Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employer Reviews

fun place to work
Staffing manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day of work consisted of answering incoming calls from clients, at any time of day, requesting a employee to cover open shifts. Then making outgoing calls to staff to fill the open shifts. Also, monitoring hours worked for the staff.
Do Not Believe What They Say - Don't Waste Your Time
OT (Former Employee), Merriam KSJanuary 3, 2015
Former employee. Merriam KS Office people difficult to work with. Rarely gave me assignments and when they did, the information provided to me or to the facility was always inaccurate.
not impressed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2014
I honestly would not recommend this company. I have never met my recruiter and her team. Ive had nothing but issues when dealing with them.
Great Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, find assignments quick, checks to make sure you are ok
Cons: have to find own housing
I'm on my first assignment with this company. So far everything has been great. Love my recruiter. She checks to be sure I like where I'm at, and wants to know what's going on. The pay is great, and you get compensated weekly. So far, nothing negative to say about this company.
I would never work for this company again!
PTA, prn (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
Cons: read above description
All of the decent staff that worked in the Phoenix, Arizona office have left the company. There is no one you can trust. They send you to jobs that are canceled or don't exist. Very unprofessional. The pay scale has continued to drop and there are no benefits for prn employees. Horrible experience with travel and prn. They barely have any work available. Not worth applying.
great agency
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Corsicana, TXDecember 1, 2014
learned a lot ! great people to work with. the most enjoyable about the job was the diversatiy .
Fun place to work and great perks
ALLIED RECRUITER (Former Employee), Dallas texasNovember 18, 2014
The discount makes it worth it - wonderful company loves there people and community
Unsupportive
RN (Former Employee), Lebenon PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: no real pros at all
Cons: unsupportive, unprofessional
It was my very first travel experience and they sent me to a hospital that was totally unprofessional and did not give me any computer training. The nurses there were throwing out IV antibiotics on patients that were septic. When I asked why they said they didn't have the time to do everything and they didn't tell on each other. The management was not supportive at all and basically threw me in with a pack of wolves. Never again. This experience turned me away from travel nursing. It would have been at least a little better if Supplemental had been more supportive. They basically didn't care and I wanted out of there because I couldn't stand to see the patients not getting good care. They said I had to stay.
Good Staffing Agency
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 23, 2014
1st time in agency position was positive experience; well compensated for assignment
Misleading
RN (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: no time or money to enjoy it.
I'm on my second contract wiyh this company. I wotked in WV and It was horrible. Staff were unprofessional and nobody told me about yhe mandatory overtime. The over yime rate is small, like getting straight pay at ant other job but had to work up to 72 hours a week. The recruiter claimed that they didn't know about all the issues because they just started using them and said they would not send anymore nurses there. I gave them the benefit of a doubt and took another assignment. They grossly underestimated the housing cost and overestimated my take home pay. I'm not making anymore than a regular staff nurse at this hospital but have to work every weekend and can't get Overtime. I told them I was going to put in a 3 week notice and they said they would charge me $20 an hour for every hour I missed gor the entire length of the contract. It was thousands. These were not fines from the facility. Just supplemental Health Care.
LPN for Corrections (Current Employee), Centennial, COOctober 6, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule.
Work in Corrections. Get my assignment. Med pass, do my assessment. Follow through MD orders.
Answer phones
Customer Service
Office equipment
New admits
great
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), hosuton txOctober 2, 2014
it was a great company to work for. they had great staffing coordinators.
Travel
Home Health Nurse-Oasis C certified (Former Employee), raleigh,ncSeptember 26, 2014
The pay and benefits were great, but assignments werent guaranteed.32.
great for part time work
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Centennial, COSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: pay was great
Cons: no benefits
working here was ok. I would give them my days I was available and only work like 3 days when i would tell them i was available for 5. I wasnt guranteed my hours.
Productive environment with pleasant and professional employees
COTA/L (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: outstanding teamwork, coworkers who are always pleasant, and everyone is valued
I have gained a lot of educational experience through this company with a wide variety of clinical experience. The job is challenging and issues a "think outside the box" application towards helping each patient strive to achieve their max potential. Every facility I have attended and provided treatment for has welcomed me as if I were their own employee, with the in house therapy staff assisting me with functional measurements in order to deliver the best treatment plan for the patients.
Good Temporary positions
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 15, 2014
Good management, prompt and accurate pay, good assignments
Good pay and benefits
Staffing Manager-Full Time (Current Employee), Charleston, SCSeptember 14, 2014
Good Salary, bonus packages & a trip to a tropical location every year for the highest performing employees.
wouldn't use this company again...
RN (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: poorly handled situation
The unit in the hospital was terrible. I and the other travellers dealt with it but it got to the point where I had enough. I wasn't paid enough to feel like I was on a psych unit. I said I was leaving my assignment early and got actually threatened by my recruiter with "that's reportable to your state board of nursing for patient abandonment and you will lose your license". Ummm. What. Needless to say, that's. NOT patient abandonment I had finished my shift way before I told her this and no I have not lost my license. The company doesn't want to work with me again but honestly do I want to work with a company that doesn't care about my health and we'll being and would rather see me sick and making myself crazy going into work?!?!?!!? Nope.
Reasonable
Contract-Medical Coder (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
Place you on assignments based on the agency needs not your qualifications or title
Pretty cool place to be
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, trips, and other incentives; exposed to great leaders
Cons: performance is subject to market demand and uncontrollable circumstance, team environment not strongly cultivated
Great managers to grow professionally from, revenue driven, compensation is meant to drive production, there is always room and motivation to promote

1 2 3 4 5

About Supplemental Health Care

Based in Park City, Utah, Supplemental Health Care delivers wide-ranging workforce solutions that address staffing challenges – Read more