Support.com Employee Reviews

Great
Remote Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALSeptember 18, 2017
There is a friendly atmosphere and a feeling of camaraderie. There is a feeling like you belong. they always find great jobs to place you at and always willing to help out.
Legit work from home tech job
Remote Network Services Technician (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLSeptember 15, 2017
Can't beat the location, flexible schedules, management needs a little work (just stretched thin), great benefits, overall a great learning experience for an entry level IT support position
Pros
Schedule, work from home, advancement opportunities in house, benefits
Cons
Low salary but opportunities available to make more money with extra hours and advancement
N/a
Personal Technology Expert (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CASeptember 13, 2017
It's just like working at a standard call center except you're at home. Nothing super great or bad. It's completely average work for completely average pay.
End job, no advancement
Remote Service Technician (Current Employee) –  from homeSeptember 5, 2017
Low pay, Horrible tools, No form of pay raise.
If you really want to get into IT as a starting position, working from home is great. However, shift bids may place you at times you'd rather not be working.
Pros
Parts of the year have slower call volumes, from hom
Cons
Some parts of the year are back to back calls all shift, low pay, tools can break regularly, no real documentation to show exactly how to fix issues.
Relaxed working environment
Remote Service technician (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 3, 2017
A typical day was fairly slow paced and balanced with decent call volume and for the most part decent interactions with customers, easy to use tools and active management made a very smooth working environment
It's nice to work from home, but just not enough to live on.
Remote Guest Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CASeptember 1, 2017
My biggest gripe with SDC is how quickly advancement potential gets frozen. If I had become a mid-level supervisor making a few more dollars per hour, not only would I be better off economically, but I'd be more engaged and satisfied with my work. However, the combination of no raises/pay reviews with lowish beginning wages and the continual increase of work load with no extra incentive to produce the exemplary work they try to sparkle down your throat to motivate you to produce is infuriating.

Not having to wear pants is a benefit in and of itself. But I have bills, and need big boy wages now.
Pros
Work from home, no commute, no pants.
Cons
"Keep being amazing, and doing more and more things, all amazing. ...But...we're not gonna pay you more."
No Review Left
Home Networking Remote Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2017
Not Interested in writing a review...Why force us to write a review for a company I feel abuses it's employees? not as in physical, but in stress, lack of value, low payroll, no raises, most expensive benefits seen anywhere (cheaper to buy your own locally).
No review necessary
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXAugust 25, 2017
The company takes care of its own. Its a work from home position that requires knowledge of modern electronics. Not a bad position at all. I enjoyed myself there.
Support.com
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAAugust 23, 2017
The work was very overwhelming for the pay considering intense training, having to learn all the tools and be expected to perform almost immediately upon taking calls.
Cons
short breaks, not flexible with scheduling
Not a place to start a career
Remote Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Work from homeAugust 20, 2017
You're going to get moved around the company a lot and expect to do more for the same pay slightly above minimum wage. No matter how hard you try or give it your all, you will not be noticed to get into any better position.

When I first begun working at Support.com in 2015 it felt like a place to start a career then about 3-4 months into the job I realized how quickly Support.com is nothing more than a careless call center operation and that you're nothing but a number on a spreadsheet to them.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Terrible management, no flexibility in schedule anymore, Angry Comcast customers most often.

Want to know more about Support.com?

Ask a question
difficult working environment, little communication
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee) –  RemoteAugust 20, 2017
It is very difficult to get a schedule that works with life in a work-from-home setting. Little management interaction, no management feedback for concerns.
Pros
work-from-home
Cons
lacks management involvement on technician level.
OK if you MUST work from home
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 10, 2017
Underpaid, poorly managed. No raises in 8 years, no career advancement opportunities to speak of, no bonuses. Revenue over $100 mil yet the company is barely staying afloat. ZERO job security.
Pros
Benefits do exist, work from home
Cons
Everything else
Support.com is a job.
RST/Newhire Mentor/CST (Current Employee) –  Redwood City, CAAugust 7, 2017
Support.com is great for anyone looking for a job that is work from home. It is not a career as you will never get a pay increase and although they do insist they promote from within it will not happen. The churn rate is high and the work repetitive. If you need something temporary between jobs it will work for you. If you are looking for long term employment steer clear.
Pros
Pay above min wage
Cons
No pay increases ever
overall Great job
Work for tech support and sales for ComCast (Former Employee) –  Seville, OHAugust 1, 2017
It was an easy position
it was nice to work from home
It was hard to pay the bills
Technology was a barrier to doing the job well
Overly willing to blame the rep for issues
Pros
working from home
Cons
pay was too low
Lots of promises with no follow through, high turnover
Client Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHJuly 31, 2017
I was a CST making 11$ full time working from home.

I was able to get through 4 weeks of training, pass all the certifications and I quit the first day of nesting. They don't prepare you for the job at all during training. Their turnover rate is insane. My class went from 30 to 10. I'd get the job for the free money from training then quit. Not a job worth having.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Hours, pay, no useful training
Just don't
Client Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 26, 2017
Work from home but terribly poorly managed. The scheduling is atrocious and you have almost zero control of it. As a work from home worker, you would expect a certain level of control being that you choose to work from home because you need more flexibility. You won't find that here.

Definitely high stress, there was more than a few people outright crying on their first/second week of floor work. Not to mention that over half the training class quit the 3rd week after finding out about our horrible schedules.

Slightly unethical and lack of clarity in their job recruitment as well, hired for one thing but put into a training class for something else. Offered a job with certain schedule promises, find out 3rd week into training that the policy changed while we were in training and they will no longer honor the job offer statement.

Don't waste your time, this isn't a real tech position, this is glorified customer service but you're to do well you have to know more than they train you for which allows them to keep how much they pay you very low.

Advancement is lateral, the only way you get to those positions would be for someone to quit.
Pros
Cons
Scheduling, not enough managers, lack of clarity, broken promises
Caring Trainers and Even more caring Supers
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee) –  South Beloit, ILJuly 5, 2017
I worked here for a little while and came in during the Winter time. The trainer I had was extremely fun and helpful. When I made it to a team, my Team Lead was extremely understanding when I had to leave due to not having anyone to watch our 3 year old.
Pros
Good Pay, 5 day shifts
Cons
Schedule is chosen based on training performance, but if you work hard and pay attention, you can easily get the one you choose.
So far so good
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee) –  RemoteJune 21, 2017
A typical day is just like at a call center, but the best part about that is working from home. So far the trainers and the manager that have been assigned to me have been great. The only issue I have is pay is really low. Some positions pay better but for the same position at other companies are higher. It is great for experience though, so overall the company is pretty great.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
pay rate
Its comcast support.
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee) –  Gastonia, NCJune 21, 2017
Not a bad work from home position if you like never having your suggestions taken seriously or having any sort of work/life balance. Would always schedule me to work on days I had requested off months in advance, but they would give me days before and after off as if that made up for it. Supervisors will often push for impossible handle times for the job given. Tools were always changing and made the job very hard to learn or keep up with. Any issues with their tools are often blamed on your equipment even if the issue is on their end. You are given a "training" that barely covers the actual knowledge needed for the job and just thrown out in the wild to figure it out for yourself, good luck without having a VERY strong technical background.
Pros
late start days the norm
Cons
VERY difficult to schedule time off with. Managers wont take suggestions on how to improve.
Maybe it was nice at one point, but not now.
Home Networking Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 19, 2017
Company cares not for employees and the largest contract Comcast is horrid. Both large corporations and advancement is only if you "play ball" and do as they say. Words that work and branding each call at begining and end mentioning products customers dont care about, it all about the bottom dollar. For SDC and CC. Im looking for new employment now.
Pros
I sit at home.
Cons
Everything else with SDC

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Support.com. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9