Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

willing to work with what ever you need
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 10, 2017
I have never been treated better by an employer, office staff has always been there for me, no problems getting paid, I was able to take any time off I needed, great place to work for.
Reputable company with good benefits
PTA travel (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 30, 2017
Each day is different with PRN. Travel contracts get you more time in one location which is helpful. The hardest part is not having steady income. The best part is getting exposure to and learning about the operations and management styles of different facilities and all the wonderful and interesting people I get to meet.
Pros
flexible schedule, good benefits
Cons
travel distances, not steady income
Focused encouraging environment
Contract Nurse - Advocate Health Care (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILOctober 30, 2017
Supplemental provided support and motivation to complete difficult assignments. They also were great advocates to assure that the contractual companies did not overload their staff. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new clients. The management was cohesive and supportive. My contractual assignment was in Illinois.
Good Company for Travelers
RN Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 28, 2017
I was always treated fair, paid fair, and provided with everything spelled out in each f my contracts (I did several) and more. My contact/recruiter was always ready and willing to help me any way she could. I only left because I went to a permanent position.
Pros
pay, well treated
Cons
notn too many perm positions availabloe
travel job
TRAVEL NURSE (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 27, 2017
I worked 7-330 pm every day Monday thru Friday every weekend off. It was great, I was able to come home every weekend, sometimes my husband would come up. But it was 5 hours from the house.
Pros
more pay
Cons
temporary
Supplemental Health summary is listed below
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NY, Buffalo, NY, and Ogden, UtahOctober 26, 2017
Supplemental Health has provided me with travel and/or contract nursing jobs for almost 10 years. The staff is friendly and efficient with getting me the jobs I want quickly.
Pros
bonuses are often given at contract extensions, and completion.
Cut Throat!
Contract LPN HOME HEALTH FIELD NURSE (Former Employee) –  Federal Way, WAOctober 24, 2017
Would not reccomend to any nurse. They do not help maintain employment for their worker's if something should fall through with the planned contract. As they do not have to give any explanation for you not to return to your assigned duties. I felt everything was great. Patients like me. Nurse staff appeared to like me . Then I was notified in late afternoon to immediately terminate my assignment.
Pros
paid well
Cons
Stay away from any home health assignments.
Variability and Rewarding
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee) –  Spring House, PAOctober 22, 2017
I have enjoyed and continue to enjoy my employment with SHC,
I like to work at different facilities and meet new staff, patients and family members over the past 11 years
Pros
online rewards store, flexible hours
Cons
Na
Productive work place
Onboarding Specialist (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 21, 2017
Working for supplemental has been a great experience. The staff is very helpful! Fast pace environment but enjoyable ! Work with several different clients and learn new skills daily !
Travel Nursing
TRAVELING REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHOctober 16, 2017
This position requires a fast paced person for a fast paced life.The recruitment team took great care of me as an RN and a person. I enjoyed the position, however quickly learned traveling isn't for me.
Pros
pay
nursing in a correctional enviornment
LVN (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 9, 2017
nursing in a correctional enviornment is an overall intense experience its kinda intimidating at first but you get used to it after awhile. Its not for the faint if heart
Pros
good pay
Cons
shift rotations and traveling to different units
Great management with flexible scheduling
Travel Registered Nurse (Multiple specialties) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 29, 2017
Company provides many job opportunities based on the needs of the employee with competitive wages. Managers/recruiters are very professional and work very hard to make sure that you find a facility that meets your needs, financially and work environment.
Per diem
Per Diem agency RN (Former Employee) –  Independence, OHSeptember 27, 2017
I worked at area facilities (LTACH and hospitals). Usually got booked at least a week in advance. rarely got cancelled. They always had opportunities to pick up whenever I wanted.
Great Management and Environment
Senior Lead Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 25, 2017
The company is great and the environment is amazing! The managers take care of you, making sure there's a foosball table, free lunches, competitive perks/awards, and other things to help manage the stressful environment in an office setting.

If you can stick out doing routine work and are comfortable talking to people on the phone, this is a good job for you.
fun and fast-paced
LVN (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 22, 2017
I worked for supplemental health care agency off and on for about 6years as an LVN PRN while I was in school to become an RN. it gave me the flexibility to work and still maintain my grade. A typical work day is very fast-paced and I learned a lot. I would consider working for them again if an opportunity arises. Great company and great work ethics. they are one of the best agency to work for.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no pay increment
Very professional and great place to work for.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 20, 2017
Supplemental Health has helped me work with every aspect of my career and has helped me find work whenever i needed. The staff is very professional and takes care of their employees.
Productive and great place to work.
Registered Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 20, 2017
My assignment at Roswell Park Cancer Institute has been the best job. the atmosphere is very calm and relaxed considering its a cancer hospital. This has been a very rewarding position.
Not a very professional atmosphere to work in
Market Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 19, 2017
Poorly organized company with weak management and support. The expected amount of time they wanted you to work did not match their compensation. Management team was poorly trained and organized.
Great work environment
HOME-HEALTH REGISTERED NURSE (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORSeptember 17, 2017
My manager was terrific. She would get back to me within one business day for any questions and always-always made me feel important!
Hardest part of job was deciding how I would undertake an task while being out in the field. The best part was the feeling of satisfaction when a patient and/or caregiver would compliment me on the care they received during nursing visit.
Pros
work reward points for hours worked with many gifts to choose from/mileage paid promptly
Cons
short breaks while out in the field/locating bio-break stops
great place to work.
Psychiatric Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2017
great place to work excellent staff will bend over backwards to help and ensure that you are working pay is good also management is excellent .and very considerate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.