Supplemental Health Care

Supplemental Health Care Employer Reviews

Good
Contract Field Home Health Nurse (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 21, 2014
Great, Compensation and Perks good, Management excellent and cares about the staff
Registered Nurse
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Houston, TXApril 21, 2014
This company did a good job at keeping me working. I was not pleased with the managerial staff and there was poor communication between myself and the agency. The compensation was ok.
RN
Travel Labor and Delivery RN (Former Employee), Newark, NYApril 4, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
Great culture and awesome people! Tina has an amazing team and very great to accommodate. Loved working for them! Hours were nice and quick turn around.
Excellent work environment.
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Current Employee), Fresno, CalifroniaMarch 20, 2014
Pros: wonderful work hours
Cons: no full time
One on one with student in classroom setting. Learned to work in different work environment, hands on with tracheotomy care. Hardest part was leaving assignment. Wonderful experience.
Fun workplace and productive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Taylor, MIMarch 14, 2014
Pros: hour lunches, holidays off
Cons: short hours
Employee different people for different jobs is a typical day and I learned how much I love staffing. The manangement were wonderful people and the coworkers were great! The harderst part of the job is being part time and the most enjoyable part was meeting everyone and actuallly being happy to come to work.
Would not work for them
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), NCMarch 9, 2014
Cons: will tell you anything you want to hear, but will not back it up
I drove 1600 miles to find out they singed contract job I had with them did not exist. They never followed up with the contract. They made me feel like it was my fault and cost me over 3000.00 no reimbursement. Lucky I got my old job back. They also say they have tuition reimbursement but even the corp office had no idea what I was talking about.
Great company
LPN (Former Employee), Waco, TXMarch 9, 2014
Pros: great pay and flexibility
Cons: no benefits if contract employee.
Whether it's local or Travel, Supplemental will never do you wrong!
Dishonest, unorganized and unprofessional management
RN (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 7, 2014
I was told I would make a reasonable amount of pay per hour, would get free health insurance for myself, and get a completion bonus. Upon arriving in St. Louis, MO I was told that I would need to sign another contract because I may be "a tax risk". I had already quit my former job so I was in a spot and had to sign the second contract or be unemployed. – more... The second contract had me making 6 dollars less an hour then the original contract. When I completed the assignment they refused to give me a completion bonus, even though I worked all of the hours that were required of me by the facility. Also, the free insurance for myself was not true either. It was an accidental limb dismemberment policy that was free. In addition they shorted me on my first check by 8 hours and it took them 2 weeks to pay me for the shortage. The list goes on and on, such as the company told me I would get garaunteed 36 hours per week. I was canceled a few days by the facility and it took the company 4 weeks to pay me for the garaunteed hours. The management was uncaring, unprofessional and unorganized! On 2 seperate occasions the manager left me a voicemail and was talking while eating on the voicemail. I could actually hear him chewing and this is how he would answer my concerns by leaving me a voicemail at the end of the day stating he was "working on it" while talking with his mouth full. I do not recommend this company! Stay away! – less
Great work Environment
Warehouse employee (Former Employee), Toledo OhioMarch 3, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: n/a
Warehouse/inventory work. Inventoried warehouse for VPD/Redbox Distributors
Poor compensation on mileage
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2014
Do not recommend unless you want little compensation for mileage. Barely worth it due to wear and tear on vehicle and reimbursement doesn't really cover car maintenance.
great company to work for
LPN/ Travel Nurse (Current Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 12, 2014
I am a caring and productive employee. I believe in being a team player and I am very easy to get along with.
great staff working hard to find best job for everyone.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 7, 2014
great staff working hard to find best jobs available for each individual at best salary rate. great 401K match. great sign on and points benefits.
Nice people, limited opportunities
Per Diem RN (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCDecember 5, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: limited opportunities
The staff is polite enough, but they don't seem to have contracts with very many companies. If you can't (or won't) do Duke Medicine, then you're pretty much out of luck...
Enjoy working for Supplemental Healthcare
Liaison between patient and Doctor (Current Employee), Waltham, MADecember 4, 2013
They have been very supportive.Ive been very please with working for them.Im just looking to see what is available and return to work after being out due to major injury requiring 6 month recovery period
Great place to work!!
Recruiter/ Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 18, 2013
Daily duties..Make contact with nurses regarding schedules, payroll and assignments.. 75 plus cold calls.. Learned how to post and create jobs online, hardest part of the job was not being able to find qualified candidates to feel positions.
Great company to work for with flexible scheduling.
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYNovember 10, 2013
Pros: flexible shcedule.
Cons: no healthcare benefits.
Staffing agency that allowed me to work around my schedule.
An exciting environment to learn new avenues of investing
Sr. Administrative Coordinator/Office Manager (Former Employee), Park City, UTNovember 7, 2013
Pros: great pay, staff and work environment
Cons: business closed, layoffs
Business closed due to economy issues as it was a private investing company.
Great Company, Just no work
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHOctober 30, 2013
Pros: traveling, meeting new people, acquiring new skills
Cons: unreliable work hours
I loved working for Supplemental for the past 4+ years, but the work has trailed off to nothing. I've hung in there because I love the company, but my savings is exhausted and I lost my health insurance because I wasn't averaging enough hours. I've only worked a few days here and there since last June and I'm not interested in working home health. I've – more... really enjoyed traveling, meeting new people, learning new skills, and getting to see just how beautiful Ohio is, but it's time to settle down. – less
Good pay and attentive staff
RN (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 25, 2013
Supplemental has been effective is resolving any problems I have have and also works hard to get you shifts.
On-Site Supervisor
RPO On-Site Supervisor - Parkland Hospital (Current Employee), Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2013
The hardest part of working on-site in a new RPO division is simply the learning as you go.

The most enjoyable piece to working on-site at Parkland is getting to know the employees here and how they believe in the mission.

About Supplemental Health Care

Based in Park City, Utah, Supplemental Health Care delivers wide-ranging workforce solutions that address staffing challenges – Read more