Support.com Employee Reviews

Bad customers
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 21, 2016
For some unknown reason it would seem that every customer that called to the center, was only calling to complain or yell.
Pros
good money, work from home
Cons
customers
Worst Company
Tier 2 technical Support (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeNovember 14, 2016
This company is not what you would think of when you first applied. They are so nice before you get hired. Once you get hired. they dont appreciate their agents. they dont fullfill their commitments and promises. Not a company to work for if you are a student. Worst management company. Human Resource dept dont even Keep in contact with you.
Pros
Cons
bad supervisors, management team, human resource
Excellent Company
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 2, 2016
Awesome company to work from home for
take inbound calls for customers experiencing Network issues with their service troubleshooting and phone therapy to help customer resolve issue
you get to work from home so we shouldn't pay you
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNOctober 5, 2016
you get to work from home, but you must maintain a PC that meets their demands, and they have a locked wage, never a raise and only a select few get a monthly "bonus". You have to deal with the worst of humanity in the foreign call centers that don't do their job, lie, and push work your way that you CAN NOT perform.
Pros
work from home, sometimes you can get overtime
Cons
Management, horrible pay, no incentive to stay
customer service
Remote Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Ocklawaha, FLSeptember 30, 2016
I'm a helper and problem solver. support.com was fine, but the contract i was working under was with comcast. they wanted us to repair a customer's wifi with 15 mins, or send them elsewhere. makes no since when it took the call system 30 mins to get the customer to you, so after waiting 30 mins it took the customer 10 mins to vent about the wait time before you could even start on the problem shooting. and even if the router just needed a reboot, takes longer than 15 mins.
Good people, unorganized management
Data Center Operator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 20, 2016
Support.com or SDC as we referred to it was at first a nice start. The job was straight forward and they did well weeding out people who were not of the technical mindset to troubleshoot live issues on the spot. Once on the "floor" things kind of went down hill from there. Sadly management was very lax, and it felt like we had no support system. There was no team structure and the monthly meetings never happened despite being talked about all the time. Sadly their HR department wouldn't even respond to some complaints i had and even in the end tied to turn everything around on me despite having no legs to stand on.
Pros
Good training
Cons
HR department is bias towards their own management, Lax Management, Non Team Environment despite being a team based job.
Promotes off Poor ideals
Remote Support Technician - Floor Support (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJuly 19, 2016
The promotion scheme they have guarantees, poor management in most cases, The metrics you are graded on are open for wild abuse and most of the time the ones that got promoted were the ones who figured out how to cheat the system.
Pros
SOS is pretty open, SOP is pretty lax
Cons
Poor internal promotion scheme
Tough but rewarding job
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 17, 2016
Helping customers nonstop with networking internet trouble can get repeative but it was gratifying to help and get recognitionfor it.
Pros
Feeling good with helping people
Cons
Repeative
Great job for people who have no life outside of work and like to be alone for hours
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAJune 21, 2016
Biggest selling point to SDC is that a majority of their workforce is Remote Technicians. Disappointing part is that a majority of those technicians are contracted out to Comcast which means you get a daily earful of unhappy customers. I had a great time at SDC while I was there, made okay money and spent a lot of time doing things I probably shouldn't have been doing... which looking back at what I was up to being 20-21 years old was great at the time. Tons of fun. Be prepared, if you don't have friends or company outside of work this job will not provide you people to hang out with. Period. You're a remote tech and the nearest technician to you is probably an hour away at minimum if you're so lucky to find that one lonely soul. Beyond that the management is all remote as well so its almost impossible for them to have excellent communication with you, which depending on how you look at it can be a good or a bad thing. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with the customers themselves, you'll get unruly ones once in awhile which isn't terrible, but it becomes monotonous over time and really kills your morale and eventually faith in humanity. Would I work this job again? Sure, why not. Would I recommend it to a friend? Yep, did it, they aren't the biggest fan of it either. Is it a terrible job? Far from it. If you or someone you know has a desire to fix WIFI in the nude, this is definitely 100% the job for you.
Pros
Work naked, don't have to leave your house, if you have a great face for radio this is a perfect match
Cons
Comcast customers are some what unfriendly, doing the same thing over and over again gets annoying after awhile.
Great Job
Customer Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Scott, KSMay 31, 2016
A couple of weeks after starting this job I learned that my Father was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. HR and management bent over backwards to help me during this very difficult time.

Want to know more about Support.com?

Ask a question
Work at Home
Remote Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Reading, PAMay 6, 2016
Technical support AT home for third party vendor for Comcast. Wireless networking support and home security. I use my home office to work, so I do not see other employees.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Very little Management support. Tools never work.
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 5, 2016
Bosses expected more than most could give and yelled at you for taking too long on a call. Mandatory overtime was not in the job description. Company ended up transferring all sales jobs to another country
Loved some of my co-workers, but the company was terrible
Personal Technology Expert (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 21, 2016
SDC was a good idea and I understand that it used to be a good place to work, but they made some bad decisions. One of those was off-shoring most of our jobs to India. They really screwed over a lot of employees, and those of us who were left felt incredibly insecure and had no reason to trust the company. I was one of those who were given the opportunity to stay, but had to take a pay cut and switch roles. I left as soon as I could, because the morale was horrible and the feeling everywhere was that there were more layoffs coming (and indeed, more layoffs happened shortly after I left).
Pros
You can work from home, and I learned a lot
Cons
Terrible treatment, no support from management, layoffs
Easy but dead-end job
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIMarch 15, 2016
This job is very simple if you can follow directions and understand computers/internet. Most problems can be solved by following a flow chart or with simple troubleshooting. The customers can often be infuriating but are mostly pretty easy to deal with.

Outside of the actual job, the management is horrible. I worked here for 1 year and had 8 different supervisors. Out of those 8 supervisors, only 3 of them were competent, 2 of which got demoted/fired. From the time I started working, they did nothing but downsize management, leaving no room for advancement, even if they say otherwise. When I worked there, I did not hear of a single promotion, only a few people being transferred to a different department.

The hours are pretty consistent at 40, however, they don't understand how many people need to be hired and you will often be requested or even required to take overtime.

I would not recommend working here unless you really need a job, or really enjoy this type of work and don't want to advance.
Pros
compensation for performance, steady hours, work from home
Cons
horrible management, no advancement
Excellent work at home IT job
Remote Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Home office basedFebruary 3, 2016
Work from home IT job, great company culture and teams, good benefits. The only drawback is very low pay. Perfect work at home employer. I needed to stay home to care for a family member but still needed an income. I'm grateful for working for such a great company that fit my needs.
Pros
Great management, good systems, fostered team enviornment, generally immediate hire availabilty, monthly reimbursement for computer
Cons
Poor pay, generally non-flexible hours until you've reached top performer level
Terrible Place to work
Remote Desktop Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 4, 2016
-No Public holidays, training told you that you will be getting 8 hours time off if you worked on a public holiday but that is not true.

-Terrible work hours, you are almost guarantee to never get or even close to the schedule you want.

-Absolutely horrible customer, if you in for verbal abuse then go ahead and apply for the job.

-You will be working for comcast as their technician, they wont tell you in the job description.

-Very low pay, for a technician job you can get better pay else where

-Lunch hours is not included in the paycheck
Pros
Work at home
Cons
Very deceptive work description, with horrible pay
Not a good experience.
Home Networking Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 25, 2015
Long hours, stringent metrics, inflexible and unpredictable scheduling, lack of opportunity for advancement, abusive customer interactions on a regular basis. Very frustrating, boring, repetitive job. Do not recommend.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Read a script, scheduling process, abusive customers
Horribad and terribly misleading
Remote Service Technician (At-Home) (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CANovember 1, 2015
I signed up for a chat position to help troubleshoot computer issues. But SDC doesn't tell you that that isn't what you will do. Instead, they wait until the day training starts to tell you you'll be working for Comcast and taking calls to help with their wifi.

NOT what I signed up for.

Comcast customers are notoriously rude, belittling you because they can, management moves every 10 minutes like pawns on a chessboard, never being where you need them to be but being in your face when you don't, coworkers are decent but the majority will condescend you if you don't know something you should. The percentage of those that will help you are few and far between. And even still, most coworkers are just as bad, if not worse than floor supervisors.

I had a call where a customer was threatening my life and the supervisor took her sweet time getting to me and by the time she did, she acted as if she didn't want to take the call. Since as an RST slave for Comcast, you HAVE to take their verbal assault. You can't say SQUAT nor can you hang up. And some people say some awful things.

I had NO LIFE the ENTIRE time I worked for them. Worked from 10am until heck knows when because calls never really stopped. On top of that, when you DID want time off, there were so many hurdles to jump and approvals to get that I just ended up saying EFF IT and called in sick. And even doing THAT, you need to call some SDC number, email your supervisor, email your team leader and THEN once you're back, you have to fill out some form. It's so unnecessary.

And vacation time? Good luck. Unless you've
  more... been there a few years, you won't get anything except Voluntary Time Off, which is where you sign up for an hour or so off in increments IF they're available. Other employees took them so often, I never saw any available.

The ONLY pro is paid training. I say if you're in between jobs, take this job and do the training. The training is 5 weeks and you get paid, plus you learn something. After training, if you found something else, SPLIT. There's nothing good on the end of THIS rainbow.

And working at home is great in all, but the work/life balance isn't there. It's just work. You have no time for anything. All RSTs are more than likely going to work the mid shift, which is 10am to 11pm. And the 11pm is not guaranteed since you might get a call the very last minute you're waiting and you have to take it.

You will like this job if:
- You need a job desperately
- You have thick skin (and I mean Fantastic 4 "The Thing" thick)
- You enjoy disconnected management
- You enjoy doing nothing but working all day/night
- You have no plans EVER because vacation time? PFFT, what vacation?
- Oh, you want a morning shift? Sorry, you have to bid on it along 200+ others in your region AND can only do so after 60 days from your start date.

Otherwise, MOVE ON.
FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS GLORIOUS AND DEEP FRIED, FIND SOMETHING ELSE.

Peace~
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Nonexistent management, so much stress, mandatory overtime, low pay, no internet credit, NO LIFE
Working from home is alright?
Remote Desktop Support (Current Employee) –  Work form homeOctober 20, 2015
Taking 20+ calls a day, working from home is okay, but it really starts to drag on you never leaving the house. Metrics are a big deal, and a lot of required things to stay just to meet QA standards
Not condusive to 'taking care of the customer'. Work hours changed regularly, so it was difficult to have a 'normal' schedule.
Solutions Engineer (Former Employee) –  Work from home. Cocoa, FLOctober 13, 2015
Most managers were flexible and worked with the employees, but there were some employees who had a rough time if they didn't get along with their supervisor. For the most part, it was a typical 'call center' environment. The bright spot was the other employees. The company kept track of stats and employees were 'dinged' for spending too much time with customers. They didn't seem to care about customer satisfaction.
Supervisors changed every 6 months with the schedule. This was difficult.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the interaction with other employees. Most of the customers were nice and easy to work with.
Upper management experience was NOT positive. They were more interested in the bottom line and how to get more work out of people than they were with employee satisfaction.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Tied to your chair the whole time, No support from upper management, Kept adding responsibilities with no added incentives or benefits.