Supreme Court of Virginia Employee Reviews

Judicial Hearings
Commonwealth Magistrate -5th Judicial District (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VirginiaSeptember 24, 2015
I hold Judicial hearings each shift. I attempt to dispense justice with common sense. It has been an excellent position and working along side my colleagues has been tremendously rewarding. My involvement with the Law Enforcement community has been outstanding. Unfortunately the shift changes every 3 or 4 days a week and leaves little time for family and important dates.
Great
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAAugust 8, 2013
Loved working in the court system in Virginia. Retired from the state of Virginia after this job.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
There are no advancement opportunities and upward mobility potential near zero.
Judicial Hearing Officer (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAJuly 28, 2013
Work nights, weekends and other shifts on a rotating basis every two days.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
everthing else from the job.
Small office but work with a large court with a demanding work load.
Deputy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Suffolk, VAMay 29, 2013
Work day-in and day-out on large case loadings all while assisting other employees, judges, and customers with questions. Also assist with handling the phones and the front window for transactions from the general public which can vary from submitting documentation to making a payment.

I manage my work load and assist the other clerks with their work. The hardest part of the job is the fact that the job is never done since there is always another case to be entered. Also it can be demanding with the ever changing amount of codes and laws.

I overall enjoy this field of work since related to my studies and I enjoy having the feeling that I assisted others and tried to offer a sense of relieve for them.
Pros
Recognition from others outside of court
Cons
Lack of ability to grow with court

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Supreme Court of Virginia. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8