Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

good travel company
RN (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTAugust 21, 2016
I worked as a travel nurse for this company for one year. benefits were good. pay was fair. recruiter was excellent. I enjoyed the experience and they made it even better.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
housing pay is built into salary
friendly company to work for
On-call Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 20, 2016
Hardworking group of ladies who get me the jobs I needed on a weekly basis.
I enjoy working with them and proud to be a SHC employee!
A good company
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2016
There were some small facility issues in my opinion as far as retaining certain clinicians but the overall structure of the company is good.
supplemental is ok, but they need to research
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tawas city MichiganAugust 13, 2016
Supplemental is okay, but they need to research the environment of the placement better. The site has a long standing history of being a bad place to work with 100% turn over. Very unhealthy work culture. Do not recommend any therapist go to work there.
Pros
supplemental is supportive
Cons
site is hostile work environment
A good career move
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
It feels good to work for a company you believe in. You are given the tools and resources to be successful. The negative reviews on here are by people who expect to be handed success. There is a position here for people of all walks of life & skill sets. There are a lot of incentives to do well here. Work hard, play hard! It is also empowering to see so many females in management & senior leadership.
Pros
Free lunch, bonuses, growth potential
Cons
Stress from sales environment
Great company!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 2, 2016
Great company to work for if you are in the office or in the field! The Staffing Managers are very professional and thorough in placing the right candidate to the right client. They try to match your preferences for shift, location and facility type to get you your ideal position. The more flexible you are, the more opportunities that will be presented to you! Plus, the office is always accessible for their employees with 24 hour on-call service.

They also have a great referral program. You can refer a therapist or nurse and you get a dollar for every hour they work. You can refer as many people as you want. It's a great way to earn some extra money!

They offer benefits, 401(k), and PTO just like any FT job, but you have the chance to work in all different settings instead of being stuck in one place. They are also flexible with your schedule, so you can easily make time for family.

As a part of this team in the office, I see the staff all work diligently to provide all these great things to their employees. I'm proud to be a part of this team!
Pros
Benefits, referral program, flexibility
A very supportive company.
Contract SLP (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLAugust 1, 2016
Management places their employees first. My recruiter is always looking out for my best interest.She returns calls promptly, and strives to fix problems.
I am a staff nurse. No things like Ping Pong activity.
Staffing Agency (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2016
I have a problem with the benefit package. The policy is to strict, if you fall below the required hours. It should be less severe. It need the kinks worked out.
Pros
Ok with taking time off
Cons
Payment process
great opportunity to learn new skills
RN Case manager for Wake Med Home Health (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 21, 2016
The staff is very insightful to their employee's needs and desires. The team function as a advocate for its employees and are willing to address any concerns or questions when discussing a possible employment opportunity.
Pros
great salary range
Cons
some difficulty with making sure time sheets are processed from the employer to the agency.
Horrible Management and Environment.
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIJuly 20, 2016
My experience was awful here and I feel it was a complete waste of time. What I was told prior about the job responsibilities never came to fruition. The manager in charge has zero social skills and uses profanity every second while micro-managing every aspect of the office including bathroom breaks and lunch breaks(you are told not to take a lunch break and to eat at your desk while you work). The manager talks constantly about herself and how she made the company what it is while talking behind everyone's back including the other workers in the office. Its a really bad environment that doesn't foster growth and its due to poor leadership. Also you have to try to sell to nurses the worst jobs possible for example home health care in Detroit for low wages. This company acts like its the best in industry when its really the worst. You make endless phone calls to get people in to interview them for positions that are not desirable by any means while offering low pay. There is also an employee who has been there the longest and who is fed the best leads simply because she has worked their a long time. If you want to work long hours with no breaks for minimum wage and a manager that only puts herself first and you hope she's in a good mood for the day then go ahead. She is a do as I say but not as I do person as she was rarely their most days and when she was she comes in late most days. Don't waste your time.
Pros
Its a job:(
Cons
Manager/Hours/Micromanagement
Worst experience of my life.
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2016
Was threatened by the President of the company when I tried to go to HR. They promote "cold calling" which they do not tell you when you interview. They demand you make hundreds of phone calls a day harassing the same people over and over. Intimidation is used when you don't meet impossible quotas. The "base pay" they promise you isn't real.
Good
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJuly 8, 2016
I have enjoyed my rotation so far for Supplemental Healthcare. The staff helped me immensely and were very professional and kind.
This company seems to care about its employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 3, 2016
This is my first travel agency working experience (not my first assignment though) and I can honestly say, it has been an enjoyable one. My recruiter has done an excellent job in meeting my needs for my specialty and is prompt in contacting me to follow up about a concern or even about how my experience is going so far.
I would recommend this company to any nurse who is looking to do travel work.
They offer many positions in different areas of the country so the possibilities are endless.
Pros
Variety of areas in the country to work, decent pay
Cons
Stipend for living expenses
Stressing,
LVN (Former Employee) –  AbelineJune 28, 2016
High stress level, dumped into position with inadequate training. Most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on, one on one care of the patients.
Want to work closer to my home do not wish to travel
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 26, 2016
Nurse to patient ratio is often 1:6-7. Management is often not around on a typical night shift the nurse team leads are wonderful. My co-workers are really helpful. Floating to other floors and locating supplies is often the biggest challenge of the shift. The patients are my favorite part of my job.
Pros
seeing other areas of the country
Cons
not in my home
Challenging and empowering plcae to work
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 24, 2016
Its a place where you van challenge yourself. There is so much opportunities to move up in the company definitely for people who self motivated.
Pros
They treat their employees with many treats.
Cons
long periods of time sitting at desk
I have a good agent.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 24, 2016
My agent and I work very well together. He works very well with getting me the jobs that meet my needs and as well as salary requirements. I have enjoyed working there for the past few years.
Horrible Company Stay Away
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 20, 2016
I took an assignment through Supplemental and was so sorry I did! They do not care about the nurses, nor did the facility I was placed in. I was floated to units outside of my contract and when I contacted my recruiter about it I was always told the same thing, I'm working on getting an answer from my contact at the facility, but never could get any resolve. The communication was sub par at best, nobody ever knew what was going on. The recruiters lie to you about your contract, they tell you one thing and the facility another. This was my first travel assignment and it left a horrible impression. I trusted my recruiter and my contract and what a mistake. What I do know is that I will not only never take any kind of assignment from this company but I would under no circumstances recommend anybody to do so either. If you're looking for a travel contract, STAY AWAY from Supplemental!
Pros
Cons
No management support, nobody to advocate for you
Company has the right focus
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 19, 2016
Although Venture Capitalist took over recently, the company is still stellar in their service and professionalism. C-Level management changes has created a different environment.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
New upper-management
Best career move I could have made!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 18, 2016
After spending years working for a large Fortune 500 company, I was nervous about working for a smaller company. I have zero regrets! It's exciting to be part of a great team and see all the potential we have for greatness! They are extremely flexible and encourage us to have a work/life balance. They are always open to feedback on current processes and make changes when they can. It's nice to know your opinion matters and it's even nicer to then see a change be made based on your ideas!
Pros
Flexible schedule, lots of team participation opportunities.
Cons
Technology needs some improvement, but they listened to our requests and are working hard on improving them!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Supplemental Health Care Reviews by Location