At Sur La Table, we're passionate about food, cooking and entertaining. And we're always looking for others who feel the same way.
There's so much to discover for those who join our team: A lively, rewarding work environment, unique products from around the world for the kitchen, table and home. A generous discount and people who share your culinary knowledge and enthusiasm.
Regardless of the job title or responsibilities, we're all here to inspire discovery by helping our customers do more in the kitchen and do it better. What could be more fun than that?
In 1972, Shirley Collins opened the first Sur La Table in Seattle's Pike Place Market.
Since then, we've grown and had plenty of fun along the way:
• In 1974, we gave the brand new Cuisinart food processor its West Coast debut
• We opened our second store in Berkeley, California, in 1995.
• Our cooking class program kicked off with a sizzle in 1996.
• Food & Wine magazine named us one of the best shops in America in 2005.
• We published our first book, Things Cooks Love, in 2008
• We had a good laugh being spoofed on an episode of "South Park" in 2009.
• Our 100th store opened in White Plains, New York, in 2012.
49 salaries reported
$9.95 per hour
13 salaries reported
$61,814 per year
10 salaries reported
$42,038 per year
In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a surprising selection of culinary tools from around the world, with helpful, knowledgeable employees who loved cooking, too.
We’ve grown to over 100 stores across America, with a website and catalog viewed by millions of people each year and the largest avocational cooking program in the U.S. But some things haven’t changed: We’re still the place for an unsurpassed selection of exclusive and premium-quality goods for the kitchen and table. We’re still passionate about cooking and entertaining, eager to share all we know.
Whether the job entails interacting with our customers on a daily basis or providing the vital behind-the-scenes support, we’re all here for the same reason – to inspire discovery by helping our customers do more in the kitchen and do it better. – less