felt bad when they closed the distribution center.
Best job ever
Merchandising & Execution Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Eden PrairieMarch 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful co-workers
Cons: layoff's
A typical day would be solving store issues.
Became a Certified JDA floorplanner.
The most enjoyable part of the job was everyday I felt I was an asset by my accomplishments that day.
This place if good money is an issue
Warehousemen (Former Employee), Lancaster, PAFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: no life
if you don't care about your health and you just want money this is the place to be.
Productive and work hard on UPS, FED-EX, and USPS sorting, and postage meters.
Mailroom Clerk (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: enjoying work with employees and customers.
Very good, enjoying to work daily there. Get the job done on time.
personal
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Pleasant Prairie, WIFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: work-out facility
Cons: warehouse closed
Good benefits, liked co-workers, very physical job, shifts went by extremely fast
Great environment to be in
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Belzoni, MSFebruary 24, 2014
A typical day is bagging alot of groceries, going outside and getting alot of basket, followed by stocking proucts. The hardest part was literally standing!
Do Not Work Here
Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Supervalu SERF-Advantage Logistics SERFFebruary 18, 2014
Cons: horrible management, long hours, miserable work environment.
Absolutely incompetent management who are rude and threaten your job at every turn. The management team needs to learn to respect their employees. Most of the supervisors are clueless as to what they are suppose to do and have a select few favorite employees that are allowed to do whatever they want. The rest of us are forced to work long hours, work on our off days, and work in different depts. everyday. Pay is ok but for the hours and what is expected it is not worth it. This is just for the Advantage Logistics SERF facility.
Good people
deli clerk (Former Employee), paducah kyFebruary 17, 2014
I would assist customers and get them there fresh meats or cheese. I learned good customer service. The managers were nice and easy to work with. I liked my co-workers and worked well with them. The hardest part was closing at night time. I loved learning new things in the kitchen at this job.
Professional environment with good coworkers and flexible hours
Checker (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2014
Pros: insurance, occasional free meals (for holidays), great team
Cons: short inconsistant breaks, not enough hours, very little recognition for hard work
This was a great job to go to after working in a small business. I got a better feel of a professional environment. I handled more money which made me a lot more comfortable with handling it day to day. The hours are quite flexible and make it easy to still work around school or another job. My coworkers are great and made me feel very welcome from day one.
The hardest part of the job would have to be long amounts of downtime or long amounts of uptime. They're both manageable, just not ideal.
IT Support desk
IT Specialist I (Former Employee), Boise, IDFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: fairly decent pay
Cons: no benefits
A typical work day consisted of receiving calls from retail store users or corporate users. Users would call in with issues ranging from problems with registers not working to PCs not running properly.
This position taught me many things and also got me more proficient at other skills I had already learned. I learned how to dial into PCs and registers and various handheld devices using various remote applications. I worked with some very knowledgeable and helpful people. The work environment was pleasant and non threatening. The most difficult part of the job was the lack of positive feedback from management and very little room for advancement.
The most enjoyable part of the job was talking with various people all over the country and helping them with their problems.
Great place to work.
Consultant (Former Employee), MinnesotaFebruary 10, 2014
Provided subject matter expertise and leadership on retail inventory management for a $23 billion retail food company.
Productive, fast-paced, and enjoyable place to work.
Scan Coordinator, Clerk (Current Employee), La Grange Park, ILFebruary 3, 2014
This company is very diverse, up-to-date technology advances, and productive. The staff is pleasant and very hardworking.
Loved working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Hopkins, MNJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: distance to drive
everyday was different as I was in a unique program that allowed me the opportunity to work with all departments.
Fun workplace and easy schedule
Customer Service (Former Employee), Winona, MSJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: hour breaks
Cons: healthcare
Learned how to be very hospitable to customers. The management were great. Co-workers were easy to get along with.
Good Company
Equity Compensation Analyst (Former Employee), Eden Prairie, MNJanuary 28, 2014
It is a good company to work for.
Plenty of opportunities!
It is a good company to work for.
Plenty of opportunities!
Productive work environment
LCS (Former Employee), Indianola, MSJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: healthcare, dental and eye insurance
Cons: short breaks, early mornings
A typical day at Super Valu was counting groceries and making sure all counts were good. I learned a lot about inventory control. Management did not think that women should be in management so it was hard for a woman to advance. My co-workers and I worked good together even when I worked as the Lead-Person it was easy to get help from them to get the job did. The most enjoyable part was the fact that I knew my job as well as the lead persons and the Supervisor so when ever they were out I filled in .
QA ETL/BO tester
ETL tester (Former Employee), Mineapollis, MNJanuary 27, 2014
I have 6+ years of experience as QA ETL/BO/Web tester. I have excellent skills in SQL and Web 3tier architecture as well. Ready for relocation to anywhere in US.
Good place to Work
Manager (Current Employee), Hopkins, MNJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: no 401k match
Supervalu provides a good work life balance and a flexible work schedule. While the company is struggling right now it seems the new management team is looking for new ideas from their employees and values them.
poor management
Order selecter/Forklift operator (Current Employee), Champaign, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: fam
need ppl in place to make the rite decisions because alot of ppl they have in place dont always make the rite choices for the good for the company.
Overall an enjoyable workplace.
SENIOR AUDIT/BANK CLERK (Former Employee), Boise, IDJanuary 16, 2014
Pros: the variety of ways to work your 40 hours within the 6:30 to 5:30 time frame.
Cons: healthcare
Management worked hard to ensure a productive and enjoyable work environment. Co-workers were generally a good group of people willing to work with and assist each other. I learned all of Oracle programming that I know through the training offered. The changes with the merger from Albertsons to Supervalu weren't all positive but everyone did their best.

About SUPERVALU Inc.

After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the¬†purchase of more than – Read more

SUPERVALU Inc. Salaries