SupportSpace

SupportSpace Employee Reviews

Independent Contractor Technical Support
Remote Service Technician - Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Davie, FLNovember 2, 2014
Pros: make your own schedule
Cons: pay depends on the hours you put in
Work from home, you are your own boss. Have a contract with vendors to take customers and assist with technical issues with computers
Supportspace
Information Security Consultant (Former Employee), remote employeeMay 8, 2014
Pros: remote work allowed for scheduled service
Cons: buggy software, no prescreener for callers
Make your own hours, friendly co workers, remote work. software would route callers with technical home computer problems. most work was done with logmein software, for no internet activity troubleshooting over phone. very competitive environment for consulting on computer issues.
Fast paced work place
OPS Agent (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAApril 9, 2014
Shifts go by very fast due to all the calls that come in back to back.
Not a place you want to be
Certification Coordinator (Former Employee), South San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2014
Typical startup and went under already. Management was poor, no communication at all. Bad scheduling.
Working here was brief and it was also part time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 9, 2013
Pros: boring night job, part time.
Cons: great starting pay
I would come in to work and just spend time in front of the computer waiting for a call from someone or I would go looking for clients that need help with computer repair over the phone. figure out how to do my job better and also how the company could work out some issues with tools to better engage with potential clients. I would then have some days spent calling potential technicians needing to get hired and question them if they know what they are talking about in order to repair clients PC's. I would then relay them back to my managers with either a pass or fail evaluation.
Great income for home office experience.
Independent Contractor/IT Consultant (Current Employee), South San FransiscoSeptember 13, 2013
I have had a great experience working for this company. High compensation and customizeable work schedule has helped me prioritize my obligations with family and friends while still bringing in a healthy income. The most difficult part of the job may be that there are relatively few means of seeking assistance when presented with more challenging situations. In this case one is often left alone to figure out the solution. That being said, it has also helped to improve one's own resourcefulness when dealing with unfamiliar problems that need to be solved.
supportspace had what I was looking for
Remote Support Technician (Current Employee), virginia beach, VAAugust 2, 2013
Pros: work from home, make your own hours, make as little or as much as you want, no supervisor breathing down your neck
Cons: work is not stable, no health benefits, payments are sometimes blocked
when I first started this company it was great they allow you to make your own hours and work as little or as much as you would like. at the time I got hired in they had multiple contracts with several companies that provided us with plenty of work, that is no longer the case, now the only way you can make money with this company is to have your own clientele. they no longer hold any contracts so as of right now there is now work. I did love how it allowed me to spend more time with my loved ones and there was no commute to work. I was making more money than I ever did at any other job I ever had. I loved the fact that I was able to work from home doing something I loved. I hope the company can bounce back because I am very proud to be a part of them and would like to continue my journey with them.
Best place I ever worked!
Senior Manager, Expert Community and Operations (Current Employee), South San Francisco, CAJuly 30, 2013
Pros: everything
SupportSpace provided an amazing opportunity where I could learn and grow. By far one of the best places I ever worked!
Supportspace Review
IT Expert / IT Contractor (Current Employee), Mills River NCJuly 24, 2013
Pros: work from home; flexable hours
Cons: lack of work; low pay
When I first started with supportspace the job had lots of potential. The pay scale was great and the ability to work from my home office really helped. Since then, supportspace is has lost some major accounts causing the workload and pay scale to drop considerably.
work at your own pace
Technical Support Expert (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 1, 2013
Pros: work at ur own pace
Good place to work I don't have any complaints about it.
you work at your own pace you take as many calls as you want.
Decent I guess...
Online Virtual Technician (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 13, 2013
Pros: can work when you choose, decent holiday pay and promotions
Cons: there is no job advancement, arbitrary payblocks, inbound calls are unfiltered
I've worked in IT contracting for over 10 years, and Support Space is not a bad company to work for. They used to be a lot better, and their culture is vastly influenced by their biggest partner, Best Buy and Geek Squad.

You can work when you want to work, as there's no set hours, but you can schedule yourself for a boost when need be. Their documentation by session rules are a little ridiculous. There's a lot of repetition in the work, and if there's a problem there's no warnings. Meaning, you screw up they can and will fire you without notice. They also constantly audit your sessions, and routinely payblock people for any number of different reasons. What was legitimate the month before may not be legitimate now, as a reason to block you. Personally, it's hard for me to work for a company that uses varying logic as to why it denies payment for legitimate sessions.

Also, as Best Buy and Geek Squad slashed employees from their inbound call centers, call quality for Support Space has really gone down the toilet. It's quite common for techs to receive 10 calls that are completely unsupportable to one that is. This by itself can be frustrating as you see half a day roll bye, and very little to show for it, as you're not getting paid to tell those clients their problems can't be supported over the net.
Convenient work schedule
Remote support specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAMay 21, 2013
Pros: work schedule
Cons: monthly pay
I work on solving technical issues on PCs and sometimes MACs. I also remove viruses and perform PC Tuneups. I have learned a great deal about customer service and how to maintain and improve great communication skills. It can sometimes be difficult to keep up to date with all of the companies regulations due to the fact that I am a contractor. I keep up to date by attending optional seminars. I enjoy working on computer and I have since a very young age, so that is definitely a plus.
Terrible company to work for
Tech SUpport (Former Employee), N/AMay 1, 2013
Cons: everything
This is the worst company on the planet.

Management is terrible. The certification process is a joke. They lie. THey cheat. Etc. They need to be sued.
Might not get paid
Tech Support Representative (Current Employee), AnywhereApril 21, 2013
Pros: work anytime, anywhere
Cons: might not get paid
Work anytime and anywhere. Might not get paid.

Take about 5 hours worth of testing without pay.
Start taking unfiltered calls for services you may or may not perform.
Hope the customer has a plan and you're able to pull them up.
Perform the service to the guidelines they set for you.
Hopefully get paid.
helpful and time compatiable place
IT technicition (Current Employee), californiaFebruary 27, 2013
support space is an independent contracting based job that allows employees to work and learn with the clients they have
the management is not always there when you need them but they do try to get back too you from time out of their busy schedule. the most enjoyable part and also the hardest part of the job is not know who im gonna work with on each individual call .
Flexible schedule
Technical Support Guru (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 25, 2012
Pros: exellent compensation
Cons: contract work
Worked with a multitude of customers from all around the world. From socioeconomic background. Did support for all software and peripherals for MS. Geeksquad, HP and 47 other companies in the spectrum of IT for all makes and models of computers and all MS operating systems. Maintained a five out of five star customer service rating for entire time there. 24 months.

October 28, 2012

Yeah........this sounds like a scam where you put in lots of hours and don't get paid whatsoever.

Work on your own time.
Remote Support Tech (Current Employee), Parma, OHJune 22, 2012
Typically I would work 12-6 or until my personal goal was met per day. With no supervision, all of the problem solving was left to me. The company gives me every tool I need to fix various problems and sets me up with a live chat system to bounce ideas and problems off other experts...