Supreme Energy Inc. has been providing dependable, expert heating services since 1921. For over 90 years Mitchell Supreme Fuel Co. has delivered premium heating oil products, and has performed expert repair, installation, and maintenance service on every type of equipment from residential to commercial. With the addition of NATGASCO, Inc. we have been able to satisfy the natural gas and electric needs of our commercial and industrial customers throughout the New York and New Jersey metropolitan area. By providing responsive, personal service that you can’t get from your local utility, Supreme Energy is focusing its expansion efforts in the electric and gas markets as evidenced by its recent entry into Florida and Pennsylvania.
POSITION: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for the development, coordination, management, oversight and evaluation of the business development and sales functions. Participates in team management, performance management, strategic planning, budgeting and forecasting initiatives and systems initiatives, in addition to problem solving and process development for the department. Focus is on delivering measureable results within the organization that lead to outstanding program execution for our customers. Results will be attained through effective execution against business development, sales and business performance goals.
- Evaluate performance to determine if organizational capabilities are competitive and relevant with regard to customer and competitor trends in the industry
- Oversee and support the launch of new marketing programs and processes at the initial point of customer interface, including the generation of new business leads.
- Play a strategic role in developing category, customer and competitive brand marketplace insights
- Oversee the collection and reporting of data to analyze and identify consumer and marketplace trends/opportunities
- Champion key insights to drive consumer behavior change
- Make adjustments and optimize the market strategy to maximize our one-to-one consumer interactions
- Work closely with business leaders to maximize processes
- Identify and attend approved trade exhibits, shows and regular company field programs to develop and maintain knowledge base
- Identify gaps and best practices in marketing and business development operations to improve overall performance.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's Degree, Business Administration or Marketing Preferred
- Master's degree preferred
- 7 - 10+ years of management/leadership experience in a retail marketing and business development role
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic business environment
- Experience managing a team of direct and indirect reports
- Expert level influencing skills - ability to manage internal and external boundaries, set expectations, and build alignment at varying management levels/client interface
- Expert level insight skills - ability to identify and develop robust data on internal and external operations (especially regarding customer expectations and alternatives) and transform that data into decisions that balance risk with reward
- Expert level execution skills - ability to coordinate mutually agreed expectations of what is promised to the customer into measureable business results
- Expert level credibility skills - ability to use personal effectiveness to link relationships, processes, and business methodologies with revenue-producing activities
- Strong strategic thinking and process development skills
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills and proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Empathy/understanding of the impact of marketing and business development initiatives on field associates
- Technically proficient in marketing and business development tools, MS Office and data reporting systems
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Team player with good people skills
- Ability to manage and develop a team of 10 or more employees, including direct and indirect reports
- Must have proven successful track record in developing strategies and delivering results
Benefits include 401K, healthcare, holidays and vacation time.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements, along with a cover letter detailing your experience and interest in the position.