Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

Excellent company to work for in the travel nurse environment, but no real opportunities available for growth or upward mobility.
Registered Nurse, Travel (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 21, 2015
Not able to move up in the company in this particular field. Good company, excellent pay, great travel opportunities. Would recommend this company to anyone interested in just making great money.
Fun place to work but limited advancement
Senior Recruitng Manager (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 5, 2015
Pros: Flexability
Cons: Micro-managment
Flexible fun place to work! Great people but the work is very stressful. As a recruiting manager you are required to make the required number of calls & if missed, even if you had a vacation day you are sent "reminder" emails. Limited advancement if you are not changing roles.
Smooth agency
RN (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Will hire new grads
Working with this agency was mostly easy and smooth. Management would change frequently so who you spoke with about your file could change from month to month. Good pay.
This was a very productive and hardworking place to work.
Administration Assistant/Coordinator (Former Employee), Independence, OHFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: making sure all the hospitals had a hard working nurses that would supply help for sick patients
Cons: no cons
A typical day at work is calling all nurses every Monday to see who and what time frame are they available so that way I would know what hospital needs what type of nurses for the different shifts. Then I would do payroll for the employees /nurses that worked the week before so that they are paid weekly for work. For new nurses, I would assistant them to an online test and upon passing then they would need to take drug testing, and I would do background test on there nursing certificate and make sure they were certified in Ohio to work.
Worked with good people, Enjoyed the Veterans
LPN (Current Employee), Amherst, NYFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: excellent team work
Cons: benefits could be better
Had a good team of RN/LPN/CNA's most of the co-workers tried to help each and make the day as productive and enjoyable as possible. For the most part management was ok, there were some not very approach able but 80% was alright. For the most part it was a good experience
Ft worth tx
LVN (Former Employee), texasJanuary 26, 2015
Cons: horrible company
Do not belive what they say. This company does not pay you what they say. Shorted almost 500 dollars and they won't pay me.
Good company
PHYSICAL THERAPIST ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Florence and ColumbiaJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: friendly staff and you get rewards for working.
Cons: can go without work at times secondary to no work available
I have been with this company since August 2012 to present and the staff has been very good. The longest that I have been without work has been 3-4 wks during the 2 and a half yrs. I love that you get award points for working for the company.
fun place to work
Staffing manager (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 13, 2015
Typical day of work consisted of answering incoming calls from clients, at any time of day, requesting a employee to cover open shifts. Then making outgoing calls to staff to fill the open shifts. Also, monitoring hours worked for the staff.
Do Not Believe What They Say - Don't Waste Your Time
OT (Former Employee), Merriam KSJanuary 3, 2015
Former employee. Merriam KS Office people difficult to work with. Rarely gave me assignments and when they did, the information provided to me or to the facility was always inaccurate.
not impressed
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYDecember 29, 2014
I honestly would not recommend this company. I have never met my recruiter and her team. Ive had nothing but issues when dealing with them.
Great Company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Birmingham, AlabamaDecember 9, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, find assignments quick, checks to make sure you are ok
Cons: have to find own housing
I'm on my first assignment with this company. So far everything has been great. Love my recruiter. She checks to be sure I like where I'm at, and wants to know what's going on. The pay is great, and you get compensated weekly. So far, nothing negative to say about this company.
I would never work for this company again!
PTA, prn (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2014
Cons: read above description
All of the decent staff that worked in the Phoenix, Arizona office have left the company. There is no one you can trust. They send you to jobs that are canceled or don't exist. Very unprofessional. The pay scale has continued to drop and there are no benefits for prn employees. Horrible experience with travel and prn. They barely have any work available. Not worth applying.
great agency
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Corsicana, TXDecember 1, 2014
learned a lot ! great people to work with. the most enjoyable about the job was the diversatiy .
Fun place to work and great perks
ALLIED RECRUITER (Former Employee), Dallas texasNovember 18, 2014
The discount makes it worth it - wonderful company loves there people and community
Unsupportive
RN (Former Employee), Lebenon PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: no real pros at all
Cons: unsupportive, unprofessional
It was my very first travel experience and they sent me to a hospital that was totally unprofessional and did not give me any computer training. The nurses there were throwing out IV antibiotics on patients that were septic. When I asked why they said they didn't have the time to do everything and they didn't tell on each other. The management was not supportive at all and basically threw me in with a pack of wolves. Never again. This experience turned me away from travel nursing. It would have been at least a little better if Supplemental had been more supportive. They basically didn't care and I wanted out of there because I couldn't stand to see the patients not getting good care. They said I had to stay.
Good Staffing Agency
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYOctober 23, 2014
1st time in agency position was positive experience; well compensated for assignment
Misleading
RN (Former Employee), Providence, RIOctober 15, 2014
Pros: traveling
Cons: no time or money to enjoy it.
I'm on my second contract wiyh this company. I wotked in WV and It was horrible. Staff were unprofessional and nobody told me about yhe mandatory overtime. The over yime rate is small, like getting straight pay at ant other job but had to work up to 72 hours a week. The recruiter claimed that they didn't know about all the issues because they just started using them and said they would not send anymore nurses there. I gave them the benefit of a doubt and took another assignment. They grossly underestimated the housing cost and overestimated my take home pay. I'm not making anymore than a regular staff nurse at this hospital but have to work every weekend and can't get Overtime. I told them I was going to put in a 3 week notice and they said they would charge me $20 an hour for every hour I missed gor the entire length of the contract. It was thousands. These were not fines from the facility. Just supplemental Health Care.
LPN for Corrections (Current Employee), Centennial, COOctober 6, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule.
Work in Corrections. Get my assignment. Med pass, do my assessment. Follow through MD orders.
Answer phones
Customer Service
Office equipment
New admits
great
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee), hosuton txOctober 2, 2014
it was a great company to work for. they had great staffing coordinators.
Travel
Home Health Nurse-Oasis C certified (Former Employee), raleigh,ncSeptember 26, 2014
The pay and benefits were great, but assignments werent guaranteed.32.
Headquarters