Sur La Table

Sur La Table Employer Reviews

Great work environment with job growth potential
Sales Associate (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: with high turnover, there is always the option for growth in one's position within the company if desired
Cons: short breaks
Management is very personable, they listen to employees and let us voice our opinions and concerns. Each worker is highly valued and treated as part of a collective effort to reach sales goals and earn incentives.
loved the job and the people are amazing
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INAugust 25, 2014
I highly recommend anyone to apply. The pay was awesome. I loved the job and the people were very helpful and friendly.
A place to grow your skill set
Sales Representative (Former Employee), King of Prussia, PAAugust 15, 2014
You can gain a lot of experience working with this company. If you enjoy sales, then this is the job for you!
Great people who care about their employees
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Pittsburgh, PAJuly 25, 2014
Pros: great environment, benefits, excellent store discount
Cons: not enough hours to sustain with just this position
Sur La Table is a company that cares about its products, but also its employees. I find that my management team actually cares about how I am doing and part of the company's culture is to maintain a good life/work balance, which they uphold. Upward mobility is encouraged, and each time a temporary promotion has arisen, I was promoted. They encourage – more... anyone who is capable to try to move up in the company, and I have watched as one of my team has been promoted already and will most likely be a store manager within the next couple years. The hours for floor lead, however, have recently been cut to just under full time to no more than 25 hours/week, which is a negative. The cut in hours has greatly decreased the likelihood that I will stay for longer, unfortunately. – less
Fun workplace
Part-time crewmember (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 13, 2014
I learn so much about kitchenware and cooking while working at SLT.
Great associates, bad upper management.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), CAMay 29, 2014
I have had good and bad experiences with Sur La Table, but unfortunately the negative has outweighed the positive. Product is amazing and the associates and kitchen staff are all wonderful people, but there is no support in upper management.
Sales in Retail
Marketing and Sales Representative (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2014
Usually when my shift starts I would meet up with the manager to discuss the day's specials and sales as well as volume. With that information I would promote items on sale while assisting customers in products, or doing cash register. It was a good working environment as all the employees got along and ultimately got the job done no matter what. Even – more... if that meant staying in the store till 5 in the morning just to do inventory. – less
Cool gadgets; very low pay
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee), Troy, MIApril 2, 2014
Pros: cool people
Cons: overworked and totally underpaid
I worked for Sur La Table for almost 4 years. The only thing I miss now are some of the friends I made over the years.
Great relaxed work culture with amazing talented people.
Production Artist (Former Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: short work fridays (petite fridays)
Cons: hired me and 4 months lated determined that they had to make staff cuts
I loved working here. Made some really great friends and would do anything to go back.
Learning and serving Customers with classes and Product
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: great bonus's and product
Cons: hours
Sur La Table was a fun place to work. They havde a great Management group.
ideal
Associate (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INFebruary 24, 2014
this was an ideal position for me because of having two small children at home it allowed me to work 3 days a week and still support my family and be with them and not just working to pay bills and not seeing my children
Picked packed cooking products.
Retail pick packer (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: paid lunches
Cons: no set time for when you would be getting off cut into hours, but not awful.
Good place to work other than the Management isn't the best.
Typical day
Software Engineer (Former Employee), Seattle, WADecember 2, 2013
• Works with various business units to provide the key performance indicators and detailed information required to help make business decisions by identifying trends and patterns in inventory data
• Develops and QAs reports as well as generates one-time, ad hoc reports by crafting custom queries against the data repositories
• Maintains existing reports – more... and middle-ware using C#, MS SQL, SSRS, SSIS, UML, DB2, and AS/400 – less
Fun place to work the people are great
Sales, Floor Manager, Asst. Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 20, 2013
Pros: people
Cons: lack of logical way they manage their human capital
Overall good experience, learned day to day operations of the store. Hardest part was just managing your associate and all there personal needs. Co-workers were great very dedicated and hard working. I love working with the public and making their dilemas go away.
fun place to work
Customer Service/ Stock (Current Employee), Charlotte,NCNovember 8, 2013
Pros: great discount
In this store i can really use my knowledge from culinary school to help customers get the best product and gadgets to execute any thing they are trying to do in the kitchen.
Creative and supportive environment I feel good to be a part of.
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 20, 2013
I enjoy the creative and open aspects of Sur La Table. It is not a difficult job but it is hard work and one place for improvement would be to increase Kitchen Assistant pay rate. The store discount is wonderful but I would prefer a higher pay rate so I can use it! Overall, I am very happy with my work and coworkers here.
Don't do it, don't work for Sur La Table
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee), Roseville, CAAugust 1, 2013
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no career potential
Only work here if you want the discount. If you are looking for a career, look somewhere else.
Interesting place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 1, 2013
A very challenging and intense place to work. I don't really want to say much more than that.
I can now make food for myself instead of going out
Chef's Assistant (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJuly 26, 2013
It's a flexible environment where the chefs are amazing. And while assisting them, you're able to learn a great deal of skills like knife skills, which foods, spices, and herbs go together well, and what happens when you don't follow the recipe.
Productive and cool place to work.
Material Handler, Pick/Packer (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INJune 17, 2013
I enjoyed working there. I have nothing else to say. Have a great day!

1 2 3 4

About Sur La Table

In 1972, the first Sur La Table store opened in Seattle’s Pike Place Market. It was a place where serious cooks found a – Read more