Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews in United States

Don't waste your time
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSFebruary 5, 2016
You basically sit on the phone all day and cold call nurses. You have strict numbers you have to hit weekly. You get hung up on a lot. You are basically trying to get nurses to leave there comfy full time job to do a travel contract. The travel contract is a hard sell because you are dealing with the IRS and non tax money. There aren't many opportunities for local nurses. The pay for a Staffing Manager/Recruiter is very good. The Bonus Structure is confusing. I was really upset because they only give you 6 paid Holidays so I worked Christmas Eve all alone until 5 pm and the day after Thanksgiving. My manager was very aggressive and you had to have thick skin to deal with her. She micromanaged to a fault. There is a lot of internal favoritism that makes it very stressful.
Front office managers terrible not honest
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 30, 2016
They give work to who they want and then lie and say there is no work..
The office managers are a joke try to bribe u eith gas cards and never produced not one.
They screw up your check weekly so if your not ontop of your hours they screw you.
The supposed office managers are back stabbers and look out for number 1 themselves as long as they book u they get credit regardless if there putting u in jeopardy with your license as long as they get paid.
Was sent to terrible situations always on weekends and they were never around cause they work m-f so u get screwed and they get paid and u have to work in that terrible situation..
Sad place to work for all the promises are lies
Cons
Fun workplace but lacks proper training for management.
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  Livonia, MIJanuary 28, 2016
I love working here but I feel that my manager lacks the proper skills/training to help me excel. The overall job and position is great, with the proper leadership I could see myself staying with this company. My current manager is unprofessional, uses tons of profanity and aggressive behavior that does not help us advance as a team.
experience but not great pay
Lead Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 25, 2016
learned from this company however there is not great compensation plan. If management likes you then you are good to grow with them. If they do not then look for a new option.
Pros
people work there are nice
Cons
pay and politics
Worst decision I have ever made in my entire professional career!!
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  UndisclosedJanuary 22, 2016
And I’ve made a few.
If I could give them zero stars on here, I would. I was totally disillusioned with the entirel staff of my local office. First, make sure that you find out ALL of the details in advance. They are quite deceptive in their recruiting. There are things that the recruiter won't tell you, like you need to maintain 30 hours a week to get and maintain your benefits, and that they only pay you half of your hourly salary for orientation, among many other things that they don’t tell you. My first assignment I was given a rate, and was led to believe that it was a per hour rate, not a per visit rate. Until my paychecks were considerably less than the hours that I submitted. It was only then that the ‘marketing manager’ told me “oh yes, this is a per visit rate”. The second assignment was a complete disaster, especially considering that it was supposed to be with one of the “top notch” health systems in my metropolitan area. You are then told you are guaranteed hours, but you get questioned and threatened not to get paid when the agency is unresponsive to your requests to fill your schedule. They are also quite unresponsive to issues. The 'premier' agency that they place you with has horrible communication, offered no orientation, and I had to learn their documentation system on my own. And then, they won’t pay you for doing the job of another person on YOUR OWN TIME. You need to teach yourself their policies, their computer system, and everything else. When you ask questions, you get no answers, in fact, you get no response at all. When you attempt to discuss
  more... issues with Supplemental, they make it out to sound a s though you are the problem. Not to mention-they will also change your hours and reduce your pay without your knowledge.
When management states they were there to support the nurses, it was only lip service. No professional courtesy. Just trying to get quotas filled for commissions. We as nurses should never put out more effort into follow up than the agencies do. I made multiple attempts to reach out to the office staff and the marketing manager. I was told that I would get my calls returned and never did. Emails were rarely answered. They were definitely NOT an advocate for me. The marketing manager was more concerned with maintaining her personal friendship with the director of the agency. If you value your license, and your sanity, STAY AWAY!! It was an incredibly frustrating, stressful, and negative experience.
Pros
The patients that i served in my time here
Cons
The whole agency is a con
Care more about contracts than people
Contract Full time therapist (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOJanuary 18, 2016
The company was quick to find a opening, 90 min drive from home each way and supportive ot the contractor requiring 1 therapist to cover 3 buildings worth of PTAs usually 6 assistants to supervise on any given day. When management stated they were there to support the therapists, it was only lip service when it came down to the brass tacks.
Best office i have ever worked at
Recruiting Manager (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJanuary 12, 2016
The average day consisted of creating job postings, calling medical professionals to follow up and recruit new talent and creating submission packets for the nurses. This was the best management team i have ever worked for. From the upper management we always had guidance and reinforcement and my divisional manager was one of the best managers i have ever worked for. The office staff was great, even though the recruiters are sharks they would always help you if you needed it. The hardest part of the day was finding enough time to do everything during your shift, though management let you have overtime. The best part of the job was the team of people you worked with and the office culture that the president created. It was a great place to work and has been voted one of the best offices to work in Buffalo
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Base salary
Great organization
Case Manager, Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTJanuary 10, 2016
The staff at this agency will go above and beyond to resolve any/all issues/concerns and will go to bat for their clients.
Pros
Great compensation
Overly Stressful Corporate Environment
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCDecember 8, 2015
Pros
good pay, no long nights, big company with many locations
Cons
stressful, micromanagement, hard sell
worked as contract worker
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Merriam, KSNovember 24, 2015
The work wasn't consistent enough to make a living, had to work other jobs to help out. Recruiter wasn't aggressive enough to find me work in the right area.
Love my job
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Tucson AZ, and Western NYNovember 18, 2015
I love my position as a traveling RN. I have learned from each assignment I have been on. My technical skills are constanly being challenged. I have met the most increadible people. Supplemental Health has been great to me. My recruiter has always taken good care of me when I have needed some changes in assignment. I would recommend them to anyone.
Pros
Bonuses, contributions to HSN, matching 401K
Cons
Contracts are only 13 weeks.
RN Staff - Surgery Admit Unit (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 15, 2015
Very helpful recruiter but lots of redundancy with each new contract/ extension. No local office in the Twin Cities so additional work was not available.
Pros
DocuSign, weekly pay
Cons
No Loyalty bonuses
Not that great
Admitting rep (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 6, 2015
I think that UTSW over all is not a bad place to work-BUT there are clinics that suck the life out of you.. Management is the worst(when they come to work) HR does not address concerns. If you end up in the right place, utsw seems to be great but if you end up in a poorly managed clinic, you will be there 6 months and leave- transferring takes a lifetime so you just leave. PM&R is disappointing and it shows not signs of improving.
Pros
State Ins
Cons
work/life balance, pay, breaks, management, work culture
Never felt as though you were an asset to the company
Payroll Processor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 6, 2015
Everyday was an uphill battle in order to perform your required tasks. As much as I would like to think that I could have had longevity with this company, it was obvious upon starting my employment that you were thought of as "dime a dozen"... There did not seem to be any support to make changes for the better, yet you were scored (evaluated) on a weekly basis. The company repeatedly asked for consistency yet the process was broken. There was no actual (formal) training set into place, pretty much a learn as you go while we score you the whole time. And the weekly score wasn't just your score, you actually were scored based on the office in which you processed payroll for- whom you had never met, nor were you allowed to push back on the items they were getting marked against. Lose Lose situation.
Pros
Paid the bills
Cons
Lack of support and training
great opportunity
Vascular Technologist l (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MINovember 3, 2015
Provided me with on the job training and I really appreciated their efforts in helping me to establish my skills as a vascular technologist. Other technologists were great to work with.
Staffing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 16, 2015
Very high energy and motivated company; dedicated to advancement of their recruiters. Nationwide scope; local focus. Very careful about metrics.
Pros
Free lunches, snacks, SUPER boss
Cons
Long hours, lots of pressure to perform
Great recruiters and staff. Great pay.
PTA (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAOctober 7, 2015
Excellent employer with many per diem opportunities in the Boston Area. The recruiters are very hard working and create a great work environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Mostly Boston Based shifts
Supplemental Healthcare is a very professional informative company
Travel nurse working in emergency departments (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 1, 2015
Supplemental Healthcare is the agency that has assigned me to my travel locations as a traveling nurse. They have guided me through all of the protocols that I have needed to work in a particular hospitals. They keep me up to date on insurance, licenses and certifications needed for a particular assignment and call and email me to check up in me.
Not much chance to advance
Recruitment Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 21, 2015
You will spend the majority of your day chasing down Therapists for very short three month contracts with low bill rates. Must make close to 80 cold calls a day and maintain close to five new hires per week.

It did help me to learn more effective time management skills and ways to maximize my foot print on social networking sites.

Management was good when I first arrived, but then a new Director of Recruitment was hired who then promptly let go of a number of us and brought in her own team from her previous job.

My co-workers were great! I really enjoyed working with each of them!

The hardest part of the job was truly just sitting in once place all day long every day.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to build relationships with the Therapists I worked with every day.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Bad office building, sitting at desk all day, not much room for advancement
Flexible company, efficient
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, New YorkSeptember 14, 2015
Supplemental Health Care is a recruiting company that made my transition from pediatrics to adult rehab easy. They frequently check in to make sure the job placement is a good fit and they are quick to contact supervisors if there are problems.

Supplemental Health Care Reviews by Location