Supplemental Health Care Employee Reviews

I'm always learning new skills and enjoy the challege.
LPN Traveler and Local (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJune 9, 2017
Working as a travel LPN can be challenging and rewarding. My recruiter is awesome and she always look out for me . Each time I take a new assignment , I have an opportunity to go to new city's and states , I've met some really nice nurses and clients and they always won't me to stay. A typical day at work is always challenging, which I love, and I'm always supported by my coworkers . the hardest part of the job is proving who your are . what skills you bring to the team, and your personality .
Pros
If you like to travel and meet new people it's great.
Cons
It can be stressful as a new traveler, and it's very challenging .
Great communication/great management
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHJune 6, 2017
Great place if you want to travel. I have referred many people here. The manager is a great person, and she works well with her employees to find the right fit
Good companty to work for.
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAJune 6, 2017
Overall company has very considerate of employees with good benefits/rewards offered. Very flexible to needs with good placements, high standards of care, maintains employees to compliance standards to provide high quality of care to customers.
Pros
Very high standards to deliver quality of care to customera and for employees.
Cons
Not always able to find full time work
fun workplace and productive.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsMay 30, 2017
Take care of residents and clients in nursing homes and homes. Give medications, take doctors orders, supervise nurses aids, order medication from pharmacy.Refer to cover letter.
Pros
Great work environment.
Cons
Less hours scheduled sometimes.
Agency
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NY 14228May 25, 2017
Hours weren't guaranteed, good pay, and nice staff.
Easy to work with, rewards program for every hour worked.
Weekly pay check, with updated reward points.
Challenging with great benefits
Recruiting Manager (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 24, 2017
There is a lot to do, however it is rewarding. It doesn't feel like a standard sales job as you are looking to make money for others, however it can get overwhelming from time to time. Some days you don't feel like there are enough hours in the day.

Overall, it's a nice place - it's not a typical call center set up. It's more of an office.
Decent place to work
Staffing Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 23, 2017
The staffing industry is a beast in and of itself. Supplemental Healthcare was not a bad company to work for but there were definitely the stresses of staffing
Treated me well
PTA (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTMay 22, 2017
Overall very good and easy to communicate with. Easy to contact when I had questions or concerns. Housing was an issue at times, but they made it work.
Good company
LPTA (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SC and Atlanta, GaMay 9, 2017
Provided adequate work. Had several changes in manangement that was inconveniencing. The salary was competeitive and everyone was nice to work with. Not much more than this
Pros
Salary was competitive
Cons
assignments locations not so appealing
A supportive and accessible supervisor/coordinator.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 7, 2017
My supervisor/coordinator at Supplemental has been very accessible and supportive for my workplace requests. They are very prompt in finding and securing work sites. I would not hesitate to recommend Supplemental to anyone.
Pros
Prompt, supportive, accessible.
Cons
overall
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 5, 2017
I worked for registry, this allowed me to create my own schedules and work around my life events and schooling. I was able to create a solid amount of hours and still allow them to go around my family and my hours for schooling.
Difficult to get hours.
PRN (Former Employee) –  MarylandMay 1, 2017
Sent to several different nursing homes and had odd hours. The company wanted me to work more hours but it was difficult because I already had a full time job and was only looking for evening hours.
Pros
part-time hours
Cons
difficult to the number of hours I wanted.
Assignment was very enjoyable, worked with nice management
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 1, 2017
Assignment lasted longer than anticipated. Staff was very kind and helpful. There were no shortage of supplies to work with. Assignment scheduled worked very well in conjunction with school schedule.
Pros
Nice and clean eating area lunch was 1 hour
Cons
Always had to ask staff person for key to rest room.
Strong Company
Private sector nurse recruiting agency (Current Employee) –  Amherst, NYMay 1, 2017
Good opportunities. Some of the management need to be updated for the company to continue to grow and retain talent. Can be fast paced and exciting but at the same time stressful. You are able to build uo your business but ake n=home will fluctuate with your business.
Pros
Benefits, decent pay and schedule
Cons
Some poor management personel
Supplemental Health care
Surgical Technologist/ Surgical First Assistant (Current Employee) –  Denver, COApril 25, 2017
Working with Supplemental Health Care is one of my best experinces. The people are great and very helpful withever you need. Always there with good days and bad. Love working with them.
Nurse Recruiting Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 25, 2017
Good place to work and learn its a quick fast paced learning environment that you get to work with Nurses and therapist. Credentialing processes and placement.
Great people always eager to help
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Federal Way, WAApril 23, 2017
Company provided great contacts to keep me busy. Management very professional and willing to help. I have referred several therapists to this company.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
minimal
Perfect Traveling Company for Therapy Staff
COTA (Former Employee) –  Reston, VAApril 21, 2017
Incentives for taking highly needed staff positions.
Great housing and expense benefits.
Contact Staff for placement very friendly and helpful.
Very knowledgeable placement staff and contacts.
Pros
Travel positions anywhere in US with benefits
Cons
Not always possible to stay in desired locations for longer than a set time frame.
A great company to work for with Reward programs
LVN (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, TXApril 10, 2017
Working with this company has had its ups and downs. One negative was sometimes there were no availabilities to book me with work. Another big negative was they decreased your salary to pay for lodging, meals and gas while traveling away from home. One positive point was they had a Rewards program for referring people for hire and if hired, you could make $1 for every hour they work. Another positive was the Reward points you earn each pay period in which you can buy nice things from the catalog. The pay and benefits were also excellent. I have learned many more nursing skills while with this company. I have had the opportunity to make friends at a lot of different places that I worked and for the most part got along well with the co-workers.
Pros
Rewards Programs
Cons
The company paying my travel expenses out of my base salary
Good solid company
Travel Nurse ICU (Current Employee) –  NYC areaApril 2, 2017
There so many travel companies to choose from this is just the first one that was recommended to me very nice, they keep you posted on postings.. they're not necessarily the highest paying for the best benefits from what I hear but a lot of the better paint companies you have to work four days a week instead of three.. not my thing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supplemental Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval