Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

RN Home Health Case Management
Home Health Case Management RN (Former Employee) –  Anderson, SC and Charleston SCNovember 28, 2016
Awesome company to work with, contract work with exceptional pay, awesome support from Charleston office staff. Loved working with Supplemental
Pros
Exceptional pay, Gtreat Support from office staff
Cons
Short term work
recruiters very unprofessional
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 28, 2016
I've worked with a few staffing companies and am not impressed with Supplemental. The recruiter was very fake and particularly aggressive and made promises and offers that just seemed way too good to be true - and in the end they were, in fact, untrue. The hourly pay rate changed after I had verbally committed to a contract ( and turned down other offers ), the work hours changed as well when I started the contract. I worked 1 13 week contract with Supplemental and have moved on to a different company - there are a ton of staffing agencies out there - there's no need to work for one that operates like that.
Pros
at least Supplemental has many other competitors for your business - try someone else :)
Cons
not trust worthy, changed terms of position
Honest and Trustworthy
OTR (Former Employee) –  Colorado and IdahoNovember 25, 2016
As an entry-level therapist I posted my resume online and was swarmed with job offers from recruiters. Eventually I learned that some recruiters did not have my best interests in mind. Supplemental Health Care was a God send. Megan helped me navigate the new and confusing world of occupational therapy travel positions. Even after I signed with a different company, Supplemental continued to support me, offer me advice, and touched base periodically. I cannot say enough positive things about the values and ethics of this company. I would recommend Megan personally if you are interested in a trustworthy recruiter (email: mmartuscello@supplementalhealthcare.com). Best of luck everyone!
Pros
A moral and considerate company
Cons
I went with a different company
Productive, great pay and loved the supervisor when I started.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 25, 2016
I loved this job. I was hired sight unseen and moved from another state. The boss was great and hated when she took position in South Carolina and moved to other office.
Pros
Very laid back office, but got our work done. Pay was great for me
Cons
had a couple people that would not hold up there end of their job so I took early retirement.
Great company to work for!
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2016
Loved working with the Joy and A'isha in Tulsa, OK. Both were super friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. The only big negative were the benefits. If your hours dropped below full-time qualification, your benefits dropped too. And working as a contract employee, I was never guaranteed full-time hours. But I could make my own schedule, I had the opportunity to travel around the central Oklahoma area to different facilities, and I met lots of wonderful therapists in the process. I ended up accepting a full-time position through another facility so I could have dental insurance and guaranteed pay every two weeks.
Fun work environment - Lackluster Management
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 14, 2016
Worked at SHC for a little less than a year. Fun environment to work in as people are generally nice, however can be very "clicky." Lots of incentives with free food and lunches teams hit their placement goals. Training is however all over the place. Different people in management will suggest often different yet contradictory paths to success. Favoritism runs rampant in this building. Starting pay is 12.00/hour and drops to 10.00 after 6 months.

With that that being said, the opportunity to make money is there however, may take a year and a half of nose-to-the-grindstone recruiting to get there with inconsistent pay.
Pros
Environment, People, contests, healthcare
Cons
High pressure, inconsistent training, lackluster leadership in management.
Great place
Talent Source Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 20, 2016
First off this is a great place to work. This is truly a home away from home. Friendly, happy, relaxed, no stress, and you are trusted to do what you want as long as you get your job done. The leadership is great and offer an open door policy anytime. Co-workers will become long term friends outside of work.
Pros
Fun, and always learning
Cons
Traffic
Horrible place to work
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Easton hospitalOctober 18, 2016
I advice anyone that applies here for a job not to bother. Management has there favorites no room for advancement. There are to many clicks. Managers don't act like managers they act like your friend. If you have pull in the company you will move up. If your not in there you are out of a job. The managers works you like a dog and the others in the department as there friends while you work they gossip.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Management needs to grow up and act like management and stop with favortism
run away
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29405September 25, 2016
Coordinator never signed me up for benefits, and I developed a life-threatening illness. I called/texted inquiring about benefits, but I was consistently told my 45 days had not been fulfilled long after they had.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Company is in shambles
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
The company was bought out in the beginning of 2016 which led to the entire senior management team quitting without notice. After that happened, no one works as a team and the culture of the company has changed.
Good place to work that challenges your skills and abilities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 10, 2016
The health care at this institution is always moving forward. I was able to learn and teach at the same time. My advice to those looking for an opportunity to use there training and possible advancement to apply
Pros
Good salary
wonderful
Agency Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Merriam, KSSeptember 7, 2016
my recruiter was great
the places i went were wonderful
i would recommend anyone to work with them
fair pay
fair incentives
travel and local options available
some delays in finding work
Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 1, 2016
Had a good experiance with contract work assignments. I learned to be flexible with work locations. I enjoyed the traveling to different work sites the most.
Hard to get going
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2016
Mostly train yourself, Hard to get up and going, but once you do the money is pretty good. supervisory staff is very helpful, training is very short and a lot of it is done on your own
Pros
good compensation when you get started, decent job security
Cons
very micromanaged
Supplemental is Amazing
Registered Nurse, Travel (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2016
From the very start, all of the Supplemental staff have been amazing-helping me to secure employment quickly. Compensation is competitive also.
very flexible
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZAugust 28, 2016
Supplemental healthcare has been a great company to work for for my first year working as a PTA and has helped me gain a lot of experience The recruiting staff will help you as much as they can .
Pros
flexible and good staff
Cons
lack of work
good travel company
RN (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 21, 2016
I worked as a travel nurse for this company for one year. benefits were good. pay was fair. recruiter was excellent. I enjoyed the experience and they made it even better.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
housing pay is built into salary
friendly company to work for
On-call Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 20, 2016
Hardworking group of ladies who get me the jobs I needed on a weekly basis.
I enjoy working with them and proud to be a SHC employee!
A good company
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2016
There were some small facility issues in my opinion as far as retaining certain clinicians but the overall structure of the company is good.
supplemental is ok, but they need to research
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tawas city MichiganAugust 13, 2016
Supplemental is okay, but they need to research the environment of the placement better. The site has a long standing history of being a bad place to work with 100% turn over. Very unhealthy work culture. Do not recommend any therapist go to work there.
Pros
supplemental is supportive
Cons
site is hostile work environment

Supplemental Health Care Reviews by Location