Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

Productivity at supplemental health is mediocre
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2017
At supplemental health work life balance is average, stable income, instability with no flexibility.Staff inexperience
Pros
PROFIT SHARING, 401K
Cons
MANAGEMENT
Horrible place to work
Unemployed (Former Employee) –  Easton hospitalOctober 18, 2016
I advice anyone that applies here for a job not to bother. Management has there favorites no room for advancement. There are to many clicks. Managers don't act like managers they act like your friend. If you have pull in the company you will move up. If your not in there you are out of a job. The managers works you like a dog and the others in the department as there friends while you work they gossip.
Pros
Discount lunches
Cons
Management needs to grow up and act like management and stop with favortism
Good place to work that challenges your skills and abilities
Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CASeptember 10, 2016
The health care at this institution is always moving forward. I was able to learn and teach at the same time. My advice to those looking for an opportunity to use there training and possible advancement to apply
Pros
Good salary
Fun work environment - Lackluster Management
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYNovember 14, 2016
Worked at SHC for a little less than a year. Fun environment to work in as people are generally nice, however can be very "clicky." Lots of incentives with free food and lunches teams hit their placement goals. Training is however all over the place. Different people in management will suggest often different yet contradictory paths to success. Favoritism runs rampant in this building. Starting pay is 12.00/hour and drops to 10.00 after 6 months.

With that that being said, the opportunity to make money is there however, may take a year and a half of nose-to-the-grindstone recruiting to get there with inconsistent pay.
Pros
Environment, People, contests, healthcare
Cons
High pressure, inconsistent training, lackluster leadership in management.
Great company to work for!
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 21, 2016
Loved working with the Joy and A'isha in Tulsa, OK. Both were super friendly, helpful, and easy to work with. The only big negative were the benefits. If your hours dropped below full-time qualification, your benefits dropped too. And working as a contract employee, I was never guaranteed full-time hours. But I could make my own schedule, I had the opportunity to travel around the central Oklahoma area to different facilities, and I met lots of wonderful therapists in the process. I ended up accepting a full-time position through another facility so I could have dental insurance and guaranteed pay every two weeks.
A good career move
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
It feels good to work for a company you believe in. You are given the tools and resources to be successful. The negative reviews on here are by people who expect to be handed success. There is a position here for people of all walks of life & skill sets. There are a lot of incentives to do well here. Work hard, play hard! It is also empowering to see so many females in management & senior leadership.
Pros
Free lunch, bonuses, growth potential
Cons
Stress from sales environment
Company is in shambles
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 22, 2016
The company was bought out in the beginning of 2016 which led to the entire senior management team quitting without notice. After that happened, no one works as a team and the culture of the company has changed.
Hard to get going
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2016
Mostly train yourself, Hard to get up and going, but once you do the money is pretty good. supervisory staff is very helpful, training is very short and a lot of it is done on your own
Pros
good compensation when you get started, decent job security
Cons
very micromanaged
Supplemental is Amazing
Registered Nurse, Travel (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 31, 2016
From the very start, all of the Supplemental staff have been amazing-helping me to secure employment quickly. Compensation is competitive also.
recruiters very unprofessional
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 28, 2016
I've worked with a few staffing companies and am not impressed with Supplemental. The recruiter was very fake and particularly aggressive and made promises and offers that just seemed way too good to be true - and in the end they were, in fact, untrue. The hourly pay rate changed after I had verbally committed to a contract ( and turned down other offers ), the work hours changed as well when I started the contract. I worked 1 13 week contract with Supplemental and have moved on to a different company - there are a ton of staffing agencies out there - there's no need to work for one that operates like that.
Pros
at least Supplemental has many other competitors for your business - try someone else :)
Cons
not trust worthy, changed terms of position
Honest and Trustworthy
OTR (Former Employee) –  Colorado and IdahoNovember 25, 2016
As an entry-level therapist I posted my resume online and was swarmed with job offers from recruiters. Eventually I learned that some recruiters did not have my best interests in mind. Supplemental Health Care was a God send. Megan helped me navigate the new and confusing world of occupational therapy travel positions. Even after I signed with a different company, Supplemental continued to support me, offer me advice, and touched base periodically. I cannot say enough positive things about the values and ethics of this company. I would recommend Megan personally if you are interested in a trustworthy recruiter (email: mmartuscello@supplementalhealthcare.com). Best of luck everyone!
Pros
A moral and considerate company
Cons
I went with a different company
Best office i have ever worked at
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The average day consisted of creating job postings, calling medical professionals to follow up and recruit new talent and creating submission packets for the nurses. This was the best management team i have ever worked for. From the upper management we always had guidance and reinforcement and my divisional manager was one of the best managers i have ever worked for. The office staff was great, even though the recruiters are sharks they would always help you if you needed it. The hardest part of the day was finding enough time to do everything during your shift, though management let you have overtime. The best part of the job was the team of people you worked with and the office culture that the president created. It was a great place to work and has been voted one of the best offices to work in Buffalo
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Base salary
Great company!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 2, 2016
Great company to work for if you are in the office or in the field! The Staffing Managers are very professional and thorough in placing the right candidate to the right client. They try to match your preferences for shift, location and facility type to get you your ideal position. The more flexible you are, the more opportunities that will be presented to you! Plus, the office is always accessible for their employees with 24 hour on-call service.

They also have a great referral program. You can refer a therapist or nurse and you get a dollar for every hour they work. You can refer as many people as you want. It's a great way to earn some extra money!

They offer benefits, 401(k), and PTO just like any FT job, but you have the chance to work in all different settings instead of being stuck in one place. They are also flexible with your schedule, so you can easily make time for family.

As a part of this team in the office, I see the staff all work diligently to provide all these great things to their employees. I'm proud to be a part of this team!
Pros
Benefits, referral program, flexibility
Great company up to a point.
LVN (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TX (offce)January 27, 2017
Somewhat limited choices of places to work as a travel LVN/LPN, but this is to be expected as medicine is typically prejudice against working us. As long as I wanted to work state prisons, state psych facilities or State Supported Living Centers, things were great.

I do know of some issues with housing being bad, inadequate or just plain unacceptable, but, by and large, the less lovable the job, the more wonderful the housing. By wonderful, I mean vacation resort housing, OH YES!!! But, that was in exchange for working the state prisons.

I was terminated when I refused to return to work at the job where my charge nurse insisted I chart a seizure I did not witness, other than a few seconds (she witnessed the onset and did not have the brains to start timing it.....). When I asked if my office could guarantee my not working with that nurse, again, they were not able to assure me this could happen, so I broke my contract. Now, mind you, in the travel nurse world, the facility can break contract for any little reason, but the nurse does not have this luxury. So, I got fired from not only this situation, but from the company, which happens to be the main contender in Texas. If you can keep from breaking contract, and you have a high tolerance for working jobs nobody else wants, this place is for you. I loved my office staff, out of Ft. Worth TX.
Pros
Good money, see the country, short contracts=no boredom
Cons
Facilities can trump up a reason to break contract.
Much better staffing agencies than this one
RN (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 26, 2016
Inexperienced, condescending recruiters that lie to get you to sign up then suddenly can't find hours in your specialty. I've worked for over 20 years as a temp and travel nurse and this company by far is the worst. Wanted to take a travel assignment but had to get "permission" from the recruiter that I originally signed up with. I've never heard of anything so ridiculous. I've moved on to better things. This is a heads up for those of you thinking of joining the Phoenix branch.
Pros
Cons
Condescending recruiters
run away
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29405September 25, 2016
Coordinator never signed me up for benefits, and I developed a life-threatening illness. I called/texted inquiring about benefits, but I was consistently told my 45 days had not been fulfilled long after they had.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Horrible Company Stay Away
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 20, 2016
I took an assignment through Supplemental and was so sorry I did! They do not care about the nurses, nor did the facility I was placed in. I was floated to units outside of my contract and when I contacted my recruiter about it I was always told the same thing, I'm working on getting an answer from my contact at the facility, but never could get any resolve. The communication was sub par at best, nobody ever knew what was going on. The recruiters lie to you about your contract, they tell you one thing and the facility another. This was my first travel assignment and it left a horrible impression. I trusted my recruiter and my contract and what a mistake. What I do know is that I will not only never take any kind of assignment from this company but I would under no circumstances recommend anybody to do so either. If you're looking for a travel contract, STAY AWAY from Supplemental!
Pros
Cons
No management support, nobody to advocate for you
very nice
Director of Client Services (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHNovember 21, 2016
The management style is very old school. They truly live by the term "family First".

Often there are lots of laughs, and smiles. Very supportive and encouraging.
Best career move I could have made!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 18, 2016
After spending years working for a large Fortune 500 company, I was nervous about working for a smaller company. I have zero regrets! It's exciting to be part of a great team and see all the potential we have for greatness! They are extremely flexible and encourage us to have a work/life balance. They are always open to feedback on current processes and make changes when they can. It's nice to know your opinion matters and it's even nicer to then see a change be made based on your ideas!
Pros
Flexible schedule, lots of team participation opportunities.
Cons
Technology needs some improvement, but they listened to our requests and are working hard on improving them!
supplemental is ok, but they need to research
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tawas city MichiganAugust 13, 2016
Supplemental is okay, but they need to research the environment of the placement better. The site has a long standing history of being a bad place to work with 100% turn over. Very unhealthy work culture. Do not recommend any therapist go to work there.
Pros
supplemental is supportive
Cons
site is hostile work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

Supplemental Health Care Reviews by Location