Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employer Reviews

wouldn't use this company again...
RN (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: it was a job
Cons: poorly handled situation
The unit in the hospital was terrible. I and the other travellers dealt with it but it got to the point where I had enough. I wasn't paid enough to feel like I was on a psych unit. I said I was leaving my assignment early and got actually threatened by my recruiter with "that's reportable to your state board of nursing for patient abandonment and you – more... will lose your license". Ummm. What. Needless to say, that's. NOT patient abandonment I had finished my shift way before I told her this and no I have not lost my license. The company doesn't want to work with me again but honestly do I want to work with a company that doesn't care about my health and we'll being and would rather see me sick and making myself crazy going into work?!?!?!!? Nope. – less
Reasonable
Contract-Medical Coder (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GASeptember 5, 2014
Pros: pros
Cons: cons
Place you on assignments based on the agency needs not your qualifications or title
Pretty cool place to be
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: free lunches, trips, and other incentives; exposed to great leaders
Cons: performance is subject to market demand and uncontrollable circumstance, team environment not strongly cultivated
Great managers to grow professionally from, revenue driven, compensation is meant to drive production, there is always room and motivation to promote
Love working for this company!
RN (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
They take care of you and make sure they don't just stick you in a job that you don't have a clue what to do, your not just a warm body to them. And the pay is awesome! The people are extremely helpful.
Exciting place to work for- if you are hitting your quotas.
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee), Tonawanda, New YorkAugust 22, 2014
The toughest part of this position was depending on someone else's work ethic to get your paychecks/ commission.
Health Care Staffing
Staffing Manager (Current Employee), Columbia, MDAugust 11, 2014
SHC is a very good company. I like the way that it is run and the management team in place. I am interested in leaving because my commute is really long and after 2 years is beginning to take it's toll.
Travel Nursing
Travel RN Home Health Case Manager (Current Employee), Woburn, MAJuly 30, 2014
Pros: 13 week assignments, best pay, great recruiters, best assingments, cpr/license reimbursement
Cons: temp work so can be 1-2 weeks in between assingments, insurance can be expensive but has new day 1 free indemnity plan, no sick or vacation time
My recruiter has been amazing. Finds me placement quickly. Advocates for me when needed.
good communication
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), San Francisco Bay Area, CAJuly 21, 2014
good communication and easy to get ahold of people. Several different recruiters (seem to come and go) in SF office.
Don't waste your time!!! Don't walk... Run!!
approved candidate-5wks ago (Former Employee), Weston WVJuly 21, 2014
Pros: none i can see other than ads to hook u
Cons: no value for professional job seekers time
No professional courtesy. Can't return emails or calls to identify employment conformations. The WV posting is a Hoax!!! Just trying to get quotas filled for commissions. Been waiting a month after taking classes required and spending hours spinning my wheels like a mouse on a wheel. We as nurses should never out more effort into follow up than the – more... agencies do. Initial conduct is a precursor to what the future holds for response in emergent situations. Glad I didn't get a follow up. Would be stuck with no resources at a news worthy hostile facility. They claim they know nothing of issues. Staff getting beat up. Union strikes. Aggressive situation for traveler. Do your research. – less
Fun staff to work for.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Former Employee), Maryland Heights, MOJuly 18, 2014
Pros: wearing jeans on fridays.
Cons: got paid but had to work throught lunches for meetings.
Worked with nurses, doctors and aides to make sure all the needs of the patients were met. Sometimes there weren't enough nurses and the therapists had to answer call lights.
Too much rotating of staff made it not a good experience for the patients.
Breakfast was served at all different times of the morning.
Great Place to work
Compliance Specialist (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 15, 2014
Voted top place to work in Western NY. Work environment is very friendly and the co-workers create a fun atmosphere!
Easy to work at agency
Registered nurse (Current Employee), Tonawanda, NYJuly 7, 2014
Worked as 1:1 nurse at a school, very easy job. Did not work at other places yet, but HR manager very eager to find a place for me. They only give you one day of training at different sites, which can be kind of nerve wrecking.
RUN or get everything in writing!!!
RN (Former Employee), Buffalo NYJuly 3, 2014
Pros: didn't end up working for these guys, probably saved me money
Cons: untrustworthy!
Ended contract prior to starting due to flagrant theft of funds from my credit card which was given for a hold for security deposit for my housing which is not common practice for travel agencies.Luckily my bank will cover me but had to pay out of pocket for physical. Told me they would reimburse but reversed this, had to ask for assistance with housing, – more... mileage,and guaranteed hours were not in contract.Very unorganized, became adversarial when confronted about anything, nothing was offered to me had to ask/push to get it.I am a seasoned traveler and my advice is there are much better places to work for. – less
Great team atmosphere
LPN (Current Employee), East Amherst, NYJune 23, 2014
I like that I can pick and choose or have a regular school run. Pay is great and the management team really look out for you!!
Pleasant working environment.
Compliance Assistant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 17, 2014
Great rapport and support among office staff. Each member supported other departments with a little creative challenges to continue with positive recruiting and increased successful results. Worked together as a team thru all challenges. Worked together with daily challenges to complete by the end of the day.
Great job that utilized all my abilities and skills
Nursing Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSJune 10, 2014
Enjoyed working with clients and recruits to meet each one's needs.

I also enjoyed the multi-tasking demands and the ability to practice efficiency and strong customer service skills.
Great place
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJune 10, 2014
Great opportunity to learn with great pay and benefits. A great management team and great physicians
Enjoyed working for SHC in Seattle
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMay 19, 2014
I had a very positive experience working with SHC for three years in Seattle. I was able to rotate through a handful of facilities that were my favorites and eventually took a full time position at one of them. I always had plenty of work opportunities working with SHC.
Good experience
Staffing Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), Livonia MichiganApril 28, 2014
Can become stressful when moving to different settings, but good experience
Good
Contract Field Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
Great, Compensation and Perks good, Management excellent and cares about the staff

1 2 3 4 5

About Supplemental Health Care

Based in Park City, Utah, Supplemental Health Care delivers wide-ranging workforce solutions that address staffing challenges – Read more