Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

Professional, honest....best travel company I have worked with
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee), several assignments in MAMay 14, 2015
After seeing all of the "not so great" reviews, I felt I needed to respond. My recruiter is no longer with Supplemental, but having worked with several other companies, they are by far the best. I never had a problem with getting paid, housing, or any contract I accepted. Previous to signing with Supplemental, I had been on a contract with another company, 1600 miles away from my family, waited 3 weeks for a check and was housed next to a truck stop, complete with real, live "ladies of the night". Now THAT was a horrible experience !! My advise is this........if you have NEVER done travel nursing, RESEARCH it......it is not for everyone. You are not going to walk into any facility and get the same orientation and coddling you would get as a regular employee. As a "traveler" you are there to basically get the facility out of a "staffing" issue. You are there to work for them, to work where you are needed. My experience has been, that if you are flexible, work hard and put your best foot forward, you will succeed. There is not a travel position in the country that is going to be "easy" and pay you a ton of money. The bottom line is, regardless of where you work and what your position is, NO ONE gets paid for doing nothing. Being a travel nurse can be a fabulous experience. Supplemental is one of the best.
Like having a root canal with no novacaine for 13 weeks
head executioner - rehab staff (Former Employee), USAMay 11, 2015
Pros: pay on time and weekly
Cons: ethics, placement
Really bad experience. Recruiter for company seems like a bully. The assignment was horrific and I'm glad that I did it so that I'll never consider a travel job again. For a travel position it wasn't very competitive paying. It was very difficult when discussing compensation. I felt like I was at a used car lot and it was end of the month. The only thing they seem to care about is billing for their time. You could be the worst most unethical clinician and they wouldn't care as long as you billed max.
Irony of the situation is that I recently ran into a P.T. who had the exact same experience with both supplemental and the placement. A
Terrible Experience
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMay 6, 2015
I signed a 13 week contract at a SNF with this company and was given two weeks notice on week 5 -- not because I'm not a good employee, but because the company never meant for the position to be that long. I had terrible communication with my recruiter, who would call me during work (once calling the SNF to contact me during treatment), I had to send documents multiple times, and she text-bullied so badly I was in tears. I had to reach out to the company to let them know about my situation, and my recruiter didn't do anything. It was an incredibly frustrating, stressful, and negative experience.
Wonderful group of professionals to work with.
PRN at various hospitals in the Houston Area (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 6, 2015
Pros: Highly professional.
Cons: None
Supplemental Health Care has been a wonderful experience in the years I have been with them. I meet the needs of area hospitals and can always count on professionals who are attune to my abilities and look out for my welfare as well as the hospitals that I service. They have never let me down and I cannot commend them enough. I thoroughly enjoy hearing that voice in the morning that lets me know I am confirmed for a facility.
travel job
nuclear medicine tech (Former Employee), Livonia, MIMay 6, 2015
Pros: change is good
Cons: none
travel tech for temp service
new places to learn
hospitals,clinics
meet new people
good pay
learn new equipment
great benefits
honest, easy to talk to too,
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Buffalo NYApril 30, 2015
Very easy to talk to, always called me back in a timely manner, and was always honest. They always checked on me weekly to see if I needed anything.
Excellent company to work for in the travel nurse environment, but no real opportunities available for growth or upward mobility.
Registered Nurse, Travel (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2015
Not able to move up in the company in this particular field. Good company, excellent pay, great travel opportunities. Would recommend this company to anyone interested in just making great money.
Fun place to work but limited advancement
Senior Recruitng Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2015
Pros: Flexability
Cons: Micro-managment
Flexible fun place to work! Great people but the work is very stressful. As a recruiting manager you are required to make the required number of calls & if missed, even if you had a vacation day you are sent "reminder" emails. Limited advancement if you are not changing roles.
Smooth agency
RN (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Will hire new grads
Working with this agency was mostly easy and smooth. Management would change frequently so who you spoke with about your file could change from month to month. Good pay.
This was a very productive and hardworking place to work.
Administration Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee), Independence, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: making sure all the hospitals had a hard working nurses that would supply help for sick patients
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work is calling all nurses every Monday to see who and what time frame are they available so that way I would know what hospital needs what type of nurses for the different shifts. Then I would do payroll for the employees /nurses that worked the week before so that they are paid weekly for work. For new nurses, I would assistant them to an online test and upon passing then they would need to take drug testing, and I would do background test on there nursing certificate and make sure they were certified in Ohio to work.
Worked with good people, Enjoyed the Veterans
LPN (Current Employee), Amherst, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: excellent team work
Cons: benefits could be better
Had a good team of RN/LPN/CNA's most of the co-workers tried to help each and make the day as productive and enjoyable as possible. For the most part management was ok, there were some not very approach able but 80% was alright. For the most part it was a good experience
Ft worth tx
LVN (Former Employee), texasJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: horrible company
Do not belive what they say. This company does not pay you what they say. Shorted almost 500 dollars and they won't pay me.
Good company
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Florence and ColumbiaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: friendly staff and you get rewards for working.
Cons: can go without work at times secondary to no work available
I have been with this company since August 2012 to present and the staff has been very good. The longest that I have been without work has been 3-4 wks during the 2 and a half yrs. I love that you get award points for working for the company.
fun place to work
Staffing manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day of work consisted of answering incoming calls from clients, at any time of day, requesting a employee to cover open shifts. Then making outgoing calls to staff to fill the open shifts. Also, monitoring hours worked for the staff.
Do Not Believe What They Say - Don't Waste Your Time
OT (Former Employee), Merriam KSJanuary 3, 2015
Former employee. Merriam KS Office people difficult to work with. Rarely gave me assignments and when they did, the information provided to me or to the facility was always inaccurate.
not impressed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2014
I honestly would not recommend this company. I have never met my recruiter and her team. Ive had nothing but issues when dealing with them.
Great Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, find assignments quick, checks to make sure you are ok
Cons: have to find own housing
I'm on my first assignment with this company. So far everything has been great. Love my recruiter. She checks to be sure I like where I'm at, and wants to know what's going on. The pay is great, and you get compensated weekly. So far, nothing negative to say about this company.
I would never work for this company again!
PTA, prn (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
Cons: read above description
All of the decent staff that worked in the Phoenix, Arizona office have left the company. There is no one you can trust. They send you to jobs that are canceled or don't exist. Very unprofessional. The pay scale has continued to drop and there are no benefits for prn employees. Horrible experience with travel and prn. They barely have any work available. Not worth applying.
great agency
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Corsicana, TXDecember 1, 2014
learned a lot ! great people to work with. the most enjoyable about the job was the diversatiy .
Fun place to work and great perks
ALLIED RECRUITER (Former Employee), Dallas texasNovember 18, 2014
The discount makes it worth it - wonderful company loves there people and community

1 2 3 4 5

About Supplemental Health Care

Based in Park City, Utah, Supplemental Health Care delivers wide-ranging workforce solutions that address staffing challenges – Read more

Supplemental Health Care Salaries