Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employer Reviews

Don't waste your time!!! Don't walk... Run!!
approved candidate-5wks ago (Former Employee), Weston WVJuly 21, 2014
Pros: none i can see other than ads to hook u
Cons: no value for professional job seekers time
No professional courtesy. Can't return emails or calls to identify employment conformations. The WV posting is a Hoax!!! Just trying to get quotas filled for commissions. Been waiting a month after taking classes required and spending hours spinning my wheels like a mouse on a wheel. We as nurses should never out more effort into follow up than the – more... agencies do. Initial conduct is a precursor to what the future holds for response in emergent situations. Glad I didn't get a follow up. Would be stuck with no resources at a news worthy hostile facility. They claim they know nothing of issues. Staff getting beat up. Union strikes. Aggressive situation for traveler. Do your research. – less
Fun staff to work for.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJuly 18, 2014
Pros: wearing jeans on fridays.
Cons: got paid but had to work throught lunches for meetings.
Worked with nurses, doctors and aides to make sure all the needs of the patients were met. Sometimes there weren't enough nurses and the therapists had to answer call lights.
Too much rotating of staff made it not a good experience for the patients.
Breakfast was served at all different times of the morning.
Great Place to work
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 15, 2014
Voted top place to work in Western NY. Work environment is very friendly and the co-workers create a fun atmosphere!
Easy to work at agency
Registered nurse (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYJuly 7, 2014
Worked as 1:1 nurse at a school, very easy job. Did not work at other places yet, but HR manager very eager to find a place for me. They only give you one day of training at different sites, which can be kind of nerve wrecking.
RUN or get everything in writing!!!
RN (Former Employee), Buffalo NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: didn't end up working for these guys, probably saved me money
Cons: untrustworthy!
Ended contract prior to starting due to flagrant theft of funds from my credit card which was given for a hold for security deposit for my housing which is not common practice for travel agencies.Luckily my bank will cover me but had to pay out of pocket for physical. Told me they would reimburse but reversed this, had to ask for assistance with housing, – more... mileage,and guaranteed hours were not in contract.Very unorganized, became adversarial when confronted about anything, nothing was offered to me had to ask/push to get it.I am a seasoned traveler and my advice is there are much better places to work for. – less
Great team atmosphere
LPN (Current Employee), East Amherst, NYJune 23, 2014
I like that I can pick and choose or have a regular school run. Pay is great and the management team really look out for you!!
Pleasant working environment.
Compliance Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Great rapport and support among office staff. Each member supported other departments with a little creative challenges to continue with positive recruiting and increased successful results. Worked together as a team thru all challenges. Worked together with daily challenges to complete by the end of the day.
Great job that utilized all my abilities and skills
Nursing Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJune 10, 2014
Enjoyed working with clients and recruits to meet each one's needs.

I also enjoyed the multi-tasking demands and the ability to practice efficiency and strong customer service skills.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 10, 2014
Great opportunity to learn with great pay and benefits. A great management team and great physicians
Enjoyed working for SHC in Seattle
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 19, 2014
I had a very positive experience working with SHC for three years in Seattle. I was able to rotate through a handful of facilities that were my favorites and eventually took a full time position at one of them. I always had plenty of work opportunities working with SHC.
Good experience
Staffing Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Livonia MichiganApril 28, 2014
Can become stressful when moving to different settings, but good experience
Good
Contract Field Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
Great, Compensation and Perks good, Management excellent and cares about the staff
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
This company did a good job at keeping me working. I was not pleased with the managerial staff and there was poor communication between myself and the agency. The compensation was ok.
RN
Travel Labor and Delivery RN (Former Employee), Newark, NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Great culture and awesome people! Tina has an amazing team and very great to accommodate. Loved working for them! Hours were nice and quick turn around.
Excellent work environment.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Fresno, CalifroniaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: wonderful work hours
Cons: no full time
One on one with student in classroom setting. Learned to work in different work environment, hands on with tracheotomy care. Hardest part was leaving assignment. Wonderful experience.
Fun workplace and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 14, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, holidays off
Cons: short hours
Employee different people for different jobs is a typical day and I learned how much I love staffing. The manangement were wonderful people and the coworkers were great! The harderst part of the job is being part time and the most enjoyable part was meeting everyone and actuallly being happy to come to work.
Would not work for them
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), NCMarch 9, 2014
Cons: will tell you anything you want to hear, but will not back it up
I drove 1600 miles to find out they singed contract job I had with them did not exist. They never followed up with the contract. They made me feel like it was my fault and cost me over 3000.00 no reimbursement. Lucky I got my old job back. They also say they have tuition reimbursement but even the corp office had no idea what I was talking about.
Great company
LPN (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: great pay and flexibility
Cons: no benefits if contract employee.
Whether it's local or Travel, Supplemental will never do you wrong!
Dishonest, unorganized and unprofessional management
RN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2014
I was told I would make a reasonable amount of pay per hour, would get free health insurance for myself, and get a completion bonus. Upon arriving in St. Louis, MO I was told that I would need to sign another contract because I may be "a tax risk". I had already quit my former job so I was in a spot and had to sign the second contract or be unemployed. – more... The second contract had me making 6 dollars less an hour then the original contract. When I completed the assignment they refused to give me a completion bonus, even though I worked all of the hours that were required of me by the facility. Also, the free insurance for myself was not true either. It was an accidental limb dismemberment policy that was free. In addition they shorted me on my first check by 8 hours and it took them 2 weeks to pay me for the shortage. The list goes on and on, such as the company told me I would get garaunteed 36 hours per week. I was canceled a few days by the facility and it took the company 4 weeks to pay me for the garaunteed hours. The management was uncaring, unprofessional and unorganized! On 2 seperate occasions the manager left me a voicemail and was talking while eating on the voicemail. I could actually hear him chewing and this is how he would answer my concerns by leaving me a voicemail at the end of the day stating he was "working on it" while talking with his mouth full. I do not recommend this company! Stay away! – less
Great work Environment
Warehouse employee (Former Employee), Toledo OhioMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: n/a
Warehouse/inventory work. Inventoried warehouse for VPD/Redbox Distributors

1 2 3 4 5

About Supplemental Health Care

Based in Park City, Utah, Supplemental Health Care delivers wide-ranging workforce solutions that address staffing challenges – Read more