Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

Best office i have ever worked at
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The average day consisted of creating job postings, calling medical professionals to follow up and recruit new talent and creating submission packets for the nurses. This was the best management team i have ever worked for. From the upper management we always had guidance and reinforcement and my divisional manager was one of the best managers i have ever worked for. The office staff was great, even though the recruiters are sharks they would always help you if you needed it. The hardest part of the day was finding enough time to do everything during your shift, though management let you have overtime. The best part of the job was the team of people you worked with and the office culture that the president created. It was a great place to work and has been voted one of the best offices to work in Buffalo
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Base salary
experience but not great pay
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2016
learned from this company however there is not great compensation plan. If management likes you then you are good to grow with them. If they do not then look for a new option.
Pros
people work there are nice
Cons
pay and politics
Love my job
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson AZ, and Western NYNovember 18, 2015
I love my position as a traveling RN. I have learned from each assignment I have been on. My technical skills are constanly being challenged. I have met the most increadible people. Supplemental Health has been great to me. My recruiter has always taken good care of me when I have needed some changes in assignment. I would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Bonuses, contributions to HSN, matching 401K
Cons
Contracts are only 13 weeks.
All assignments are just a job!
SPT (Current Employee) –  HI, AZSeptember 12, 2015
You just go there show up and do something and get paid. You don't have to do the job right. Life you don't have one these assignments think they own you like a slave. No benefits and when they say they will reimburse they do not so forgetful in their favor. No job security or advancement and management places you where they want not where you like. Your all alone on assignment so there is no culture. Do what you have to do and get out or they will use you that's all.
Pros
Weekly Pay
Cons
They really do not pay for anything!
Great organization
Case Manager, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJanuary 10, 2016
The staff at this agency will go above and beyond to resolve any/all issues/concerns and will go to bat for their clients.
Pros
Great compensation
Great company!
Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 2, 2016
Great company to work for if you are in the office or in the field! The Staffing Managers are very professional and thorough in placing the right candidate to the right client. They try to match your preferences for shift, location and facility type to get you your ideal position. The more flexible you are, the more opportunities that will be presented to you! Plus, the office is always accessible for their employees with 24 hour on-call service.

They also have a great referral program. You can refer a therapist or nurse and you get a dollar for every hour they work. You can refer as many people as you want. It's a great way to earn some extra money!

They offer benefits, 401(k), and PTO just like any FT job, but you have the chance to work in all different settings instead of being stuck in one place. They are also flexible with your schedule, so you can easily make time for family.

As a part of this team in the office, I see the staff all work diligently to provide all these great things to their employees. I'm proud to be a part of this team!
Pros
Benefits, referral program, flexibility
This company seems to care about its employees
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  ConnecticutJuly 3, 2016
This is my first travel agency working experience (not my first assignment though) and I can honestly say, it has been an enjoyable one. My recruiter has done an excellent job in meeting my needs for my specialty and is prompt in contacting me to follow up about a concern or even about how my experience is going so far.
I would recommend this company to any nurse who is looking to do travel work.
They offer many positions in different areas of the country so the possibilities are endless.
Pros
Variety of areas in the country to work, decent pay
Cons
Stipend for living expenses
Horrible Company Stay Away
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 20, 2016
I took an assignment through Supplemental and was so sorry I did! They do not care about the nurses, nor did the facility I was placed in. I was floated to units outside of my contract and when I contacted my recruiter about it I was always told the same thing, I'm working on getting an answer from my contact at the facility, but never could get any resolve. The communication was sub par at best, nobody ever knew what was going on. The recruiters lie to you about your contract, they tell you one thing and the facility another. This was my first travel assignment and it left a horrible impression. I trusted my recruiter and my contract and what a mistake. What I do know is that I will not only never take any kind of assignment from this company but I would under no circumstances recommend anybody to do so either. If you're looking for a travel contract, STAY AWAY from Supplemental!
Pros
Cons
No management support, nobody to advocate for you
Best career move I could have made!
Team Member (Current Employee) –  MichiganMay 18, 2016
After spending years working for a large Fortune 500 company, I was nervous about working for a smaller company. I have zero regrets! It's exciting to be part of a great team and see all the potential we have for greatness! They are extremely flexible and encourage us to have a work/life balance. They are always open to feedback on current processes and make changes when they can. It's nice to know your opinion matters and it's even nicer to then see a change be made based on your ideas!
Pros
Flexible schedule, lots of team participation opportunities.
Cons
Technology needs some improvement, but they listened to our requests and are working hard on improving them!
A good career move
Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYAugust 11, 2016
It feels good to work for a company you believe in. You are given the tools and resources to be successful. The negative reviews on here are by people who expect to be handed success. There is a position here for people of all walks of life & skill sets. There are a lot of incentives to do well here. Work hard, play hard! It is also empowering to see so many females in management & senior leadership.
Pros
Free lunch, bonuses, growth potential
Cons
Stress from sales environment
Worst decision I have ever made in my entire professional career!!
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedJanuary 22, 2016
And I’ve made a few.
If I could give them zero stars on here, I would. I was totally disillusioned with the entirel staff of my local office. First, make sure that you find out ALL of the details in advance. They are quite deceptive in their recruiting. There are things that the recruiter won't tell you, like you need to maintain 30 hours a week to get and maintain your benefits, and that they only pay you half of your hourly salary for orientation, among many other things that they don’t tell you. My first assignment I was given a rate, and was led to believe that it was a per hour rate, not a per visit rate. Until my paychecks were considerably less than the hours that I submitted. It was only then that the ‘marketing manager’ told me “oh yes, this is a per visit rate”. The second assignment was a complete disaster, especially considering that it was supposed to be with one of the “top notch” health systems in my metropolitan area. You are then told you are guaranteed hours, but you get questioned and threatened not to get paid when the agency is unresponsive to your requests to fill your schedule. They are also quite unresponsive to issues. The 'premier' agency that they place you with has horrible communication, offered no orientation, and I had to learn their documentation system on my own. And then, they won’t pay you for doing the job of another person on YOUR OWN TIME. You need to teach yourself their policies, their computer system, and everything else. When you ask questions, you get no answers, in fact, you get no response at all. When you attempt to discuss
  more... issues with Supplemental, they make it out to sound a s though you are the problem. Not to mention-they will also change your hours and reduce your pay without your knowledge.
When management states they were there to support the nurses, it was only lip service. No professional courtesy. Just trying to get quotas filled for commissions. We as nurses should never put out more effort into follow up than the agencies do. I made multiple attempts to reach out to the office staff and the marketing manager. I was told that I would get my calls returned and never did. Emails were rarely answered. They were definitely NOT an advocate for me. The marketing manager was more concerned with maintaining her personal friendship with the director of the agency. If you value your license, and your sanity, STAY AWAY!! It was an incredibly frustrating, stressful, and negative experience.
Pros
The patients that i served in my time here
Cons
The whole agency is a con
Like having a root canal with no novacaine for 13 weeks
head executioner - rehab staff (Former Employee) –  USAMay 11, 2015
Really bad experience. Recruiter for company seems like a bully. The assignment was horrific and I'm glad that I did it so that I'll never consider a travel job again. For a travel position it wasn't very competitive paying. It was very difficult when discussing compensation. I felt like I was at a used car lot and it was end of the month. The only thing they seem to care about is billing for their time. You could be the worst most unethical clinician and they wouldn't care as long as you billed max.
Irony of the situation is that I recently ran into a P.T. who had the exact same experience with both supplemental and the placement. A
Pros
pay on time and weekly
Cons
ethics, placement
great opportunity to learn new skills
RN Case manager for Wake Med Home Health (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 21, 2016
The staff is very insightful to their employee's needs and desires. The team function as a advocate for its employees and are willing to address any concerns or questions when discussing a possible employment opportunity.
Pros
great salary range
Cons
some difficulty with making sure time sheets are processed from the employer to the agency.
Good Company! If your a good nurse and want a decent travel employer; This is your company!
LPN Travel (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, New YorkSeptember 8, 2015
Decent pay, Excellent recruiter, Benefits are good but the health insurance could be better. Little disappointed with that, but that would be my only real complaint.
Pros
Awesome Travel Recruiter-(Call the travel office and ask for Eric)
Cons
Health insurance, not horrible but definitely not good
supplemental is ok, but they need to research
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Tawas city MichiganAugust 13, 2016
Supplemental is okay, but they need to research the environment of the placement better. The site has a long standing history of being a bad place to work with 100% turn over. Very unhealthy work culture. Do not recommend any therapist go to work there.
Pros
supplemental is supportive
Cons
site is hostile work environment
Not that great
Admitting rep (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2015
I think that UTSW over all is not a bad place to work-BUT there are clinics that suck the life out of you.. Management is the worst(when they come to work) HR does not address concerns. If you end up in the right place, utsw seems to be great but if you end up in a poorly managed clinic, you will be there 6 months and leave- transferring takes a lifetime so you just leave. PM&R is disappointing and it shows not signs of improving.
Pros
State Ins
Cons
work/life balance, pay, breaks, management, work culture
Want to work closer to my home do not wish to travel
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  UtahJune 26, 2016
Nurse to patient ratio is often 1:6-7. Management is often not around on a typical night shift the nurse team leads are wonderful. My co-workers are really helpful. Floating to other floors and locating supplies is often the biggest challenge of the shift. The patients are my favorite part of my job.
Pros
seeing other areas of the country
Cons
not in my home
Worst experience of my life.
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 13, 2016
Was threatened by the President of the company when I tried to go to HR. They promote "cold calling" which they do not tell you when you interview. They demand you make hundreds of phone calls a day harassing the same people over and over. Intimidation is used when you don't meet impossible quotas. The "base pay" they promise you isn't real.
job with a future
Registered Nurse Traveler (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 3, 2015
Provides very good for a fully covered position. Gives health benefits, future financial,incentives, educational refreshers and advancement,rewards for time and effort.
Pros
per diems
Cons
some locations
I did not feel those running the organization {in the Denver Area} understood the complexities of Rehabilitation and Documentation.
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 11, 2016
They discriminate re: age, I learned that inadvertently. Superficial connections, lack knowledge of the Therapy field. Incomplete procedures and in working with them it was challenging to feel supported especially since I never had a face to face with my supervisors/managers.

Supplemental Health Care Reviews by Location