Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

Great Company!
Lead Recruiter/ Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 17, 2015
Great place with great people! I had a lot of fun working with Supplemental Health Care and would recommend them to anyone.
Flexible and efficient
ICU Float Pool RN/Critical Care RN (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2015
Great Company. Recruiters work diligently to find employment at great facilities. Very fast, and dependable. Weekly pay.
IT was a very complicated niche
Senior Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2015
This particular niche is completely complicated. We only staffed shift fill on call physical therapist, speech therapists and occupational therapists. These are hard to come by. The Board had just changed the requirements at the time I was brought on, from Masters Degrees to Doctorates and the ability to allocate a therapist willing to be on call and move around the valley and not take a permanent job was slim to ZERO. So of no fault of ours or the companies, there had to be a down sizing. I am in still great relations with the team.
my work place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 5, 2015
A very fun place to work. my day is very productive. there is never a dull moment at work. I really use all my skills that ive learned. but now I just feel its time for me to move on
My performance
Cna (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 29, 2015
Come in the morning .Greet the staff.Then begin vitals and water formy patients that need it.Start baths,showers,weight and the documentation.Also greet patients properly when I enter the the room.And respect their privacy.
productive
Admin Assist II/Recruiter Assist./Compliance (Current Employee) –  Miami Lakes, FLJuly 23, 2015
I learned about compliance and ACHA. Very important to be awere of this for the Health care industry. Great team to work with. I was thankful for the opportunity.
Pros
lots of fun events
Cons
no room for advancement
best contract job
Staff Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 16, 2015
great experience as a contract ot. New places to visit and learn from. Great support staff for employees. Great benefits,
Pros
great parties
Cons
non
I love my job as a nurse.
CHARGE NURSE (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 1, 2015
I worked in a field where I had 35 patients and most high acuity. I wouldn't change my experience for the world. Supplemental is am agency type work, so they could send me anywhere and I had to be ready to jump in, although knowing I could always ask questions.
Pros
team work, great loving atmosphere
Cons
healthcare expense
fun work place
RN (Current Employee) –  travelJune 5, 2015
great job good, work environment excellent staff support . Had no problems working with any staff . Management was very terrific. Great benefits.
Great Company to work for.
Travel Nurse, Exempla St. Joseph Hospital (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 4, 2015
Your recruiter is always available, they seem to have a never-ending supply of work. Not mention great pay and benefits!
Solid place to work, great location
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTJune 3, 2015
A great location, solid stable work environment. Lack of work life balance culture. Some opportunities for advancement.
I felt the company was always looking out for my best interest and making sure I got the right fit.
RN (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 30, 2015
This is my first and only travel agency I've worked with and I will try none other. My travel manager is amazing and looked out for me. The travel company had a lot of opportunities and were flexible when needed. Efficient, professional and paid well. I did work for them in 2012-2013, but also in 2008-2009 and some of 2010. I would get 3 month contracts or more and I would get asked back based on good standing with position.
Pros
Gas cards, birthday cards, sent random gifts and opportunity to earn points for gifts, recruiting bonus opportunities
Cons
N/A
Awesome Company!
RN (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 26, 2015
I've worked with them for 2 years now, they hired me right after I got my RN license. Out of the other 4 I've worked for in the past, maxim, nurse core, integrated healthcare, this was hands down the best! They care about their employees and the contracts they get. They go out of their way to help, what ever you need and they always have your back. They have corrections, hospital, clinics and home care work, plus a few more. This is a great place to work! Oh and they pay the best! I was a new nurse making $33 hr.
Pros
Great people, reward point system with great items, referral bonuses, lots of different companies
good place
LPN (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 17, 2015
good place to work, good staff to assist when help is needed.
Large nursing agency with staffing in buffalo ny area
many perks when working for this nursing agency.
Professional, honest....best travel company I have worked with
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  several assignments in MAMay 14, 2015
After seeing all of the "not so great" reviews, I felt I needed to respond. My recruiter is no longer with Supplemental, but having worked with several other companies, they are by far the best. I never had a problem with getting paid, housing, or any contract I accepted. Previous to signing with Supplemental, I had been on a contract with another company, 1600 miles away from my family, waited 3 weeks for a check and was housed next to a truck stop, complete with real, live "ladies of the night". Now THAT was a horrible experience !! My advise is this........if you have NEVER done travel nursing, RESEARCH it......it is not for everyone. You are not going to walk into any facility and get the same orientation and coddling you would get as a regular employee. As a "traveler" you are there to basically get the facility out of a "staffing" issue. You are there to work for them, to work where you are needed. My experience has been, that if you are flexible, work hard and put your best foot forward, you will succeed. There is not a travel position in the country that is going to be "easy" and pay you a ton of money. The bottom line is, regardless of where you work and what your position is, NO ONE gets paid for doing nothing. Being a travel nurse can be a fabulous experience. Supplemental is one of the best.
Like having a root canal with no novacaine for 13 weeks
head executioner - rehab staff (Former Employee) –  USAMay 11, 2015
Really bad experience. Recruiter for company seems like a bully. The assignment was horrific and I'm glad that I did it so that I'll never consider a travel job again. For a travel position it wasn't very competitive paying. It was very difficult when discussing compensation. I felt like I was at a used car lot and it was end of the month. The only thing they seem to care about is billing for their time. You could be the worst most unethical clinician and they wouldn't care as long as you billed max.
Irony of the situation is that I recently ran into a P.T. who had the exact same experience with both supplemental and the placement. A
Pros
pay on time and weekly
Cons
ethics, placement
Terrible Experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
I signed a 13 week contract at a SNF with this company and was given two weeks notice on week 5 -- not because I'm not a good employee, but because the company never meant for the position to be that long. I had terrible communication with my recruiter, who would call me during work (once calling the SNF to contact me during treatment), I had to send documents multiple times, and she text-bullied so badly I was in tears. I had to reach out to the company to let them know about my situation, and my recruiter didn't do anything. It was an incredibly frustrating, stressful, and negative experience.
Wonderful group of professionals to work with.
PRN at various hospitals in the Houston Area (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
Supplemental Health Care has been a wonderful experience in the years I have been with them. I meet the needs of area hospitals and can always count on professionals who are attune to my abilities and look out for my welfare as well as the hospitals that I service. They have never let me down and I cannot commend them enough. I thoroughly enjoy hearing that voice in the morning that lets me know I am confirmed for a facility.
Pros
Highly professional.
travel job
nuclear medicine tech (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIMay 6, 2015
travel tech for temp service
new places to learn
hospitals,clinics
meet new people
good pay
learn new equipment
great benefits
Pros
change is good
Cons
honest, easy to talk to too,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo NYApril 30, 2015
Very easy to talk to, always called me back in a timely manner, and was always honest. They always checked on me weekly to see if I needed anything.