Support.com

Support.com Employer Reviews

It's the military, what do you expect?
Solutions Engineer (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: great benefits, good for long term af career
Cons: horrible translation to civilian career
Command Post is a great job if you plan on making a career of the Air Force. It has rotating shift-work, but is generally safe and even deployments tend to be to hardened facilities.

If you get out of the military, though, it is -extremely- difficult to get civilian jobs to recognize your military experience as a supervisor or in command post duties as something to be taken seriously.
Work from home
Remote Service Technician (Current Employee), Flowery Branch GeorgiaDecember 29, 2014
It is great to get to work from home and see my family. Lots of overtime and the job is not that hard to do.
Good job if you're not looking for any advancement and can put up with lots of stress
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee), HomeDecember 9, 2014
Pros: ability to work from home
Cons: healthcare, management practices, pay
Support.com is a mid size company that specializes in fixing people's computers by using a program they made to remote into computers, called Nexus. The company's biggest earner is Comcast, who shells out to them for contracted work for wireless tech support. I know there are worse jobs out there, for sure, but this is a pretty horrid place to work.

If you're hired as a remote work from home technician, you only have one pay - no advancements. Ever. They pay you an amount per hour and then 50 cents extra to account for use of your own materials. When I started that meant I made $10.25 an hour. You get reviews, but no matter how horrible or good you do at your job you're never going to get a pay raise. Make no mistake, this is a call center. So things are going to change constantly. If you're working in the comcast pool as a remote services technician, Comcast makes decision about what they want and support.com has to abide by it. That said however, management throws loops at you with no backing and no warning. I've seen the script you have to go by do a 180 and be required to be changed in a day. When you take 15-20 calls a day that's hard to get a handle on. Lunch is unpaid, breaks are paid. You get two fifteen minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. Also, they just recently went to flex scheduling. So, you have one locked day in off, and one day off that can float between two available days off. And your shift start time can change 1.5 hours earlier or later than it's scheduled to start. That makes it extremely difficult to plan things, schedule doctor's appts more than a week – more... out, etc. Support.com does give you paid time off and what is called floating holidays. These accumulate the more time you work there, for a total of 5-7 days off total I believe, which you can use at any time as long as it's approved. However, if you miss any time not pre-approved for an emergency that should arise it will be counted against your metrics that are released every week. Three missed times in a 30 day period and they start giving you warnings.

Ultimately people should remember that this is a call center. You have a script they want you to follow and you get audited on it at least once a week. You're organized into teams with a supervisor and your schedule changes once every three months with you bidding on a new schedule, and your metrics deciding if you get the schedule you want. Have good audit score, good metrics based on other things such as how much work you missed and you'll get the shift you want. Don't have that good of metrics and you're stuck with a shift you may not want.

You do get benefits such as health benefits, 401k, etc that start a month after you start. They're expensive however, with a family plan with a $500 deductible setting you back about $400.

And of course this job is incredibly stressful, not necessarily because of the company, but because people treat you less like a person on the phone and more like a yelling stick. They will curse you, yell at you, occasionally be nice to you. Walking customers through things and them not understanding you is very stressful too. You have an average handle time to worry about, the average amount of time you're on a call, that your supervisor will hound you about.

The good thing about this job is that you get to work from home. You save on gas and maintenance costs for your car. – less
good place to work
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee), homeNovember 28, 2014
great place to work, nothing much more to say. just connecting devices and networking
You will probably work for Comcast.
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee), USANovember 12, 2014
Pros: work at home, its pays, easy.
Cons: gets isolating, frustrated comcast customers, no raise.
It was good in the beginning but it became very isolating after a year and I'm an introvert. It was never mentioned on the application or during the interview that I would be working for Comcast as Tier 2 type technician so I was doing WiFi and Internet troubleshooting and no computer troubleshooting. Overall the experience was good for a inexperienced college grad. This company has other tenants under their wing so you might be able to jump to another position down the road or take on a supervisor position.
Good first job for IT support
Home Network Support (Former Employee), Redwood City, CANovember 9, 2014
Very fast paced, not the funniest job but will be a good place to get job experience.
If pay is your main concern keep on looking
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee), Redwood City, CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: work from home, convenient
Cons: short breaks, low pay
You work from home which is nice. You avoid the before and after work rush. However when you clock in be prepared to actually work. A slow day at Support.com does not happen too often and when it does you average 10 minutes inbetween calls. They only hire full time for $10.25 an hour (9.75 plus 0.50 reimbursement).
Great Company for Work At Home environment
Remote Services Technician (Current Employee), Davie, FLNovember 2, 2014
Pros: work from home, health benefits, 401k
Cons: schedule might take time away from family
Management and HR easy to work with and will help you as much as possible for you to succeed. Good communication with Team Members even though it is remote and communication is via chat or phone.
Positive enviroment with a fun and great place to work
Field Support Manager (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAOctober 15, 2014
• Lead Field Support Manager across all customer verticals and developer of field tools for Support Engineers.
• Lead Developer for the Field Support Manager boot disk. Since the first year the disk’s creation, it has saved Support.com an estimated $3.5 million from saved truck rolls.
• Aided in all escalated and legal tickets from our clients and ensured a positive resolution for the customer.
• Assisted in testing with our systems’ work flow application and service delivery management system.
• Traveled to different cities for field support training sessions, road-show campaigns, marketing events, and product demonstrations.
Least technical Tech Support job ever.
Remote Service Technician (Current Employee), Work at homeOctober 10, 2014
Pros: work at home
Cons: soul loss, lack of training for major system changes, etc..
Due to recent changes in how we handle customers (thank you, Comcast) this job is less about actually helping with tech issues and more about providing a voice to the interactive script they give you.

If you've not been working here before the changes I guess it's okay but it's soul wrenching to know you used to be able to actually help people and now that has been ripped away.
Good place to work for, work from home.
Solution Engineer (Former Employee), Yuma, AZSeptember 26, 2014
worked from home over my own internet connection. Management and co workers were scattered across the nation. Good job to have if you like the idea of working from home in phone support
A typical help desk job
Remote Service Technician (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INSeptember 25, 2014
Working at support.com is a fun and educational experience. learning how handle costumers and solving basic networking and internet connection issues is the bulk of the job. a great place for an IT professional to start their career.
It was a love/hate relationship
Service Engineer (Former Employee), Utica, NYSeptember 5, 2014
While it started out being a job I completely loved doing, it went consistently downhill. When I was hired, there was a point of pride during the hiring process that the job was a call center but it was "unscripted" and 100% US based. This changed over the course of the following 2 years. More and more scripting requirements were added. Then came the time requirements. Then the mandatory flow charts. Basically turning us from techs into drones reading a computer screen. This all ended with a month and a half straight of promises not to lay anyone off, followed up by a mass conference call that consisted of "At the end of this call you no longer have jobs" followed by a click...and 200 some odd people being kicked out of the system, with no warning at all, no opportunity to grab reference info from supervisors or former supervisors, nothing.
Forced Overtime, Lies to Unemployment Offices
Remote Support Technician (Former Employee), Redwood city, CA (remote posisition)August 28, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: forced overtime, unsupportive staff, outsourced qa, 'scores' can screw you, etc.
This company looked promising however has been the bane of my existence after a few months in.

All your calls are recorded and the staff that grades your performance is out sourced and don't even speak english... Usually making mistakes and causing you problems.

You must follow the 'flow' the flow is an arbitrary guideline on how to do your job and how to talk to a customer. You are required to show empathy and other things while speaking with a customer, you are also not allowed to actually help them... Most of the calls you get will be saying sorry.. following your flow and either transferring the call (again) or telling them they need to pay for support.

Be aware if you can't get your computer to connect for a few days, you'll be fired.... but you cannot collect unemployment because they'll tell the state you quit and call say you were 'uninterested in working' I filed 4 times and was turned down each time by the state.

Forced overtime is a legal requirement if they start it again, you will be fired if you don't come in on your forced overtime (without any notice).

This company SCREWED me hard. No unemployment, they lied about the conditions I had to leave in.
Remote Service Technician (Current Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: experience
Cons: pay
A Great Intro into the I.T world
Alright job but they always end horrible
Home Network Specialist (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORAugust 14, 2014
Pros: paid training
Cons: forced overtime 50-60 hours /week even if you are a student or parent, bad endings, horrible hr, slow communication (3-7 day turnaround for a reply from anyone except your supervisor).
This is a job that started off decent, however there was a system wide outage, then had some issues; followed IT's instructions on how to fix and they broke their own tools they did not know how to fix it either as they had copy and paste all that was available, I mean this too more than one IT person used the same terms word by word. When I was outside of policy they wanted me to keep working but for free! Yes I mean it; I worked with their IT logged in and ready and trying to fix things 5+ hours a day and they took a week's pay and erased it. Later I filed unemployment and they are trying to fight that saying I left on my own however they said I was terminated because IT could not resolve in a short amount of time and have a letter in writing stating termination; now because of this company I have to fight them with an administrative law judge just to be able to live while I find new work.

Again main point, they are great during hiring and training, average for the main job, but they try to cut all ties and wreck everything in the end.
Not a long term job
Remote Services Technician (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHAugust 13, 2014
Pros: work from home, extensive benefits
Cons: work from home, little merit recognition, little chance of promotion/raise, call center job means call center woes
Support.com was good for a while, and I was excited to get to work. I have never gotten to work from home before, so it was a very novel experience. My heart sank quite a bit when I learned I would be basically working for Comcast as a "Teir 3" technician. The customers usually have no idea they are talking to another company, so they give you all the frustration they picked up along the way. There is little recognition for the effort and skill you put into helping a customer, and your score is never decided by the customer and how satisfied they are, but by an overly complicated quality assurance assessment. The disadvantage to working from home is the extreme lack of social interaction; all your communication is mostly a company chat server or e-mail. In all, this job is not something I would recommend long term. The amount of unimaginable frustration versus how much one is paid is not in the employee's favour. Also, do not expect a pay raise or promotion; you will probably never see one.
Great place to work if your flexible
Remote Services Tech. (Former Employee), Redwood City, CAAugust 11, 2014
Pros: easy job, great entry level
Cons: pppppppppppaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyy
Working here was easy. The pay was low beyond belief but breaking into the IT industry this served as a great starter. I did learn a few things but most things were about the technology in the world we were working with such as connecting a wifi scale to a network. Yes I have had this one. The managers and even the coworkers are fine but the call ques turned into monsters once my tenant Comcast was offered free to customers. While it was a boost for company pay mine did not.
Work from home Technical Support
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee), Donald, ORJuly 25, 2014
Pros: learning about new technology
Cons: low pay and the use of my personal computer system that eventually fried before training ended.
Typical day was logging in to the Webinar, and learning in an on-line based classroom environment. I learned a lot of information about how to troubleshoot and support Modem/Router issues from a remote desktop setting. The trainer was awesome, and struck me as the kind of guy I'd like to work with and for at every job. Hardest part of the day was getting everyone to get back from break or lunch, or to just calm down enough to allow the trainer(s) to help other classroom/EIT (Employees in training) to get the tools working and functioning correctly. Learning new information about modems and routers and how they function and the many ways to repair or fix them remotely.
Toxic place even for entry level
Remote Service Technician (Former Employee), Redwood City,CAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: no commute
Cons: pretty much everything the company and job stand for
The only "good" thing about working here is being home, if you don't mind not being able to have coworkers. All others aspects of the job are bad, starting with the way the schedules vary, nothing is certain from week to week, when the schedule changes so does your team and supervisor , have been in about 5 teams with different supervisors in the same amount of weeks, The company only cares about that aht ( average handle time) they would rather you finish a call faster than do what you can to help a customer. everything is micromanages down to what time on what day you take a break. The supervisors are next to useless and offer very little to help. As always its better to know someone then to have the know how to resolve customers issues ( think chicks who have nice pics and chat up a storm becoming trainers in a few months vs the techs who know their stuff being assigned to trainers). PTO and "paid holidays" have to be accrued before you can use them, get sick during the month? better hope you have some PTO accrued and even then you will be marked with an unexcused absence. Team meetings happen so rarely its been a few months now since last one I remember , one-one meetings with supervisor are pretty much just to bash you for "poor performance".Honestly if the contracts did not dictate that the workers have to be stateside they would source all the work to India.I would avoid working here if I had to do it over, but then again all the call center jobs are garbage with an incredible turnover rate, good luck with your job hunt.

1 2 3

About Support.com

Support.com wants to be a pillar of tech support. The company's Web-based support software proactively identifies and repairs – Read more